Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Paladin of Darkness ❯ Awaken, Paladin of Darkness ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THREE
 
“DAVIS, MAN ON!!”
 
Davis and his team had soccer practice after school that day, and Davis was actually starting to get his perks back up. Of course he didn't forget about his problem with Kari, but he wasn't letting it get to him now.
 
He had been doing his best to avoid Kari, and TK, and rather let Yolei and Ken help him out. So for now, he was just taking the time to enjoy himself.
 
When practice was over, Davis all sweaty and tired decided to head on home. Demi-Veemon in his backpack, and a smile on his face. “Gee, Davish… you looked real aweshome out there.”
 
Davis chuckled. “Yeah. It's all in the leg works.” he said.
 
He decided to take a shortcut to the building where he lived by cutting across and old alley, and the moment he was halfway through… he was confronted by a gang of punk teenagers, and their Bakemon.
 
“Yo' what's the big idea?” Davis snapped.
 
The bullies all sneered at Davis. “So dis is da famous, Davis Motomiya? Da world's most invincible of da Digi destined?”
 
“Yeah, and what's it to you?” Davis protested. “Look… I don't want any trouble here, so just let me go.”
 
“Too bad kid!” snapped a Bakemon. “We have you right where we want you, and you're not getting out of here without some proper introduction.”
 
“What he said.” snapped a bully. “Now shows us what'cha got!!”
 
They began to close in around Davis, and Demi-Veemon quivered in the backpack. “What say little guy? Think we should?” Davis asked.
 
Demi-Veemon nodded. “Let'sh do thish!” he said with bravery.
 
Davis whipped out his D3, and Demi-Veemon began to glow brightly. “DEMI-VEEMON… Warp-Digivolve too; “EX-VEEMON!!”
 
The Bakemon began to huddle all over Ex-Veemon, but using his mighty-muscles, Ex-Veemon stretched out hard and sent the ghosts flying in all directions. “Don't mess with the Ex!” he growled.
 
“Yeah! Way to give it to them, Ex-Veemon.” Davis cheered, but then the bullies began to rush towards him. “Whoa!”
 
Davis could see two bullies, one coming from the right, and the other from the left. “Lucky for me I watched too much television when I was little.” he thought cheekily, and he ducked down at the last moment letting the bullies crash hard into each other.
 
“Yeah! Two down.” but that still left three more.
 
On the other part of the alley Ex-Veemon was busy with the Bakemon. He even had time to perfect a new move he'd had seen on TV.
 
He grabbed a Bakemon by it's robes and flew up high. “SEISMIC-TOSS!!” He began to whirl round, and around, and then sent the Bakemon crashing down into the ground.
 
It was really starting to become a huge success, that new move of his. It was evens starting to make him a little faster in his agility, and stronger in his brute-strength. “I feel like I could take on an Ultimate!”
 
He saw two more Bakemon coming towards him, but gave them each a good “VEE-PUNCH!!” and a “VEE-KICK!!”
 
BAM!!
 
POW!!
 
Right into a dumpster.
 
Davis was also fair good, he kept on dodging the bullies charges, and punches, and even saved a little secret move for last. Three of the bullies were all charging him at once, and he was backed into the wall with no where to run… but that wasn't stopping him yet.
 
He moved his foot to behind a garbage-can that was sitting beside him. He used to kick lots of things to perfect his footwork for soccer. “Think fast!!” he yelled as he sent the can flying straight to the boys.
 
CRASH!!
 
“STI-RIKE!!”
 
Meanwhile
 
As Davis and Ex-Veemon continued in their struggle, the Scubamon, who had been watching them from the dark ocean, had seen enough.
 
“Yes… he is the one.” A Scubamon sniggered. “He and his partner are truly the ones who shall become our new warriors.”
 
The other Scubamon nodded and began to prepare things to receive Davis and Ex-Veemon from the fight.
 
Meanwhile
 
Scrapped and bruised the bullies and their Bakemon had run off.
 
“Man… what was all that about?” Davis asked.
 
“I don't know…” added Ex-Veemon. “But I'm starting to have a feeling that there's more to this than we know of.”
 
