Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Paladin of Darkness ❯ New Attitude. ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SEVEN
 
Davis dropped Demi-Veemon off at the playground near the school where he could play all day until school was out. The other Digimon we're there too, and they were already playing.
 
Usually Demi-Veemon would just rush up and play all over the place, but today however he just sat way up on the highest pole, and didn't do anything. This made the other Digimon all confused.
 
“Hey, Demi-Veemon, want to play tag?” Upamon said.
 
“I promise I won't fly out this time.” added Poromon.
 
Demi-Veemon shook his head. “No thanksh. I'm jusht not in the mood.” he said.
 
Patamon hovered up the pole and could see Demi-Veemon was looking a little stranger today. “Are you okay?” he asked.
 
Demi-Veemon glared at him “Of courshe! What do you mean?” he almost snarled. Patamon nearly winced. “Okay… okay… I was just asking.” he grumbled.
 
Gatomon was most confused. She never knew Demi-Veemon to even be this grouchy before. She wondered what he was thinking about.
 
Meanwhile
 
Davis was at his locker, and putting his books away when, “Hi, Davis.” Kari said as she came up towards him, but Davis didn't even look at her.
 
“Davis?” she replied, and he still didn't respond. “Davis… why didn't to come to our meetings? Didn't you get the email I sent?”
 
Davis nodded, “Something came up.” he finally said.
 
Kari fell for his bluff and said. “Well, okay. Just remember to email me next time, I was… well… Kind of worried.”
 
Davis shut his locker and looked her dead in the eyes. “Kari, listen… I'm a big boy, I can look after myself without help from anyone.”
 
Kari was starting to get a little aggravated with his attitude. “Okay, what's wrong with you?” she snapped. “You're acting like you're… upset with me or something.”
 
Davis sighed. “You're right… I'm sorry.” he said. “I just didn't get a lot sleep last night, and I'm a little beat today.”
 
Kari smiled. “Okay.” she said sweetly. Then TK came up to them. “Hey, guys… ready to go class Kari?” he asked. Kari nodded and bid goodbye to Davis as she walked off with TK.
 
Davis kept on looking at them until they were out of sight. “Humph! She's walking with him, figures!” he thought to himself as his eyes glowed red. “Well… they'll get what's coming to them soon enough.”
 
As the day passed by, everyone in Davis' classes were amazed. Davis handed in all his homework assignments, and they all were graded with a perfect mark, and with no evidence that he cheated.
 
In gym class, it got even stranger as TK's basketball team was playing against Davis' again. Davis' team was being taunted and hooted by cheerleaders, and TK fans, much to the Digi-destined's annoyance.
 
Kari thought it was really unfair that Davis' team got that awful treatment, just because they never won a game before. True she herself liked to root for TK's team, but she also preferred it when everyone just played for fun.
 
Still… the game began and Davis was on the sidelines, while TK was on the court, and as was expected, TK's team had jumped way ahead in the first few minutes.
 
By half time, the score was, 45 to 3, players were being exchanged. TK was still on the court, and now Davis was up to face him for the serve, and those awful cheerleaders were mocking Davis' team again.
 
“Green and mean, that's our team.”
“They'll turn those blue boys to cream.”
 
TK thought that was mean of them. “Hey, Davis…” he whispered. “I'll go a little easy on you this time. Let you score at least a few baskets.”
 
Davis just chuckled softly. “Don't bother. I plan on taking you on with everything you got.”
 
“Huh?”
 
The ball was served. The whistle was blown, and Davis swiftly grabbed the ball and began dashing towards the basket, by passing the players without much effort, and SLAMMING the ball into the hoop.
 
The crowd gasped, and TK's coach was amazed. “How did he do that?”
 
All through the game, Davis team turned things around hard. Although it was Davis who seemed to be doing most of the work, and they just kept passing him the ball.
 
If We Take Our Time,
And We Stick Together,
Everything We Do Will Go Our Way.
And If We Try,
Now and Forever,
No Matter Comes Next,
We'll Be Okay.
 
SWOOSH!! 45 to 20
 
Let's Kick It Up!
Shout Out All The Things We Can Do!
Let's Kick It Up!
Now There's no Tomorrow!
Let's Kick It Up!
Cause They Ain't Seen The Last Of Me And You!
Let's Kick It Up!
Together.
 
LONG SHOT!! 45 to 33
 
And We Realize,
What's On the Surface,
Ain't Picture Perfect,
But That Don't Mean A Thing.
One Thing I Know,
Is There's A Purpose,
And Like The Circus,
We're Hanging From The Rings.
 
SWISH!!
 
DUNK!! 45 to 45
 
 
Let's Kick It Up!
Shout Out All The Things We Can Do!
Let's Kick It Up!
Now There's no Tomorrow!
Let's Kick It Up!
Cause They Ain't Seen The Last Of Me And You!
Let's Kick It Up!
Together.
Together.
 
