Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Wild Tamer ❯ The politically correct term is ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Ooowwww...... man, what a hangover...... I´ll never party a whole weekend again....
....Uh...? Whatcha doin´here again, folks?.....
....What?!?! You want another chapter?!?!?! But I´m dieing here!!!! Owww, don´t shout, Otaku.....
Groan.... Okay, okay, I´ll do it, just stop those jack hammers in my skull, please...



Disclaimer: Oh, woe is me, I own nothing! Nothing I tell you! Boohoo!!


The Wild Tamer

By Otaku-Sama (ICQ 12832029 AIM OtakuuSama)


Chapter 7: The politically correct term is "Small People"...


°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°

It was the day, after the Battle of Gorillamon. Having a day to unwind after what happened, everybody involved had come to terms with the outcome of the battle, and had agreed that there was no real choice to stop the demented Digimon but destroy it -and anyway, THAT particular digital life form didn´t look too sentient, anyway...-

So, our young Heroes -Takato, Guilmon, Jenrya and Terriermon- were back on their usual cheerful moods -as befit ten-year-old kids, of course...-

Now, Takato was cheerfully walking to school, while humming the latest Two-Mix hit, and was about to enter the school property, when....

"Whoa, there! What´s all these people doing here?!"

Yes, people were there -students, teachers, the janitors, even the principal!-, and they were all watching... the white lines sprayed on the yard.

"Man, this is a mess!! Look at all those lines!" said Random Student Number 13
"...just howdaheck did it happen?!?!" said No. 7
"This looks like those creepy symbols on that American movie, ´Signs´! You know, the one with that Braveheart guy!"
"...ohmygosh, I bet those´re Satanic Ritual Symbols, and they´ll use the school for a Human Sacrifice to the Very Mean Forces Of Darkness!! We´re all doomed!! DOOMED I SAY!!!"
"...you´ve been watching scary movies again, haven´t you, Kenta..."
"Shut up, ´Kazu! This is serious!! They could be from... The Cult of Bill Gates!!!"

By the time, everybody was giving their space to the recognized school loonies, while sweat dropping like it was going to get out of fashion tomorrow.

Takato just thought the lines looked like somebody had doodled with the line marker used for the Soccer games...

Well, at least it wasn´t the Drug Crazed Spearmen of the Cult of the Holy Shoe again...

°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°

During lunch, the rumours had gotten even weirder: from the haunting spirits of long-gone students that had disappeared during detention, to a secret government experiment.... when Kazu and Kenta suggested it was a Digimon doing that, everybody laughed -except Takato, who was too busy coughing.

°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°

"Oh dear, what a day..." said Juri, as she cleaned up her classroom -standard procedure for japanese school kids-.

Katou Juri was not a happy camper. Well, in reality she wasn´t camping at the moment, and had never visited the countryside, but... aww, you get the picture!

Not only had she damaged her new glasses -nothing serious, just a bent frame that her step mom would fix back at home-, but also she had to go to the school´s nurse station -place she disliked, as most health-care facilites-... and there...

"Hey, Juri-Chan! What´s up? Need any help?" That, was Takato.

Juri couldn´t avoid the heavy blush from covering her face, since she had the biggest crush with the handsome, chivalrous -and friggin´ strong- young Martial Artist... a good thing she wasn´t wearing the Cursed Ono Glasses of Silliness at the time...

"H-ha-hai, Takato-Kun! I mean, if you want too..." she trailed off...

"Sure, Juri-Chan! That´s what friends are for!"

Juri sighed a little. Yes, he was handsome, chivalrous -and friggin´strong, don´t forget!!- but he could be so clue less... then again, that was part of his charm...

"Um, Juri... you feeling alright? I mean,you looked a little spaced out there for a minute... you Okay?"

´Ohmygosh, he´s soooo niiiice!!!! Worrying so much about meeee!!!!!!!!´ thought delighted the Sock puppet girl... of course, failing to notice he would express the same concern for Hirokazu, Kenta, Jenrya, Guilmon, Terriermon -heck, even Renamon and the Redhead!- had they been in the same boat... but let´s let her dream, ok?

