Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Under starry skies angels dwell ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

Hi Everybody! i know i has been a bad autor leaving you all waiting for "the affair" but my computer is a mess! it doesn't even let me send e-mails. ...what a piece of crap came to be.

Well anyway this story is really not mine is from my big sister that don't like Yaoi(she doesn't know was she is missing hehe) but loves Takari so here is her story.

Under starry skies angels dwell

"All Right class, now I will give you a piece of paper with an email address on it. For this project, you and a boy or girl from another school will talk to each other and get to know one another. Then you will tell the class what you learned about him or her." Mrs. Cook said as she addressed the class. All the girls in the class crossed their fingers, hoping it was a boy.

The girls of Odaiba Prep were at that wonderful age of 11 and in 5th grade, the time when girls became simply fascinated with guys and vice versa. ((A/N- I don't know if girls became interested in guys in 5th grade, but the ones in my area did so don't bug me about it)) Since the girls attended an all girl school, very few; if any, boys were seen. This made the male species look more desirable to the girls. Kari Kamiya and her best friend Miyako Inoue were no exception.
"I hope I get a cute boy!" Miyako whispered to Kari as the teacher gave them both a slip of paper. Unfolding the paper, Miyako and Kari studied the screen name they had been given.
"Hmm...can't really tell with mine" Miyako said as she studied the screen name.
"Mine sounds interesting...HopefulBBallAngel" Kari said. Miyako squealed.
"Oooooooo...sounds like it's a boy, and an athlete no less!" The bells rang through the large school, signaling the end of the day's classes. Miyako and Kari ran back to the room that they shared, immediately hopping onto the computer
"Hey! I got mail from Tai and that kid!" Kari said as she checked her mail. Clicking Tai's letter first, Kari read the emails.

__________________________________________________________ ____________________
From: SoccerStar14@athletes.net
To: PhotoAngel11@odaibaprep.net
Time: Tuesday May 1, 2001; 2:46pm
Subject: Hey!
------------------------------------------
Hey pip squeak!

How's everything at the boarding school? My school stinks in my opinion, but when do I think it isn't
boring and stupid? Sora, Izzy, Mimi, Joe, Davis and Ken are doing OK. Some new kid named Matt is in
my classes this year. He's pretty cool, for a rock star. Anyway squirt, we all miss you! Come and visit
us soon! Sora is dying to introduce you to some guys, something I'm not to fond of right now. I don't
want you dating this young yet. Mom didn't let Sora and I start dating until we were 13. Anyway, visit
soon, and bring that girl you told me about. Miyako I think you said her name was. Bring her too!

Your Brother, Tai

PS ~ Sora, Izzy, Joe, Mimi, Ken, Davis and Matt say Hi.
___________________________________________________________________ ___________


"Stupid brother, he must have forgotten I was visiting this weekend and I'm bringing you too." Kari said.
"Come on, open up the kids email!" Miyako said, her curiosity burning. Kari clicked on the boy's email and began to read.

____________________________________________________________ __________________
From: HopefulBBallAngel@basketball.net
To:PhotoAngel11@odaibaprep.net
Tim e: 3:04pm Tuesday, May 1,2001
Subject: Hi
------------------------------------------------
Well, I'll start off by saying Hi. In case you're wondering, I'm a 11 yr. old boy that's new in the town of Odaiba. I lived in Kawada for the past few years, so I have no clue about this place. One minute I'm getting ready for school, the next minute the teacher gives me your email address. Well...I guess that's it I can tell you about me...what are you like? Write me back soon---TTT
____________________________________________________________ __________________

"Talkative isn't he?" Kari said. Miyako nodded.
"Very, c'mon girl, we have 1 week of vacation starting today! Let's get packed and leave for your house today!" Miyako suggested. Kari jumped up and took out her already packed suitcase.
"I was way ahead of you" she said, pulling out Miyako's suitcase that was filled up and ready.
"Let's go then!" Miyako said, heading out the door, suitcase in hand. Kari closed up their room and sped down the hallway, dragging her suitcase along.

