Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Wild Tamer ❯ The Amazing Disappearing Digimon ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]
...Okay, I know, I haven't written donkey dung for a while...

Disclaimer: I do not claim.



The Wild Tamer

By Otaku-Sama (ICQ 12832029 AIM OtakuuSama)

Chapter 9: The Amazing Disappearing Digimon.

°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°

Ruki stared at Kyuubimon, and Kyuubimon stared back. No, it wasn't a staring contest; it's just there wasn't much they could do...

'Kyuubimon said that... that she Digivolved thanks to my feelings for her... but that can't be right, can it? I mean, Digimon are just data, after all...'

Ruki was still very confused. Everything she thought to be true about Digimon, had been put on the "Things I'm Not So Sure Anymore" list, both by her partner's words, her own muffled -and normally repressed- feelings... and by the Gogglehead's attitude, too...

The Gogglehead. That was another confusing issue. Come on, someone who acted like a pansy -being nice, saying 'please' and 'thank you' all the time- was supposed to be a weakling, right? ...And yet, this somewhat emotional kid, had proved himself as specially strong -almost too strong-. A complete contrast.

The redhead had to sigh, even if she didn't really want to -sighing was for wusses, she always had thought-, because things didn't make sense anymore, and this situation just didn't help her to get out of her confusion.

Well, as she ever said: 'When in Doubt, Kick Butt'. She had time to work out this tangle some other time...

°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°

"Ah, what a nice day!"

Yep, that was Takato: cheerful, optimist, smiley Takato. After all, the sun was shining, the birds were chirping, it was still six months before the start of the next Godzilla Season, and he had his Digi-Pal, his Partner, his Friend, his Amigo... you know, Guilmon. And now, he was on his way to visit his friend, and give him his daily Big Bag O' Bread. What could go wrong?

"Mmmh, not a single cloud on the sky.... wonder where did that Ominous Roll of Thunder came from... oh, well!"

Without worries, he leapt up the stairs towards Guilmon's House.

"Hey Guilmoooon! I'm hee-" Slam!!!

"Takato-mooon!! Hii!!! Kato-mon has bread?!?!?"

"...yeah, Guil... now, please get offame..."

"Okee.-dokee!!"

As Guilmon jumped off his Tamer -taking the Big Bag O' Bread with him-, Takato uttered a small chuckle -at the same time he realigned his spine.-

"Heh, you sure are full of energy, Guil... how did you sleep?"

"Graomp gurgle slurp!"

"...okay, I'll wait till you finish eating..."

"Gulp! Guilmon's finished! What did 'Kato-mon say?"

"I asked how did you sleep, Guil." Said Takato with a smile.

"...uh, Guilmon's not sure... Felt as if Guilmon was somewhere else, and saw weeeeird things, and couldn't walk, and it was aaaall white... Was Guilmon on drugs?"

"...Whaaat?!?! Where did you hear that word!!"

"...Guilmon don't know? Anyway, what was that Guilmon did?"

"...I think you were dreaming, Guil... yeah, that must be it!" 'Just were is Guil getting his education from?! Oh yeah, Dad and me..'

"Oooooh... so that's a dream... weird..."

"...Yeah, dreams can be very weird..." 'Specially when you dream of redheaded Tamers before you meet them, and later you DO meet them...'

"C'mon, Guil, let's go for a walk, okay?"

"Yeah, let's go!"

And off they went. Fortunately it was still early, so there weren't many people in the park yet.

"Heh, it's funny, Guil... before I met you, I was always waking up late for school and-Guilmon!!!"

Takato watched, consternate, as a part of Guilmon's tail became translucent and fuzzy, like a static-filled image.

"'Kato-mon.... Guilmon feels weird..."

Not wasting more time, Takato grabbed Guilmon's claw and yanked his partner towards himself. Relieved, he noted Guilmon's body return to normal.

'...just what the heck's happening here....'

°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°|

Some hours later, Takato was at school, pondering on the morning's mystery. When he had talked to Jenrya about it, his new friend hadn't been too comforting... 'maybe Digimon can't stay forever in our world... maybe Guilmon will have to return to the Digital domain... sorry, Takato, I don't have another explanation...'

Not even Terriermon's attempts to lighten the goggle headed Tamer's mood had worked out right. Go figure.

The only reason that our hero wasn't wallowing in fear and depression was his encounter with his friend Juri-Chan. Heh, such a good friend, acting silly to make him forget his fears... wonder how she makes her glasses fog over like that...

The Son of Ranma had come to a conclusion. This was a problem about Digimon, and who was the recognized authority on Digimon that also was a Tamer? Yeah, you guessed...

°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°

Naoko walked down the street with her three friends. They were chatting away like most ten year old girls did; that is, school work, clothes, and boys.
Yeah, boys their age were all immature jerks... why couldn't they be more like, like...

