Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Truth Comes Out ❯ The Truth Comes Out Part I ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Truth Comes Out

By: ForeverDestiny

Disclaimer: Me no own Digimon! Don't sue, please!

A/N: Contains Takari

TK: Yay!

Kari: Yay!

Davis: Boo!

ForeverDestiny: I hate Davis so you better be quiet if you know what's good for you.

Davis: -_-

Contains Taiora

Tai: Yay!

Sora: Yay!

Matt: Boo!

ForeverDestiny: Shut up, Matt!

Contains Jyoumi

Joe: Yay!

Mimi: Yay!

Matt: Boo!

ForeverDestiny: Come on, Mimato is a load of crap!

Contains Miyako

Yolei: Hey! That's not a couple!

ForeverDestiny: I know, fooled you! Hehehe!

Digidestined: * Give ForeverDestiny a weird look *

ForeverDestiny: I control this fic so you better be nice to me!

Digidestined: * nod *

ForeverDestiny: Good. Ready for some fun? Hehehe.

Kari +TK: Um, FD, could we get on with this?

Wizardmon: Yes, FD. Please continue.

Everyone except Yolei, Davis, Cody, +Ken: WIZARDMON?!?

Wizardmon: * sweat drop * Long story.

FD: Um, okay. On with the story!

The Truth Comes Out Part I~

It was Friday evening and everything seemed, well, boring. It had been a long day and school had been even worse. I had taken three tests and all of them were in hard subjects. I was just a little stressed, to tell the truth. I was also home alone until Tai got back (my parents wouldn't be home until Monday because they were on a vacation). I wanted to do something fun and I got the perfect idea. I grabbed the phone and started to dial Sora's number. She picked up a second later.

"Hello? This is Sora speaking." I smiled at the voice that came from the other end of the line.

"Hello, Sora? This is Kari. Hey. Mimi's staying with you, isn't she?" There was an affirmative `hmm' from the other end of the phone. "Well, I'm kinda stressed and tired and I was wondering, would you guys like to come over for a sleepover tonight?" A few seconds later I got my response.

"Of course. What time do we come over?"

@@@@@@@@@@@

After calling Yolei, I went to make sure that I had all the things I would need. You know, the basics: pop, chips, salsa, candy, chocolate. Tai walked in, saw me, and came to see what I was up to. It didn't take him long.

"So, a sleepover? And all the girl digidestined? Sounds like fun for you but what about me?" It was true, I hadn't thought about that. Poor Tai, stuck alone with all the girl digidestined for one full night. So I said what any self-respecting girl my age that had a crush on my brother's best friend's younger brother would say.

"Why don't you invite some guy digidestined over? You know, Matt, Izzy, Joe, Ken, …and TK. All your friends." He smirked at me.

"Ah, I see. A clever ruse to get me to invite TK and not Davis, is it? Well, little sister, I accept. By the way, is Sora coming?" After assuring him that Sora was coming, I smiled while making my way to my room. TK was spending the night at MY house! I couldn't wait. Then I heard a yell coming from the kitchen.

"HEY KARI!!" I turned around. "Just to let you know, we're meeting at Matt's place but we'll be over here at about…um… nine-ish." I sighed.

"Gotcha, Tai." I walked to my room. Oh well, he was still staying the night.

@@@@@@@@@@@

At seven, Tai made his grand exit to Matt's house. Pretty soon, Yolei, Sora, and Mimi got there. I smiled at them.

"Ready for some fun?"

"Always!" They yelled as I led them to my room. They put their stuff down and I got some things to eat. Pretty soon we were sitting on the floor, eating chips and candy. It was then that Mimi brought something up.

"Hey guys! I got a great idea! You see, before we got sucked into the digital world, Sora and I were friends at camp. Well, we were bored one day and we made up this game." Sora groaned.

"Mimi, please, no." Mimi just grinned and continued with her explanation.

"It's called Truth/Dare. See, we say something like `If blank then you have to blank.' It's really fun!" Yolei jumped in as soon as she finished.