"Well, I´m... kinda scared, you know?... With those creepy lines on the backyard.... and that monster the principal saw the other day... -Takato sweat dropped at that one- ...and... well..."

"What is it? You can tell me..." said a leaning Takato.

´Gee, somebody turn off the heater!´ "..I think I saw a monster... at the nurse station..."

"Really? How did it look like?" Takato placed a hand on her shoulder.

´HE is touching MEEEEEEEE!´ "I-i-i-i-i -cough- I mean, I didn´t see it very w-w-well... but i-it was small, had bright green eyes... and flew past me and knocked me over!! And I´m soooo scared!!"

"Shhh, it´s okay, Juri-Chan... I´ll never let anything happen to you..." said Takato, while holding her lightly and caressing her back.

´YES!!!! Score!!!!´ thought a totally delighted Juri.

"...or ´Kazu, or Kenta, or anyone of my friends!!"

´...aww crud...´ thought a not-delighted-anymore Juri.

°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°

"...so, your friend saw a monster at the nurse station..." said Jenrya, a pensive look on his face.

"M-hm... she was very shaken with that.... I wonder if it has anything to do with the white lines at the backyard..."

"Momentai, Takato-mon! I bet your girlfriend just wanted you to hold her in your strong arms, and drown herself in the deep of your eyes, and-" "Terriermon!!!!" Momentai, Jen!"

Takato smiled; it was always amusing seeing the two friends playfully arguing over the smallest things... he blushed a little at Ter calling Juri-Chan his girlfriend, but... well, she´s a girl, and she´s his friend, and that´s what the word means anyway! Yeah, that´s it! And Takato smiled again.

Now, if any of my dear readers wants to bash Takato for being a blockhead, please take a number and wait on line...

°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°

That night, a stealthy shadow moved on the school grounds, shrouded in the darkness... it had an objective to fulfill, and nothing would stop it! No power, be it mortal or otherwise, could stand to it´s might! Nothing could stop it now! With it´s cunning mind and powerful arm, it tore apart the bindings that separated it from it´s target, and seeing what it had come for, it released a powerful and mighty cry of victory:

"Culu-culu!!"

Alright, so it wasn´t that mighty...

°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°

The next day was not an school day.

Too bad Guil and Takato-mon had to go anyway...

"Takato-mon? Why are we here?"

"Because I´m in charge to feed the class´ rabbits this weekend, Guil. They just can´t be left alone: they´d be hungry!"

"UUhhhh, being hungry is so baaaad..... " said a sympathetic Dino-Boy.

"...yeah, there´s nothing worse than being hungry..." said Takato. Well, he IS his dad´s son...

Arriving at the empty school, they saw the Principal and a teacher, dumbly watching the new white chalk doodles that covered the yard.

"...I told you to lock the sports shed, dang it! But does anybody here listen to the Principal? Nooooooo! It´s always ´The Principal´s a loon!! The Principal sees Dinosaurs!! The Principal needs Therapy!!"

"...But I locked the shed, really!! But they forced the lock, and took out the line marker, and did it again and are you listening?"

"...Why nobody respects me?!?! WHY!?!?!?! It´s not my fault my lunatic cousin made a war zone of Fuurinkan High years ago!!"

Takato had to pity his Principal, as he sneaked Guilmon past the two adults. Yes, it´s hard to be related to Principal Kuno...

°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Takato poured the lettuce and carrots for the furred pets, a he saw Guilmon and a rabbit sniff each other in curiosity. It was funny how Guil, with those Bat-Ears on top of his head, looked somewhat like Salvador Dali´s view of a rabbit, heh!

Suddenly, Guilmon´s attention was attracted somewhere else, as an unexpected smell reached his nose.

"Takato-mon...."silently said Guilmon "..there´s a Digimon nearby..."

Takato quickly changed his mood from amused to serious. With silent agreement, they went in search of the unknown being. Seeing Guilmon point behind a heavy roller, both Tamer and Digimon jumped to surprise their target, assuming combat stances-

-and saw nothing.

Glanced left and-nothing. Glanced right and-zero. Glanced up and... yep, nada.

THEN they glanced down...

