Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ This Changes Everything ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This Changes Everything V
By Archangel Bloodraven.

"Tai this is so sudden." Sora said. "I don't know what to say."

"I don't expect an answer now." Tai said. "And this isn't some ploy to win you back. I love you, and your happiness means more to me than anything else in the world. I know it may not seem like I care, but I really do. Take your time, and no matter what your decision, I'll always be your friend." With that he turned and walked away.

~*~

Two weeks later the 'destined met together at the same soda shop Tai and TK had been in that fateful night.

"Attention." Joe said tapping his glass with a spoon. "As you know Mimi and I have been going steady for a year and a half now. That is no longer the case."

Mimi paused a moment then held up her hand to show a beautiful diamond ring. "We're getting married!"

"Oh my God! Congratulations!" Kari squealed. "TK and I have news too. You may have heard that we broke up." She leaned over and kissed him.

"However, rumors of our relationship's demise have been greatly exaggerated" TK said.

"I have an announcement." Sora said. "Two weeks ago a question was put before me. I thought long and hard and talked to all concerned parties, and the answer is..." She paused to slip Tai's wedding ring on her finger. "Yes, I will."

"Oh Sora you've made me the happiest man on earth!" He cried hugging her.

"Say! Let's make it a double wedding!" Joe said.

"I call best man!" TK said.

"Actually Izzy, you're my best friend and I'd be honored if you served as my best man."

"I'm as good as there." Izzy said.

"Sora, why don't we be bridesmaid's for each other?" Mimi suggested.

"Better. We'll each be the other's maid of honor!"

"Oh this is gonna be perfect!" Kari squealed happily, then she sobered.

"What's wrong?" Sora asked.

"Who's gonna give you away? The father of the bride always does that and..." She trailed off.

"I thought about that myself. Joe, you've always been like a father to me, since the digiworld I mean. Would you..."

"For you Kamiya Sora, anything." He said.

"This is going to rock!" TK said enthusiastically. "Who's gonna be your best man, Tai?"

"You of course silly."

"If he's gonna be there, then I'm gonna be there!" Kari shouted a little too loudly.

"Settle down girl." Sora laughed as TK pulled her into into his lap. "Speaking of being there, why isn't Matt here?"

TK paled. "Oh no. He said he was going to run some errands, then hit the Jewelers. He said there was going to be a big change soon."

"You don't think..." Tai trailed off.

"I better go." She said. "I'll call."

~*~

At 6:00 that evening, there was a knock on Sora's door. She opened it to find Matt standing there with a bouquet of roses in one hand, and a diamond ring in the other. "Sora I practiced so many ways of saying this, but this is the only one that came out right. Sora, will you marry me?"

Sora closed her eyes. She couldn't watch his heart break.

"Well you and I
We're buddies
And we've been since we first met
Me and you
Well we've sure been through
Our share of laughter and regret

Lord knows we've had our bad days
And more than once we've disagreed
But you've always been a friend to me

You can be so stubborn
There's times I think you just like to fight
And I hope and pray
I live to see a day
When you say I might be right

And there's times I'd rather kill you
Than listen to your honesty
But you've always been a friend to me

You've always been
Time and again
The one to take my hand
And show to me it's okay to be
Just the way I am
With no apology

Oh you've always been
And you will 'til God knows when
Yes you've always been a friend to me.

I'm sorry Matt. I love Tai and I'm marrying him."

~*~

How's Matt gonna take this? Find out next time. "A Friend To Me." is from Garth Brooks's Seven's Album