Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Paladin of Darkness ❯ Is it really all over? ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
 
The more the darkness came in, the more power the Digivices lost. The power levels were already down twenty-five percent, and still decreasing. “Tai… he's right, I can feel my power slowly deteriorating.” said Wargreymon.
 
“Ugh! Me too.” added Metalgarurumon. The other Digimon were growing weak as well, soon they wouldn't be able to hold up their current forms at all. “You can still fight back.” said Tai, “Just give it everything you got.”
 
“They're right you know.” said Shakkoumon. “We can still win this.”
 
“I'm with you all the way.” added Silphymon. The two DNA Digimon joined the tow mega levels. “Let's do this!
 
Red-Ex-Veemon leapt down from the top of the building to join Shadow-Ophanimon. “Here… let me heal you.” He said as she used his pendant to restore her energy.
 
“Whoa! He's healing her.” cried Joe.
 
“But, that's not fair to us.” Mimi Sneered.
 
Shadow-Ophanimon got back to her feet, with her body now fresh. “Ahh… I feel wonderful.” she said. “Now, back to action we go.”
 
Red-Ex-Veemon nodded. “You take out the Ultimate… the two Megas are mine.” he said. They called “BREAK!!” and the fight continued.
 
“Come and get some!” growled Metalgarurumon.
 
“Don't mind if I do, really!” Red-Ex-Veemon chuckled, and he leapt right in the middle of him and Wargreymon, and began battling them both at the same time.
 
Two against one, and Red-Ex-Veemon seemed to have the upper hand over an unfair advantage. His power wasn't decreasing from the darkness, and even so, the other two were still tired from fighting Shadow-Ophanimon for so long.
 
Red-Ex-Veemon didn't even have to use his special attacks, and just used simple punch, and kick attacks. Even a tail swipe here and there.
 
BASH!!
 
BOOM!!
 
DOUBLE-PLAY!!
 
The two Mega levels fell off their feet, but Red-Ex-Veemon still showed no mercy. “Get up!” he sneered at them and rammed huge kicks into their bodies. “Get up, I say… or are you finally admitting defeat. Heh, heh, heh…”
 
The two Digimon struggled to their feet, looking badly bruised. “We haven't… even begun to fight!” growled Metalgarurumon.
 
“We'll take you down, or die trying.” added Wargreymon. So they continued their fight. While the others were having their share of battle with Shadow-Ophanimon.
 
The evil Mega was charging towards the two with her staff poised out like a knight in a jousting competition. “Ready or not, here I come!!” she screeched.
 
“JUSTICE BEAM!!”
 
“STATIC FORCE!!”
 
Shadow-Ophanimon simply deflected the blasts without even raising her shield, and kept right on running towards them. “Hmm, mm, mm… you've had you're shot, now it's my turn!” she growled. “NOW FEEL MY LANCE! AAAAAAH…”
 
CRASH!! Shakkoumon and Silphymon went flying in different directions.
 
“Whoa!”
 
“Oww!”
 
They tried to rush her in a fist fight, but Two against one didn't help them one little bit, as her Mega form was starting to prove too much for them to handle.
 
“Man! This is just nuts!” cried Cody. “They're tearing through our Digimon like they're made of paper.”
 
Stingmon was growing impatient. “I'm not just going to sit around here. I have to help them!” he tried to rush into battle, but Zudomon held him back. “No, don't go out there.” he cried.
 
“Let go of me Zudomon, I have to help them.”
 
“No, Stingmon!” cried Garudamon. “If you go out there, you'll be destroyed for sure.”
 
Stingmon realized they were right. At his current status he wouldn't stand a chance. “Oh! Where's Ex-Veemon when I need him?!” he asked impatiently.
 
“Man, I wish I knew.” Ken said “What's happened to Davis? We could really use his help about now.”
 
Everyone checked their Digivices, and the power levels were already up to fifty percent down, and the Digimon were growing even weaker. “What are we going to do?” cried Mimi.
 
“There's nothing we can do.” cried Joe. “We don't have enough power to spare.”
 
“Spare?” Tai said to himself then something clicked into his head. “Spare! That's it!” he cried for joy. “Guys, how much power does everyone have.”
 
Everyone, though confused, checked their Digivices, and all of them still had around forty percent power left. “All right… don't argue, just do as I say.” replied Tai. “Transfer all the power you can spare to me and Matt.”
 
Everyone, even Matt looked confused. “What are you getting at, Tai?” Kari asked.
 
“Yeah, if we give away anymore our powers, then our Digimon will De-Digivolve for sure.” added TK.
 
Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon were still laying flat on the ground, along with Silphymon, and Shakkoumon.
 
“JUST DO IT!!”
 
Tai screamed. Everyone winced, but they decided what else did they have to lose. They all gathered in a circle around Tai and Matt.
 
“Tai, what are you up to?” asked Matt.
 
“Just trust me.” said Tai. He and Matt held their Digivices up high, “Hurry guys, do it!”
 
Everyone stuck out their Digivices, and aimed them towards the two in the center. Their Digivices began to glow as their Digimon began to De-Digivlove…
 
“Huh?” cried Poromon.
 
“What just happened?” added Tokomon.
 
“I don't know.” cried Upamon. “But I can tell you what's going to be happening!” He gestured at Shadow-Ophanimon racing towards them with her staff poised right at them screeching out. “TIME TO DIE!!!”
 
“AAH!! She's going to cut us into mice sized pieces!” cried Gatomon.
 
Red-Ex-Veemon was standing directly on top of both Wargreymon and Metalgarurumon, and applying painful pressure onto them. “So, do you surrender yet?” he asked the defenseless Digimon.
 
The others had given Tai and Matt almost all the energy they had left. They kept enough to at least be able to get home in case the plan didn't work. “Okay Matt, NOW!!” cried Tai as he fired a beam of light from his Digivice towards Wargreymon.
 
“Right!” Matt added as he fired towards Metalgarurumon.
 
The to Mega levels could feel their powers and strength returning to them, and in a swift rage they shot up right sending Red-Ex-Veemon up into the air and crashing down hard.
 
Metalgarurumon then ran over and saved the smaller Digimon before Shadow-Ophanimon ended their suffering. “You guys, okay?” he asked.
 
The others were speechless. Metalgarurumon looked ready to cave in a few seconds ago and now he and Wargreymon were up and about. Tai's plan was working. Though they were still losing power, they still had a much needed recharge and could even things up now.
 
“You all stay here.” Wargreymon said. “We'll handle these two monsters.”
 
Red-Ex-Veemon, and Shadow-Ophanimon were not impressed. There were not about to let these fools get away with anything. So… the battle was still on.