"...hello, there, lil´fella! Who are you?"

"HIiiiiiiii!!! I´m Culumon!! Who´re you? You´re funny! Wanna play with the big, round ball? I´ll be Maradona!!-"

"...err, that´s nice..." said Takato, sweat dropping lightly. Man, but was this Digimon high or something? Well, at least it seemed harmless enough...

"-and Culumon´ll run and run and pass the other kids and kick the big round ball into the biiig net thingy and eeeverybody´ll cheer Culumon! Culu!"

"...ooookayy... say, Culumon, do you have a Tamer? or Partner?"

"...Culu? Culumon don´t know whatya talkin´bout..."

"...a Digi Destined?... tutor?... parole officer?... no, guess not..."

Takato was, arguably, the Nicest Boy on Earth, so it wasn´t a surprise when he decided that Culumon needed a partner, and he would find him one -even if he had to fight the entire Kuroma Yakuza Clan. Again.

°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Some twenty minutes later, Takato and Guilmon had managed to bring Culumon to Guilmon Arms, where Jenrya and Terriermon were already waiting for them. As they saw the Flying Cream-Puff and Gojira´s Nephew playing Peek-A-Boo, they discussed Culumon.

"...I don´t know, Takato... Yeah, Culumon might need some looking over, but in the end it´s going to be his decision, not ours..."

"I know, Jen... but at least we gotta try... I wouldn´t feel right just leaving Culumon all by himself..."

"...oh, alright, you convinced me... why don´t we leave Culumon here with Guilmon, while the rest of us go find some candidate..."

And off they went...

°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°

"Look, Jen! That´s my friend Hirokazu. He knows a lot about Digimon -he´s passably good with the card game, and all..."

Jenrya pondered this, while he saw ´Kazu play The Game.

"Ha! Take THAT!! That´s what you deserve for challenging Shiota Hirokazu, the Digimon Thunder of Shinjuku Primary School!!! Bwahahahahahah!!!!"

"...in times like these, Saotome-San´s tales of his old High School in Nerima don´t sound so farfetched..." said Kenta, as he acted as he didn´t know the raving loony that was his best friend.

"...oookayyyy..." sweat dropped Jenrya, as he wondered about the most polite way to tell Takato that his friend was a nut job. "... uhhh... don´t you think he´s a bit... overzealous about winning? How would he treat Culumon?"

Takato had to think about that, and given his vivid imagination, it wasn´t that hard picturing ´Kazu in a white gi, a bandanna on top of his head, wearing round glasses, holding a tied-up Culumon over a pit, while raving about his trainee learning the dreaded Gatomon-Ken...

"....maybe you´re right..."

"Hey Jen, Taks! And how about Suichon?"

"Uh? Who´s that, Terriermon?"

°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°

Later, the Three Musketeers arrived at the Lee family´s Apartment. There, they met Jenrya´s little sister, while playing dress-up with her dolls.

"Hey, this´d work! I mean, if she takes care of Culumon like she does to her dolls..."

"Umm, Takato... imagine that, but make it for Everyday, at Every hour... "

Once again, Takato´s Supercharged Imagination took over, this time seeing Suichon giving Culumon a French name, squeezing the life out of him, and locking him next to a black piglet in a room full of ´kawaii´ stuff, with small tags with their new French names... he had to shudder at this image...

"...okay, next idea..."

°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°

Back to the park they went, and sitting on a bench...

"...Mmmh, and why not a girl of our same age? Like somebody we might now?"

Takato liked the sound of that idea. And, picturing the only girl he knew more than on sight... he pictured Juri facing Culumon, staying silent for a while, then... "Waaaaahhh!" ...getting scared spit less. Nope, didn´t work either...

°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°

Meanwhile, back at the Bat-Cave....

"Culu? Guilmon wanna go out and play with Culumon?"

"Guilmon can´t... Guilmon stay here and look after Culumon..."

"Culu? But Guilmon can look after Culumon outside too!"

"No, Takatomon said Guilmon is too big, and can´t look after Culumon outside..."

"...but if Guilmon is soo biiig, Guilmon can look after Culumon outside too!!"

"...Guil?"

