Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ This Day Sucks. ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
I despise Valentine's Day. But I am not bitter, noooo... anyway... Daisuke hates it too. Basically this was just my chance to take one hell of a swipe at Daisuke fan girls. 'Dai Dai.' Oy gevalt or however you spell that word. And there's Takari in there because duh, it's a V-Day fic after all.
Contrary to the other fics uploaded, Valentines Day in Japan is different than it is in the US. Girls give stuff to boys, and usually just to people they're very close to. Well, it's typically girl-boy anyway. There's another holiday they're trying to make catch on where boys give stuff to girls, but so far it's been pretty unsuccessful. That's your culture lesson for today.
Digimon not owned by me, this is just a fic, la la la...

The wind was cold as it blew through the city streets, pulling tiny snowflakes with it. Out in front of Odaiba High, the courtyard was full of students milling around before classes started.
Two blocks away, three students made their way down the sidewalk. One was a tall blonde kid, wearing a white bucket hat settled snuggly over his ears. Another was a short brunette with pink streaks in her hair. In the middle was a scruffy kid with his hair dyed red, looking utterly pissed off and complaining, as was his usual practice.
"I hate this day. I really do."
"Do you now? And why is that, Daisuke?" the blonde smirked a bit.
"Because!" Daisuke melodramatically held up his finger. He pointed at the brunette, then at the boy. "Hikari. Takeru. Two people. In love. No problem there. Only two."
Takeru nodded. "Okay... I follow you so far..."
"Daisuke. One person. No girlfriend. Daisuke and..." sweeping his arm in front of him, he gestured to the population of the school before them.
Laughing, the blonde nudged his friend. "Oh, get over yourself. You're telling me the entire school is chasing after you."
"Damn straight. Okay, okay, not the entire school. Just most of it. Most of the female population. And some of the male. I tell you, though, we got some hot guys at this school..."
"Daisukeeeeeeeee!" a shrill voice cut across the quad, causing all three to stop.
"Oh God. It's started all ready," Daisuke moaned.
"Dai Dai Dai Dai Dai!" the voice shrieked again, getting increasingly louder and higher pitched until a small girl slammed into him from behind, wrapping her arms around his waist. "Dai Dai, I came aaaaall this way just for you! Aren't you proud of me?"
Daisuke, an easy two and a half feet taller than the girl, grinned weakly down at her. "Hey... Lorie... all this way, huh... You'll be late for school."
"I don't care! I'd cross the WORLD for you Dai Dai!"
"Heh. Heh. Aren't you a devoted little..."
"I brought you chocolate! Just for you! Here!" Lorie thrust out a box at him and stared until, sighing and muttering under his breath, he took it. "Great! You have to kiss me now!"
"I... what?"
"Dai Dai, you're so silly!" she beamed happily. "That's how it goes! I gave you chocolate and now you have to kiss me!"
"I... I... o-oh dear." Daisuke turned his gaze on Takeru, pleading for an excuse to run like hell away from his fan girl.
Takeru nodded and held out his wrist. "Oh my God. We are so late. We must run to make it to class or we will no doubt get months of detention. Oh my God," he rambled in a very unconvincing monotone.
"Well gee! Have to take a rain check on that kiss! Bye Lorie!" Daisuke spun around and fled towards the building with his two friends in tow.
"Who is that?" Hikari asked him as they ran, the first words she'd said all morning.
"That is Lorie. She is 11, she knows my little cousin, and she is in love with me."
"You cradle snatcher, you," Takeru grinned as they slid into the building.
"Shut up."
"Okay, okay, I'm sorry.... Dai Dai."
"Shut uuuuuuup!"
"Daisuke! I've been looking for you all morning!"
"Not again..." the boy groaned, turning around. "Jesus Mary Joseph on a mother frickin' holy crutch."
Takeru turned to see what his friend was gawking at, and almost fell over. "What in the..."
At least twenty girls stood behind the trio, all beaming brightly at Daisuke. "Dai Dai, we all want to give you a present but I told them that I get to go first and..." the blonde who had spoken first started to babble on.
"Holy..." Daisuke whimpered. "I... I think I have to get to class..." he inched back a few steps. "It's... a nice thought, girls, but ummm... Oh... God..."
Takeru was shoved roughly out of the way as the flood of high school fan girls raced after Daisuke, who turned and ran like all get out down the crowded hallway. He chuckled, turning to Hikari. "I guess he was right. Most of the female population does want him."
Hikari watched the boy who was the star of the track team just barely manage to stay ahead of all the girls as he ran. "Hmm. Obsessive little girls have a lot of motivation," she mumbled. "See you later, TK. I have to go upstairs for chem."
Scowling, Takeru headed on to his own class. Hikari was his girlfriend. Typically, that meant she was supposed to give him a present. It was Valentine's Day, after all. But she'd hardly even spoken two words to him this morning. Hell, she'd talked more to Daisuke than she had to him. It wasn't that he was being greedy - he didn't care if she'd gotten him anything or not. It was the fact that she wouldn't even look at him that was bothering him.
With a sigh, he slumped down into his seat. Whatever it was, she'd get over it.

