Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Tales of Four Demons ❯ Faith VS Betrayal ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Tails of Four Demons

Chapter Eight: Faith VS Betrayal

By Kellyq

Driven by some impulse, Takato stepped in front of Lee. He knew that he didn't have too but something told him too. Hirokazu came up with confusion written all over his face.

"Takato, what's up?"

Lee stepped to Takato's side ready to explain. "My mother is really-"

"What's going on here? Have you lost it or something?" Hirokazu asked Takato.

"Lee, needs a flower to help save his sick mother." Takato explained.

He must be under the angels spell, Hirokazu thought, and the only way is to get rid of that angel is kill it. With that last thought Hirokazu lunged for Lee. The dark haired boy moved out of the way very quickly. Hirokazu landed on his chest really hard; knocking the wind out of him for a second as he body shook.

"I wish not to fight you," Lee said, "but I must warn you-"

"Wait," Takato said panicking as he stepped in front of the two, "there's got to be a way to get what you need without fighting."


The three came to a cavern that was quite big and clean.

"We could stay here until it's clear to come out." Kouichi suggested.

Kouji and Takuya nodded their heads.

The brunette sat himself down. "So," he started, "you two are twin brothers I take it."

"We were born five minutes apart," Kouichi said sitting across from Takuya, "our real mother died just after Kouji was born."

"Oh. I'm sorry that happened." Takuya remarked looking at Kouji.

The longer haired twin just sat himself down in another part of the cave. He tried very hard to stay awake but couldn't. Takuya couldn't help but watch Kouji as he laid down on his side using his upper arm as a pillow. This behavior caused Takuya to frown. Why didn't Kouji take his hair out of the pony-tail? Most people he knew; took their hair down, when they went to sleep.

"Isn't Kouji going to take his hair down?" Takuya whispered.

This got Kouichi to think. Not very many people got to see Kouji with his hair down-not even he-Kouichi didn't get to see his own brother with his hair down very often. I just didn't say that, Takuya thought. Why was he thinking of seeing Kouji with his hair down all of a sudden? He quickly looked at Kouichi, to see that he was lost in thought.

Kouji opened one eye to see the two looking at his direction. He looked at the two for a moment wondering why they where even looking at him. Kouji looked at his brother for a moment as realization sank in.

"I'm not doing it!"

"Oh come on," Kouichi said, "beside you know what's going to happen if you don't-"

"I'm still not doing it!" Kouji argued back.

He was not going to do it-knowing what Takuya might think after he let his hair down.

"Oh, come on brother. There's no one here but me and Takuya-"

"I'm still not doing it!" Kouji repeated, turned his head with his nose slightly in the air; his eyes closed.

He was not going to embarrass himself, and being called a girl for having long hair.


Hirokazu and Lee glared at each other; both in fighting stances. Takato looked worriedly at the two; knowing that this Lee person might very well take Hirokazu down-he could fight-but he wouldn't last long.

"Come on," Takato panicked, "Why not figure out a way that'll work so that we're not going to fight?"

"It's your fault for bring him here-traitor."

Something inside Takato snapped. How could his own friend call him that? He was just trying to help. The one thing that he was not going to let Hirokazu get away with, was calling him a traitor.


A playful smirk formed on Takuya's face as he plotted the whole thing out of how he was going to get Kouji to let his hair down. He must be really hot with his hair down, Takuya thought.  Here goes nothing.

"That's too bad," the brunette said and shrugged, "just don't complain to us when your hair turns out to look like a rat nest by morning."

That was not really what he had wanted to say; but it was going to have to do. Kouichi looked at Takuya for a moment to see that the brunette was looking at his brother softly instead of dreamily. That's what really caused Kouichi to twitch slightly. Some of the girls would do that when they were around Kouji-not thinking of Kouji's true feelings. So why was this different? What made Takuya different than any other? Now that he thought about it; not once did he twitch when the two where around each other. It was like he could trust Takuya to be around his brother.

"What are you implying," Kouji barked snapping Kouichi out of his thoughts, "that my hair is to long?"

Takuya flinched; taken back by the remark. Now he felt bad for pushing the matter further. He didn't mean to press it further.

"Sorry. I just wanted to see what you looked like with your hair down." Takuya spoke in a soft voice and looked down, moving his finger in the circle on the ground.

Kouji groaned. Feeling bad too. "All right. I'll do it. Just don't laugh okay?"

Takuya looked at the dark haired boy; puzzled. Kouji reached with one hand to the side of his head, so that all his hair was on his shoulder and pulled the rubber band down his hair. Using one hand, he flicked it back. Takuya watched in awe. He's more hot with his hair down then with it tied back, the brunette thought. Kouji's anger started to grow.

"Well? Are you going to laugh and think I'm girlie?!"

Takuya smiled and shook his head. "Not really. I think having your hair down, makes you look ho-attractive."

I can't believe I almost told him he looked hot, Takuya thought. He really wanted to mentally slap himself for almost saying something. Kouichi chuckled inwardly at the interaction between the two.

"He's right, and he's not even laughing at you."

"You-you really think so?"


Daisuke looked a little hurt.

"Why would you think that of me, when I haven't done anything to you?"

Ken was about to open his mouth when something whizzed by his head. The dark haired boy turned his head and looked down to see that it was an arrow.

To Be Continued...

 


A Chapter Nine Sneak Peek

Chapter Nine: A Demons True Nature

Takato stepped toward his friend ready to fight; feeling something come over him. Without realizing it, Takato was the first to strike. Hirokazu backed away seeing that his former friend was not himself.

"Takato snap out of it!"

Hirokazu rose in the air seeing that Takato went after him. Lee watched with a worried look. It didn't take a genus to figure out that something had snapped in Takato; causing him to lose control of himself.

Well that's the sneak peek of chapter nine, hope you R&R