"Let's play! Let's play! Let's play!" I groaned, just imagining what they'd make me do but eventually, I caved. Sora looked at our little circle, thinking. Finally she paused on Yolei.

"Yolei, if you like Ken, jump around the apartment yelling `I love Ken!' five times." I started snickering. Yolei, red faced and probably regretting wanting to play this game, jumped around the apartment, proclaiming her love for all to hear. Then it was her turn. She immediately looked to Sora.

"Sora, if you love Tai, then…. um…Kari, help me!" I smirked and leaned over and whispered to her. She smiled. "If you love Tai, then when the guys get here, you have to tell him." Sora became even redder than Yolei but agreed to do it. Then she turned to me, smiling evilly.

"Kari, if you love TK, when the guys get here, not only do you have to tell him, you have to kiss him, on the lips." I must have been ten times redder than they were but I agreed to do it, although I had no idea how I would. So, I turned on Mimi, positive I could make her have the worst deal.

"Mimi, if you love Matt, you have to kiss him without telling him that you love him." Mimi didn't go red at all but just smiled.

"Um, Mimi, aren't you embarrassed?" Sora asked. Yet again, Mimi just smiled condescendingly.

"Of course not. Why should I? I don't like Matt." Needless to say, we were all shocked. I'm sure down the street, maybe even at Matt's place, you could hear our chorus of `WHAT?' She smiled. "Why does everyone assume I do? Have I shown that I do in any way?"

"Well, no, now that I think about it. I guess we just thought you liked each other and let our imaginations carry us away. (FD: Sound familiar, Mimato fans?) We're sorry, Mimi." She nodded.

"You should be." I guess she was kinda happy but soon something hit us. Who did she like? The torrent of questions came. She blushed and then my mind snapped, remembering a time long ago, before I knew about love, indeed, just a short while after I met TK, when girl all in pink was protected, much like TK protected me, by a boy with blue hair and glasses. I knew then whom she liked. I smiled at her and wondered why Sora hadn't figured it out. Yolei obviously wouldn't, she wasn't there, but Sora was. I finally I said it.

"I know who you like." She looked at me and by the way I sneered at her, she must have realized that, indeed, I did. She mouthed, `don't tell, Kari. Please?' but I knew it was my duty, no, obligation to tell. The words just came out. "You like Joe." There were gasps coming from Yolei and Sora but Sora then smiled.

"Oh, I remember now. After we defeated Puppetmon, right?" I nodded. Yolei still looked confused so I explained how Mimi wanted not to fight and how Joe stayed back to protect her. Finally Yolei understood. Mimi's head hung, defeated. We snickered. "The doctor and the model, hmm?" I asked. I was rewarded by a `Shut up, Kari!' Of course, after that, we made her do what Sora and I had to do for that dare. Yolei still didn't have to but we were sure she'd cave and do it too. We couldn't think of anything else to dare after that, so we just talked about our crushes for the next hour or so.

@@@@@@@@@@@

Meanwhile, at Matt's Place

Matt hadn't known of Kari's request that Davis stay out of this and he was invited too but, luckily for Tai (who would get killed by his sister if he came home with Davis), he could only stay for the first half hour or so. For the first ten minutes or so after everyone got there, all they did was talk about sports. They stopped when they noticed that Cody, Joe, and Izzy were getting kinda bored. Unfortunately for most, the talk started to turn towards which of the girl digidestined they liked.

Tai looked down and muttered something about not wanting to talk about it, which was the same reaction that this talk had gotten from Joe. Matt smirked at them and announced boldly that not only did he like Sora, he also liked Mimi. That got him death glares from Joe and Tai, who also muttered something along the lines of `you better leave Kari out of this'. Davis went into his spiel about how Kari loved him, and they would get married one day and blah, blah, blah. TK turned red in the face and just smiled which was the same as Ken. Izzy and Cody shrugged and told the group that they didn't like any one of the girls. This got surprised glances from the group but it didn't seem all that weird, coming from Izzy and Cody.