"...Culu?"

"...Guil?"

"...Culu?"

"...Culumon wanna go outside? Guilmon protect Culumon..."

"Yay! Let´s go!!"

...if you don´t know what kind of high-flight conversations take place at your local City Hall, this can serve you as an example...

°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°

"...Culu, it´s gonna be Looooots of fuuuuun!!!! And we´ll kick the ball and we´ll run with the ball and we kick the ball on that biiig net thingy and I get to be Maradona and-awww, the door´s clooooseeeeeed....." moaned Culumon, in a cute -and annoying-way.

"Don´t worry! Guilmon dig tunnel to get into small house! No problemo!"

Once again, Culumon took effective possession of the Line maker thingy, this time with Guilmon as convenient one-dinosaur-power engine, and began to doodle on the ground -and no, it´s wasn´t a Satanic Pentagram, as Father O´Malley keeps saying!-

...That was when things got... weird...

"...culu? Culumon don´t like freaky mist..."

"Don´t worry, little one, Guilmon will protect you..." said the Crimson Dinosaur, both from his gentle heart and the sense of duty that Ranma-Sensei-Mon has been instilling in him.

°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°

" Guilmooon!! Culumoooon!! Where are those two?!"

"Calm down, Takato, I´m sure they´re okay... what could happen to them?"

"...My dad always says: ´Squirt, there are words that most never be said: "what could go wrong", "at least it´s not raining", and "Tomboy".´ Don´t know what he mean with the last one but..."

Takato´s ramblings when he caught sight of a strange glowing mist that covered his school.

"C´mon, guys, I think I found them!!"

°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;

He was evil...

He was the incarnation of everything wrong with any world...

He was mighty, powerful, and struck fear in his enemies´ hearts...

He surveyed his new domains, and-

"Waaahhhh!!"

-came face to face with Guilmon´s sniffing snout. When you´re one foot tall, that stuff happens...

"You´re small too! Guilmon´ll protect you!"

...now, apart of being evil, mighty, powerful and fearsome, he was also big-headed, and short-tempered...

"How dare you say that I, the Mighty Vilemon, needs the protection from some steroid-pumped Agumon wanna-be!! I´ll destroy you and load your data! And your little dog, too!!" said the pocket-sized demon, while pointing at Culumon, and started to chase the other two, firing randomly.

Then, the Digi-friends arrived. taking on the situation, and seeing the hovering Vilemon raining mayhem and chaos on the school yard, he readied a card, and slashed it.

"Digi-Modify!! White Wings Activate!!"

White, diaphanous wings grew on Guilmon´s back, and he shot skyward ho.

"Hey, no fair! That´s cheating!!" yelled Vilemon, while trying to dodge Guilmon.... and not succeeding.

With a fast combo of claw-kick-claw and a downward axe kick, Guilmon showed Vilemon just how hard the ground was.

Guilmon´s wings faded away as he touched down, and took a stance besides Takato. He was about to celebrate his victory, when the undefeated Vilemon took advantage of their distraction, and fired to the ground at Guilmon´s and Takato´s foot, blinding them and making them loose their footing.

´Arrgh!! Stupid! Never let your guard down!´ berated himself the Gogglehead, has he coughed is lungs inside out. Vilemon was about to finish the job, when a sudden cry of "Diamond Storm!!" put an end to his plans.

"Looks like we saved the boys´butts..." said Ruki, grinning infuriatingly. "Now, we´re your opponents."

"Hah! I´ll kill that yellow foxie and load her! You´re miiiineeee!!!!!!!!" yelled a furious Vilemon, as he shot an unconcerned -and immobile- Renamon. Shame he was too engrossed on himself, to notice Ruki slashing a card, and yelling "Alias!".

The mini-devil rejoiced, when he saw his attack explode all over the Kitsune... he puzzled when Renamon´s data failed to appear... he dismayed when he heard his former victim behind himself, shooting her own attack at him... he roared in pain as he was deleted and absorbed...

"No need to thank me, boys... I only wanted the data-"

"How can you be so cruel!!!!" Yelled a furious Takato. Ruki was completely taken aback by his sudden fury.

