Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Tales of Four Demons ❯ Darkness VS Light ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Tails of Four Demons Chapter Ten: Darkness VS Light By Kellyq  

"Takato...."

This was bad; really bad. How where they going to help Takato if he wasn't really there? There was one way Lee could help-though it meant to get physical with someone he hardly knew. Lee flew up, and tackled Takato down to the ground by force. Taichi walked up as Hirokazu stumbled out of the smoke.

"All right," Taichi spoke up, "what's going on and who are you?"

The eldest brunette paused when he saw the way that Lee and Takato were looking at each other.


Kouji found Takuya at the mouth of the cave muttering to himself. "I don't understand. What have I done wrong? Am I really that annoying?"

"No. You're not," Kouji sighed and walked up, "I just have issues to work out."

"We all do, but thanks for not hating me."

By now they were both looking at each other. "Sorry I gave you that impression. I just haven't been the same since Izumi was taken away from me. Ever since then...I convinced myself not to love again."

Takuya watched Kouji fight back the tears; but they came anyway. The brunette put his hand on his cheek and for one moment their eyes lock. A smile slowly formed on Takuya's face as he wiped the tears from Kouji's eyes.

"I can see why Izumi liked you," the demon prince said softly, "you're kind, caring and-"

Takuya just shrugged running out of things to say. He moved his hand away and walked back inside the cave leaving Kouji standing there. The angel prince put his hand on his cheek. It still felt warm, and the feeling of Takuya's hand was still there. Kouji's eyes slowly changing with a look of kindness in them, thinking of how warm and gentle Takuya's touch had been.

"Kouji! Are you coming in?" The brunette asked, snapping the angel prince out of his thoughts.


Takato blinked a few times-his memories slowly coming back to him. Lee slowly got off him and helped him to stand. The look on Takato's face showed nothing but grief and sorrow. He knew better than let his anger take control. He knew that his anger would hurt someone like it did in the past and the last thing he wanted to do; was to make the same mistake again.

"Alright. What's going on?"

Daisuke moved out of the way as another arrow came toward him. "I don't understand why you won't hear me out?"

"Be silent!" Miyako demanded pointing an arrow at the demon, "I will not let you brain wash Ken!"

Daisuke's eyes widened some what. Angels really think that we're that low? I'd never do that, he thought and Ken watched Daisuke's expression change; looking a little hurt and shocked. This got Ken to think for a moment. He knew that Miyako would kill this demon no matter what-and making her see reason would be a waste of time. There was only one other option-let the demon go.

"Miyako, let the demon go."

Miyako flinched as she looked down at her koi wide-eyed. Let the enemy go? Had Ken lost it? "Let him go?" Miyako went to Ken seeing that he was about to faint. The dark haired boy glanced at Daisuke-giving him the look to leave.


"Now. Will some tell me what's going on?" Taichi asked for the forth time.

He looked at all three of them-waiting for an answer. Lee finally got the courage to speak. "My mother is really ill and she has only two more days-"

"And this is the reason why you guys were fighting?" Taichi inquired again.

"Don't tell me that you're falling for such a story?" Hirokazu whined.

"So, you're saying that your mother is ill, and that we have something you want." Taichi pointed out ignoring Hirokazu's whining.

"Yes." Lee answered sounding hopeful that he might save his mother in time.

"I need a pink plant that has blue fluid inside."


The two were about to walk into the cave when voices came from the distance. Takuya took hold of the angel and ran back into the cavern. Kouichi had already put the ball of energy out. Now all three of them were sitting side by side; their backs pressed against the wall. They remained still as stream of lights could be seen down the hallway.

"I don't think they're in there."

"We have to keep looking. King and queen Kanbara will not be happy if we don't find prince Takuya. Prince Shinya sure was a cry baby..."

The guards voices faded away. The three remained silent for a little more, until they thought it was safe to create a another ball of energy to see.

"We know that your brother and his friend are safe."

"Yea but he took the punishment," Takuya said lowering his head and he paused, "I'll just go home and forget about everything."

The demon prince got to his feet and started to walk toward the tunnel when he felt a hand on his shoulder as he was turned around. The first thing he saw was Kouji's serious expression.

"How can you say that? What type of fate will this world have if we just forget everything," Kouji said and his voice dropped to a whisper, "and forget about each other?"

Takuya looked a bit shocked at what Kouji said. A smile slowly showed on Takuya's face. "You-you think we can be friends?"

Kouji blinked a few times and then smiled too. "Friends?...uh...sure. We can do that. You're not as bad as you seem."

"Thanks. You're not bad your self."

To Be Continued ...

No Sneak Peek this time.