Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Paladin of Darkness ❯ The Darkness is coming ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
 
The screen may have been blacked out, but Gennai had not yet been completely sealed away yet. “Paladin… you will never get away with this!” his faint voice called.
 
“Oh, yeah… well guess what! I already have.” said the Paladin. “Now, I just have to seal the gateway, and you'll be gone.” he gazed down at Izzy's unconscious body, “Even your little friend here won't save you now.”
 
As he began to fiddle with the controls, Tentomon fluttered up from behind the console. “Maybe not, but I can.” he sneered.
 
“What?!”
 
“SUPER SHOCKER!!”
 
“AAARRRGGGH!!” The Paladin got hit, and was thrown back hard into the wall, and as he struggled to his feet, Tentomon, remembering what Izzy showed him he began to activate a special new system. “Computer, activate energy force-field around the intruder!”
 
Suddenly, the Paladin was enclosed in a tight tube of electrical energy. He couldn't move, he couldn't attack, and he couldn't warp out on his own either. “GRR, No! this is impossible.” he growled angrily. “You're going to pay for this, you overgrown parasite!”
 
Suddenly, Izzy was starting to wake up. “Ow! What hit me?”
 
“Izzy… are you all right?” Tentomon asked.
 
“Izzy… Tentomon… the gird is failing!” Gennai called to them. Izzy snapped wide awake. “Oh, man! Gennai… Gennai hang on!” he cried.
 
“Hmm, mm, mm, ah, ah, ah! It's no use, fool. Gennai is gone forever now. Try as you may, you can never retrieve him now. Heh, heh, heh, ah, ah, ah!”
 
Meanwhile
 
The others were still having quite the field-day with Shadow-Ophanimon. By this point, she, Wargreymon, and Metalgarurumon were all looking tired, but still fighting on like no tomorrow.
 
“ICE WOLF-SPIKE!!”
 
Metalgarurmon fired his ice-missles, but Shadow-Ophanimon whirled her staff around like a helicopter blade, negating the shots. “Two can play at this game you know. DEFIROT CRYSTALS!!” and she bombarded Metalgarurumon with her own explosives.
 
“Metealgarurumon!” cried Wargreymon. “GRR! Okay, you asked for it! TERRA FORCE!!”
 
KAPOW!! Major damage was done, but Shadow-Ophanimon seemed more angry than tired out, and she charged forward to engage in another dragon rush. Their fists and feet went all over.
 
ZAP!!
 
POW!!
 
BOOT!!
 
CONK!!
 
“Give it to her, Wargreymon! Let her have it!” Tai called out.
 
Shadow-Ophanimon slashed her staff and put a pretty mean crack in Wargreymon's armor, but he simply kept on charging forward and… BAM!! Right in the face again.
 
Meanwhile
 
“Shadow-Ophanimon will not lasht much longer at thish rate.” said Veemon. “Permit me to join her, and together we shall win.”
 
The ring leader of the Scubamon agreed. “Granted, and while you battle, we shall begin our flooding of the Digital world.” he said. “Go now.”
 
Veemon nodded, and even though he was separated from Davis, never underestimate the powers of the Dark Ocean. His body began to glow… with his Pendant of Black Chaos…
 
“VEEEMON, Warp-Digivolve too; RED-EX-VEEMON!!
 
He popped up in the Digital world, and that's when the dark waters and fog began to spread from his entry point. “Hmm, mm, mm… perfect.” he sniggered sinisterly. “Those fools are as good as finished. Eh, ha, ha, ah, ah, ah!”
 
Meanwhile
 
Izzy and Tentomon tried everything, but Gennai couldn't be reached. Was he really gone? “No, he can't be gone!” cried Tentomon. “Izzy, you have to do something.”
 
“I'm trying, don't rush me!” snapped Izzy.
 
The Paladin, though he was still trapped in the shield, he was rather enjoying this. “Aww… what's the matter smarts stuffs. Can't you do anything right?” he mocked. “Let me out of here, and I'll do the same for you both. Hmm, mm, mm, ah, ah, ah!”
 
Finally, Izzy and Tentomon had lost all patients. “Paladin of Darkness! You are truly evil!” Tentomon snapped. “And now you have officially gone too far.”
 
“I agree. This has gone far enough.” Izzy said as he got out his laptop. “Activating Bio-scan.” His Laptop was going to run a scan over the Paladin's DNA, and Digital-code. “It's time to find out who's behind that mask.”
 
Meanwhile
 
Shadow-Ophanimon, Wargreymon, and Metalgarurumon were panting stressfully. It had been a long and fierce battle. “This is getting us nowhere.” snapped Wargreymon. “Why don't you just make easier on yourself and surrender.”
 
“Never!” growled Shadow-Ophanimon. “I will never back down… UNTIL ALL OF YOU ARE DESTROYED!!”
 
Everyone shared a sneering growl, and then suddenly the sky grew all dark. “Huh? What's going on?” asked Sora.
 
Ken, and Kari suddenly felt bad shivers trailing up their backs. “No, I-I-it can't be” cried Ken.
 
“No, please no!” cried Kari.
 
TK and Yolei realized what was happening at once. “This… this fog.” TK said. “I've seen it somewhere before. It's the Dark Ocean.” added Yolei.
 
“That is correct!” called a voice.
 
Everyone looked up. “It's Red-Ex-Veemon!” cried Cody.
 
“Heh, heh, heh… correct again.” replied Red-Ex-Veemon. “The time has finally arrived. Even as we speak, the Dark Waters and Fog are gradually spreading their ways across this world, turning everything it touches into a dark nightmare.”
 
 
All across the Digital world, things were changing rapidly. The green grassy fields were turning dark and dying. Spooky Digimon ghosts were roaming about and theorizing anyone that crossed their paths. The sky was getting to be as dark as night, and filled with storms.
 
 
“You, twisted monster!!” growled TK. “You won't get away with this! We'll find a way to beat you yet.”
 
Red-Ex-Veemon smirked. “Perhaps, but from the looks of your Digivices, that threat seems very well empty to me.”
 
“Our Digivices?” Joe asked. Everyone pulled them out, and realized. “Whoa! What's happening?” cried Mimi.
 
“The power cells are going down.” added Kari.
 
“No, It's he darkness.” Cried Ken. “It's blocking the light from the power cells, and draining the energies.”
 
“Right, again.” said Red-Ex-Veemon, “And while your Digivices are blocked out in the dark blanket you will all be rendered powerless. Very soon, your Digimon won't be able to Digivolve, nor will you be able to escape either.”
 
“It's all over for you Digi Destined. We have won! Ha, Ha, Ha, Ah, Ah, Ah!! AAH, HA, HA, HA, HA!!”