"I know he was a danger, and he had to be stopped! But you should have tried another approach first! Killing must be the LAST resource, not the FIRST!!!" Takato had to restrict himself... didn´t she value the life she had just taken?

"...what do you mean by ´kill´, Gogglehead! Digimon are just data, they´re NOT alive! They don´t feel anything!!"

Takato was about to lose it, but something stopped him. He understood... he saw...

"..you really believe that, don´t you..." said he, voice calm and... sad...

"..you really believe they don´t live, or feel... gods, you most feel so lonely..."

Ruki´s breath caught in her throat. H-how... did he...

"...but you must understand... if Digimon are just Data, then humans are just flesh and blood... we are all more than the sum of our parts... we feel, we laugh, we cry... we live..."

Ruki closed her eyes. How dare that idiot boy lecture her, make her doubt herself....

...make her want to cry...

Not wanting to crack in front of others, she spun around, ready to leave, when-

"Culu! Hiii! Who´re you? Wanna be friends?"

Ruki stared at the creature near her feet. She couldn´t believe such... naïveté... and innocence...

Suddenly, a rush of wind blew beside her, and she glimpsed two hands that grabbed the small, white creature, and took it out of her reach.

"...uhh, look... thank you for helping us, really, but... don´t hurt Culumon, please? He´s completely harmless, and innocent, and...." Takato trailed off, staring into her gorgeous violet eyes... but she shut them tightly. Too many emotions....

Wordlessly, she walked towards Renamon, and both girls walked away. When they were almost out of sight, she took a quick glance behind, while wondering why that idiot Gogglehead released so many and powerful emotions within her...

°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°

The next school day, everybody was staring at the school yard. After all, it´s not everyday that they were witness of mysterious craters littering the ground, and a tunnel that entered the sports shed...

The only two boys -and one wisecracking Digimon- present that knew the truth, decided it was better to keep mum...

...and the Principal wept and cried on how life hated him.

°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°


...okay, here´s the chapter! Happy now?!? Can I go to sleep?!?!?

...oh fer cryin´ ... now you want the reviews....

To FusionBlaster: glad you like it... as for it being too silly for your tastes... gawddarnit, it´s supposed to... it´s a Digimon/Ranma crossover, not Evangelion!!! As for how Ranma got rid of all his curses -Fiancees and Jusenkyo- well, that... is a secret!! ^_^

To JediTakeru: Yeah, poor Jenrya´s gonna be having trouble sitting for a while... heh!

To Sora Potter AND ChaosRenamon: my two Beautiful Señoritas... I´m honored you like the story so far... but would you please lower that shotgun? It´s kinda unnerving me...

To SerpentTreize: I´m just plain, ol´fashioned nuts. Ranma Characters? If I need them, I´ll hire them. Most of them work for peanuts -or panties...- Thanks for the support!

To D3Fan: such compliments from someone who I consider one of the best Digi-authors around, makes my wounded ego soar... Thank You, Sempai!!

To CanisBlack: do you really think that any kind of training´s gonna level Jenrya to Saotome Levels? I think NOT!! : P And how to change the Digi-Queenie´s outlook on life? Well, today´s a start... and seeing Taks and Guil fighting side by side´s gonna rattle her ground a bit, too! Icedevimon? Now, that... is a secret!!

To ShadowStalker: Well what do you know, I´ll have to put a warning: "This fanfic can cause death by laughter, read under own risk". Thank-ee-ya!!

To Ran: Thanks! Now, Cologne´ll be too busy with her "Nerima Fried Chicken and Udon"franchise to do anything... 3000 years of Amazon History have nothing on the power of Capitalism!! And Digimon Thunder vs Blue Thunder? Naw, Tate-Wacky has mellowed out... thank Kami-Sama for heavy medication!!

Also, special thanks to those who readed and reviewed "The Wild Tamer: Omake Time!!", it´s nice knowing it was well liked! But don´t expect me to put on more chapters of that one very often... I just can´t be that drunk all the time....


Sayonara, Señores y Señoritas!! (Specially the Señoritas... wink, wink!!)

Otaku-Sama (ICQ 12832029 AIM OtakuuSama)