Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Paladin of Darkness ❯ Outsmarted ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TEN
 
Red-Ex-Veemon licked his claws ready to strike. “I have enjoyed this little interrogation so much, I'm almost sorry to see it end.” he sneered as he raised his claws up. “Ah, well… Ha, ha, ha! Goodbye!!”
 
TK and Patamon however had just thought of something to help stall him for a while. So, right as Red-Ex-Veemon struck his claws… the swiftly leapt out of the way. CLANG!! This caused Red-Ex-Veemon to miss and hit the floor.
 
“Huh?” Red-Ex-Veemon looked everywhere around the arena, but TK and Patamon had cleverly hidden themselves under the fog on the floor where he couldn't see them at all.
 
He knew he couldn't fan the fog with his wings, or that would just stir it up even more. So he decided to carry on the hard way, and randomly slashed his claws at the floor.
 
CLANG!! Miss.
 
CLANG!! He missed again.
 
CLANG!! He missed yet again.
 
“GRR! You are only prolonging the inevitable, Child of Hope! There is no escape for you or your little Digi-Rat!”
 
Meanwhile
 
The Scubamon were watching everything from the Dark Ocean. “Isn't it wonderful?” the ring-leader chuckled. “With the Child of Hope out of the way, it will make it all the more easier for us to conquer the Digital world.”
 
His friends all agreed, and they even had an idea of how to make it all work out. It time to call on the ocean's power to revive, and bring back an old friend, and give her more power than she ever could have dreamed of.
 
The Scubamon prepared another ceremony, and began their chanting. The waves of the ocean went wild as the dark spirits of all the un-revivable Digimon howled and moaned.
 
Finally, a huge bolt of lightning struck the ocean, causing a huge wave to shoot directly upwards, and when the waves has settled, there she was.
 
“Ahh… welcome back to the land of the living… Lady-Devimon.”
 
Lady-Devimon stretched out her long black wings. “I have never felt so much power before.” she sniggered. “You Scubamon shall be commended gratefully for your actions in reviving me.”
 
The Scubamon all sniggered wickedly, for they had just the thing she could do for them in mind, and in the meantime, it was time for a little changes of paces for TK's fate.
 
Meanwhile
 
Red-Ex-Veemon was still slashing his claws into the fog.
 
CLANG!! Miss.
 
CLANG!! Missed again.
 
“You're beginning to make me angry, you two!” he growled. “Come out and fight like men!”
 
CLANG!! Another miss. “Where are you?”
 
TK and Patamon stayed down low in the fog, but up until now, Red-Ex-Veemon was standing right over them. He readied his claws… CLANG!! TK and Patamon were able to wince over just enough for it to miss them.
 
“GRR! I'll find the both of you yet!”
 
TK and Patatmon still had no luck in finding where TK's D3 had landed in the fog, but they had another idea of how to outsmart Red-Ex-Veemon. They waited for it, and waited…
 
“GO!!” TK yelled.
 
“Huh?”
 
Patatmon dashed out of the fog right onto Red-Ex-Veemon's head… and sunk his teeth hard into his ear. “YEEAARRGGH!!”
 
Red-Ex-Veemon snarled and fussed about trying to shake the little rookie off of him. This gave TK the opportunity to leap out from the fog and stomp down hard on his tail!
 
“GAARRHH!!”
 
Patatmon and TK stood side by side. “So, Red-Ex-Veemon… how does it feel to be outsmarted by a human, and a Rookie-Level Digimon?” TK mocked.
 
Red-Ex-Veemon had finally lost all his patients. “WHIRLWIND-GUST!!” and he fanned his wings creating a blast of air that forced TK and Patamon back into he wall, hard!!
 
 
“Ow! That… really hurt!” cried Patamon.
 
Red-Ex-Veemon sniggered evilly. “Insolent creatures. No one makes a fool of Red-Ex-Veemon and gets away with it. NOBODY!!”
 
Meanwhile
 
Kari and Yolei went back to the real world on a request to pick up some computer wires and things for Izzy. Kari was also taking the time to go around to Davis' apartment to see if he was there, and indeed he was.
 