"... Excuse me, ladies... can you help me?"

...like THIS one!! What a cuuuutieeee!!! Handsome face, wild brown hair, funky goggles atop his head -some fashion statement, of course-, and the deepest maroon eyes Naoko had ever seen... and what a bod!

"...S-s-sure!! I'll help you! What do you want? Anything!"

"Thank you so much! I was fearing I would be lost around here!" Said Takato, while giving his sweetest Saotome Smile.

Naoko made a conscious effort not to drool all over herself. "N-no p-problem... what can I do for you...?" 'Or what can you do to me, beefcake...'

"Uuhh, well... I'm looking for a person, you know, that may live around here... has red hair, violet eyes..."

"...yeah, sure, we know lotsa redhead boys around here!"

"Oh, no, she's not a boy, she's a girl! Her name's Ruki, and wears a T-Shirt with a purple broken heart... do you know her?"

"...R-ruk-ki? Ma-ma-kin-no Ru-ki?" This Adonis was looking for 'Nutcracker' Makino?!?! Why?!?!?!?!

"Yeah, Ruki. I hope you can help me find where she lives..."

Naoko sighed. Go figure, all the good ones were taken or had a death wish. But he had asked soo nicely... how could she lie to him?

"...down this street for five blocks, turn left, three blocks, then right. Big house with stone wall. Can't miss it."

"Thank you so much, miss! If you ever need my help and I'm around, I'll be glad to help you. Bye!"

And he left the four girls behind, enjoying their sigh-fest. Suddenly, Naoko started.

"Wait a minute... was there a red dinosaur with that guy...? Naaaahh..."

°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°
"I'm only going to explain this one more time so do try to pay attention. The network of interlinked electronic devices
around the world; the Internet, the Stock Markets, and even wire-less communications, has essentially created a whole new plain of
existence... A digital plain. This system, Hypnos, monitors that world and records every exchange of information across it, looking for
anything out of the ordinary. Now, is there any question you want to ask?"

"Well, there's one thing that's been bothering me for a while, Mr. Yamaki..."

"And that would be..."

"...What's with the ´Men In Black´ look!? Were you in some Cosplay convention as Agent K or something?!"

Yamaki Tetsuo reminded himself why he hated facefaults. They were undignified, and hurt like hell...

°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°|°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°l

"...let's see... five blocks, left... one block... two blocks... three blocks... hey, Rena-Chan! What's up!"

Renamon stumbled from the shadowed corner where she hid. How did he...

"... I am well..."

"That's nice to hear, Rena-Chan... you had me really worried when that Dokugumon blasted you..."

"Ahem, what are you doing flirting with Renamon, Gogglehead...?"

"Hey, Ruki-Chan! Just the girl I was looking for!" said Takato with a wide and totally innocent smile.

Ruki blinked. Okay, that was new...

°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°

"...and that's the story. I was scared stiff when Guilmon began to go all fuzzy... I don't know what I would do if he left me..."

Ruki glanced at Renamon for a second, then returned her stare to the Gogglehead. She didn't know, either... not anymore...

"I don't think I have an answer for you Gogglehead...why don't you-"

"Ruki? Are you home, Granddaughter?"

Takato started. An adult! And Guilmon was on plain sight! They couldn't see him!

Ruki started. Granma! And a Boy was on plain sight! She couldn't see him!

Takato grabbed Guilmon, lifted over his head, and began running around, looking for a hiding place.

"Gaaah! Gotta hide him! Gotta Hide Him! Gotta Hide- There!!"

With a heavy grunt, he managed to propel a giggling Guilmon over the porch's tiled roof, just in time to see an elder -but still attractive- woman enter the den.

"Here you are, Ruki! Why didn't you answer- Oh, hello there, young man! I didn't know we had visitors! Is this boy your friend, Granddaughter?"

Ruki slapped her forehead. Should have hidden the Gogglehead instead of Dino-Boy... it was less embarrassing to explain a red dinosaur than a boy...

"Gogglehead, this is my grandma, Hata Seiko. Grandma, this is Gogglehead, he's not my friend, and he was leaving anyway."

"Uuhh, nice to meet you, Ma'am. I'm Saotome Takato." Said Taks, while bowing formally.

"Nice to meet you, young man. Now, if you excuse me, I have some errands to run. Goodbye, and I hope to see you around often!"

"Sure thing, Ma'am. Goodbye."

Once Seiko was off hearing range...

"Hey, Guilmon? You hear me buddy? You can come -SLAM!!- ...down... ouchies..."

"'Kato-mon? The ground feel soft..."

Renamon and Ruki sweat dropped.

