Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Paladin of Darkness ❯ Hope is Hopeless ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER NINE
 
TK tried his D-Terminal again, sending a email to the others, but it still wouldn't send. Red-Ex-Veemon laughed at him. “Ah, ha, ha, ha! I already told you, fool! Your D-Terminal will not function in this dimension, but your D3 might; if you can take it from me.”
 
“I'll get it!” Patamon growled as he began to zoom forward.
 
“Patamon! No!” cried TK, but Patamon had already dove for the D3, and all Red-Ex-Veemon had to do was blow hard. “AAH!!” and Patamon smacked right into the wall.
 
“Ha, ha, ha! Surely you can better than that, can't you?” Red-Ex-Veemon mocked.
 
Patamon wasn't hurt, but now he was really getting mad, and so was TK. “Give me back my D3, now!” he demanded.
 
Red-Ex-Veemon just looked as though he was enjoying this. “Now you are demanding, and soon you shall be begging.” He mocked. “Begging for my mercy. Hmm, mm, mm. If you really hadn't been so careless, this little toy would still be in your possession.”
 
TK's blood was boiling up. Despite the fact that it was too dangerous, there was no other way to try and get his D3 back. So he and Patamon went for it again. Patamon landed over Red-Ex-Veemon's eyes. “What? Hey, get off me you overgrown , bat-winged, rodent!”
 
This gave TK the perfect chance to snatch his D3, only, Red-Ex-Veemon was holding onto it pretty tight, so tight that TK could pull it away. “Uh-oh.”
 
Red-Ex-Veemon smiled, and softly kicked TK down, and tossed Patamon off his head. “Hmm, mm, ah, ah, ah. Realize this, you pathetic team of twerps!” he snarled. “I have the power now. I can destroy you both anytime I wish, but I prefer to continue toying with you… the same way you have toyed with me in the past!!”
 
TK and Patamon looked at each other all confused. What did he mean by in the past when they never really confronted him before? Was there more to Red-Ex-Veemon than they knew of?
 
Whatever it was, it wasn't important now, as they had to figure out how to defend themselves and fast.
 
Meanwhile, in the Digital world
 
The others were nearing the battle zone, and both TK and Davis still hadn't joined them. Kari kept on trying to email them, but still TK's was Unable to send.” And Davis wasn't replying.
 
“Nothing.” cried Kari. “But here's one from, Tai. The others are on their way.”
 
“Good!” snapped Yolei. “I think it's time with gave this Paladin jerk a taste of his own medicine.”
 
“Look, there he is.” cried Stingmon. The Paladin was down below making a mess of everything in primary village. Blowing up the buildings, and shaking up the main-lands.
 
He looked up, and he saw them.
 
Armadillamon Digivolved to Ankylomon. “YEE-HAA!! Let's ride this cowboy.” he chuckled as he, Angewomon, Stingmon, and Aquilliamon rushed into battle.
 
“Hmm! Back for more, are you.” The Paladin growled as he withdrew his new sword, and the battle began.
 
Rather than just approach him an perform their special-attacks right away, the decided to engage the Paladin in hand to hand combat as he was a human after all. Still, that idea was no good.
 
Paladin kept dodging all their blows, and attacking them all with such brutal-force. Sparks even began to fly when the attacks from his sword hit, and each of the Digimon began to fall over.
 
ZAP!! “WHOA!”
 
POW!! “AAH!”
 
BOOT!! “YEOW!”
 
BAM!! “UGH!!
 
“He's beating them just a s bad as last time!” cried Cody.
 
“Come on guys, hang in there!” cried Ken.
 
The four Digimon began to charge at the Paladin all at once, but he only laughed at them for their foolish efforts. “Feel the power of the Sword of Darkness!” he called to them as he struck his blade to the ground sending a massive shockwave which knocked them all of their feet, and De-Digivolved them all. “Hmm, mm, mm, ah, ah, ah!”
 
The Digi-Destined ran to their fallen partners. “No. You guy's alright?” cried Yolei. “Oh, please tell me you're alright.”
 
Hawkmon's eyes opened wide, and he saw the Paladin slowly coming up towards them. “Uh, I don't any of us will be fine soon.” he cried.
 
Everyone huddled together, quivering in fear as the Paladin marched closer towards them with his sword at the ready. “And now Digi Destined, I'm going to finish you, and you pathetic little Digimon.”
 
It looked like it was lights out for the others, when suddenly, before the Paladin could strike them…
 
“WING-BLADE!!”
 
“FLOWER CANNON!!”
 
