Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Wild Tamer ❯ Something funny happend on the way home... ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Greetings everyone! Otaku-Sama here (well, just Ota-kun for the ladies... ^_~ )

To everybody who read and reviewed the first chapter of "Wild Tamer" (the four of you), a big and fat
THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I´M SO HAPPY!! (sob!)

As you may -or may not- have seen, I´m giving a try at a Digimon Tamers/Ranma 1/2 x-over (the very first there is, I think) and, being a kinda experimental fic, I really don´t know how´s it going to come along. I have no schedule, no plot line -yet-, no idea how´s it gonna end -if ever.... @_@- but I´ll try my best!
And for my very first reviewers -and newest very best friends-, my sincere thanks, and look at the end of this chapter! Now, on with the show!



Disclaimer: Digimon Tamers? Ranma 1/2? They´re mine! All miiineeee!!! Bwahahahaha-hack-koff-koff-
Aaarrghhh!! Where´s my Lithium, dammit!!





The Wild Tamer

by Otaku-Sama



Something funny happened on the way back home....



<Sigh> "...detention again... the third time this week... "

Saotome Takato, a good student...

"and it´s not even Thursday yet! Mom´s gonna kill me..."

...just not a perfect one. Go figure.

"... and it wasn´t even my fault that the water faucet broke, or the fire alarm went off, or all the hamsters from first grade scaped anyway! Why do I have the worst luck?!?!"

Well, he IS a Saotome, what did you expect?

Now, he wasn´t as grumpy as he could have been. He had spend his detention time in a quite productive manner, sharpening his intellectual skills, doing homework... you know, primary school stuff.

"Well, not everything was bad! I had time to finish my drawing! My very own Digimon!"

...forget I said anything... oh, well...

Taking his usual shortcut through the Park, he went to his and his friend´s Secret Hideout That No one Else Knows About, just to see if his pals were there. As expected, they were. As usual, playing the Digimon Card Game. As normal, one losing graciously, and the other winning... not graciously.

"Hahaha! That´s three in a row, Kenta! Now who´s Da Man, eh? Who-Da-Man! Who-Da-Man!"
"...you know, ´Kazu? You could improve at being a good winner..." said Kenta, while sweat dropping.

Those were Takato´s buddies: Shiota Hirokazu and Katakawa Kenta -or as half school dubbed them, Abbott and Costello-. Our hero couldn't help but laugh nervously a little, while picturing his two friends doing the "Who´s on First" skit.

"Hey dudes! What´s up?"
"Hey, ´Kato! Long time no see! Did Miss Asagi let you out of detention early? After all the hell that fell at school, we expected you to be locked up a couple of years!"
"Aw c´mon, ´Kazu!" moaned Takato -almost whined, in fact- "you know it wasn´t my fault!"
"Yeah, man," said Kenta "you know nobody could have done all that stuff on purpose..."
"Thanks, Kenta!"
"...you need to be reaally dumb to do it!"
"...THANKS, Kenta..."
"Aanyway... you up to a Card Game? Wanna try your luck with the Digimon Thunder of Shinjuku Primary?" said Hirokazu, as thunder rattled in the distance.
´That´s funny, there isn't a cloud in the sky...´ "Sorry, ´Kazu, gotta go straight home, just came for my cards. I´m already late for training with Dad, and helping Mom with the dough for the afternoon bread batch."
"Gee, man... for a ten-year-old, you sure do a lotta work... no wonder you have so very few friends..."
"Aw, don´t sweat it! I have you two to be my friends"
´Poor, poor Takato... having US for only friends...´ thought Kenta.
"OK, just gimme my Big Box-O´-Cards and I´ll be going."
"Sure, man. Here it goeeee-yeow!!" were Kazu´s words, as he slipped and fell head-first from where he was sitting, while trying to get to Takato´s box.
"Kazu!!!"
"Ow, my head hurts...."
"Luckily, you fell head-first, nothing important damaged!"
"...very funny, Kenta..."
"Oh, I hope my cards and my reader are okay!" said a very worried Takato, as he went over his spilled cards.
"...I love you too, man..."

Takato went over his cards in a hurry, he had to get to his home fast, after all. So, grabbed them all and put them in the box. ´I´ll see if they´re OK on my way home´ he tought, as put the lid on the box. So, he couldn´t see there was a Card he hadn´t had before. A Blue Card.

"Sorry guys, gotta go! Bye!"
"Bye, Takato!"
"my head..."
"Aw, suck it up!"

Grinning a little, Takato took off through a back alley, to try and gain a few precious seconds. Halfway there, a group of teenaged bums awaited for a weak victim, just for the kicks.

"Well, kid, aren´t we in a hurry? Gunna see yer momma ta make ya some warm milk?" Leered the leader of the gang. The big, burly, stinky and meanie leader.
"Sorry, guys, I´m already late! Can´t stay and play!" was Takato´s nice answer -his mother told him to always be nice to people, so...-
"Heh, but we wantcha ta stay ´n play with us! Ain´t that right, boys?"
"Hell yeah!" "You got it, Boss!" "Just some fun, heh, heh!" replied the gangsters, while surrounding the young boy.
"Oh, well, if you want to..." said Takato -in a very nice tone- and threw his box to the air above him-

-and started to punch, kick, jump-kick, rabbit-punch, uppercut, left-hook, right-hook, stomp, flatten, and generally cause a lot of pain and injuries to the seven teenaged gangsters.
Then, all of them -along with the box- had no choice but abide to the law. You know, the Gravity Law.

Thump!! Went the bullies-wanna-be´s, just as Takato´s box fell on his awaiting hands.

"Sorry fellahs, I really gotta go! Bye!" And away he went.

