Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Paladin of Darkness ❯ The winner is Davis ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO
 
In the Dark Ocean, where the Dark-Scubamon lived. For years since Kari had refused their offer of being their queen, and Ken's days as the Digimon Kaiser were through, they had been spending their time searching for a new person to serve them.
 
Someone to help them escape the depths of the Ocean and to rule over the Digital world. To make it easier, whoever the chose would be given special powers the Dark Ocean had kept well guarded for many centuries… but first they would actually have to find someone.
 
They knew Kari would never agree to their terms, and that TK was the bearer of the crest of Hope making him immune to the darkness. Not to mention, TK hated darkness all together.
 
“There must be someone out there who will make us a fine warrior.” said one of the Scubamon as he stared at images of the real-world through the waves, “But where?!”
 
“Remember… the human we choose must be a Digi Destined with vast amounts of power and potential.” said another Scubamon. “We must keep looking.”
 
Meanwhile
 
Davis was just picking at his dinner as he stared off into space. His family was most amazed. Davis loved having steak for dinner and would normally just scoff it all down his throat… but he hadn't even touched it.
 
“Hey, Sport… is everything okay?” asked his dad.
 
Davis still didn't respond. That's when Jun decided to take drastic actions. She licked her finger and gave Davis a Wet-Willy. “Ugh! Hey, Jun!”
 
As much as their parents didn't approve of Jun doing that at the dinner table, at least it got Davis' attention. “Honey… is something wrong?” asked his mom. “You've hardly eaten anything.”
 
“Hmm? Oh, I didn't notice.”
 
Somehow, Davis did get through dinner, and spent the rest of the night playing video-games.
 
Jun, feeling a little cheeky couldn't help but want to tease her brother. “I'll bet I know what's bumming you.” she joked.
 
Davis' features hardened. “Back off, Jun. It's none of your business.”
 
“Could it maybe have something to do with that Kari girl you crush on.”
 
“Ah!” Davis winced. “WILL YOU JUST GET OFF MY BACK!!” he shouted, causing his sister to wince and back away. “Whoa! What a grouch.” she muttered.
 
The next Day
 
Davis didn't really get that much sleep the other night. He couldn't seem to get what he saw the other day off his mind. Seeing Kari with TK… he giving her a flower… and she kissing him on the cheek.
 
Believing that it was really too late, he had convinced himself that Kari was falling for TK, and not him. “So much for me asking her out.” he thought to himself.
 
Davis met Ken and Yolei at his locker. “Hey, Davis… what's up.” his best friend said to him, but they could tell from the angry look in his eyes that he wasn't having a good day.
 
“Whoa! Somebody got out on the wrong side of the bed.” said Yolei. “What's wrong?”
 
Davis stayed silent, not even looking at them.
 
“Okay, fine be a jerk.” Yolei said. “Let's go, Ken.”
 
They began to walk off, when Davis decided he couldn't keep it to himself. “Wait. Guys, hold up!” he called.
 
He told them about what he saw the other day, and since Yolei and Ken didn't understand the misjudgment either… they most surprised. Well of course they knew Kari and TK had great potential to be a couple, but the way they saw how Kari and Davis had hanging out lately… this wasn't quite the good thing.
 
“What am I going to do?” Davis asked. “I can't lose my only chance to ask her out.”
 
Ken thought hard. “Hmm… well you can't just go right up to her yet. Not while you're feeling all stressed out.” he said.
 
“Yeah… you'd probably just do something stupid.” added Yolei.
 
“Hey!”
 
“Well… no offense.”
 
Ken then had an idea. “Davis, how about we talk to Kari and TK, and you calm down for a little while to get this stress out of your system?”
 
Davis looked up. “Would you guys really do that for me?” he asked.
 
Ken nodded, and so did his girlfriend. “It's the least we can do.” Ken said.
 
“Besides… I'm a little curious about this myself.” Yolei added. “But just don't go near them right now. Take the time to calm down.”
 
Davis agreed, and then they all separated and walked off to class.
 
Throughout the day, in class, Kari noticed Davis acting a little strange, he didn't speak to her or even look at her. He decided it best not to tell her what was going on for fear of looking silly.
 
She was really starting to worry about him now. She was even secretly hoping he'd ask her out today, but something was obviously up with him, and she planned to find out what.
 
Meanwhile, at the Dark Ocean
 
The Dark-Scubamon had been search for a while still, then finally they had found something perfect. Davis. “Who better to choose to fight for us than the leader of the Digi Destined, himself.”
 
Davis was like the perfect candidate for them. He had courage. Great potentials. A knack for not giving up, and his Digimon partner had digivolved into so many different forms each with great powers…
 
“Yes… that boy will make a perfect warrior for us, and so shall his partner.” The Scubamon said.
 
“But my friend…” said another. “What if the boy and his partner shall not wish to join us? They despise our evil nature as much as anyone else does.”
 
The first Scubamon sniggered. “Hmm, mm, mm. Who said they will have a choice.” And his friends got the idea.
 
“We shall have to test him and his partner first. If they can successfully pass the challenge we present to them then we shall make them one of us.”
 
All the Scubamon began to gather a hoard of their dark friends, the Bakemon. They would disguise them selves as bullies, and the rest would remain in their regular forms.
 
“You all know what to do?”
 
The Bakemon all hissed and threw their ghostly arms up high in the air. Then they were off. “Very soon Daisuke… you and your partner shall be one with us… and then the Dark ocean shall finally reign supreme .”
They shared a maniacal laugh.