Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Tales of Four Demons ❯ A Demons True Nature ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Tail of for Demons

Chapter Nine: A Demons True Nature

By Kellyq

 

Something in Takato snapped. How could his own friend call him that? He was just trying to help. The one thing that he was not going to let Hirokazu get away with is calling him a traitor. Lee could see that Takato's expression changed to pure anger.

"Is that what I am to you? A traitor?"

"Don't worry, Takato. I'll free you from that 'thing'!"

Hirokazu was about to charge at Lee whom was ready to fight but was stopped when Takato stepped in front of him ready to fight. His claws and fangs showing, while his hair frizzed up.

"You step on near Lee I'll tear you apart." Takato warned.

The other brunette backed away. Great. How was he going to save his former friend from the enemy. Takato stepped toward his friend ready to fight; feeling something come over him. Without realizing it, Takato was the first to strike. Hirokazu backed away seeing that his former friend was not himself.

"Takato snap out of it!"

Hirokazu rose in the air seeing that Takato went after him. Lee watched with a worried look. It didn't take a genus to figure out that something had snapped in Takato; causing him to lose control of himself.


Taichi straightened up feeling as though something in him was stirring. Like one of his friends needed help. Feeling Taichi's sudden movement, Yamato sat up and yawned.

"What's wrong?"

"I-I don't know how to explain it, but I feel that somethings not right. Like something as taken hold of Takato-"

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive," Taichi said as they both crawled out from underneath the bolder, "now. I want you to get home and stay there until this whole mess is cleared."

"But-"

"Don't worry," the brunette said taking his koi's hand, "when things settle down, we'll think of a better way to handle this."

With that said, Taichi kissed his koi on his forehead before letting go his his hands and turned to fly off. "Be careful love." Yamato whispered.


Ken was about to open his mouth when something wizzed by his head. The dark haired boy turned his head and looked down to see that it was an arrow. He looked to see that was his friend Miyako.

"Ken, get away! I'll handle this 'thing'!"

Daisuke groaned as he hung his head. "Why does everyone think that?"

Miyako was quick with the arrow as she pulled it out and loaded onto the bow, then released it. The bow meant to hit Disuke's arm but he rose into the air as the arrow hit the ground.

"Look miss. I wasn't going to hurt your friend here. I was trying to befriend him. Is that a crime?"


"You-you think so?" Kouji asked looking quite shocked.

"I wouldn't have said it if I didn't mean it." Takuya remarked.

Kouichi smiled inwardly seeing that his brothers expressions and behavior was really starting to change. "I'm sure that Takuya just want's to be a friend."

Both boys looked at Kouichi for a moment. This got Takuya to put his finger to his chin, looking as though he was thinking really hard. "Hmmm. Kouji and Takuya as friends. Yea know, I like the sound of that." By know a playful glint was shown in the brunette's eyes.

"Well. I don't need friends," Kouji remarked with his nose in the air again and eyes closed, "all they do is laugh, make fun of you and don't care how you feel."

Kouichi sighed and shook his head. "Come on brother. Give Takuya a chance. He's not some of the people at home-"

"That's beside the point-he's still the enemy."

This caused Kouichi's eyes to widen as movement caught the corner of his eye. He turned to see Takuya rise to his feet, his face dark. "I'm glad to know what you think of me." He said as he turned and walked to the tunnel.


"Brother, I don't really think that was fair that you did that to Takuya..."

Kouichi paused to see that his brother was all ready looking at the ground. "I know. It just comes out of me-"

"I know you where hurt when Izumi was killed and all the people you went out in the past just liked you for your looks but I have a feeling that Takuya want's to be your friend," Kouichi explained as his voice dropped to a whisper and scooted closer to Kouji, "and besides, didn't you tell me that you have feelings for him?"

Kouji sighed. "I guess I can go find him and apologize for being a jerk."

Kouichi beamed at this. He pulled away and helped his brother to his feet; walked right behind and pushed Kouji forward. "And don't forget to kiss him too." Kouichi teased.


"Takato, I'm not the enemy," Hirokazu said backing away pointing a accusing finger at Lee, "he is!"

Lee tensed up showing nothing but hate and pain in his eyes. Takato let out an angry cry as he tired to strike Hirokazu with his claws again. Seeing that he missed; Takato moved so that he was behind his former friend ready to strike. He rose his hand when movement caught his eye. Takato turned his head to see that it was Taichi. The young brunette snarled as the two had a staring contest.

"You both need to chill out!" Taichi said blasting a wave of energy at the two.

The force was so much that it sent the two boys to the ground really hard; creating dust and dirt chunks to fly all over the place. Lee shield himself while Taichi stood there ignoring what came toward him. A loud shrike came from the smoke as Takato emerged from smoke.

Lee gasped in horror to see nothing but pure red eyes that held nothing.

To Be Continued...


Chapter Ten sneak Peek.

Chapter Ten: Darkness VS Light

Kouji found Takuya at the mouth of the cave muttering to himself. "I don't understand. What have I done wrong? Am I really that annoying?"

"No. Your not," Kouji sighed and walked up, "I just have issues to work out."

"We all do, but thanks for not hating me."

By know they where both looking at each other. "Sorry I gave you that impression. I just haven't been the same since Izumi was taken away from me. Ever since then...I convinced myself not to love again."

Takuya watched Kouji fight back the tears; but they came. The brunette put his hand on his cheek and for one moment their eyes lock.

Hope you like the sneak peek.