Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ What Would You Do ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

What Would You Do?
VoodooDaisuke
Another reality fic from me ^_^ The lyrics at the bottom are to City High's hit song "What Would You Do." Lyrics are between asterisks (**). In the lyrics, the men's voices will be in bold, and the women's in italics. Read on! ^_~
This fic is for Pata. I really really just… lost all inspiration for NBTSA, so I wrote this to make up for it. It's still Kenyako ^_^ Keep in mind that in this fic, the so-called future lives of the DDs hasn't happened yet. So righty now, they're about eighteen. ^_^
I've never been much of a party-goer, so it wasn't my wish to be at this one. Daisuke, Takeru, and Hikari had dragged me here. Okay, so maybe it was kind of my fault that I accepted their dare. But if you had three people that flapped their arms and yelling "chicken-chicken bawk-bawk!" every time they passed you in the halls, you'd give in to, wouldn't you? That's what I thought. So here I am now at this crazy rave, sitting at the bar with the aforementioned three friends, one of them now drunker than an Armadimon that just discovered sake. "Where are the shhhhhtrippershh?" Takeru slurred. "Takeru!" Hikari popped him on the head. "Whhhat washhh that for?" "To hopefully knock some sense back into you, that's what?" "But Hikari, theresh no blood in my alcohol shyshhtem…" He turned to Daisuke and asked him, "Did I ever tell you you're my besht friend?" Daisuke blanched as Takeru gave him a hug. "Okay, man…you can get off now!" Takeru didn't move. I looked at him closely. "He's passed out. We should get him home." "But we can't drive him home… we've all got alcohol in our systems. What if we get pulled over?" Hikari said concernedly, pulling her boyfriend out of Daisuke's lap. "Good point. How about we wait until one of us are sober enough to drive?" Daisuke suggested. "Sounds good to me," I agreed. Suddenly, the lights dimmed, and men started whooping. Pink, green, white, and blue lights started flashing onto the stage. The current music stopped, and a current J-rock hit began to play. "The strippers are starting!" Daisuke cried over the loud music, "come on, Ken! Let's get up close before anyone else does!" "Whaa?" I said in surprise as Daisuke grabbed me by the wrist and started dragging me towards the stage. "Oh no, Daisuke, no no no…" I pleaded. "Aww, come on, Ken! It'll be fun!" He stopped a little ways from the stage. "You can't leave anyways… remember?" I sighed. "Damn." The music came to a harder beat, and six girls started out onto the stage, dancing. Three of them donned the poles that were set up, and the other three began roaming the audience. One came dead straight towards me. Her hair was dyed a wild purplish color, and her reddish-brown eyes flashed. Her hair donned glitter that changed colors under the lights, and she was in nothing but a feathered tube top and G-string, both of which were white. I gave an uneasy squeak as she stuck one hand up my shirt, and that's when I recognized her. "MIYAKO?" Her head snapped up, and something clicked in her eyes. "Ke-ken! What the… why are you here?" "Daisuke, Takeru, and Hikari dared me-oh, forget that, come with me! I put my jacket over her shoulders and took her through a random door. Turns out that door led to the roof of the building, as they found themselves climbing a flight of stairs. He leaned beside the door that led to the flight of stairs once they were outside. "Why are you working here? What… what brought you to do this? Dancing and stripping for money…? I guess a lot has changed since I saw you last. She burst into tears. "Oh no… I didn't mean to make you cry, Miyako… I just…" She interrupted me with a simple question: "What would YOU do, Ken?" I drew a blank. "Wha… what do you mean?" "What would you do if every night, your nephew was at home, crying because he hasn't eaten in three days, so hungry? And on the floor, too, because you have no money for a bed or furniture? And the only way you can make money is prostituting yourself, because your last boyfriend spent all your money on crack cocaine, and is in jail for possession half the time? And when he's not in jail, he's hunting you down for money so he can buy more drugs? This is what I have to call life, Ken!" "But Miyako," I protested, "you aren't the only one with those same problems… it's no excuse to start stripping!" Then she looked at me with a look that I had never seen before… indescribable. She hung her head. "Every single day I wake up, pissed off because it's not all a dream, because I'm