°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°

"W ell, thank you both for having us around, Rena-Chan, Ruki-Chan! Bye!" and the boys, Tamer and Digimon, trotted away.

"Hey, Gogglehead!! You call me 'Chan again, and I kick your sorry butt 'till it falls off! You hear me?!?!"

To emphasize her point, she made a quite passable high kick.

"....mmmh, try leaning a bit more on your waist..."

"...uh?" said a puzzled Ruki, confused enough that she actually complied...

"...and when completing the kick, try to use the outside of your foot... yeah, like that! Perfect! You can learn martial arts really fast, I bet! Bye, Ruki-Chan!"

Ruki tried a few times her new improved kick.

"...what do you know, it actually works- Hey!!! He called me Ruki-Chan again!!! Gogglehead!!!!!"

°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°

"Chief Yamaki, we found an abnormal surge of random uncompiled data on the Net, and it's having an associated
effect on the Real World...possible point of contact undetermined, but it's highly probable that the phenomenon will take effect on Shinjuku."

"I see. Keep me informed." said Yamaki, as he left the Hypnos Mainframe Room.

"...Where do you think he went, Megumi?"

"...I don't know... getting together with Agent J maybe?"

"...You are weird, Megumi..."

"I know!!"

°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&de g;°°°°°°°°°°°

It was already nighttime when Takato and Guilmon were walking back to the park.

"...You know, Guil... we've been together for so little time...but we're been through so much already... man, I don't know what
I'd do if you leave me..."

"But 'Kato-mon, Guilmon won't go away! Guilmon stay with 'Kato-mon aaaall the time!"

Takato smiled. He could count on Guilmon to cheer him up...

"Thanks, buddy, I'll always be by your side, too-Guilmon!!!!!!!"

Guilmon was once again fuzzy, but now the fuzziness was spreading rapidly all over his body. He couldn't move, and had an
apprehensive look on his eyes...

"Guil!! Hang on! I'm coming!!" Takato tried to pull Guilmon out of oblivion like that morning, but his hands passed through Guilmon's
now transparent body.

"'kato-mooonnn..." said Guilmon a last time, before vanishing completely.

Takato fell on his knees, stunned. This can't be happening, this can't be happening, this can't....

"Guilmoon!! Where are you!!" cried Takato, his desperate voice almost chocking over, his eyes trailing tears, and a faint green aura
surrounding his body...

"..n-no.. no! No!!" Shouted he in grief and desperate rage, punching the concrete of the walkway, leaving a web of cracks on the
rock-solid surface, the green aura vanishing from sight.

His hair covering his downcast eyes, he began sobbing softly... until a beeping sound snapped him into attention.

Grabbing the D-Ark that hung from his neck, he watched it's screen, and saw the compass' red arrow intermittently point to a door,
behind a fence. On it's side, a small sign that said "West Shinjuku Rain Flood Control System - Aqueduct One."

°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°°°°°°°°°°°°°° °°

"Oniichaan!! You got phooone!!"

"On my way, Shuichon! Hello, Lee Jenrya speaking..."

"Jen, this is Takato! I need your help!"

°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°

"Dear, I'm worried about Takato... he hasn't come to dinner..."

Ranma looked on Mie's way, nodded once, then closed his eyes. Mie watched as her husband glowed a whitish hue for
a few seconds, while turning his head towards the park.

"He's okay, Mie. He's a little upset about something, but he has faith on solving whatever the problem is... and his new
friend Jenrya's going to meet him..."

"...you know we could get him a cell phone, instead of you using you Ki-sense to feel his emotions, you know..."

"...but my Ki-Sense is cheaper than a cell phone!"

"...point taken. Want more rice?"

°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Gra ndma, what are you doing...?"

"Oh, just passing the time, honey... Yeah! Take that! Heat hot lead, Hunter!!"

Ruki sweat dropped. Seeing her grandma chatting away was one thing, but how did she get into playing Quake 3 Arena?!

"Err... I think somebody's knocking the door... I'll go see..." 'The faster I get away from Quaker Granny, the better...'

She went to the door to see who was bothering her... and at this time!!

"Okay, what do you- Gogglehead?!?!?"

"Ruki-Chan, we need your help..."

Ruki was still too weirded out to notice the 'Chan...

°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°&d eg;°°|

"Chief Yamaki, every tracer we have sent to the anomaly has been absorbed, and we have been unable to format or delete it! We
keep getting 'Abort, Retry, Ignore' messages!!"

'Damn you, Gates... I should never have bought that Windows 2000 crap...' "I'll take care of it, Megumi. I have just the right tool..."

"The Neuralizer?"

"Enough with the 'Men In Black' jokes already!!!!! I'm going to use my Yuggoth program from my Palm!"

"...sir? You know the use of unauthorized software is forbidden..."

