Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Who Will Pray For Me? ❯ Partings ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Who Will Pray Me? Partings
By Archangel Bloodraven

"He never told her." Sora said as Mr. Ishida stopped the tape. "She died without knowing."

"And he held on to that for five years, eating away at him" Koushiro said.

"Like an emotional ulcer." Jyou said somberly.

The morbid silence was shattered by a sharp rap at the door. Yamato opened the door to find a teenage delivery girl. "Is Takeru Ishida here?"

"I'm Takeru." Yamato lied signing for the package.

"Thank you." She said pressing the package into his hands. She looked as though she was going to say something else, then left in silence.

Yamato carefully unwrapped the package to reveal a video tape.

"Who would send Takeru a video?" Sora asked.

"Only one way to find out." Taichi said as Yamato slid the tape into the machine.

After the static cleared a familiar and long missed face appeared.

"Hello Takeru." Hikari said. "If you're viewing this, it means I'm dead and that this is the five year anniversary of that day. I pray you haven't done anything foolish and I wish it was this easy to say this to your face."

"She's gonna tell him." Sora said.

"You knew?" Taichi asked.

"I suspected." She replied turning her attention back to the video.

"Well, I guess this isn't going to be as easy as I thought." She said brushing a stray bang out of her eyes. "But you always told me my songs said it best so here goes.

Sorry I never told you
All I wanted to say
Now it's too late to hold you
'Cause you've flown away
So far away

Never had I imagined
Living without your smile
Feeling and knowing you hear me
It keeps me alive
Alive


And I know you're shining down on me from heaven
Like so many friends we've lost along the way
And I know eventually we'll be together
One sweet day

Darling I never showed you
Assumed you'd always be there
Took your presence for granted
But I always cared
And I miss the love we shared

And I know you're shining down on me from heaven
Like so many friends we've lost along the way
And I know eventually we'll be together
One sweet day

Although the sun will shine the same
I'll always look to a brighter day
Lord I know when I lay me down to sleep
You will always listen as I pray

And I know you're shining down on me from heaven
Like so many friends we've lost along the way
And I know eventually we'll be together
One sweet day

And I know you're shining down on me from heaven
Like so many friends we've lost along the way
And I know eventually we'll be together
One sweet day

Sorry I never told you

Takeru, I love you. I just wish I didn't have to tell you this way." Hikari buried her face in her hands and wept as the screen faded to static.

"She couldn't have known," Yamato asked. "could she?"

"I don't know." Taichi admitted. "That last time she seemed hurried, like she had too much to do and not enough time to do it in."

"I should be going." Jyou said looking at the time.

"As should I." Angelique said. "Takeru's body should be ready for burial within the week."

"Wait." Yamato said producing a pocket knife. "We never found out what was in this." He said breaking the seal on the envelope. Inside were a number of receipts, claim tickets, and a folded handwritten letter.

Greetings.

If you're reading this, it means I am dead, most likely by my own hand. Know I felt no pain leaving this world and have made my funeral arrangements before hand. As I leave you my friends and family, I have these parting words.

Jyou, trust in yourself and you can overcome any obstacle put before you. Your artwork is beautiful and you should stay with it. You're not cut out to be a doctor, so do what you love.

Koushiro, know that your family loves you, be they biological, adopted, or 'destined. Come out of the computer once in a while my friend. There's a whole world waiting for you.

Sora, remember your crest and stay true to it always, for there is no force in the world greater than love, and when you face your darkest hours, know that I am with you, for you carry the love I feel for you inside your own heart. 1 Corinthians 13:13.

Mimi, yours is the crest of sincerity. Though you are far from home in a strange land, stay true to yourself always, for if you betray yourself, you will easily betray others. Have faith and stay true, always.

Mom, I'm sorry I had to do this. You were pretty cool, for a parent. Don't alienate yourself from dad and Yamato. You're all in pain now and you need to be strong now. Stronger than I was.

The same goes for you dad. You aren't strangers arguing over differences. You're a family, and nothing is ever going to change that. Stay strong, because I've gone to a better place and I'm with the woman I love.

Taichi, I know that behind the fighting and the macho posturing, you and Yamato really care about each other. He needs someone who understands him, where he's been and where he's going. Only you can do that Taichi, so help him through the pain. Be my brother's keeper.

Yamato, I know that you loved me and always looked out for me. Now it's my turn. Taichi is a good person, and he's dealt with the pain of losing a loved one. Trust in him. I know you always did your best to protect me, but you can't protect me from myself. I love you always Yamato. You're the best, bro.

Takeru.

~*~

A/N: And the Angst just keeps coming. The song is "One Sweet Day." by Mariah Carey