After a 2-hour bus ride, Kari and Miyako reached the Kamiya's. Kari practically bound up the stairs and to her parent's apartment. Kari knocked a few times before her mother answered.
"Kari!" she shouted as she hugged her little girl. Kari hugged her mom back tightly.
"Hi Mom! Meet Miyako Inoue, the friend I told you about in my letters."
"Hello Miyako, come on in, both of you." After putting away their stuff, greeting Kari's dad and grabbing something to eat, Kari and Miyako headed off to the park where Tai was probably practicing.
"There's my brother. He's playing with Sora, Izzy, Joe, Davis and Ken." Kari said, pointing to the boy with wild brown hair, kicking a goal as he played with some friends. Walking up to the sidelines, the two girls watched quietly as the 6 friends practiced, not noticing the 2 blondes in the bleachers behind them. Tai pumped his fist into the air as he scored another goal. He was surprised when he heard clapping.
"Bravo Tai, you've been working on your soccer skills I see." Kari said as she walked towards the six kids.
"Kari!" Tai yelled, meeting his sister halfway and scooping her up into a giant hug.
"Put me down!" she laughed as Tai spun her around in the air. He reluctantly put her down as the rest of the group came to greet her.
"Kari! Man, you've grown way too much since the last time I saw you!" Sora gushed as she gave her 'sister' a hug.
"I have not! What's this I hear about from Tai about guys?" she asked. Sora laughed.
"We'll meet up with Mimi at the mall tomorrow. She'll tell you all about it." Tai and Davis visibly scowled.
"Oh! This is Miyako. Miyako, this is Tai, Sora, Izzy, Joe, Davis and Ken." Miyako's eyes locked onto the blue haired blue eyed boy named Ken. The way his eyes shined in the sunlight captivated the young teenage girl. A nudge from Kari brought her back to reality.
"Oh, Hi." she said, blushing a bit.
"Hi Miyako, nice to meet you." Ken said. Miyako merely blushed a deeper shade.
"Yo Tai, aren't you going to introduce us." Matt asked as he and his brother came up to the group.
"Oh yeah, my bad. Kari, Miyako, this is Matt, the one I told you about. The shorter blonde kid next to him is his brother."
"Pleasure to meet you Kari." Matt said. Kari, however, wasn't paying attention. Her crimson eyes were locked with a pair of bright cerulean blue eyes. TK's eyes also focused on the girl in front of him. He had met plenty of girls in Odaiba, but she beat them all. She wore no makeup or jewelry, only a watch on her right wrist. Her black skirt and lt. pink tank top hung loosely around her frame, the white button over hanging loosely over the shirt. The way the sun hit her made her appear to be an angel with transparent, shimmering wings. A sudden punch in the arm snapped him out of his trance.
"Be polite and greet her." Matt said to him. TK flushed a shade of red.
"hehe, sorry. The names Takeru Takaishi. Everyone calls me TK." he said as he stuck out his hand. Kari smiled.
"Nice to meet you TK, I'm Kari." a shiver went down her spine as their hands touched. 'What's wrong with me? He's just another boy like Ken or Davis...but he's so cute. That ridiculous fisherman's hat, I wonder what he looks like without the hat? His eyes...they look like as deep and bright as the sky... A loud cough from Davis interrupted her pleasant thoughts. Kari immediately pulled her hand to her side, turning her head to try and hide the blush on her cheeks. Miyako's smile, that had appeared while TK and Kari were staring at each other, turned into a frown as she glared daggers at the spiky haired boy.
"Hey Tai, you think it's still OK for me and TK to stay with you for a few days? Now that your sister's visiting, we wouldn't want to take her bed or anything. We can just stay home and live with that aerosol smell from the paint." Matt said.
"Nonsense, course you can still stay. You guys will just have to sleep on the floor or something." Tai said. Matt agreed and everyone got to know Kari or Miyako. Kari and Miyako told them how boring the school was, Kari always saying how much she missed home. Miyako and Kari failed to tell them about Kari's problem.

On the way back to the Kamiya's, TK and Kari got to know each other better. Kari also found out he was HopefulBBallAngel.
" What you told me in your letter CAN'T be everything about you."
"Well, I don't have much to tell. I love basketball, I like reading books and I'm called a unintentional poet." he said as they walked behind their brothers.
"What do you mean 'Un-intentional poet'?"
"I make poetic stuff up without knowing it." Kari seemed fascinated since she loved poetry.
"Tis an angel, standing in the skies. Shining brown hair, beautiful crimson eyes. Wings of feathers, light and shining. Looking over those unworthy of her beauty." TK mumbled to himself, remembering his first reaction to Kari.
"What did you say?" she asked, not quite hearing what he was saying.
"It's nothing." he said, shaking his head of the thoughts. Miyako, who was on TK's other side, smirked lightly. She had heard what he was mumbling. 'Someone obviously fell for Kari, and feel for her hard.' she said, inwardly jumping with excitement. After deciding that Kari and Miyako would share her and Tai's room, Tai would use the tatami mat, and Matt and TK would sleep on the long couch, the five children went to bed.

