Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ This Changes Everything ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This Changes Everything
By Archangel Bloodraven.

AN: After "Who Will Pray For Me?", I had to do something happy so here's my latest work. This takes place ten years after the 'destined have returned to the real world.

Kari slumped dejectedly onto the park bench shivering in the cool night air.

"Bad date?" A familiar voice asked draping a jacket over her slender bare shoulders.

"Thanks TK." She said as he sat beside her. "The captain of the football team took me up to Lookout Point."

"You mean Make Out Point." He snorted.

"Yeah, well, he got insulted when I wouldn't play along. He left me up there and I had to walk back.

"You need a different kind of man." TK said bluntly.

"What kind of man?" She asked.

"If you need someone who will promise you blue skies
If you think old-fashioned love's out of style
You've probably got the wrong guy
But if you need someone
to walk through fire for you..."

"Yes. Go ahead." Kari urged sincerely interested.

"I'm just the man to do it, don't think I won't"

He admonished as she chuckled.

"I mean what I say and I say what I feel.
I'll love you till my name is carved in stone,
Baby don't think I won't, 'cause I will"

Kari looked at her old friend, really seeing him for the first time. At nineteen, he was ruggedly handsome with broad shoulders and brown eyes that always looked like he'd just heard a joke, but his spirit was as kind and selfless as it had been in the digiworld. He'd had his pick of women ranging from the popular to the quiet, but he'd turned them all down, as though he was waiting for someone special.

And now Kari thought she knew who.

He continued,

"Your heart's been left to hurt by lovers runnin' scared
But whenever you reach out for me, I'm gonna be there
And if you need someone who will spend his life lovin' you..."

He paused to brush a stray lock of hair out of her eyes.

"I'm just the man to do it, don't think I won't.
I mean what I say and I say what I feel
I'll love you till my name is carved in stone
Baby don't think I won't, 'cause I will"

"Takeru, would you like to be my date for the Midnight Madness Masquerade Ball at school this Friday?"

"Nothing would please me more." He said as she lay her head in his lap.

~*~ "

Good for you TK." Sora whispered as she dialed her cell phone. "Hey Tai, it's me. I found Kari."

"Is she okay?" He asked anxiously from the the other end of the line.

Sora looked at the young couple on the bench. "She couldn't be in better hands." The older girl said melting back into the shadows.

~*~

That's it for now. "Don't Think I Won't" By Mark Wills is from his Wish You Were Here album