"I know what I'm doing! I modified my Palm for this kind of jobs! It has state-of-the-art technology! It even runs on Linux!"

"...ooookay.... you're the boss, Chief Yamaki..." said Reika while sweatdropping. Really, what did she see on this nutjob, anyway?

"Of course I am! Now, where's my USB cable..."

°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°< br>
Inside the tunnel, the Three Riders followed their D-Arks compass. After seeing their respective Digimon under the effect of
the 'Fuzzy Image Effect', both Ruki and Jenrya knew they had to do something, and at the moment, that something was finding Guilmon
and getting him back. Also, it was decided that the place was too dangerous to let the Digimon near, and both Renamon and Terriermon
were told to leave the place.

"...I could be in my house, in my futon, classifying my Cards, but noooo! I had to follow the Gogglehead!!"

"...I'm sorry, Ruki-Chan... I didn't mean to bother you, but I didn't know who else to turn to..."

"...call me 'Chan again, and I'll choke you with your own Goggles..."

"Calm down you two! We have more important things to do!"

"You're right, Jen-Hey! What's that white thing!"

In front of them, was the Realized portion of the Data Anomaly, pulsating on it's white chaotic light. And Takato's D-Ark pointed right into it!

"...Takato, how are we getting inside that... that thing?!"

"Yeah Gogglehead! There's no way in!"

Takato gripped his D-Ark on a death grip. Not turning around, he spoke to his tamer Colleagues:

"I don't care if there's no way in! I'll make one if I need to! My friend's in there, and I WILL get him back!!"

Suddenly, Takato's D-Ark began glowing a bright red. He stared at it for a second, then thrusted it towards the Anomaly. A crimson
ray of light shot forwards. The Tamers, seeing this, did as Takato did, and two more beams -blue and green- joined Takato's red one.

Where the three beams impacted the Anomaly, a portal was opened, and into it the Tamers ran. Inside was a chaotic world of
glowing clouds, without up, down or gravity. Takato pushed himself forward as if swimming, and his partners joined him. It wasn't long before he could see...

"Guilmon!! I'm Coming, Buddy! Ruki, Jenrya! Throw me towards him!!"

°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° ;°°°°

'Thank you for installing Yuggoth for Windows 2000! Do you want to run the program now? Y/N'

Yamaki smirked as he selected 'Y'.

°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°°°°°°°°°°& deg;°°°°°

"What's happening!" Yelled Ruki, as part of the threads that imprisoned Guilmon started to dissolve into raw data bytes.

"I don't know, but Takato and Guilmon are in danger!" responded Jenrya. Dammit, why did thingds always change for the worse!

Takato had reached Guilmon, and as the white threads kept on dissolving towards the Dinosaur, Takato began tearing them from his
partners body with his own hands. And just in time: as the last of the threads was thrown away, it dissolved into nothingness.

"Ta...kato...moon... came for me....?"

"Of course, Guil!" said an exhilarated Takato, while hugging his partner. "You're my friend! I won't anything keep you from me!"

Both partners began glowing a soft but visible red hue, that shot from them towards the exit portal, and became a solid path.
Now with a solid foothold, the entire rescue party sprinted out of the collapsing Anomality... and just on time, because it disappeared as soon as they
stepped out of it. Soon, they all were outside the Aqueduct.

"Okay, it has been fun... not. Don't bother me anymore with your problems, got that?"

"Sure thing! But anyway, I want to thank you all for helping us. Dad says. 'Don't ever forget those who have helped you on the past, because they are so few.' Anything you need from me, I'll be happy to help you."

"Don't worry, Takato. Terriermon and I are your friends, and this is the least we could do." "Momentai, 'Kato-mon! That's right!"

"Again, thank you, but we have to leave now... Hey Guil, why don't you go to your hut? You must be exhausted..."

"Yawn, Guilmon's almost asleep... G'bye 'kato-mon... G'bye, Every-mon..." and Guilmon stumbled home, where he collapsed and fell asleep promptly.

"Yeah, I'm leaving too. Goodbye, Jen, Ter! Goodbye, Rena-Chan, Ruki-Chan!" and takato was off, sprinting home.

"How many times do I have to tell you!!! Don't call me 'Chan!!!!!! And you two don't laugh!!!"

"Momentai, Ruki-Chan!!"

"...I'm in the mood for stewed rabbit right now...."

"Eeeep!!! Jen, let's run!!!!"

"What happened with 'Momentai', Terriermon!?!?!?" "Momentai my horn!! I ain't no main course!!! You just run!!!"

Ruki just smirked evilly. Renamon just kept silent. Everything's right with the world.



@#~@~@~@@~@~@~@~@@~@~@~@~@~@~@~~@@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~ @~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~

Ha! And you thought I had already abandoned the story, huh? C'mon, I know you did...