Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Tortured Soul ❯ Tortures Soul Part 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Part3: "History of the Master"
by ShadowWarriorJessica


The group had been traveling for a while through the woods. The champion digimon turned back to their rookie forms as the group sat around, giving them some rest.

Izzy pulled out this labtop and turned it on.

"So, how long were we on the road? " Joe asked. "We shouldn't be too far to his castle."

Izzy looked on the digimon world map on his computer. "Well, for about 3 hours we were on the road. I also pinpointed our coordinates. We have a walking distance from her to the castle. It will be another 20 minutes, so we can take a rest for a while." he stated.

"That's good." Sora said with a sigh. She was tired from all of the stress. "I hope that Tai will be ok."

"Don't worry Sora. Tai will be ok." T.K. smiled. He walked to Sora and sat down next to her. "Sora, can I ask you something?"

"What is it?"

"Well, do you like Tai since he likes you?"

Sora looked down at the young boy and smiled. "Of course I do. I like him just as much as Matt likes you."

"Hey guys! We have E-Mail from Gennai." Izzy replied.

"What does it say Izzy?" Mimi asked.

"He says that he knows what's going on and he found some stuff that might be useful to us."

"Like what?" Gomamon asked as he walked to Izzy.

"History on that 'Master of Courage' character."

"Well? Read it." Matt suggested.

"Ok. It says that a while ago, a warrior bearing the symbol of Courage roamed the digital world. He fought with ferious digimon, ones that wanted to rule the digiworld. This warrior had extrodinary powers, as you all know, that enabled him to defeat them. He did this until he grew old. Before he was announced as the "courage Protector" for the digimon and the digital world, he died of old age. The digimon cremated the hman and called him as the "Master of Courage."

Mimi looked confused. "So, what does that have to do with us?"
"Well, it seems that this warrior reincarnated himself and he became Tai. That's why he has the crest of Courage and has the powers of the warrior." Izzy sighed out.

"How wil this help us out, Izzy?" Sora asked the computer whiz.

"Hold on, I am not done. After the death of the 'Master of Courage', the seer of the digiworld had created the prophecy of the return of the human warrior." he continued as he scrolled down more on the labtop.

"What it is Izzy? Will it help us to save Tai?" Little T.K. asked, looking concerned, although his brother promised to get him back to us.

"It just might. Here it says:
'The one who gains the courage will be hunted by the hunter who seeks that courage. Once caught, the reliability of the ones who want to get that courage back, must combine there strength into one to regain the treasure back. Once that is accomplished, the courage that they regained will destroy the hunter with the treasure and return the courage to those who seeked to save the courage that was taken from them, but that courage will be greater than ever once the hunter decends'.
And that would be about it." Izzy finished with a long sigh.

"The courage must be Tai, since he has the Crest of Courage and the hunter is Myotismon, but what about the treasure? What might that be?" Joe asked out loud.

The group became silent. The prophecy was going through there heads, as to try to understand on how to save Tai.

"We can worry about it after our rest. Right now we need the rest." Gomamon suggested. He was a little tired as he yawned out.

"Alright. Ill take watch for awhile first." Matt called out as he looked at the group.

"Then I shall take watch." Joe said. "I don't need a whole lot of sleep."

"Then I'll finish taking watch." Sora suggested.

The group each chose a spot to rest as Matt sat near a tree and played his harmonica.

**************************

Tai felt the group's presence a bit as he came out of unconciousness. The liquid was still absorbing his powers. "C'mon guys.......I know you can do it.." he whispered. He held his chest in pain as she shut his eyes. The pain was getting more intense. He was holding in the screaming and shouting for 'Help!'. He was a leader and he didn't want to act that way. He knew that he was stubborn doing this, but he thought it was for the best.

"So, how is the Master feeling now?" a voice echoed through the tube.

Tai turned arund in the tube slowly only to see Myotismon and Demidevimon sitting up against the wall, looking at him.

"Th-They will come Myotismon.....and they WILL defeat you. Count on it.." Tai said.

" I know, but they can't do a thing about it though. By the time they arrive, they will be too late." Myotismon smircked as he stood up and walked to the tube, looking at Tai happily. "And even if they did, they can't possibly defeat me. That is how I took you. Your friends are not that strong, and you know it too."

"No. I know they will save me."

"Sir, shall I take care of the other humans? I would gladly do it." Demidevimon asked as he floated to his masters side.

Myotismon looked at the flying bowling ball rat. "No. I want them to come in."

"WHAT?! But sir--"

"Silence Demidevimon!! Do not judge my orders. I want them to come to see there friends dying performance, and those as well."

"As you wish sir." Demidevimon replied as he flew up the stairs to his chambers.

"And as for you, Courage, I will let you see your friends unharmed, for the moment they arrive. Then it will be you and I who will defeat them."

Tai looked angered at the vampire. "I will NEVER help you to kill my friends!" he yelled out weakly.

"You say that now because you aren't in me yet. Once you become one with me, you won't be saying that. Trust me on that one! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" he laughd out maniacally. "I will leave you here alone. I have to get ready for our guests before they arrive." And with that, he slowly walked up the stairs, feeling victorious.

Tai felt helpless. He wanted to warn Matt about this, but he couldn't do it; half of his power had been drained. "Hurry guys....I know you can do it."

**************************

Sora looked up at the sky. She felt so bad.

"Tai told me how he felt, and I never told him how I felt. I should've told him before this whole crisis accured." she sighed out. "I love him so much, but I want to tell it to his face. I feel so bad for Tai. He has to go through this just because some warrior was reincarnated into him. I wished that it was me that was reincarnated."

She looked in the direction that they will be going in a few minutes. It looked gloomy and deserted. "Maybe the forest is relating on Tai feels right now, completely empty and deserted." She stood up and wiped the dirt off of her pants. "I better wake the group up now. We have to hurry before Myotismon takes Tai for good." She took one last look at the forest and started to go back to the campsite.

She saw Matt and T.K. sleeping soundly together. Joe was sleping, making Gomamon his pillow. Biyomon and Agumon were sleeping around Izzy and Tentomon, Palmon and Mimi were sleeping right next to Matt and T.K., along with Patamon and Gabumon.

"Alright you guys! We gotta hustle before Myotismon wins!" she called out.

They group yawned out and stretched out.

"Hey Izzy, how long do we have left?" Matt asked the computer whiz.

Izzy rubbed his eyes as he turned on his comuter. "Hold on. Give me a Nanosecond.......uh..about 25 hours. Let's get going. With the digimon battling us, thta sounds like not alot of time."

"I guess so. Let's move out!" Matt yelled.

The group started a walking pace in the deserted forest.

Sora began to think about Tai again. "I hope he is okay. We better be there in time so we can get Tai back, as wel as my love...."