Kari awoke with a start. Nightmares of being torn away from her family consumed her thoughts again. Sweating heavily, Kari grabbed a bottle from her bag and went to the kitchen. Grabbing some water, Kari took a pill from the container and drank it down with water.
"Hey, what are you doing up?" TK asked as he sleepily walked into the kitchen.
"Nothing, just getting a drink." Kari said as she quickly grabbed the container and hid it behind her back, hoping he had not seen it. Unfortunately, TK had seen it.
"What's that?" he asked, peering behind her to see what she had. Kari tried to turn, but he grabbed her hand and looked at the bottle. His blue eyes widened as he read the label.
"Anti-depressants? Pills for depression? What's wrong? Why would you be so depressed that you need these?" he asked, genuinely worried. Why would a cheery girl like Kari need depression pills? Kari sighed as she pocketed the container and led him to the apartment balcony. Closing the door so no one could hear, she began to tell him her story.
"My depression started when I was 8 and I was first sent to the boarding school. I missed my family horribly, but my parents wouldn't let me come back, saying I would get a better education there. I was alone in that school until just recently when I met Miyako, one of the new students this year. My depression only got worse. She began telling me all these things about the boys she's met that are so funny, smart, cute and all other things. Being in that all girls' school, I never had a chance to feel what she has been able too. Sure, Ken, Davis, Izzy are boys, but their friends I had since I was little, practically my other brothers. I don't like them like a girlfriend would like her boyfriend. I envy Miyako. She has had the chance to live her childhood, something I never did. Thinking about all the things I missed out on and how much I missed Tai, my parents, and my friends...I went even deeper into my depression. So I had to get those Anti-Depressants." she said, leaning on the balcony railing and staring at the shimmering stars in the sky. She refused to look TK in the eyes, not wanting him to see the tears that were coming into her eyes.
"I never had the chance to be a normal girl. I had to grow up faster then I wanted too. I never got the chance to just be a kid. I never got the chance to go to parks and just hang out with friends or play on swings like every 8-year-old child did. I missed out on all the fun of being 8 and I'll never get those times back." she said in a barely audible whisper. TK didn't know what to say to her. He looked at her as she looked over the rail, sobbing silently. Kari's mind jumped as a pair of strong arms wrapped themselves around her waist and a head placed itself on her shoulder. His soft blonde hair tickled her neck as the night breeze blew against the two young teens. His body pressed against hers as he held her around the waist gently.
"Angels cry in the starry night skies, crying along with the missing angel on earth." TK whispered to her as the stars shimmered in the dark, cloudy skies. The two of them stood there, TK's arms wrapped snugly around her waist with his head on hers, watching the stars in content. Kari's eyes drooped and she rested her head against the tall boy's chest. She fell into a deep sleep in his arms. Picking her up into his arms, TK walked back inside and brought her to her bed. Placing her on the bed, he leaned down and gave her a soft, kiss on the cheek.
"Good night, sweet angel. Sleep well, and sweet dreams." he said before going back to the couch to sleep. Miyako, who had woken up a few minutes before, smiled from the top bunk. 'Goodluck TK. Maybe your the one who can help her through this.' she said before going back to sleep, dreaming of the boy named Ken.

