Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Wild Tamer ❯ Red, red hair... ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]
One silly fic coming up!!


Disclaimer: If you don't tell anybody, then I won't tell either...


The Wild Tamer

By Otaku-Sama (ICQ 12832029 AIM OtakuuSama)

Chapter 8 : Red, red hair...


°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°

´Bored... bored... bored out of my mind...´

Ruki was not a happy schoolgirl. In fact, very few things made her happy anymore; and even then, she wouldn't admit
she WAS happy, anyway... that's just Ruki for you.

The fact that she was held prisoner in some stuffy private school, wearing some stupid uniform -with a skirt, damn it all!-
during a boring class... hell, I would be bored too...

Now, the fact that it was Parent's Participation Day, and her only parent present was her mother, to whom she didn't feel
very connected...

Using the small mirror glued to her pencil case's top -no girl should leave without one, had said her mom...- she glanced back, where her Super model of a mother stood... and saw her speaking on her cell phone, only to hurriedly leave.

'Yeah, that's much better', thought the redhead to herself, trying to believe her own words...

°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;

"...crappy day...stupid day...crappy school...crappy mo..."
Yep, her mood was foul...but no matter how much she wanted to, she couldn't muster enough anger to just forget about it all.
What she needed was...

"...a Digital Field... now, we're cooking!" said Ruki, putting her worries behind and running home. She needed to get out of the stuffy uniform and into her Tamer gear, recall Renamon, get to the Field as fast as they could, and finish the fight before the idiot boys and their Digi-pets interrupted them!

°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°

"...a nd finally, left-high-kick, Axe-kick, Right-Roundhouse-Kick, Spin, Left-Leg-Sweep, and Right-punch to Solar Plexus when your opponent's down." Finished explaining Ranma to his two students, while Jenrya and Terriermon stood aside, just watching.

Why only watching, you may ask? Well, both Takato and Ranma thought it was out of respect and loyalty to his own sensei.
Terriermon thought it was to avoid another beating...

Be as it may, the Momentai Brothers were simply awed at the sight before them: Guilmon absorbing Martial Arts as if he was born to it -what was true, in a sense-, Takato defying the Laws of Physics with his aerial Kata... and Ranma, who was not only defying the same Laws, but also taunting them, laughing at them, and flipping them the finger. So to speak.

"Well done, boys" said Ranma, coming to a stop and bidding his students likewise "now, let's cool down for a bit-"

At that moment, three heads snapped to the same direction: a saurian nose sniffing danger, a young mind sensing something not right, and a more experienced soul detecting one non-human, non-animal, high-complexity Ki, resonating with wilderness and aggression... and two other Ki signals heading right to the other one. Oh, the pillar of light and the heavy bank of fog were a good giveaway, too.

"Okay, students, seems like we can practice a bit... let's go!"

At that, the Saotome Army took off towards the Digital Field, Jenrya and Terriermon on their tails -literally, on Guilmon and Terriermon's case...

°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°

"Go, Renamon!" yelled Ruki, glaring at the intruding Allomon. Finally, some stress relief!

Renamon complied wordlessly, aiming a kick towards her latest victim-only to be slapped away by the Allomon's tail.

"...let's see if you like this, Data-pack..." murmured the Redhead, slashing a card. Renamon reacted with an ice-based attack, that should weak the fire-friendly Digimon - only to have it overpowered by Allomon's own ball of fire. The result was a singed and aching Renamon thrown to a nearby pole. Allomon allowed itself a roar of victory, readying itself to finish it's latest Data Meal, when-

"Pyro Sphere!!" "Terrier Tornado!!"

-when Guilmon and Terriermon double teamed the monster, which redirected it's fury towards the newcomers.

"Alright, Guil!" Shouted the youngest Saotome: "now, let's-"

"Stop it!!" Yelled Ruki, seriously pissed off. "This is OUR fight!! Back off before we wipe the floor with you all!!"

The boys were about to snap back at her, but were refrained by Ranma:

"Stop, boys. She's right: it IS their fight."

Jenrya was about to protest, but Takato silenced him with a look."I'll tell you later..." he said, and went back to restrain Guilmon and watch the fight.

