Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Wild Tamer ❯ Weird dreams are made of these... ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Saludos, Amigos! Otaku-Sama here again! ...OK, you can stop booing now...

What do you know, I´m starting the third one! Didn´t think I would, didja?

Anyway, here I am, typing away, even if I only got THREE reviews of Chapter 2, and only two of them from a new reviewer!! (BTW, thanks for commenting, Liiya Wolf and Canis Black, glad you liked it! ^_^ )
As said before, this lowly and humble god of Otakuness has no defined schedule, plot line or idea of waddaheck´s going on, so you´ll just have to exercise your patience. Heh. And don´t forget my Dear Reviewers to take a peek at the bottom, ok? Now, on with the show!


Disclaimer: What!?!? You didn´t know that "Digimon Tamers" belongs to Hongo Akiyoshi, and "Ranma 1/2" belongs to Takahashi Rumiko?!?!?! AND YOU CALL YOURSELF AN OTAKU!?!?!?!
In other words: nope, not mine.
Oh, by the way, the "Drug-Crazed Spearmen from the Cult of the Holy Shoe" belong to Jack Staik, Fanfic Writer Extraordinarie, and were hired without his permission. Sorry, Sempai!

The Wild Tamer
by Otaku-Sama

Chapter 3: Weird dreams are made of these...

It was midnight at the Saotome Dojo and Bakery, and not a sound was heard, not even a mouse....
zzzzzzzz........ SSSNOOOOORREEEE!!!!!-Snort!-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....
...apart from the usual, that is.
This was the time when Morpheus came out of hiding, and wandered through the sleeping minds of the lowly mortals, spinning oniric visions that would have driven them mad had they been awake.
Of course, he never visited the dreams of the Saotomes, not after entering Ranma´s, seeing what was there, and high tailing outtathere like a bat out of hell. He still went to therapy because of that little adventure...
So, this means that Takato´s dreams weren´t his doing. Particularly this one...

Our dear not-goggle head-yet was floating, in the middle of a mist that didn´t feel too... misty-like, his arms wide open.
"okay, this is new... don´t remember ever dreaming to be a water -drop before..."
He could see he was in a public place -the Park he frequented-, and was wearing only his Dragon Ball pajamas.
"...at least it´s not the dream of myself naked in the school..."
What, you haven´t had that dream yourself?
Now, floating around can get pretty boring after a while, so he started to look around. Suddenly, things started to look more... animated...
From the mist came two figures, walking with slender grace. One was a girl with reddish hair in a spiky topknot, wearing a trench coat and -of all things- sunglasses.
"Uh, what´s with the secret-agent look..."
The other silhouette, that stood taller -although with some weird limb proportions- was still somewhat obscured by the mist, until another dark figure appeared out of nowhere. Seeing this, the redhead finally spoke:
"Go. Now."
´Gee, really talkative, aren´t we...´were Takato´s thoughts. However, his mind quickly changed subjects.
"Wow, a Renamon... and the other one´s a Lynxmon... now, THIS is gonna be one heckuva fight..."
At the same time, both Digimon sprang into action. It was easy to see that Lynxmon had some advantage in strength, while Renamon was faster and more agile. Just like the fights his dad told him he had with his old buddy Ryoga -well, Ryoga said it was mere cheating on Ranma´s part, but we know him...-.
With the professional interest of the martial arts student that he was, he observed the fight, until Lynxmon managed to pin down the yellow-and-white fox. The redhead took out a card -one of those from the card game, idly noted him- and readied herself to slash it trough a white-and-blue device, when...
"Hey Renamon, if you bend your back a little, you can kick off your opponent!"
Instantly, she did as told, bended her legs to her chest, and kicked hard, launching her foe up and behind her. With a quick flick, she righted herself and faced where her opponent went flying. Only THEN did she realize, it wasn´t her Tamer who gave her that advice.
By then, the redhead had switched cards, and proceeded to slash.
"Digimodify! Power Activate!"
"Hey, that´s neat... I could use it on my sparring sessions with dad..."
Feeling the surge of strength within herself, Renamon jumped high and readied herself for her attack. While sharp, shiny shards gathered in front of her, she caught on the corner of her eye, a floating, translucent, somewhat nervous pajama-clad boy, staring right at her.
"Err... hello? umm, nice night, huh?"
"..." Renamon couldn´t help but sweat drop for a second, but had other important things to do at the moment...
"Diamond Storm!!!"
In a split second, dozens upon dozens of light shards flew from her to the Lynxmon, covering it. Suddenly, it exploded into data bits.
"Ouch, that hurts..."
Deciding to ignore the seeming ghost up there -after all, there weren´t therapy groups for delusional Digimon that she knew about-, she went to the redhead. Wordlessly, she took off her shades, and acknowledged the Digimon´s victory with barely a nod. Only when Renamon wasn´t looking, did she permit herself a small prideful smile.
Without her shades on, Takato had a clear view of her eyes.
"Wow, those are some gorgeous violet eyes she has... she really is kinda cute..."
The redhead wondered why she felt the urge to blush.
"...even if she is something of a tomboy..."
The redhead wondered why she felt the urge to bash somebody.