On the ground, the leader lamented:

"Fourth time this week... and it´s not even Thursday..."
"...mommy..." cried one.


Takato kept on running, but began to concern himself with his card.
´Better check them, just in case...´ and, without stopping his race, opened the box and peered inside.
"Ok, everything seems al-waitaminute, I don´t remember this card..."said, while handling a mysterious blue card. "...wonder what´s it about..."

Taking a pause on his run, he decided to slash the Card through his reader. He didn´t expect it to start glowing and morphing...

"Waaah! What´s happening!" cried he, and when the glowing subsided, he stared at his heavily changed piece of electronic merchandise.
"It wasn´t my fault! I didn´t do anything! Really!"frantically justified himself, even if there was nobody around to blame him. After all, everybody blamed him for everything, and old habits die hard.

Once he calmed a little -and realized he was making a fool of himself-, he took a look at his former reader.
It was mostly white, with a crimson circle around a square LCD screen, and had some kind of navigation buttons under it. Also there was a crimson fabric strip with a hook, and was shaped somewhat like a cross between a Digivice,a D-3, and one of those new rocket planes the Americans where testing for the Space Station.

"....oookay, that was odd... now, I´d normally try to figure what´s up if I wasn´t ALREADY LATE FOR TRAINING!!! Waah!!!"

...And off he goes. Again.

°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°

Later that night...

Takato dragged himself to his room. Not only did his dad -the infamous Saotome Ranma, martial artist extraordinaire and big trouble magnet- drilled him dry...


"...96, 97, 98, 99, aand... 100 push-ups. Great job, squirt." said Ranma, with a satisfied nod. After all, not every kid can do one hundred push-ups in one minute.
"Now, go leave those bags back in the storage room." "OK, dad..."

Now, do one hundred push-ups while lifting two eighty-pounds flour bags... no ten year kid can do that!

"...dad, I´m back. And mom says ´leave my flour alone, you baka´."
"Hey!"
"That´s what she said, I swear!"
"...oookay... now, let´s try that kata we started on yesterday."
"Ok!!"

So they started with what some would describe as a dance of combat, with their limbs slicing through the air in perfect sinchronicity and accuracy, speeding up bit by bit, jumping and bouncing on the training hall´s walls, like two demented basketballs with feet and fists. If you watched carefully, you could see the difference between Sensei and Teichi (master and disciple) in Ranma´s greater control, power, and grace, and that he could jump up to the rafters, while his son could only jump seven or eight feet up.

Even so, it was quite impressive for a kid -or a human being, for that matter...-

After some twenty minutes of this, Ranma called to a stop.

"Ok, son, that´s all for today. Now, let´s go help your mom with the bakery."
"Sure, dad! And sorry again for coming home late, and for having detention again... "
"Aw, it´s okay, just tell me if anything that Miss Asagi gave you detention for, was actually your fault."
"No! it wasn´t my fault! I didn´t do anything!"
"Oh, I know that. You just had bad luck, and were at the wrong place at the wrong time."
"Yeah, that´s it! Gee, dad, how come you take that so easily?"
"...son, where do you think you got your luck? Not from your mother, that´s sure..."
"Alright, my strong and powerful men! Come and give me a hand with the dough, or I won´t give you anything for dinner! Got it?"
"Yes, mom!" "Sure thing, honey!"

Saotome Mie smiled at the loves of her life, as the three of them went to the bakery´s kitchen and got ready to kneed some dough...




...and that was why he was dragging himself to his room. Of course, he still had something to do...

"...okay, now... what IS this gizmo? It kinda looks like a niftier Digivice, but what does it do?"

He kept tinkering with the buttons, but nothing happened.

"Aw, this thing doesn´t do anything! It´s like it´s empty of data or something..."

Absentmindedly, he gazed at it. It had been so... mysterious... how his card reader had changed, that he almost expected, half hoped, that somehow, it had become a real Digivice, and he had become a real Digidestined, and he would have a real Digimon partner... a friend... that would always be with him....

With a sigh, he took his small sketchpad from his pocket, and stared at the drawing.

His very own Digimon, custom designed by himself.

Guilmon.

"...I wish you were real..." said Takato with some melancholy, and very slowly...

...almost delicately...

...slashed his Guilmon drawing...

...through his reader...

...and then, it happened.


"Aaah! It´s all lit up again!" said our friend, shielding his eyes. He could barely see as the rest of his sketchpad´s pages -where Guilmon´s statistics were- being pulled through the reader. And suddendly...

The light sow was over.

"What the- the screen... is that... a Digi-egg?"

It was impossible, improbable, unthinkable...

It was also true.

Takato allowed himself a small smile.

"Well, what do you know? Some dreams just might come true, after all..."

With newfound joy and faith, he went to bed, Digivice still in hand.

"I wonder what else I´ll be dreaming about tonight..."

And so, he decided to find out.





°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°


Whew! A new chapter done! Hurray for me!

Anyway. I promised my first reviewers a few words at the end, so here I go.

For Ranko Ketchum (Heh, cute name..)

Well, here is the next chapter. Can´t wait till the next one, huh? :P
Anyway, glad you liked the first one, I just hope this ones measures up!


For Josh:

Don´t worry, I won´t make Takato into a DBZ-type of super powerful character... just enough top make it funny. :P And for Takato vs Renamon, well... heh, heh, I like it...


For Dyslexia (?)

This chapter should clear your questions. If you don´t know what "Ranma 1/2" is, I´d recommend you to get to your nearest Anime store and find out. You´ll get a blast!


For Sora Potter (and ChaosRenamon) (BTW, both cute names, too ^_~ )

Thanks for finding my first chapter to be funny. What do you think of this one?


OK folks, see you later!


Otaku-Sama.