Ruki wasn't paying attention to the interlopers anymore. With a glare, she shouted "Card Slash: Paper Chip Plug-In Activated!", filling Renamon with new powers. The yellow Digital Kitsune showered the Allomon with freezing ice, just to finish him off with a Diamond Storm. Only stray data remained, which she hastily absorbed.

The Battling Redhead turned around, and was about to chew the boys for interfering, when-

"Takato" began Ranma "...You know what to do..."

With a nod, Takato stepped forward. Renamon watched him warily, getting on guard, and saw him-

-bow formally and deeply to her.

"I apologize for interfering with your fight, without your permission. I have insulted your honor as a warrior by doing so, but I promise that won't happen again, unless I see your life is in immediate danger."

Renamon stared astonished... this kid was behaving as a real warrior... might as well meet him halfway...

"I accept your apology" said Renamon, responding to Takato's bow on similar fashion, recognizing him as an equal. Takato kept his bow until after Renamon resumed her upright position.

"...humph...samurai stuff, how corny..." said Ruki under her breath. Louder, she spoke: "If you're done with the etiquette classes, we have to get going-"

"Just a minute, girls."

Ruki and Renamon whirled around-and faced an adult, wearing Chinese style clothes -red shirt and black, baggy pants- who stood there, arms crossed... and not freaking out at the sight of the Digimon!!

"First: Renamon, is it? I'm Saotome Ranma, nice to meetcha." Said the Elder Saotome, waving slightly with one hand.
"You have great talent for combat: perhaps we could spar one day? I'm teaching both my son -Takato- and Guilmon on afternoons, on Shinjuku Park. I'm sure you can find us."

"...I'll think about it..."

"Great! Now, Number two. You, the redhead: fighting on itself ain't wrong or right. But you havta make sure you fight for a good reason... and fighting for the sake of fighting, isn't."

Ruki glared hard at the lecturer, then sharply turn away from them. Without a word, both girls left the place.

"Well, that was nice. Hey boys, ya hungry? let's get some grub, my treat!"

Both Guilmon and Takato cheered at that. Both Terriermon and Jenrya sweat dropped a little... then shrugged and followed the Saotomes. They were getting used to their oddities, anyway...

Unknown to all but one of their group, a pair of bright green eyes had spied on them the whole time...

°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°

Later that night...

"It's been long enough, Renamon. When we first met, you promised me you would Digivolve soon, but that has not been the case!"

"I'm sorry, Ruki..." apologized Renamon, down on one knee. "...I know not of this delay, but I am confident, this situation cannot last..."

"You better... and anyway, what was the deal with you and the Goggle head? You acted like on one of those samurai epics!"

"It seemed the right thing to do at the time..."

"Well, don't do it again. Now leave, I hear mom's coming."

Without a sound, Renamon complied.

°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°

Nearby the Makino Residence, sitting on top of a telephone pole, Renamon pondered her situation.

´There must be something I am missing, some small, but important factor...´

"Whatcha doin' there, Fox-Face? Pouting 'cause yer owner ran out of Alpo fer ya?"

Renamon whirled around, and faced-a small, mischievous-looking Rookie. Not lowering her guard, she asked:

"Who in the seven hells are you....?"

"Name's Impmon, babycakes! Don'tcha forget it!" said the Digital Imp, flashing her an annoying smirk. "And before ya ask, I'll tell ya why I'm here! You know, I saw ya fight today, an' yer pretty good... why dontcha dump that bratty girl? Like bein' her slave?"

"I am no one's slave" said coldly the Fox. "Ruki and I are partners. And now, farewell. Don't bother me anymore."

Renamon turned around but before she could disappear, she had to dodge a small fireball. Annoyed, she heard the departing words of the Imp: "Dump that brat if ya know what's good fer ya!"

Without a glance, she began to walk away... when a pillar of light shot to the skies.

°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°
Takato was walking back home, after dropping Guilmon back at his shed. Ranma has left early, to help Mie with the late afternoon bread batch -she had threatened him to borrow Akane's old mallet if he didn't show up-.