°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°
Takato woke up the next morning. For a change, it was actually early.
"Gee, first that crazy dream, now I´m awake early... what´s next, Uncle Ryoga getting a Geography PhD?"
Chuckling lightly at his small -and not really that funny- joke, he got up and readied himself for bath, breakfast and school.
"Heh, maybe it wasn´t even a dream... in fact, I wonder if..."
With some BIG curiosity, he took his new... Digivice?... and stared at it´s screen. The egg was still there. Fiddling a little with the buttons, he came up with... nothing new. Oh, well, there was always breakfast...
As the family got together at the kitchen table, the curiosity got the better of him.
"Hey, dad..." "Hmm? Yeah, squirt?"
"Have you heard of any monsters fighting around town, lately?"
"Huh? Of course not, son. That´s ridiculous."
"Yeah?"
"...the monsters never go farther than Nerima and Juuban."
"...oh yeah. Forgot about that, heh."
At that moment, Mie made her entrance.
"Alright boys, breakfast is here!"
"Yah, foood!!! Letseatletseatletseat!!"
"-ahem- what do we say to the nice lady?"
"...sorry, forgot... thanks, Honey!" said Ranma, after calming himself.
"that´s better."said Mie with a grin.
Takato chuckled.

°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°
Later, Takato found himself walking calmly to school. Now that he wasn´t trying to break the Japanese Speed Record -the record for non-airborne objects, that is-, he had time to ponder a few things...
"...first, that blue card that came out of the blue -heh-, then my Card Reader getting a plastic surgery, then my Guilmon drawings being actually PULLED by the freaking gizmo, then the egg, inside the gizmo, and finally that crazy dream... and it´s not even the weekend..."
Indeed, that was a whole lot of paranormal, bizarre or just plain weird things for a week...
"...heh, finally, a relatively normal week... at least the Drug-Crazed Spearmen from the Cult of the Holy Shoe didn´t bother me this time..."
Waitaminute, just what kind of life does this kid have anyway!!
Meanwhile, at the school...
Katou Juri, a pretty -even if somewhat plain- girl, wearing a green dress, with shoulder-length hair with a ponytail on one side, walked to school with her friends. Yeah, she was a pretty normal girl -sock puppet notwithstanding...-.
"...you really think the kids won´t laff at me?"
"Of course not! Those glasses look actually good on you!"
Indeed, glasses she wore. Very cute, small, rounded glasses on a gold-and-pink-highlights frame. Very feminine.
"...well, I guess I have no choice but wear them, since my optometrist says so... funny I have the very same eye impairment her family has..."
"Talk about coincidence"
"That, and that all her brothers and sisters are doctors. Imagine, a whole family!" chuckled Juri a little at that.
"Hey girls, whazzup!"
"Oh, hello, Hirokazu, Kenta! how are you today?"
"Fine, fine. Hey, new glasses, Juri? Look good on ya, tough I didn´t know you needed them."
"Yes well, you know how things are... my optometrist found out just on Monday, and only yesterday´s afternoon she gave me the glasses... made them herself, just like her brother´s, she said."

"Really? And who is your optometrist?" asked Kenta

Juri´s answer was: "Oh, it´s Dr. Ono Hitomi..."

