Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Tales of Four Demons ❯ Turning Enemies into friends ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Tales of Four Demons

Chapter 11: Turning Enemies into friends

By KellyQ
 
Takato bit softly on his lower lip. He knew that Taichi was just going to send him home as well as the angel-with the possibility of the flower. Taichi opened his mouth to speak, when another figure landed-that happened to be Kenta; holding a flower.
 
"I'm assuming that this is what your looking for?"

Lee blinked for a moment, as the flower was shoved into his hand. Takato watched the two leave with an uneasy feeling in his heart.
 
"Sorry." Lee said snapping Takato out of his thoughts, "I'll make sure this never happens again."
 
"No. I'm the one who should say that. I try so hard not to let my anger take control-"
 
"It's okay. I-"
 
Takato was about to counter back when he noticed that Taichi was having a  hard time staying awake-or so it seemed. "Tai, are you all right?"
 
The elder brunette shook his head, trying to clear his vision that was  really starting to get blurry. "My eyes were just bothering me for a  moment-but I'm all right. You better get going uh-"
 
"It's Lee and thanks for all of your help." The angel said rising into the air. He turned and flew a little higher in the air when Takato's voice called out.

"Wait! Can you meet me in three days by the river, and tell me if she's  okay?"
 
"...Sure." Lee responded nodding his head.


 As soon as Hikari heard the door knob turn, she rushed to great her brother whom was accompanied by two guards.

"Brother! What's happened?"

"We're not sure." One guard said walking passed.

"Thanks for bringing him home," Hikari said taking his brother's hand and pulling him in, "I'll make sure he gets plenty of rest. Thank you." She closed the door and turned to face her brother and lead him to the couch. "Taichi, you need to stop. One of these days-they'll find out your going blind-and worse..."
 
"You worry to much sis," Tai smiled getting to his feet, "now how about I make us something to eat?"
 
Hikari followed her brother into the kitchen. "I'm just worried that's all." She announced. "And what about Yamato-does he know?"

Taichi closed his eyes, looking as though he was trying to fight the courage to tell his sister his secret. "No one must ever know-"

 "But-"

"No." Taichi said firmly as he turned to face his sister. "I don't want people to know! That will put to many things in jeopardy."

"Then, can I at least help? I do feel sort of left out." Hikari admitted. Not that she didn't think that Taichi needed to be looked after-but, she didn't want the war to go on any further either.


 Takato found his friends arguing. At first, he didn't know what they where arguing about until he heard the word 'angel'. Once he got closer, he could see that Kenta was putting gauze Hirokazu's injured parts of his body. "I can't believe you did that, Kenta!"
 
"Hold still will ya?" the dark haired boy said, "I can't put the bandage on you if you keep moving!"

Kenta was not in the mood to hear his koi's wining at the moment. "Kenta, are you even listening to me?"

"What's going on?" Takato asked walking up.  

The two looked at their friend whom sighed. "Look. I'm sorry that I got mad. I just didn't appreciate being called a traitor."

"Hirokazu and I talked about that-right?" Kenta warned. Once the spiky haired boy didn't respond he tightened the cloth.

"Okay I wont called you any names again."  

"We're still friends aren't we?"

"Of course we are you dope." Kenta teased, as he gave his friend a goofy grin.


Ryo was starting to worry and Suzi was starting to become recluse. She would bounce her stuffed rabbit here and there as she walked from one room to the other. Ryo tried to play with her, but she refused to saying that she wanted play with Lee.
 
The blue eyed boy sighed-feeling sort of lost. He did care for Suzi, but she seamed not to really like him. He watched as Suzi sat her self on the couch and rested her head on the rabbits head. She sat there for a moment until a familiar feeling came over her. Suzi slipped off the couch, letting the rabbit fall to the floor as she ran to the door.

 Ryo had never seen her act like this before. He followed her to the door just as it opened and there stood Lee.


Yamato looked out the window, seeing that it was starting to rain. Something was nagging at the back of his mind-like something bad had just happened.

"Brother?" Came Takeru's voice that caused his older brother to jump and turn. "Oh. Sorry that I scared you-but are you alright? You've been staring out the window for quite some time now.is something supposed to happen?"
 
Yamato shook his head at his brother, and sat next him. "More like a feeling."

 "I'm sure our friends are fine." Takeru said with a smile.
 
"Thanks for understanding...."  

"If they are my brothers friends-then they are my friends too."  Takeru thought.


 "It looks like we're going to be stuck in the cave for awhile." Kouichi said, walking into the cavern with a slight wet hand.
 
Kouji grumbled. Not that he didn't mind being stuck in the cave.but, he was cold and his stomach had started to rumble. Takuya and Kouichi looked at him when they heard it.
 
"I may have something..." Takuya remarked hearing Kouji's tummy growling. He pulled a small cloth out of his pocket that was held together by a rubber band. He untied it and it came undone to reveal two rice balls. "Go ahead. Have them."
 
The two brothers took them. Kouichi was about to take a bite when he just noticed that Takuya just allowed him and his brother to eat them. "What about you?"  He asked.
 
"Don't worry about me," the brunette paused then, when his stomach started growl.
 
Kouji rolled his eyes broke his rice ball in half giving the bigger half to the brunette. Takuya reached for the half of the rice ball-his finger tips brushing lightly along Kouji's palm causing the dark haired boy to blush. It was then, for a brief moment that their eyes locked again.
 
So much emotion was drawn out at that moment as they looked at each other.Takuya leaned closer and Kouji did too. They were just few inches away from kissing when a sound of a drop of water was heard. The two looked wide-eyed for a moment, realizing how close they were. Then, both of them moved a few inches away from one another, as Takuya took his half the rice ball looking really embarrassed.
 
To Be Continued ...