Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ This Changes Everything ❯ Chapter 8

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This Changes Everything VII
By Archangel Bloodraven.

Drove to the church
In my suit and tie
But I just couldn't bring myself
To go inside

"Aren't you coming, Oniichan?"

"No you go ahead TK." Matt said sitting behind the wheel. "It'd be too awkward."

"Okay." TK said as Matt straightened his tie.

"TK, I love you man."

TK bit his lip sensing something off. Then he leaned in through the window and hugged his brother. "I love you too, Oniichan. Don't do anything stupid, 'kay?" Matt just nodded and waved him on.

So I sat alone
In my truck across the street
Watched that chauffeur smokin' cigarettes
By that long white limousine

I could just imagine
What was goin' on in there
Sunlight screamin' through the stained glass
And those flowers in her hair

"Sora why?" Matt asked himself for the hundreth time.

And in less time than it takes a tear to fall
Those bells rang loud as thunder
As they opened up the doors
Now I don't have to wonder anymore

Laughin' and a cryin'
Tossin' that bouquet

Matt couldn't help but laugh as TK and Kari each caught one of the bouquets. Look's like he'd be back here again before too long.


And when you got in that limo
I drove off the other way

"Sora, wasn't that Matt?" Tai asked as the limousine was passed by a dark green truck.

"Yeah. I wonder why he didn't come in."

Matt just drove blindly, wanting to be anywhere but here. Somehow fate lead him to the river where he had first mourned over Sora's rejection.


And I still don't know
Why things happened like they did
But I parked that old pickup
On that lonesome river bridge

Matt killed the engine and opened the glove box. Inside was a ring box. The ring. Her ring, damn it! Not much good to him now.

I took your ring from my pocket
An d I held it one last time
Watched that diamond sparkle
I drew back and I let her fly

And in less time than it takes to tear to fall
Oh that old ring went under
Lord, and now it's gone for sure
No and I don't have to wonder anymore

His life wasn't much good to him now.


Well the angels sang like thunder
As I felt myself go under
Now I don't have to wonder anymore

~*~

Epilogue

Two weeks later the digidestined were again gathered at the church, not for the joyous union of a wedding, but for the solemn parting of a funeral.

A fisherman had found Matt's body with late afternoon catch. The body had been turned over to the police who ruled his demise as a suicide by drowning. TK had identified the body and now the young man stood weeping on Kari's shoulder.

Matt was buried, even though he had told TK that he wanted his body creamated. TK just couldn't bring himself to turn his brother into cold lifeless ash on a shelf, so they chipped in to buy him a simple headstone, with only his name and dates. As Kari had said at his funeral, "He was not a good man or a bad man. Just a simple man trying to do his best."

Ten years later history repeated itself as TK and Izzy married Kari and Miyako respectively in their own double wedding. Kari is now expecting twin boys which she plans to name Koushiro and Taichi.

Relationships were strained between Sora and TK, who still blames her for his brothers death, but they try to be civil and for the most part succeed. Sora and Tai have a daughter named Sokari, after the leading women in Tai's life, and a boy named Yamato in his memory.

Joe and Mimi were a little discouraged when they found that Mimi couldn't have children, but that changed when Izzy and Miyako realized they could only keep two of their three triplets. Now their adopted daughter Mira often visits with her matching counterparts, Sakura and Minako at "Uncle" Izzy's house. One day they'll tell her the truth, when she's ready.

Once a year the destined gather together to celebrate aniversaries, funerals, and the general changing of their lives. Their weddings, Matt's death and the birth of five of their seven children took place on October first.

The same day they went to the digiworld all those years ago.

~*~

Kari: You did it again, Arch.
A.B.: Yeah I know. I just can't seem to keep everyone alive in my fanfics. Why don't you wrap this up?
Kari: Okay. *ahem* This concludes the songfic series "This Changes Everything." by Archangel Bloodraven. The song "Don't Have to Wonder Anymore" is from Garth Brooks's album Sevens. Archangel Bloodraven does not own Digimon: Digital Monsters and is making no money from this series. I'm his Muse Hikari Kamiya saying so long.