TK couldn't believe this was happening. Davis' team was doing horribly bad, and not his team gave it all they had, and Davis' team was making a huge comeback, and it was finally down to the last penalty shot… and Davis was up.
 
The tension was mounting, and the crowd was growing nervous, Davis decided to trick them up a little more by hiding his eyes and looking the other way.
 
“Motomiya, what are you doing?!” called the coach, but Davis just smiled and flung the ball right into the hoop without even looking, ending the game, 45 to 46.
 
At first everyone was silent in shock that he was able to actually make that basket, but then the whole gymnasium erupted into cheering and applause. For the first time since anyone could remember, Davis' team had triumphed over TK's.
 
“Well, I'll be.” TK said.
 
After that, school was out for the day…
 
Meanwhile
 
Yolei and Hawkmon had joined Izzy and Tentomon in Gennai's crippled palace, working on the computers. “Well, have you come up with anything?” Yolei asked.
 
Izzy moved on his skateboard form underneath the consoles and panels. “Nothing. These cables and wires have been completely burned.” he said.
 
Everyone held their heads low. “Isn't there anything we can do at all?” asked Hawkmon. “The Paladin of Darkness could strike back at any moment.”
 
“Well… there's only one other way.” Izzy replied. “We'll have to replace the irreparable wires, but that means we're going to have to restart and reconnect every system there is.”
 
“Well, at least we know the job can be done.” said Yolei. “It's just going to take time.”
 
“Time.” cried Tentomon. “The one thing we just don't seem to have.” Nevertheless, they all carried on with their work.
 
Meanwhile
 
The Scubamon decided that the time was now. Davis would be given the Sword of Darkness, and Red-Ex-Veemon, The Pendant of black chaos. Two treasures that would keep them under their evil spell forever… provided they were not destroyed.
 
However, in accordance with the bylaws, those treasures were things that they had to earn in a test of great strength, and at this very moment now that test was ready to commence.
 
The Scubamon all met in the desert where Davis in his regular clothes, and Veemon were waiting for them. “You have summoned us our people.” Davis said.
 
Veemon socked his fist into his other hand. “Tell ush… is it time to CRUSH the Digi Deshtined?”
 
“Pertinence!” the ring leader said. “First, the both of you shall undergo a test using only your current skills, with no power, no weapons, and now Digivolution. If you are both able to defeat our Bakemon warriors, will you receive the Sword of Darkness, and the Pendant of Black Chaos.”
 
Davis and Veemon nodded. “We are ready!!” they both said at the same time, and at that moment the Bakemon appeared, and some of them changed into bullies to meet Davis' standards.
 
“LET THE TEST… BEGIN!!”
 
Davis and Veemon split up to gain more ground. Since, they had gained newer moves and greater physical strength since they were cursed by the ocean, this made things a little different for them than back in the alley.
 
This time, Davis was getting offensive with the bullies, dodging their attacks, and sending some of his own kicks and punches into them.
 
Veemon was still just a Rookie, but sometimes it was possible for a Rookie to stand up to Champions. “VEE-HEADBUTT!!” BOOT!! Right into the gut.
 
“Heh, heh… nothing to it.”
 
Still, the fight was difficult, as Veemon had several Bakemon crowing on him at once, and Davis had to face off against loads of bullies with no props this time to help him.
 
It was the prefect test of their own strength and skills, with no aids at all still, Davis and Veemon were not giving up… after all they had something help fuel their anger to give them more strength and determination…
 
The very thought of how they really wanted to ask Kari and Gatomon out, and everything went horribly wrong when they thought everything was going smooth.
 
Davis and Veemon gave two loud ROARS of ANGUSISH, and the began to make short work of all their opponents… before long, the battle was over and they had won.
 
“Hmm, mm, mm. You command, and we obey you, Scubamon.” Davis said. Veemon nodded in agreement.
 
All the Scubamon applauded with cheer. “Well done, our warriors.” Said the Ring leader. “You have passed our tests, and now you shall receive the Sword of Darkness… and the Pendant of Black Chaos!”
 
In Davis hands appeared a medium bladed sword, with a dark hilt and the sharp blade curling slightly at the top.
 
Around Veemon's neck appeared a thick necklace with black, with gold outlined, jewels. This necklace made his digital data go wild with power. “Heh, heh, heh… I never felt shuch power before.”
 
Davis nodded. “The Digi destined and their Digimon friends will all be destroyed.” his said evilly. “… And I think I know just who shall be the first ones to go.”
 
Thought images of TK and Patamon seemed to stand beside them both. “Hmm, mm, mm, ah, ah, ah, ah!!”
 
Author's notes:
 
Sorry if any bashing starts to stir up, but I need to do it if I want to keep the plot going nice and smoothly.
 
Remember, it's not over until the final chapter is made.