Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Tales of Four Demons ❯ Can friendship mean more... ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Tales of Four Demons

Chapter 12: Can friendship mean more...

By KellyQ

Takuya never felt so embarrassed in his life as he scarfed down his half of the rice ball. He glanced over his shoulder at Kouji, who looked just as flushed. I can't believe I did that, Takuya thought scowling at himself-not even realizing that Kouji caught the brunette's expression and glared. The dark haired boy glared long enough for Takuya to notice it.

"Oh. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to almost kiss you-I-"

"Then why were you scowling at me if you're apologizing to me?"

"I wasn't scowling at you! I was scowling at myself, not you." All Kouji did was 'hmph' as he turned his head causing Takuya to feel sort of guilty. "Aww. Come Kouji. Don't be mad." Seeing that Kouji wasn't listening, Takuya started to feel a little hurt and frustrated. "I said I was sorry. What more do you want?"

Kouji sighed. He did wish that Takuya would stop so that he wouldn't feel bad himself. "Okay. You can." The brunette blinked several times. Did Kouji say that he was allowing him to kiss? "Well?" The dark haired boy said, looking directly at the brunette to see just how red in the face that he looked.

"Well...I...uh...never kissed anyone before or been kissed..." Takuya stuttered. It was true. He never kissed anyone in a romantic way; even though his parents would sometimes kiss him-but that didn't count.

Kouichi watched with amusement. Takuya seemed to like his brother in a respectful and loving way that no one had ever done before-except for Izumi. Kouichi understood that his brother closed himself up, so not to be hurt again. Now that Takuya has come into their life-a very kind and upbeat person, Kouji might have a chance to feel and be loved again.

Kouji was the first to lean closer and gave Takuya a quick peck on the cheek, and pulled away. At first the brunette was disappointed and his expression changed to a pout. "Aww. That's it?" He teased. Kouji's expression changed back and he crossed his arms. "What where you expecting-being kissed on the lips or something?"

There you go again; making Kouji mad, Takuya thought. I was just playing around. Maybe I should just leave him alone. With that last thought Takuya got up and walked to the other end of the cave, his back turned and lied down. Kouji opened eye to see what had happen. This caused him to frown. Usually, most people would say that he's being mean and would run away sobbing. Did he really hurt Takuya's feelings, or did the brunette excepting not to be kissed on the lips?

Takuya stared at the wall. In some ways, he really wanted to go home. He was starting to become cold and tired. So he closed his eyes and allowed his mind to drift. It wasn't to long before he woke up to the sound of a scream. Once he was fully awake, the scream was a shout of Kouji crying out 'Takuya' in his sleep.

Kouichi heard it too and was by his brothers side in moments. Takuya was at Kouji's side as well. "Wake up!"

The dark haired boy did open his eyes, but they were the shade of white-and Kouji's expression showed a lot of sadness and anger. He sat up muttering words that where hard to make out.

Not again, Kouichi thought.

This was the second time that his emotions and powers had surfaced before he was fully awake. "Brother, wake up!" Kouichi shouted. Takuya looked at the two with confusion and fear. "Kouichi, what's wrong with Kouji?"

"He needs to wake up!"

"Yea. But how?"

"Talk to him! Tell him that you're right here..."

Takuya blinked in confusion. Talk to Kouji? Okay.here goes nothing.

"Uh...Kouji...I'm right here. Sitting next to you-" This was to weird for Takuya. He had never talked to someone who seemed to be looking off into space.

"Takuya. Try it again..."

"Why? What's really going on?"

Kouichi bit softly on his lower lip. How was he going to tell Takuya about his brothers dream. "I...he...he told me that you where killed-" Takuya's eyes widened. "That's why he was always trying to keep you away from him." Kouichi explained.

Now Takuya understood. Everything made since to him now. With a quick nod, Takuya looked back at Kouji. "I'm here Kouji. I'm right here beside you." The dark haired boy expression slowly started to change. "Ta-Takuy-a?" The brunette nodded his head. "Yea. I'm right here. I'm not really dead. What's going on is that your dreaming.none of it is really real." This caused Kouji to frown. None of it was real? The pain he was feeling was just an illusion?

"I'm...I'm so confused."

"I know you are...but all you have to do is wake up and you'll find out the truth!"

"I...I...I don't know if I can...and I'm really cold!"

Takuya immediately pulled kouji close, noticing that the dark haired boy was trembling and rocked him back and forth. "Shh. I'm not going anywhere-not if you want to be with me."

Kouji tightened his grip around Takuya. The brunette looked down at Kouji to see tears coming down his face. There's got to be a way that I can reach Kouji! Then idea came to him. It was a daring move, but It might help ease the pain. He leaned in and kissed Kouji. Kouichi watched closely at what was happening and smiled inwardly. Takuya was trying really hard to reach his brother.

It took a moment for Kouji to figure out was really going on. When he did, a feeling of love was present as he felt lips on his. The kiss felt that he was wanted and loved; like when Izumi had used to kiss him. Takuya also felt that it was right.

They finally broke the kiss; looking at each other. "Are you okay?" Was the first thing Takuya asked. To his surprise, Kouji wrapped his arms around the brunette, and nuzzled his face into his shoulder. Takuya also wrapped his arms around Kouji. "I'm not going to leave you, Kouji. We're in this together."

Kouji nodded his head, and lifted his head to look at Takuya. "Thanks."

The brunette smiled and rested his forehead on Kouji's own. "Sure. What are friends for?"

To Be Continued ...