Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Paladin of Darkness ❯ TK's Prediciment ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER EIGHT
 
TK and Kari met with Cody and Ken at a café for some coffee. “I don't know how he did all that, but that was incredible.” TK said again.
 
Cody never knew Davis could ever play basketball like that before. “He always used to go about saying soccer was the only sport.”
 
Ken was also beginning to have sickening feelings. This all seemed to familiar for him, the way he and Davis had their first soccer match, but thinking about it too much hurt his brain and gave him horrid visions. Besides, there wasn't enough information yet to prove his theory, so he left it be for now.
 
“Well you guy's should've seen the way Demi-Veemon was acting.” said Gatomon.
 
Flashback
 
Demi-Veemon stayed on top of that post all day long. He didn't come down ever. He didn't even want to play with the others, and every time they asked him if he was feeling all right…
 
“Look, I jusht don't want to play right now. So leave me alone!”
 
End of Flashback
 
Kari suggested that maybe Demi-Veemon was just tired. “Davis said he didn't get a lot of sleep last night.” she said. “Maybe he kept Demi-Veemon awake too.”
 
Everyone actually agreed with her… though Kari's guess was completely incorrect.
 
After they all finished their coffees it was time to head to the Digital world to see how their project was coming along. “Project?” TK asked himself. “Awe, nuts. I forgot my backpack at school, and I left some plans for Izzy in there.”
 
Even knew how serious this was, so they agreed to let TK and Patamon catch up to them later on. “Oh, TK…” Kari called. “If you see Davis, tell him we're in the Digital world.”
 
“Sure thing.” TK called and he and Patamon we're gone.
 
 
When they got to school, it was still open thank goodness. TK dashed to his locker with Patamon hovering close behind him, and they bumped into Davis in the hallway. “Whoa! Sorry Davis, didn't see you there.”
 
“Hey, no sweat.” Davis said as he gathered up his books.
 
TK was amazed, Davis was actually brining a whole load of homework home? He knew this wasn't like him at all, but he didn't bother to answer as it wasn't really any of his business.
 
“Oh, Davis…” Patamon called. Davis turned back around. “Listen. Uh, Kari told us to tell you that we're all heading to the Digital world in case you were late.”
 
“Hey, like I said; No sweat.” Davis said. “I'll be there as I can… if I can.”
 
TK and Patamon smiled and ten turned back to walk up the hallway… which made Davis realize now was his chance. Seeing as no one was watching, he pulled out his Evil-D3, and zapped TK with a dark glow of light… “WHOA!! HEY!!” then POOF, he was gone.
 
“TK?” Patamon cried. “Where'd you go?” but suddenly, Demi-Veemon popped out from behind a garbage can, behind him and zapped Patamon with his pendant, then POOF… he was gone too.
 
Demi-Veemon sniggered softly to himself as he walked over to Davis. “Take that, Digi-Dorksh.”
 
Davis nodded and grinned wickedly. “One team down, and four to go.” It was time for them to begin phase two of their plot. One they had been dreaming of for ages.
 
(Actually, as evil as I've portrayed Davis in the past, you know he would never really think that way)
 
Meanwhile
 
POOF!!
 
POOF!!
 
TK and Patamon found themselves in a strange dark arena. Dark fog covering the floor. Steel bars all over the walls, and hardly any light coming through. “TK, where are we… and what happened?”
 
TK shook his head. “I don't know. How did we even get here?” He looked around, but there didn't seem to be any way in, or out. He moved closer to the bars to see maybe if he could squeeze through them, but the moment he laid his hand on the metal…
 
BUZZ!! “YEOW!!” the metal was jamming with electrical currents and he got a very nasty shock that threw him backwards. “TK!” cried Patamon. “Are you okay?”
 
TK shook the feeling back into his hand. “Whew! I think so… but I don't think we can get out of here that way.” he said.
 
Patamon tried his “BOOM-BUBBLE!! PAH!!” but the bars only neutralized that attack, and nothing happened. “There's got to be another way out of here.” TK said. He got out his D-Terminal. “I'll try sending the others an email.”
 
“I hope it works.” said Patamon.
 
“I'm afraid that it won't work, at least not here. said an evil, familiar voice. TK and Patamon looked around to see Red-Ex-Veemon standing there, laughing at them.
 
“Looks like our troubles just got worse.” TK said. “Ready, Patamon?” Patamon nodded. TK reached for his belt, but felt nothing there. “Huh? Hey!”
 
“Ha, ha, ha, ah, ah! Looking for something.” Red-Ex-Veemon mocked as he held up TK's D3 in his hand. Without it, Patamon couldn't Digivolve, or even Armor-Digivolve.
 
“There is no hop for the two of you now. You must face me all on your own! Ha, ha, ha, ah, ah, ah! AHH, HA, HA, HAA!!”
 
Meanwhile
 
The clean up in Gennai's palace was nearing completion. By that, at least the wires were replaced, and the panels all fit back together, but it was still going to take some time to reconfigure the systems.
 
“Well, I've repaired the scanners enough so at least we can see what's going on in the Digital world, but it's going to take a while before we can even try to look for Gennai.” Izzy said.
 
Well, at least they were getting somewhere.
 
“Hey… shouldn't TK or Davis have come here by now?” Wormon asked. “It's really not like them to be late.”
 
Now that everyone realized, TK was running a little behind schedule. Kari checked her D-Terminal for any emails, “Nothing.” she said “Gee, I hope nothing's happened to him.”
 
Suddenly, the alarm, now repaired, began beeping indicating there was danger in the Digital world. “Look!” cried Ken. Everyone looked at one of the repaired screens.
 
“Hmm, mm, mm, ah, ah, ah!” It was the Paladin of Darkness. He was attacking the primary village and forcing all the baby Digimon to evacuate like a stampede.
 
“Mmm! Okay, this guy is really starting to get on my nerves!” Yolei growled. “I say we go kick that guy's butt for what he did to us last time.”
 
“Uh, as much as I may regret saying this, but I'm not so certain that's a good idea Yolei.” said Hawkmon. As he anticipated Yolei aimed her angry red face right at him, growling!
 
“Hawkmon has a point, Yolei.” said Cody. “The last time we all went against him, he took us down without breaking a sweat.”
 
“You're telling me.” said Armadilamon, “I still have scratches on my shell from behind hit.” but Kari had already thought of that, and she told everyone that she had just finished sending Tai and email.
 
“The others are on their way, and they'll help us out.” she said. “But the problem is I can't seem to get a hold of TK or Davis anywhere.”
 
She tried again to send them emails, but once again Davis didn't reply, and TK's was unable to transmit. “Look, we'll worry about that later.” said Izzy. “Right now you guys should hurry before the Paladin does something too extreme.”
 
Everyone nodded in agreement. They also knew that if TK had Patamon with him, he'd be just fine. So with that settled, they all Digivolved, and DNA-Digivolved, and were off.
 
“Gee Izzy… I hope they'll be alright.” cried Tentomon.
 
“To be honest…” Izzy added. “I hope so too.”