The week seemed to fly by fast, too fast for Kari. TK and her had spent the whole week together, laughing and talking like they knew one another for years. They had become very close after that mere week. When Kari left for the school with Miyako again, TK was disappointed, as well as Ken. Ken and Miyako had really hit it off. They had even gone out on an official date, so he was sad to see her leave. A few days past, and Kari grew even more depressed. She now missed TK horribly as well as her friends and family. It grew to the point where she became deathly ill. Kari had been presenting her project for the communications class when it happened. The little energy she had faded away and she collapsed in the middle of her presentation. Miyako ran to her side and the teacher got the ambulance. Miyako went with her, worried about her friend. Once Kari was put into a room, Miyako dashed towards the Kamiya's. She would have phoned everyone, if she knew the numbers. Arriving at the Kamiya's apartment door, she banged loudly on it.
"Miyako! What are you doing here?" Ken said as he answered. The boys' soccer team was having a meeting in the Kamiya's living room.
"Where's Tai?" she asked.
"Right here, what's wrong?" he asked as he got up from talking with Davis and the other soccer guys.
"Kari's in the hospital! She was sick and passed out during class!" she said. Tai immediately ended the meeting, dashing out the door with his parents, Miyako and Ken while Davis called the others to tell them what happened.
Miyako led the Kamiya's and Ken to the room Kari had been placed in, once they got to the hospital. Mr. and Mrs. Kamiya sat at their daughters' side, holding her thin hand in theirs. She was very pale as she just slept there on the bed, and an IV ran into her arm, giving her some medication. Tai nearly fell as he saw his normally lively sister in this condition. A very frantic Sora, Mimi, Izzy and Davis rushed in next.
"Oh my god..." Sora said before passing out from the shock, right into Tai's arms. Mimi sobbed into Izzy as she saw Kari. Davis was too shocked to notice a very panicky Joe and Matt rush in.
"What happened to her? She was fine when we saw her last week." Matt said.
"I dunno Matt, something must have been wrong for her to be this bad. Any of you know what might have caused this?" Joe asked, searching his mind for any medical reason.
"It's depression." TK said as he came into the room. All eyes turned to him.
"What do you mean?" Davis asked.
"She's been depressed because she doesn't see her family a lot. She was also depressed because she missed out on the simple joys, like being a kid. Going back just caused her to go to an even deeper depression." he said, showing them the bottle of Anti-Depressants. Everyone stood there, shocked that they never knew what was going on.
"Since the depressants are probably to weak a dose, they probably made her deathly sick." Joe said, once he snapped back to reality. Mr. and Mrs. Kamiya looked at their daughter teary-eyed.
"This is our fault. She told us she missed home and hated it there, but we kept her there for the education..." Mrs. Kamiya said as she cried silently. Mr. Kamiya nodded, tears of his own threatening to fall. During the whole ordeal, Tai and the others had gathered around Kari's bedside.
"People cry as the missing angel may return to the skies. They fall to their knees, begging for her to stay. Oh missing Angel, please don't go just yet. So many people depend on your light to guide the way, so many people love you too much to let you go away..." TK said quietly as he let one tear drop fall onto the girls pale face. Kari groaned a bit and shifted before allowing her eyelids to open slightly. "Mom? Dad? Tai? What's going on?" she asked, a few coughs in between each word. Tai and her parents enveloped her in a huge hug.
"We're so sorry Kari. We never knew you missed home that much." her father said. Kari didn't even bother asking what was going on, knowing they knew about the depression.
"I did miss home that much. I told you so many times how much I wanted to come home." Kari said. The family tightened their grip around her, and soon the whole group had her in a hug, except TK. He stood back and watched with a smile on his lips as the family let her go and told her she could come home and go to Odaiba Jr. High.
"Really?!" Kari said, her eyes filled with excitement. Kari did backflips inside as her parents nodded.
"But, what about you Miyako?" she asked.
"No problem there. My parents wanted me to come home anyway and go to Odaiba Jr. High too." she said. TK walked up to Kari, her smile growing as she saw him. He wrapped his arms around her tightly in a tight hug.
"I'm glad your all right." he said
"Thanks TK, and thank you for helping me." she said as she gave him a hug back. They reluctantly let go of each other when they noticed everyone staring at them.
"What? Can't two friends hug?" they said in unison. The whole room filled with laughter as TK and Kari got confused looks on their faces.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TK and Kari walked through the now darkened park, laughing and talking. It had been 1 month and Kari had fit in well at Odaiba Jr. High. Most girls envied her since TK spent all of his time with her. Miyako and Ken were happy and officially dating. A lot of girls fumed when Ken was taken. Now, it was Saturday and the two young teens were taking their normal route back to Kari's house.
"Stars are beautiful." Kari said as she looked up. TK looked up, and smiled.
"Yeah, but I can think of something even prettier then the stars." he said. Kari looked at him oddly.
"What's that?" he flashed his most charming smile at her and spoke one word.
"You." Kari flushed at the comment.
"I'm not that pretty." she said.
"Tis an angel, standing in the skies. Shining brown hair, beautiful crimson eyes. Wings of feathers, light and shining. Looking over those unworthy of her beauty." TK recited for her as he stared into the vast sky.
"That's you. An Angel in the skies, blessing people like me with your beauty." he said as he wrapped his arms around her waist and stared into her eyes. Kari looked into his shimmering blue orbs and lost herself in them. Her arms were wrapped tightly around his neck, his around her waist, and they just stood there, drowning in the others eyes.
"Kari, I want to know if you will be mine." he said quietly.
"Of course TK...I'll always be yours..." she whispered as TK's head leaned down. Their lips met in a sweet kiss. In Kari's mind, fireworks were shooting. She had never liked a boy like this or had never been kissed before...until now. She saw something in TK that she didn't see in any other guy. He wasn't some stuck up athlete like most others, he was charming, sweet, modest, gentle, always knew what to say to make her feel special. As the newfound couple kissed, the stars seemed to sparkle brighter as two star-crossed lovers joined as one.