And then was when Takato appeared.

"Hello, buddies! Hello, Juri! How are you!"

Juri turned to greet her friend, and her glasses... fogged over.

"W-w-why, Ta-ta-takato-kun!! Fancy meeting you here!! Hahahahaha!!" Giggled and babbled Juri. The Two Stooges looked at her strangely, while Takato just smiled at her. Juri was such a nice girl!

"Heh, funny, Juri! You know we go to the same school! Hey, are those new glasses? They suit you really good!"

Juri giggled somewhat... insanely, and twirled on her feet, her heavy schoolbag still on her grasp...

"Ouch! Hey, watch it! Yow, that hurts!! Stop!! Please!!!"

...and kept whacking ´Kazu on his head with it.

"Well, let´s get in before the bell rings. See ya!!" cheerfully said the Saotome Spawn.

Only when he was out of sight, did Juri´s glasses clear up. Slightly confused with what was going on, she didn´t notice Kenta´s sweat drop as she went in the school.

"...oookayyy... and to think that sock puppet of hers was bad enough..."

Without much else, grabbed ´Kazu´s twitching carcass and dragged him inside.

°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Later that evening...

Okay, Takato wasn´t completely wasted -at least, not as yesterday. With his waking up early, he didn´t get late to school, thus not earning detention. So, he came home early, just in time for his daily training with his dad. That saved him from make-up exercises, thus doing his 100 push-ups with only one 80-pounds flour bag on his back, and doing so in two minutes, instead of one. Also, his help at the bakery was limited, due to little flour left -by the way, they had to order some more for the next day-.

Thus, he was awake, not really tired, and wondering what he could do. That was when he finally remembered his new Digi-whatchamacallit. Curious, he peeked at it´s screen, and found-

The egg. It had hatched.

"Ohboyohboyohboy! Now what!?!?"

Again tinkering with the buttons, he navigated through several screens, until some sort of compass appeared. Speechlessly, he saw the red arrow circle around the compass, and suddenly stop, pointing in some direction.

He couldn´t help himself! He had to find out what was going on! Without much thought, he opened his window and jumped outside. It wasn´t until he was falling that he recalled that he still hadn´t jumped from a second-story.

"Waaah!!"

He managed to calm down, and landed on his feet. It was a little rough, but bearable. He had to thank his dad´s training for that.

Not wasting more time, he tore down the street, following his apparatus´ compass. On the distance, a bright column of light pierced the dark skies.

"Well, it wasn´t green light, so it wasn´t a Shishi Hoko Dan... so it must be..."

Increasing his speed, he vaulted over a wooden fence that surrounded a construction site. There, coming from the deep excavation, came the light column. In front of his astonished eyed, it became a thick fog, similar to the one he had dreamed about last night. Not wasting more time, he slid down the excavation´s slope and into the fog.

"Man, can´t see a f..reaking thing..." he would have kept talking, but the dark red silhouette -of saurian shape- that he saw, was enough to shut him... for three seconds.

"...oooh, boyyyy... now, THIS is new...."


°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°


Damn, my fingers hurt...

But no suffering is too much! Anything for my faithful public! By the way, where are you hiding?

Awaddahell, let´s go to review the Reviews....


To Canis Black: Thanks for saying it was funny. And very soon, yes very soon... Rika ´ll get REALLY confused!

To Ranko Ketchum: ...no, I´m not related to Washuu... -_-;
...a sequel!? You want a sequel already!?!?!´
....oh, you want the girls to chase Gogglehead, eh? Heh, good one!

To Liiya Wolf: glad you like it! Thanks for the ego boost! And don´t worry, ´Kazu isn´t Kuno´s son. (phew!)...still don´t know if I´ll put the good ol´ Nerima Wrecking Crew into this... maybe I can poke some fun at them...


To Josh: as I wrote to you in my mail, Takato ain´t gonna be another Goku... but another Ranma should do the trick!!

To Sora Potter and ChaosRenamon: Thank you very much! Will you marry me? Uh, you Are a girl, aren´t you?


OK folks, that´s all for now. See you later! Have fun! Send money! (just kiddin´ )


Otaku-Sama