His arm looked a little sore though… almost as if he got beat up. Davis just told her that he got involved in a fight when he went home from school. “Mom hid my Digivice on me and won't let me go anywhere with this until I'm better.”
 
Kari fell for his bluff.
 
“I'm sorry to hear that.” she said. “By the way… you didn't happen to see TK, or Patamon at school anywhere did you?”
 
Davis shook his head. “No. Demi-Veemon and I were looking for him everywhere and they never came back.”
 
Gatomon looked around “Uh… where is Demi-Veemon anyway?” she asked. “Gatomon, never mind that.” Kari said. “We better get back. Yolei needs help at the store.”
 
Gatomon knew she was right, and so they headed for the door. “Get well soon Davis.” Kari said.
 
Davis smiled at her. “Sure thing.” but the moment she was gone, his smiled changed to a wicked grin, and the Scubamon began to talk to him through their telepathy.
 
“You have a great skill in deception, our Warrior. No then, we have a special assignment for you.”
 
Davis' injured arm healed through his powers, and he chuckled evilly. “Hmm, mm, mm… yes my people. As you command me.”
 
Meanwhile
 
Kari and Yolei went back to the Digital world with Izzy's new computer stuff. This gave all of Gennai's old computer s a much needed boost and would help to create a signal to find Gennai and bring him back.
 
The others also knew about Davis and why he couldn't make it. “Typical, Davis.” Yolei said. “Always trying to show off and be a big man.”
 
“Yolei… that wasn't nice.” snapped Kari. “I wouldn't be surprised if Davis got hurt even if he were here and heard you say that.”
 
“But Kari… he's not here.” said Ken, “And neither are TK or Patamon.”
 
“Don't worry… TK will be here soon.” Izzy said. “Thanks to the new computer ships I just installed, I've created a new type of instant transport.”
 
He explained to everyone that was like a Digital gate they could control at will, and with it, they could transport to the Digital-World, or the real world any place at any time.
 
“Izzy, that is utterly amazing.” Hawkmon said, “But how does it work?”
 
“Well that's the tricky bit.” Izzy replied. “In order for it work, the target has to be in possession of a Digivice. So until TK's holding his D3, we can't lock a fix on his or Patatmon anywhere.”
 
“We got to hurry now.” said Armadillamon. “For all we know those boys could be in real danger.”
 
Meanwhile
 
TK and Patatmon were once again at Red-Ex-Veemon's mercy.
 
“Heh, heh, heh… you are not begging me for mercy as you should be.” He mocked. “Of course you know I would never grant it!” He licked his claws that were shinning with sharp ends. “And now… the final ordeal!”
 
TK and Patamon sweat-dropped. This looked like the end for sure… but just as Red-Ex-Veemon was about to shred them up, the Paladin of Darkness appeared in a puff of black smoke.
 
“Partner, stop!”
 
Red-Ex-Veemon looked up, all confused. “What's going on. I thought the Scubamon wanted me to finish off these pests.” he snarled.
 
“There has been a change of plans.” replied the Paladin. “You are needed back at the ocean for details.” Then he cast his look down at TK and Patatmon. “They now want the pleasure to be mine, and have ordered me personally to see to their end.”
 
Red-Ex-Veemon growled in disappointment. “Very well.” he said. “But I have the feeling they shall regret their decision.” Then he vanished as was gone leaving TK and Patatmon to get to face the Paladin.
 
“So, Child of Hope, we meet again.” he said deeply. “I've been looking forward to this for a long time now.”
 
TK clenched his fists angrily. “You carry a Digivice. You have a Digimon partner, and yet your loyalty is with the Dark Ocean!” he sneered.
 
“Yes. I am the Scubamon's loyal and faithful fighter, and the Scubamon are my people.”
 
“Those Scubamon are Evil!” snapped Patamon.
 
“Yes… and so am I.” The Paladin replied. “And very soon, you and all your other friends shall be just a memory. Hmm, mm ,mm, ah, ah, ah!!”