The day went slow, as always. As lunch hour crawled into view, Takeru became more optimistic. "She's just trying to psych me out! That's it," he told himself, settling on the bleachers outside and opening his lunch. "She's going to have some excellent surprise for me."
Hurrying up came the easily identifiable figure of Daisuke, who was desperately trying to hide himself by holding a hand over his face.
"Dais... your hair gives you away."
Plopping down next to his friend, Daisuke reached over and swiped the blonde's hat, pulling it down on his head so that it almost hid his eyes from sight. "I hate this day," he hissed. "Hide me. Please hide me. And hey, let me get a hit off that soda."
Takeru smiled and handed over the bottle of liquid caffeine. "You're such a lady killer. How come I've never seen these fan girls before?"
"Because you're not very observant?" the other boy raised an eyebrow, slamming back a long drink. "They're the ones that are always like, 'Oh I love your hair!' every single freaking day."
"Oh, those girls. I guess I just tuned them out."
"Yeah, I usually do to. But when they're all running at you screaming, 'Oh Dai Dai take the chocolate take the present GIVE ME A MOTHER FORKIN' KISS!' you can't ignore it anymore." He took another drink as Takeru laughed. "Where's Hikari?"
"Oh. I don't know. She's been avoiding me today. I think she's trying to make me think she doesn't have a present, and then she's going to bust out with something super awesome, you know?" Takeru swiped the bottle back. "Gah, Dais... now it's all backwash-y."
"I bet you could sell it to my fan girls for ungodly amounts of money."
"Hey, now there's an idea!"
"I want half the profits... it's my saliva anyway."
"Hi, guys," Hikari sat down on the bleacher row below them, blinking up at the two. The skies were cloudy but still bright, and she had the squint a little. "Dai-sama? Umm, why are you wearing Takeru's hat?"
"Shh. I'm in disguise! Incognito! Camouflage! Masquerading! Hiding! Obscured from view!" replied the walking thesaurus.
She blinked. "Uhh, okay. Whatever you say, Daisuke."
"Hey, that rhymed! That was cool!" Hikari smiled at him, then fell silent and stared down at the lunch on her lap. Takeru cleared his throat. Daisuke looked back and forth between his two friends, shoving the hat up a bit to clear his vision. "Hmm. It's too quiet."
"Bah humbug," Hikari mumbled under her breath.
"Hi-chan, I dunno if you're allowed to say bah humbug on Valentines Day. I do think you're allowed to say, "SCREEEEEEEEW YOU! YOU BASTARD!'" Daisuke yelled across the quad.
"THERE HE IS!" a girl shrieked, pointing in their direction.
"Oh, dammit!" Daisuke ripped the hat off his head and handed it back to Takeru. "Embellish on it a little, Hikari. Be creative, improvise. Excuse me now, for I must run for my life from the God forsaken fan girls." Leaping from the bleachers, he took off again, followed by a swarm of girls all screaming, "DAI DAI!"
Hikari smiled after him. "Poor thing." She turned to Takeru and started to say something, then paused. "Umm... I need to go. I have stuff I have to do."
"Hikari, wait. What's going on today? Why are you avoiding me?" Takeru reached over and caught her by the wrist.
"I'm not avoiding you," she wrenched her arm away. "I'm just busy. Bye."
"Wait. Hikari!" he called after her as she fled from the bleachers. "God. What's her problem today?"