He was minding his own business, when he glanced a shock of reddish hair and a purple broken heart rushing somewhere else.

"Huh? The redhead? Where's she going?"

Curiosity gaining the upper hand over common sense, he sprinted behind her.

°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°

Ruki had already entered the Digital Field. Peering around, all she saw were spider webs everywhere: covering entire trees, park seats, fences... all in all, a creepy sight.

"Ruki, watch out!!" was heard Renamon's shout.

Ruki watched helplessly as a stray shot of unknown origin blasted towards her... and then felt strong arms carrying her away, to safety.

"R-renamon?" asked a shaken Ruki, opening her eyes...

"Err, no, just Takato.... sorry about that..."

...only to stare into the Gogglehead's deep maroon eyes. It was then, that she realized the boy was holding her, one arm around her back, the other under her legs. Her mind slipped a few seconds on Young-Schoolgirl-Gear -allowing her to blush fiercely- before quickly shifting to Digimon-Queen-Gear.

"You can let go now, Goggle head... before I beat you to a pulp..."

"...huh? Oh! S-sorry! I didn't mean anything! Really!!" said Takato, blushing, stuttering, and almost dropping her like a hot potato. Luckily, he regained enough sense to not do that...

´Out of sight, out of mind...´ thought Ruki, and quickly spun from Takato, ready to analyze the Digimon that had attacked her. Nothing like a good fight to take your mind out of the gutter!

"Dokugumon...Champion level, Virus... a full level up, and type advantage... it's gonna be a hard fight...

Renamon had been using physical attack all this time, without any positive result, so she switched to Special Attacks:

"Diamond Storm!!" Yelled she, and at her command, the now familiar deadly rain of explosive crystals shot towards Dokugumon... and did nothing to harm it. Renamon was too surprised to react when the oversized spider shot it's web effectively trapping her. She was helpless to try and save Ruki from Dokugumon's next web attack...

...but Takato was not helpless. Stifling a halfway-scared gasp, he grabbed Ruki and began dodging the spider's sticky silk.

"Put me down, Gogglehead! Put me down!!!"

"Sorry, can't!! Mutant spider behind us!!"

"Eeeek!!! Run faster, Gogglehead!! Run faster!!"

Renamon watched as the young fighter ran around, dodging every web shot from Dokugumon by jumping, bouncing, twisting, ducking and dribbling, while still carrying her Tamer. Taking advantage of the Mega-Arachnid´s distraction, she broke free of the web, and Diamond Stormed the ugly arthropod's back. Turning around, Dokugumon retaliated against Renamon, thus allowing the Twin Tumbling Tamers to stop.

Ruki jumped from Takato's arms, and promptly slashed another card:

"Digi-Modify!! Snimon's Twin Sickles!!"

Now armed with the Insect Digimon's razor-sharp sickles, Renamon attacked...

"Twin Sickles!!!"

...only to have her attack blocked by Dokugumon's horns. In a sudden thrust, it lunged for Renamon, biting her with her poisonous maw, and throwing her to a nearby web. Horrified, she saw the arachnid monster turn towards the two Tamers, readying itself to shoot it's poisonous blast towards them...

...Ruki watched as Dokugumon faced her and the Gogglehead, opening it's mouth for and attack, when Takato put himself as a human shield, while holding her tightly.

"Wha-what are you doing, idiot!?!?!"

Takato just smiled a little, and closed his eyes, awaiting for Dokugumon's blast...

...which was stopped when Renamon threw herself on it's path.

With a cry of pain, she fell down, the poison already consuming her from inside...

"Renamon!!" shouted Ruki, eyes glistening. "Don't you die on me!! Don't you dare die on me!!"

"C'mon, Rena!! Hang on, don't give up!!" were Takato's encouraging, and worried words, while openly letting his tears fall. Things were looking bleak right now...

°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°

"Culu... please, don't let anything happen to Culumon's friends... please..."

As in response to his plead, the red triangle marking on his forehead began to shine...

°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°

In a flash of light, the defeated figure of Renamon grew and changed, only to be replaced with the proud, powerful body of...

