Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Tales of Four Demons ❯ Separation: Part Two ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 

The Tail of Four Demons

Chapter Seven: Separation
 Part Two

By KellyQ

 Daisuke had to stop. His lungs felt like they where burning. Stopping for a moment, he leaned against a tree. He closed his eyes, until he felt that he wasn't alone. Something sharp was pressed against the side of his head. Daisuke opened his eyes to see from the corner of his eye and saw that it  was an Angel pointing an arrow to his head. Daisuke couldn't quite tell if this angel was male or female. The angel had shoulder length dark blue hair, slanted blue eyes, and a thin body.
 
"Where's the prince?"

 "I don't know." Daisuke said.

The brunette suddenly knew what gender the angel was: male.  And, he had to admit that this angel had a real nice soft voice. The arrow pressed against Daisuke's head harder, causing the brunette to wince inwardly. Sweat came down the young angels face. Why wasn't this demon doing anything? Was he trying to avoid getting hurt? With a sigh, the angel lowered the arrow  allowing Daisuke to turn toward the intruder.
 
The red haired brunette extended his hand toward the other boy. "I'm  Daisuke."

The angel looked suspiciously at the hand then back at the demon. "Sorry,  but I don't shake hands with the enemy."

Daisuke looked a little hurt. "Why would you think that of me, when I haven't done anything to you?"
 


Tomoki's whimpering really started to annoy Kouji; causing his left eye to  twitch slightly. He was about to say something, when they all noticed that it was Kouichi who came running up.

"You guys can relax now, it's just me."

"Good. Tomoki's whimpering was really starting to get to me."

 A slashing sound came from behind. Kouji turned to see Takuya's little brother showing his claws, fangs, and his hair seamed to frizz up slightly  showing a lot of anger. They all rose a brow, but Tomoki-who looked a little worried that his friend would fight.

"Tomoki was just scared! You want to make something of it?"

 "Shinya," Takuya warned, "calm down. We all know that Tomoki was scared-"

The brunette paused as he bent down and turned the small boy so that they where facing each other. "You'll try and be a brave boy, right?"

Tomoki nodded his head. "I'll try."

"At a boy." Takuya beamed as he ruffled the little boy's hair as he got to his feet.

"I hate to interrupt, but we have to get out of the open like this. Your father, Takuya, has sent some guards to look for you." Kouichi explained.

Tomoki thought for a moment then a idea came to mind. He and Shinya could lead some of his fathers guards off the wrong track and maybe sent home-he was after all, hungry and cold.  
"I have an idea. Shinya and I can lead your father's guards off the wrong  trail..."

 "Are you sure?"

"Let them do it," Kouji spoke up, "that way...we don't have to worry about them...they might get sent home as well."

 Takuya blinked as the dark haired boy stuttered while he spoke; and then he slowly smiled.  


  Yamato and his koi came to rest under a big bolder. It was all ready dark  and the temperature had dropped somewhat. The two wrapped their arms around  each other to keep warm. Yamato rested his head on his koi shoulder and closed his eyes.
"Tired?" Taichi murmured in the blondes ear.
 
"Just a little. And I'm worried about the others..."
 
The brunette smiled down at his koi. "I wouldn't worry about them."

 "No. That's not it. I'm worried about Kouji and...what was his name again? Oh yea. Takuya."
 
Yamato was now resting his head on Taichi's lap. The brunette looked down at  his koi-even though they couldn't see every well; Taichi smiled softly.
 
"They'll be okay," he stated running his hand through his koi hair, "don't  forget; we were once like that."

Yamato was all ready asleep when Taichi said that, and the brunette bent down and kissed his angel goodnight.  


 The three came to what looked like a cave that seemed to be created by three huge boulders and earth. The three walked in; having no choice but to hold  hands. At first, Kouji refused saying that he could do it alone but his brother talked some sense into him. So here they were walking in the dark, holding hands with Takuya in the middle of the twins. After a few moments, Kouichi noticed that he was starting to drag the demon.
 
"Takuya, are you okay?" Kouichi asked.
 
"My feet are starting to hurt."
 
"Why don't you sit down so I can see your feet." Kouji said.
 
"Uh...okay."

Takuya sat down to the side as Kouji created a ball of light in his hand. It floated overhead, as the brunette took his foot out of his shoe. Kouji bent down and started to rub Takuya's foot. Kouichi smiled inwardly at the sight-he had to admit that his brother and this Takuya person where kind of cute together.

"Wow," Takuya sighed with a slight soft expression on his face, "your hands must be like magic-I'm feeling better all ready."
 
Kouji tried very hard to fight the blush that was slowly growing on his cheeks. "Don't get the wrong idea. I'm just helping you."
 
"I know that and I appreciate it, even though I know you'd rather not."
 
That caught Kouji by surprise as he looked up at Takuya whom had his eyes closed enjoying the foot rub. Kouji couldn't help but smile; you just have to be cute just like in my dream, he thought as his expression slowly changed to a soft one.  


"Your kind took my brother away-"
 
"I'm sorry that-"
 
The angel by know was glowing; pointing his arrow at Daisuke. The young brunette could see that the angel had great pain in his eyes. He knew how this angel felt, his father died leaving a crushed mother and two sad kids.
 
"I know how you feel. My father was taken too but violence doesn't solve anything." Daisuke paused as his expression changed slightly to innocent, "I learned that the hard way."
 
The angel blinked a few times. Was this demon trying to confuse him? Or was this demon acting like himself. He had to admit that the demon was kind of cute; just standing there and looking innocent.
 
Yes. Daisuke stood there feeling calm without realizing it. Just looking at the angel in front of him made him feel calm. This must be how Taichi felt when he first met Yamato.
 


Takuya got up and started to walk, realizing that he didn't feel any pain. He turned, and gave Kouji the thumbs up. "Thanks. It really helped a lot!"
 
Again Kouji tried to fight the blush that showed on his cheeks. "Like I said 'don't get the wrong idea' okay?"

"Okay," Takuya said offensively, looking slightly hurt.  "I was just trying  to express my thanks..."
 
Now Kouji felt sort of bad offending the demon prince. Kouichi sighed, knowing that his brother was going to have to learn not to push people away.

To Be Continued....