Pretty soon, Davis said it was time for him to go, that his family had some get together thing with his father's company's new clients. After Davis left, Matt went to the kitchen and realized that they were out of chips. Chips being one of the main staples of a party, he was about to make TK run out and get some. Then he saw how TK was laughing and joking with Joe and Ken, he decided to get them himself.

"Hey, guys! We're outta chips so I'm heading down to grab a bag!" He noticed TK about to protest but just slipped out the door before he could say anything. As soon as Matt was gone, talk exploded. Tai and Joe yelled about Matt being sooooooo bold with his crushes and then blushed as they realized that the other just said the same thing. They glanced at each other and put their heads down. The rest laughed. Izzy decided to get down to business.

"Well guys, let's just have it." The others looked at him, confused. Izzy looked at him sternly. "If we're ever going to get through this, we have to know who likes who. We obviously already know whom Matt and Davis like. Let's get it out of the rest of you." The rest sighed but they all sat down. "Well? Who's going first?" They all were quiet.

"Yolei" a small voice said. They weren't surprised when they saw that it was Ken. They all already knew that Ken liked Yolei. Izzy smiled. "Who's next?"

"Sora" a stronger voice said. Once again they weren't surprised when they saw that it was Tai. They also already knew that Tai liked Sora. Izzy's voice once again rang through the quiet room. "Next?"

"I'll go next." It was TK, his usual calm demeanor shining through. "I like-" He was cut off by everyone else saying `Kari'. That was as plain as the nose on their faces. Kari and TK had been `meant to be' since they were eight. The only ones that failed to notice were TK, Kari, and Davis. "Is it really that obvious?" He sounded kinda sad. "YES," was the reply.

"Is that everyone?" Izzy asked. "Um, no." They were all surprised when they heard that voice. "Joe? You-You like s-s-someone?" "Yes, Tai. Is it really that surprising?" You could tell he was a little annoyed. "Well, yes." Joe sighed. Izzy spoke up. "Well, who is it?" "Do I have to, Izzy?" "Everyone else did." "Alright. I like……I like………….I like…………oh, dash it all! I like Mimi!" There was quite a loud gasp, then hysterical laughing. "Oh, it's not that funny!" Tai was tearing up. "You're right, Joe. It's not that funny, it's freakin' hilarious!" A bit mad, Joe moved a bit farther from the group, while the rest of tried to gather their wits. When Izzy finally composed himself, he spoke.

"Well, it's obvious what you do now. You tell them."

"What?!?!?! How could we? There's no way!" was pretty much the reply from the rest. After a long argument, they finally agreed. The door swung open and a triumphant Matt, chips in hand, looked around and said, through gales of laughter, "What'd I miss?"

To Be Continued

TK: What? TBC? FB, what's up? We all know that you write one-shots! Oh, and we still want to know about Wizardmon too!

Kari: Yeah FB, fess up!

Rest of Digidestined: Yeah! Yeah!

FB: All right, all right! It's TBC because I like cliffhangers! The rest will be up later. Plus I just like writing sleep over fics! Wizardmon is *drum roll * my muse.

Wizardmon: * mumbles * How did I get that job?

FB: What was that?

Wizardmon: Nothing, nothing

FB: Good! I'll start work on Part II soon. It should only be two parts.

Davis: Good

FB: What was that, Davis?

Davis: Good. I'm only in it a little bit and I'm really annoying in it!

Kari: Davis, you're really annoying all the time.

Davis: * sweat drop *

FB: Don't worry, Davie! You just don't fit in this fic. You'll be in others. * Fingers crossed behind back *

Davis: All right.

FB: Oh, and Joe's `dash it all' is my trademark saying so DON'T STEAL IT! So if everyone's happy?

Digidestined + Wizardmon: * nod *

FB: Then we'll be back soon! * Waves Goodbye *

Goodbye and Have a Pleasant Tomorrow!

-ForeverDestiny