not dead! I'm not afraid to slit my wrist… not afraid of the pain, because it would never compare to real pain. "Soon after my family moved to Kyoto, we lost touch, do you remember? Of course you do… we lost touch. But you never found out why, did you? No, you didn't. Of course not… My mother divorced my father, and met someone new. She married him, which was the biggest mistake of her life. "One dark night, high on marijuana, he and my mother and brother got into a fight… he got a steak knife, and… and… he murdered them… My sisters and I ran away so he couldn't rape and kill us. Misao was killed in a gang gunfight, and Yuuko was raped and got pregnant… she died giving birth. I've been on my own since I was fourteen." "But Miyako…" "Ken, what would you have done?" I was silent for a moment, taking all this information in. Then I took her by the shoulders, and looked her square in the eye. "I would have got up off my behind and let go of every excuse to not get help from someone! Like one of us Chosen Children, or a family friend! I wouldn't want my nephew to have gone through what I had! You have to stop making up all these excuses to not get a better job and start over, because I know that if my mother could escape her abusive first husband and start over with no money, no house, and Osamu who was two at the time, you can do it too! Miyako looked surprised, then her eyes welled up with tears. "Ke-ken… will you help me get my life back on track?" she asked through sobs. I pulled her into a tight hug. "Of course I will, Miyako… what are friends for?" "Thank you… so much!" She returned the hug. "Things will get better soon, Miyako-chan… I promise."
_____________________________________________________ **Boys and girls wanna hear a true story?/Saturday night at this real wild party/They had the liquor overflowin' the cup/About five, six strippers tryin' to work for a buck/And I took one girl outside with me/Her name was Lonnie, she went to junior high with me/I asked, "Why you up in there dancing for cash? I guess a whole lot's changed since I seen you last."/She said:
"What would you do if your son was at home/Cryin' all alone on the bedroom floor 'cause he's hungry/And the only way to feed him is to/Sleep with a man for a little bit of money 'cause his daddy's gone/Somewhere smokin' rock now/In and out of lock-down/I ain't got a job now/So for you this is just a good time but for me this is what I call life/Mmm."
"Girl you ain't the only one with a baby/That's no excuse to be livin' all crazy/Then she looked me right square in the eye and said/"Every day I wake up, hopin' to die."/She said, "Nigga, I know about pain 'cause/Me and my sister ran away so my daddy couldn't rape us/Before I was a teenager/I done been through more shit you can't even relate 'ta!"
What would you do if your son was at home/Cryin' all alone on the bedroom floor 'cause he's hungry/And the only way to feed him is to/Sleep with a man for a little bit of money 'cause his daddy's gone/Somewhere smokin' rock now/In and out of lock-down/I ain't got a job now/So for you this is just a good time bur for me this is what I call life/Mmm
Oh then she said/ "What would you do?"/ "Get up on my feet and let go of every excuse!"/ "What would you do?"/ "Cause I wouldn't want my baby to go through what I been through."/"Come on, what would you do?"/"Get up on my feet and stop makin' tired excuses!"/"Come on, what would you do?"/"Girl I know if my mother can do it baby you can do it!"
What would you do if your son was at home/Cryin' all alone on the bedroom floor 'cause he's hungry/And the only way to feed him is to/Sleep with a man for a little bit of money 'cause his daddy's gone/Somewhere smokin' rock now/In and out of lock-down/I ain't got a job now/So for you this is just a good time but for me this is what I call life/Mmm
So!/What would you do if your son was at home/Cryin' all alone on the bedroom floor 'cause he's hungry/And the only way to feed him is to/Sleep with a man for a little bit of money 'cause his daddy's gone/Somewhere smokin' rock now/In and out of lock-down/I ain't got a job now/So for you this is just a good time bur for me this is what I call life/Mmm!
What would you do if your son was at home/Cryin' all alone on the bedroom floor 'cause he's hungry/And the only way to feed him is to/Sleep with a man for a little bit of money 'cause his daddy's gone/Somewhere smokin' rock now/In and out of lock-down/I ain't got a job now/So for you this is just a good time but for me this is what I call life/Mmm!
So, what do you make of it? Please do the kind thing and review! Thanks a lot, and ja mata! ~VD