Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Paladin of Darkness ❯ Lady Devimon is back ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER ELEVEN
 
It seemed that TK had no choice… he would have to fight back. At least this time it wasn't a Digimon he and Patamon were facing which meant he couldn't be a s strong.
 
TK swiftly raised his leg, and booted the Paladin hard in the chest. It didn't hurt him, but it did knock him off his feet.
 
“Way to go TK.” cried Patamon.
 
TK and the Paladin began to dog fight. TK did manage to land a few hits, but sadly, with all that special clothing he had on, The Paladin didn't really get hurt at all. “Hmm, mm, ah, ah. You seem to have a bit of fighting talent. I am impressed.”
 
TK caught his breath and wiped his brow. “Look… lets end this. There's no point in fighting you.” he said. “If you have a Digivice, then you're a Digi-Destined, which means you should be on our side, and not with the Dark Ocean.” added Patamon
 
Hmm, mm, mm… I have already dealt with Gennai. He is now just a memory.” said the Paladin. “Besides… why should I join with the likes of you? You've caused me nothing but trouble since the day I met you in the real world.”
 
“What?” TK said in confusion. “Wait a second… you mean we've met before?”
 
“Yes!” snapped The Paladin. “And ever since I have been waiting for this day, the day when I would finally get my revenge for everything you've done to me. Child of Hope… NOW YOU DIE!!”
 
Their battle reengaged, and both TK and Patamon were thrown hard on the floor, hard. However, “TK, look.” cried Patamon. There was TK's D3, sitting right by his hand. “All right!”
 
TK reached over and grabbed it, but before he could bring it towards him. “Ha, ha, ah, ah… Oh, no you don't. and The Paladin pressed his foot hard on TK's arm, pinning him to the ground. “Hmm, mm, ah, ah, ah! HA, HA, HA, AH, AH, AH!!”
 
Meanwhile...
 
The main computers were finally working. Which meant that the others could begin searching Cyber-Space for Gennai, and also, “Hey, I got a lock on TK.” said Yolei.
 
The others all ran over towards her. “Great work, Yolei.” said Izzy. “I start the warping process at once, but it's going to take a few moments for him and Patatmon to get here.”
 
“Hurry, Izzy.” cried Kari. “Got to get him back here.”
 
Back in the dark world
 
“Hmm, mm, ah, ah, ah! It is finally over… I have won.” The Paladin laughed as he drew out a strange looking blade for a sheath on his belt. “What do think of my Sword, eh? Hmm, mm, ah, ah, ah!
 
TK and Patamon could see their lives flashing before their eyes as the Paladin raised his sword ready to impale it into TK's chest. “Hmm, mm, mm… oh I should have done this a long time ago… and now IT IS OVER!!”
 
He slammed his blade down hard, but suddenly, TK and Patamon vanished in a flash of light, causing The Paladin to miss.
 
CLANG!! He hit the floor.
 
Huh? What-- he looked all around, but TK and Patamon were gone. “No! It cannot be! I had them where I wanted them!”
 
Meanwhile
 
“Prodigious! It's working.” cried Izzy. “They're on their way now.” and in that same flash of light, TK and Patamon appeared right there in the room with them.
 
“TK!” cried Kari.
 
“Patamon!” cried Gatomon.
 
TK and Patamon were panting stressfully. “You guys, that was way to close.” TK said. “The Paladin of Darkness nearly cut us in half.”
 
“The Paladin of Darkness?” asked Hawkmon. “Where exactly have you two been?”
 
“We'll tell you everything, but you're not going to believe what happened to us.” Said Patamon.
 
Meanwhile
 
The Paladin was outraged that TK had escaped when he was so close to finally being rid of him forever, but he wasn't as mad as the Scubamon were as they spoke to him by telepathy.
 
“We are very displeased, Paladin.” growled the ring leader. “You had them at your mercy and you let them get away!”
 
“They were transported out, my people.” The Paladin said in defense.
 
“Still… you had more than enough time to finish them off.” snapped the ring-leader. “We trusted you, and yet it seems we really should have left Red-Ex-Veemon to do the job.”
 
The Paladin was not going to tolerate for this humiliation. “I have failed you this time, but give me another chance, and I will destroy them and the others.”
 
All the Scubamon thought it over. “You may still get your chance to prove yourself, but for now as punishment you shall remain where you are.”
 
The growled under his breath. “TK, you will pay yet! So long as I exist, I will defeat you!”
 
Meanwhile
 
TK and Patamon told everyone that the incident started at school after they finished speaking to Davis.
 
“Wait, you were at school?” Kari asked. “I went to see Davis earlier, and he said you were never there.”
 
TK raised an eyebrow. “That's weird.” he said. “But then all of a sudden, we were in this dark place with Red-Ex-Veemon, and he had my D3, so Patamon couldn't Digivolve”
 
Patamon nodded in agreement. “And then… the Paladin of Darkness came along, and we almost had had it.”
 
“Well did you guys find anything out about him?” asked Cody.
 
TK looked up. “He said that… he and I have actually met before, in the real world, and that I've been causing him trouble since day one, and he wants revenge.”
 
This was really something. The more they could find out about the Paladin of Darkness, the more they'd be able to find out who he really was, but so far all they knew was…
 
-He was a Digi Destined.
-He vowed vengeance on TK the most.
-And he was one mean and powerful fighter.
 
Somehow, they would get to the bottom of the mess, but in the mean time they had to continue trying to get Gennai back.
 
Suddenly, the alarm went off. “Trouble!” cried Izzy. “Look at the screen.”
 
The other got up, and when they saw who was attacking the Digital-World, “No, not her again!” said Kari.
 
Gatomon hissed angrily. “Lady Devimon! I thought we saw the last of her.”
 
“Well, it looks like she's been brought back.” TK said. “And I'm betting it's the Dark Ocean that did this.”
 
“We have to go and stop her.” cried Patamon. “Who knows what's she's up to.”
 
Everyone agreed. Kari even sent Tai and the others an alert Email to meet them at the correct location. “Right… Let's go!” The Digimon all Digivolved to their strongest forums, all they all headed off.