Garudamon, and Lillymon's power-blasts had snuck up from up of nowhere, and the Paladin was barely able to dodge them. “What is this?!” he growled as he looked around.
 
“Look! It's Tai and the others.” cried Kari.
 
“Hey!” Tai called as he waved from in the air, on Wargreymon's back. They, and all the others landed near the Paladin.
 
“Hey, Bucko! Why, don't pick on someone your own size.” Matt mocked.
 
This made the Paladin furious. “You shall suffer for that!!” His sword began to glow with a dark energy, and he fired a huge mass of power straight for them.
 
“LOOK OUT!!” cried Gatomon, but the others were well prepared.
 
“VULCAN'S HAMMER!!” growled Zudomon, as he pounded his hammer hard against the ground. The lighting struck the force from the sword, and was just strong enough to cancel it out.
 
“Right, now it's our turn!” Matt snarled.
 
Metal-Garurumon and Wargreymon nodded as they began to charge forward. Paladin fired another shot at them, but they evaded it, and were still poised for attack!
 
“Get him, guys!” called Tai.
 
“ICE WOLF-SPIKE!!” Metal-Garurumon began to bombard his ice-missiles all around the Paladin causing him to have to move all over the place to avoid being hit. This however, also rendered him partial defenseless.
 
“TERRA-FORCE!!”
 
Wargreymon's huge energy-ball crashed hard into the ground causing a huge explosion that knocked the Paladin off his feet. “WHOA!! AAAAAAAH!!” He angrily got to his feet. “You haven't seen the last of the PALADIN OF DARKNESS!!!” then he vanished and was gone.
 
“We'll be waiting for you, pal!” Tai muttered to himself.
 
Later on
 
Tai and the others offered to fix-up the village and watch over it incase the Paladin came back, while the others went back to Gennai's palace.
 
So far, Izzy had been at it a lot, but he still was no closer to finding Gennai anywhere. “Worse than that, I can't seem to find TK or Davis either.” he said.
 
The others were really getting worried now. “You don't think maybe--” Kari paused. “Maybe they were captured?”
 
“Well it is possible.” Tentomon said. “We can't trace their D3's anyway in either world. Either they aren't holding them, or something's blocking their signals”
 
“Just find them, okay!” snapped Yolei. “We need them no more than ever.”
 
“Yeah. The Paladin of Darkness was much stronger than before this time.” added Cody. “But at least we know that Mega-Level Digimon can stand a little of a chance against him.”
 
That was a good thing to know, but still, it didn't give them any other information they needed. Where Davis was… How to get Gennai Back… Who the Paladin really was… and most importantly; Where was TK at the moment?
 
Meanwhile
 
Red-Ex-Veemon was still toying around with TK, and Patamon in the hidden dimension. “It certainly is a shame you don't have your D3.” he said. “You would be able to leave this place if you had.”
 
“What's your point?” TK asked.
 
Red-Ex-Veemon just dropped TK's D3 into the fog. “Then let' see if you can take it… if you are brave enough. Heh-heh!”
 
TK would have tried to tried to go for it, or he'd never be able to escape, but it was easier said than done because he could see where it had landed under all that thick fog. “Don't worry TK, I got it.” Patamon said. “BOOM-BUBBLE!! PAH!!”
 
The force of his bubble, pounding the floor caused the fog to lift a little, and there it was just a ahead of them. “Yeah! Greta job.” TK said with joy as he ran for his D3, but before he could grab it, Red-Ex-Veemon kicked it aside into fog again.
 
“No.”
 
“Oops… how clumsy of me. Hmm, mm, mm!”
 
TK and Patatmon were backed into the wall again this time, they didn't know what to do.
 
“And now, Child of Hope… Patatmon… I think I have toyed with the two of you long enough.” Red-Ex-Veemon replied. “Now it's time that I ended this.”
 
He waved his hands across his neck causing a dark necklace to appear. “How do you like my new Pendant of Black Chaos? Well take a close look at it, because you'll never see it, or anything else ever again.”
 
“Ha, ha, ha, ah, ah, ah! Ah, Ha, Ha, Ha… AHH, HA, HA, HAAA!!”
 
Author's notes:
 
Don't worry, this isn't the end, so don't get all flaming on me.
 
Sorry I chased TK a lot, but you have to admit, I really put him in a sticky spot. It helped to add to the dramatics, suspense and plotting.
 
Remember, if I bash TK or the others, it's not because of cruelty and pleasure, like other authors… it's just to help with the plotting because nothing will do it.
 
That's all.