"Hey, Dais, can I talk to you for a second?" Takeru asked his friend as he sat down next to him in trigonometry.
"Yeah, go for it. Just a second." The darker boy turned in his chair and glared at the girls who had been whispering his name over and over again trying to get his attention. "Hi. Yeah. I'm GAY, okay? Thank you." He turned back around, the fan girls now silenced. "Okay, Takeru, shoot."
TK stared at him for a long moment. "Dude. You just..." he started laughing, scratching his forehead. "You're the coolest person I know."
"I'm the coolest person I know, too. And I'm so modest," Daisuke grinned. "Come on, tell me what's going on. What'd you want to talk to me about?"
"Oh, yeah, right. I almost forgot. Have you noticed that Hikari's been avoiding me today?"
"Yup."
"Do you know why?"
"Yup."
"Why?"
"Not telling."
"Dais..." the blonde groaned. "Come on. At least hint or something." Daisuke shook his head. "Dammit, Daisuke-kun, don't mess with me today. I'm really nervous."
"Sorry, kiddo. I can't tell. And geez, don't call me kun. Just because I know what's wrong with your girlfriend and you don't doesn't mean I'm lower than you are."
"Okay, fine. Dammit, you bastard."
"Better."
"Can I guess? Would you tell me if I was right?"
Daisuke thought for a minute. "Hmm... well, I guess that would be okay. I wouldn't be telling you. And you probably won't guess anyway so... okay, go for it."
"Does she have some big surprise for me?"
"Nope."
"Is she mad at me?"
"Nope."
"Is she going to break up with me?"
Pausing, Daisuke thought again. "Hmm."
"Don't even screw with me, Dais."
"Okay, okay, sorry. No, she's not going to break up with you. Well, not yet anyway."
"Not yet? Good Lord, what did I do to her?" Takeru blinked.
"Nothing. Gah. Takeru, just ask your girlfriend yourself."
The other boy sighed in exasperation. "I did ask her. And she said nothing was wrong, she was just busy, and ran away."
"What? That lying whore!"
"Hey, she's still my girlfriend."
"It was a joke," Daisuke raised one eyebrow. "Look. This day is just weird for her. She's thinking about things. Things she needs to talk to you about and not me like she has been. I was up all of last night with her."
"You were up all night with my GIRLFRIEND?"
"Oh, sit down and shut up, you moron. Not like that."
"Oh."
"She's scared, okay? That's all I'll say." Daisuke turned back towards the front of the room as class started, ignoring the confused look he was being fixed with.

Last class of the day. Economics, a class Takeru had with Hikari. He didn't even attempt conversation with her before class started, and hardly glanced in that general direction all hour. But when the bell rang, he reached out and snagged her wrist, holding her until the classroom was empty. Then he let go. "What's going on, Hikari? Tell me. Please. No more excuses, okay?"
The girl stared at him quietly for a long moment, then sighed and sat back down in her desk. "Takeru... I'm sorry I've been avoiding you all day. I've just been thinking, that's all."
"Yes, so I've heard."
"You've heard? Daisuke, you prick, I'll kill you..."
"He didn't say much else."
Sighing, Hikari shoved brown hair out of her eyes. "I was just wondering. You're the only person I've ever dated, you know, and I was trying to decide if there was something out there I didn't know about. The other guys, you know."
"I know. Did you make up your mind?"
"Well... Daisuke tried to talk to me about it and..." she was cut off as Takeru leaned in and kissed the words from her mouth. "Nnn," she protested shortly, then shut her eyes and kissed back. When the kiss ended, she sat back and blinked once. "Yeah. I've made up my mind." Hikari reached into her backpack and held out a box to Takeru. "I'm sorry."
"Don't apologize for it. I'm happy now."
The door slammed shut and Daisuke stood there, leaning heavily against it and panting wildly. "Did I mention that I HATE this day?"
Hikari giggled. "So many girls, so little time, hmm?"
"It's not funny," he whined. "Hey, are you guys done being all angsty yet?"
"We're done," Takeru nodded.
"Yay!"
"Oh! Oops, I almost forgot." Hikari fished around in her backpack and pulled out another box. She held it out to Daisuke. "I was so occupied with my little dilemma that it just slipped my mind. Here, Dais."
Daisuke blinked. "Uhh... for me?"
"Yes. For you. Take it, moron, don't just sit there. I know, I know. I didn't have to. But I wanted to. So here."
"Wow. Thanks." He looked up at her, grinning. "You're pretty damn special if you're able to give me a present."
Hikari grinned brightly. "I know. Most girls couldn't do it."
"Hey, hey, back off there, Dais. She's my girlfriend, don't try to hit on her."
Daisuke turned and was about to respond when the door flew open. "There he is!" the familiar face of the blonde they'd seen that morning screamed, pointing at Daisuke. "Get him!" she yelled at the swarm of high school girls behind her.
"Oh my GOD, they FOUND me!" Daisuke wailed. "No! I'm trapped! Oh, dammit!"
Takeru and Hikari found themselves shoved out of the way by the girls as they swarmed onto the boy. "Oof. Maybe we should help him," Hikari glanced up at her boyfriend.
"How?" the blonde chuckled.
"Poor Daisuke."
"Wanna go out for dinner?"
"Sure!"


They LEFT him there ^^; How terrible. Don't worry, our little lady killer will be fine. That was fun, even though the romantic part was dumb. Whee. ^_^