Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Paladin of Darkness ❯ Almost doesn't count ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
 
Izzy was still hard at work scanning all of cyberspace for Gennai. Suddenly, “Iz-zy… co… in… Iz-zy.”
 
“I think I got him.” Izzy cried.
 
Tentomon began buzzing with excitement. “Gennai… are you there?” he asked at the static screen. The signal was still far too faint to make out.
 
“Iz-zy… you… must be… are… of… pala… of… ness.”
 
Gennai was trying to tell them something about the Paladin of Darkness, but Izzy wasn't able to make it out. “Oh, no! I'm losing the signal! I'm losing the signal!” he cried. Then Gennai's voice completely faded out.
 
“Awe! I had him, but I didn't know how to keep him.” replied Izzy.
 
“Keep trying… you nearly had him.” said Tentomon.
 
Meanwhile
 
The Scubamon were observing Izzy's actions. They couldn't allow him to locate Gennai. “If he manages to get Gennai back here, everything will be ruined.”
 
“Not to worry.” the ring leader said. “I was well prepared for this anticipation, and already have determined what shall be done. In the meantime we must continue to focus on eliminating the Digi Destined.”
 
While it was true Shadow-Ophanimon was stronger now, she was still greatly outnumbered, but the ring leading Scubamon had an idea.
 
“The time has come…” he sniggered. “With the Digi Destined distracted, and the Digital world shaken up from all the damage done; we shall open portals and flood the Dark Ocean into the Digital world.”
 
“Skies will darken. The air shall be shrouded in fog, and the waters will soon flood enough of the terrains to give our people a good home, by destroying the worlds of the other inhabitances.”
 
“As for the Digi Destined… their Digivices will not be able to function in the darkness, and with their Digivices out of action, their Digimon will not be able to Digivolve.”
 
“Victory is in our grasp!”
 
All the Scubamon shared a good maniacal laugh, and when it came time for them to check up on the Paladin of Darkness, who had been training and practicing his skills in the dark arena…
 
“Yes…! I am ready for battle now. I am ready to destroy the Digi Destined, FOREVER!! Hmm, mm, mm, ah, ah, ah!”
 
Meanwhile
 
Shadow-Ophanimon leapt into action, charging like a bull with her staff poised out in front. “Look out!” cried Mimi, and the Digimon leapt out of the way just in time.
 
“Dodge all you want, impudent fools. You cannot avoid me forever!” Shadow-Ophanimon sneered.
 
“She's right… we'll have to attack her.” said Zudmon. “We won't win just by defending, and running.”
 
“Right… but remember, she's a whole lot stronger now.” said Shakkoumon.
 
“Don't have to tell me twice.” added Silphymon.
 
The battle was on…
 
Zudomon went up first with his huge hammer pounding away, yet Shadow-Ophanimon simply raised her shield and bounced back every single blow. Then, finally… POW!! Right in the gut.
 
“Zudomon!” cried Joe.
 
“It's okay… I'll be fine.” cried Zudomon as he clutched his sore gut. “Ugh… I hope.”
 
“Let's get her!” cried Garudamon.
 
“I'm right with you.” added Lilymon.
 
The two Ultimates began flying rings around Shadow-Ophanimon. “Hey! Hey, stop that!” she growled. “You're making me dizzy.”
 
“WING-BLADE!!”
 
“FLOWER-CANNON!!”
 
The two shots collided into her, resulting in a huge explosion. “Did we get her?” asked Garudamon, but suddenly she got her answer as Shadow-Ophanimon emerged from the dust…
 
ZAP!!
 
POW!!”
 
“I guess… we didn't!” cried Lilymon.
 
“Ha, ha, ha… Take that, Digi-Dorks! WAAH!!” Suddenly, Wargreymon came from out of nowhere and gave her a huge SOCK on the cheek. “Ow! My beautiful face!” she whined. “How could you?!”
 
“Never mind that!” Wargreymon sneered. “You want pick on little people?”
 
“Well then pick on us!” added Metalgarurumon.
 
“With pleasure!” growled Ophinamon.
 
Meanwhile
 
Izzy was getting closer and closer to getting Gennai out of the vortex. “Hang on, Gennai, we're almost there.” he cried.
 
“Iz-zy… ke… trying.” Gennai said through all the static.
 
“Tentomon, quick…” replied Izzy. “Get back around to the power-cables, and see if you can send more electricity into them. We need all the power we can get.”
 
“Right here goes.” Tentomon said as he went back, behind the consoles, and grabbed hold of the wires. “SUPER-SHOCKER!” and gave the wires a much needed boost of electrical energy.
 
“Yes… it's working!” cried Izzy. “Just keep it coming.”
 
Suddenly, the Paladin of Darkness appeared in a puff of black smoke, and Izzy was far too distracted to see him. “Iz-zy… be… hind… Watch… ut!” Gennai tried to warn him, but it was too late.
 
SMASH!! The Paladin slammed a glass bottle hard on Izzy's scalp, knocking him out colder than a frozen-flounder. “Light out, smart stuff. Hmm, mm, ah, ah, ah! HMM, MM, AH, AH, AH!!”
 
He dragged Izzy out of the way, and then focuses on Gennai's static-screen. “No way you're ever coming back here.” he sneered. “I'm going to make sure you're out of the way for good this time, Gennai!”
 
“Iz-zy!” Gennai called through the static. “You… must… get up!”
 
“Ha, ha! Fat chance of that happening!” replied the Paladin. “I am running things here now. the Paladin of Darkness, and the Dark Oceans' finest warrior.”
 
The static became a little clearer, and so did Gennai's voice. “I… warn you!” he snarled “You will never win following the path of evil.”
 
The Paladin simply chuckled. “Hmm, mm, ah, ah! You are wrong. The Dark Ocean will conquer everything, and evil will rule all.
 
He began to fiddle with the controls instead of smashing them. “Ever since I first came to the Digital world, I have been faced with the gravest of challenges, and never once got commended for my efforts!” he growled.
 
“Well that's what you get for being a hero. You gain nothing! Risking your own life to save the lives of many has brought only misery, and hatred. Well finally my time has come, and no one is going to mess it up for me now!”
 
Gennai's computer screen suddenly began to fade again, and this time it was really blacking out. “What… is this?” he called.
 
“What it is, indeed.” replied the Paladin. “I'm about to open up the gateways of cyberspace and send you to another dimensions. Then I'll seal the gate and you'll be lost… forever!”
 
CLICK!!
 
“Davis… wait!” cried Gennai. “NOOO!!” The screen had finally blacked out.
 
“Hmm, mm, mm, ah, ah, ah!”