"Kyuubimon!!" shouted the newly evolved Fox Digimon.

"H-how.. how did you..." Ruki was astonished: Renamon had digivolved at last! But, how was that possible?

"You did it, Ruki... your feelings gave me the power to evolve..."

Quickly turning around, Kyuubimon shot her new Fox Tail Inferno attack, burning the webs around them with ghostly balls of mystic fire, fire that Dokugumon managed to dodge.

Charging, Kyuubimon jumped high on the air, spinning over herself until she became nothing but a single, big fireball. With a shout of "Dragon Wheel!", the rolling fire took the form of a flaming flying dragon, which pounced on the Spider Digimon, deleting it almost instantly, and loading it's data.

"Kyuubimon... tell me, how did you..."

"Ruki... this evolved form, is the result of our united hearts... of the link we share... because we are partners...

Ruki stared a bit... and gave a small smirk. "Yeah, right. Whatever you say, Kyuubimon..." She still didn't want to admit she was wrong, they had time for that...

"Now, Gogglehead... about you holding me..." said Ruki, while cracking her knuckles.

"Uhh?!?!? Err... Oh, Geeze, look at the time! Mom's gonna kill me! Bye!!!" Takato decided to practice a little of running.

"Heh, pathetic..." was Ruki's comment, as she hid a small smirk. Funny boy...

Turning around from his mad sprint, Takato yelled to the two partners:

"Glad you two are okay! See you around, Kyuubi-Chan, Ruki-Chan!"

"Hey! Don't ´Chan me, Gogglehead!!" Shouted Ruki,waving a fist to his retreating back.

Kyuubimon stood silent, watching Takato running away. ´Farewell, young warrior... and thanks for protecting Ruki... again...´

"Kyuubimon? You tell anybody what happened here, and I'll be making myself a new fox fur coat..."

"..." Kyuubimon kept her dignified face, as she tried too shake off the sweat drop falling down her head.

°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°

"Humph. A real kick on the liver if ya ask me... feel like gaggin' myself..." groused a disgusted, lonely -and somewhat jealous- Impmon, as he vanished into the dark.




°@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~~@~@~@~@@~@~~@ @~@~@~@~@~@~~@



Okay, it is done... not as long or funny as usual, but, anyway... let's just review the Reviews!

To Jedi Takeru: You actually sing the "Duel of the Fates" theme? ...oookayyyy...
About this being like The Matrix: Sorry, so many bullets are beyond my budget...

To Zack: VERY VERY GRATEFUL. Thanks for the compliments! Now, I hope I'll live long enough to write till the Biomerging...

To Tsunami Wave: glad you like lit, but please let me rest for a bit... it's kinda hard to get some more up soon...

To Duo: Don't you worry, I'm hunting down those annoying misspellings with my AK-47. Soon, they'll be all gone!

To SerpentTreize: Want more insanity? Just you wait...

Himitsu the Hunter: Sorry for the Unholy Alliance... I promise you not to hang out with Khadafi anymore...

To Sora Potter and ChaosRenamon: I'm so sorry! Please don't shoot me!!

To John Surber: ...Jenrya asking himself "Why me... oh dear God WHY MEEEEE!!!" heh, I like... and you'll have to wait... unless you wanna help me write...

To Canis Black: Thank you, man. And Takato has been through enough "Abnormal Feces" to make the Normal Takato -the Matsuki one- to crawl under his bed and call for his mommy... And yeah, Xelloss it's overdone, but the reason I still use it... is a secret.

FusionBlaster: Thank-ee-ya. Obviously I cannot write faster, but I'll try to keep it up. ...you mean the fanfic, don't you... :P

To Ran: Enough medication to keep Tate-Wacky delusion-less? well, that seven-inch nail sticking from his skull must have something to do with it... Oh my, where did this hammer come from? Hey, don't kill 'Kazu yet, I still can use it! And remember: Takato is arguably the Nicest Boy on Earth and its surroundings. Foot In Mouth Disease? Nah, Mie's genes took care of that. But don't worry, we don't need the FIMD to give Taks some rivals... a bunch of pigheaded morons should do!