Davis nodded, and as he walked over towards his backpack, he and Ex-Veemon were suddenly beginning to fade, and strong dark winds were picked up. “Hey! What's going on?!” cried Davis.
 
Ex-Veemon looked up onto the rooftops. “Davis! Look!”
 
Davis looked up and saw the Dark-Scubamon staring down at him and Ex-Veemon.
“Dasiuke Motomiya! Ex-Veemon…!” shouted the ring-leader. “We, of the Dark Ocean have CHOSEN YOU BOTH!!”
 
Davis and Ex-Veemon exchanged gasps of shock. “The Dark Ocean!!” they both cried at the same time. “NOOOOOO!!!”
 
The Scubamon blasted the duo with dark waves… and “POOF” they were gone. They too had vanished.
 
Meanwhile
 
Davis, and Ex-Veemon lay unconscious on two separate bed-spreads, in the Dark Ocean. The Scubamon had finished the final preparations ready to begin a ceremony to in trust Davis and Ex-Veemon with their new powers.
 
“They will fight wonderfully for us…” said a Scubamon. “But what if their friends figure what is wrong with them, and they try to help?”
 
The ring leader had already thought that far ahead.
 
All the Digi destined had always received any important details, and helpful obtainments from Gennai. The only human in the Digital-world an the Real world who could conjure up nearly anything to stop evil.
 
Davis' first assignment would be to put Gennai out of action. “With him out of the way, the Digi Destined and their Digimon will never stand up to us again.”
 
All the Scubamon shared a sneaky snigger. Then.. it was time.
 
The Scubamon all began chanting and dancing around; calling out to the ocean and the hidden powers it had kept a secret for so long.
 
Davis and Ex-Veemon's bed spread were placed on the water, and letting the Dark Waves from the ocean consume their bodies and bestow all the power into them.
 
Then… ring leader of the Scubamon stepped up on top of the Dark-lighthouse, and began the final chant.
 
“Sprits of Darkness in this twilight hour.”
“Grant these chosen soul your power!”
“May evil gain more, and purity less.”
“Now arise our warrior, PALADIN OF DARKNESS!!”
 
Lightning shook this skies as the ocean went berserk. Davis and Ex-Veemon's beds glowed with a dark light, and the tow of them stood up right with their eyes glowing red with evil.
 
Davis… hidden by the dark fog, stepped forward and said in a deep voice. “How may I serve you my people?”
 
“What is it that you want of us?” added Ex-Veemon.
 
Ex-Veemon was told to stay behind while his preparations still needed more time, and as for Davis. With his Digivice he would gain entry to Gennai's secret palace below the ocean in the main part of digital world.
 
“Once there… you will put him out of action. You will later then be joined by your partner who will assist you in destroying the Digi Destined and their Digimon.”
 
“Takeru Takashi, the child of Hope, and his partner, Patamon.”
 
“Hikari Kaymiya, the child of Light, and her partner, Gatomon.”
 
“Iori “Cody” Hida, the child of Knowledge, and Reliability, and his partner, Armadillamon.”
 
“Miyako “Yolei” Inoue, the child of Love and Sincerity, and her partner, Hawkmon.”
 
“And Ken Ichijouchi, the child of Kindness and his partner, Wormon.”
 
“Now… step forward, Daisuke, and receive the powers we have granted you with.”
 
Davis stepped forward and was bathed in a dark tube of light and fog, and when he came back out his outfit had changed completely…
 
He wore a shining black suit, with silver shoulder-pads, and knee-guards with matching boots and gloves. He wore a cape, that was black on the outside, red on the inside, and shredded a little at the bottom.
 
The best feature was his black battle-helmet with an evil white mask across the face and a golden brass ornament went right across the front like a pair of big eyebrows.
 
He was also given in one hand a powerful chain with a reaper's claw on the end… and in his other had, his Digivice.
 
However… unlike Ken's Black Digivice. Everything on it was pitch dark. The buttons, the rims, even the screen was black.
 
Davis gripped his new weapons hard, and his monotone-voice from inside his helmet. He thrust his arms up high and shouted out… “To the fall of Gennai… and the Destruction of the Digi destined!”
 
Everyone cheered him on.