Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Paladin of Darkness ❯ Knights of the Digi-world ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER-EIGHTEEN
 
Izzy was working his fingers to the bone trying to keep his grip on Gennai. “Almost there! Come on, come on!” he cried.
 
“Izzy!” called a voice. Then the computer screen began to glow, and Gennai repapered in a tube of light. “Well done, Izzy. You've released me from my prison.”
 
“Gennai!” Tentomon cried with tears in his eyes. “It's you! It's really you!”
 
Gennai smiled. “Yes, Tentomon. Now, there is no time to explain.” he handed Izzy a small sack that was jingling. “You must take these and go to the other's aid. We must stop the Scubamon before they darken everything.”
 
“But we can't.” Tentomon replied. “We've tried everything, but we can beat Shadow-Ophanimon.”
 
Izzy nodded. “And worse than that, Davis and Red-Ex-Veemon are still on the loose. We don't know how to help them.”
 
Gennai however did know what to do. “By destroying the Sword of Darkness, and the Pendant of Black Chaos, the spell will be broken, and they will be free form the Scubamon's power.”
 
Meanwhile
 
Still, in Izzy's apartment, the others could all see what was going on. The Paladin, Red-Ex-Veemon, and Shadow-Ophanimon were fighting everyone in the city. They weren't really doing any damage… but they were raging mad.
 
“Digi Destined!!” growled Red-Ex-Veemon. “Come out, and face us!!”
 
The others didn't know what to do. True they had to save Davis and Red-Ex-Veemon, but from all their previous battles the chances were they'd get beat-up again.
 
“We have to do something.” Tai said. “Those could start ripping the city to shreds at any minute.”
 
“I'm with you Tai.” said Agumon. “Besides, we learned from happened last time, and we won't that mistake again.”
 
Agumon was right too. The Dark Ocean hadn't covered the world yet. This meant they'd be allowed to Digiviolve without too much trouble this time.
 
Everyone was getting ready to leave, when suddenly Izzy appeared and Tentomon appeared. “We did it, guys. Gennai's back.” he said.
 
The others were wonderful to hear that, but they were wondering what Izzy had in that small sack he was carrying. “Gennai told us to use these to help save Davis, and beat the Scubamon.” Izzy said.
 
“Well lets get going then.” Tai said.
 
“It's time to Digivolve.”
 
Everyone nodded, and they all rushed out then triggered their Digivices to begin the Digivolution.
 
“Wormon… Digivolve too; STINGMON!!”
 
“Hawkmon… Digivolve too; AQUILAMON!!”
 
“Armadillamon… Digivolve too; ANKYLOMON!!”
 
“Gatomon… Digivolve too; ANGEWOMON!!
 
Patamon Warp-Digivolve too; MAGNA-ANGEMON!!”
 
“Gommaon… Warp-Digivolve too; ZUDOMON!!”
 
“Palemon… Warp-Digivolve too; LILYMON!!”
 
“Biyomon… Warp-Digivolve too; GARUDAMON!!”
 
TentomonWarp- Digivolve too; MEGA-KABUTERIMON!!”
 
Gabbumon Warp-Digivolve too; METAL-GARURUMON!!”
 
Agumon… Warp-Digivolve tool WARGREYMON!!”
 
 
The citizens were practically stampeding out from the city like a pack of wild elephants to get away from the three evil ones.
 
“Where are those meddlesome misfits?!” growled Shadow-Ophanimon. “I don't want to have to start wrecking the city and tiring my javelin out.”
 
“Well then this is your lucky day.” called a voice from behind. They turned around and saw Tai riding on the back of Wargreymon. “Or should I saw your unlucky day.”
 
“There they are!” the Paladin sneered as he hopped onto to Red-Ex-Veemon's back.. “Let's get them.”
 
Tai and Wargreymon flew off leading the dark ones out of the city, and into an old abandoned quarry. There all the others and their Digimon came out from numerous hiding places.
 
“Davis stop!” cried Kari. “You don't know what you're doing!”
 
Davis hopped down from Red-Ex-Veemon and up onto the higher ledges. “I know perfectly well what I'm doing. I am destroying you all.” he growled in his monotone voice. “There is no other way.”
 
Red-Ex-Veemon joined him up at the top. “Go get them Shadow-Ophanimon.”
 
Shadow-Ohpanimon nodded…
 
“Red-Ex-Veemon… please you have to fight the spell.” cried Angewomon.
 
“Silence!” snapped Shadow-Ophanimon. “Your fight is with me now! I'm really going enjoy taking you out especially, Angewomon.”
 
The other poised themselves ready for battle. “Stay focused you guys.” TK said. “We got to save Davis, and Red-Ex-Veemon.”
 
“You'll do no such thing.” called a dark voice. The others looked all around them and saw Scubamon appearing everywhere in great numbers. “Guys… we're in big trouble.”
 
“You will never reach out to him or your other friend again.” the Ring leader called “This will be the last you ever see of them. They are ours and ours alone… forever!”
 
The battle seemed to be outnumbered again. “Eleven against twenty. This ought to be interesting.” the ring leader replied.
 
“Yeah, it should…” Tai called out to them. “Especially seeing as how those odds are about to change.”
 
“What?!”
 
“You heard me.” Tai replied. “We're not going to be beaten by you guys this time… and here's why…” One-by-one the others all held out their hands revealing small glowing orbs each with their own respective crests, and symbols.
 
Cody, and Yolei were a mixture of two each.
 
The Scubamon's dark-eyes lit up. “Th-- those orbs. No! It cannot be.”
 
Izzy had just enough time to do a little research on the orbs Gennai had collected while he was away in another dimension. These were the Digi-Armor-Orbs: Special powers infused with the crests, and when used, the Digi destined would unlock a hidden power and become “Knights of the Digi-world.
 
“Everybody ready?!” Tai called.
 
“READY!!” everyone cried.
 
The orbs all began to glow brighter than before and then… when lights had faded. “Whoa!”
“Check it out!”
 
They all were wearing multi colored armor-suits each with the own respective crests and symbols; Battle-helmets, Chest plates, shoulder-pads, gauntlets, leggings, boots. They even had wings they could use to fly with, and various weapons they could use in battle.
 
“AAH!! This… this cannot be!” cried the Ring leader.
 
“I… I don't believe it.” added Davis.
 
Tai stepped forward and withdrew his sword. “Guardians of Gateways. Defenders of Decency. We are…!!”
 
“KNIGHTS OF THE DIGI-WORLD!!”
 
One-by-one they all withdrew their weapons and shouted out their crests.
 
Tai: “Courage!”
 
Matt: “Friendship!”
 
Sora, Mimi, and Yolei: “Love, and Sincerity.”
 
Izzy, Joe, and Cody: “Knowledge, and Reliability.”
 
TK: “Hope!”
 
Kari: “Light!”
 
Ken: “Kindness!”
 
(What do you think, eh? Is this something or what?)
 
These armored suits would now allow them to battle Digimon, just like Davis could in his Paladin outfit. Now that the odds was evened out a bit.
 
“This is it. The Final battle.” TK said. It was going to be all, or nothing now.