Doctor Who Fan Fiction ❯ DOCTOR WHO: APOUKALUPSIS (Revelations) ❯ THE VALE OF VAILS ( Chapter 12 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Episode12

THE VALE OF VAILS

The Valley of Submissions - And an old foe resurfaces. The Doctor learns the truth about all that has been happening to him in the last few months.

 

Scene 1:

 

[Heat and humidity. Scorching levels of air patterns free-flowing down the horizon. The land steaming into view. A green, deserted planet without any sign of life or structure. Well the only ONE. A circular wall, about eighteen feet high, and running for the diameter of a few miles. In the middle is a crypt big enough to range for at least a mile. Inside the crypt is teeming with all kinds of life - Wild necromancer mutts, Vuenodaxian Slasher Bulls, Terraberserkers in battle armor and fluid clamps piercing their heads, New Genesis Daleks of the Retterand, Robo-man Daleks, Humanoid-Dalek drivers inside classic Dalekanium half-shells, with mutated chained Magnedons from Skaro. Organic Daleks. troops of Cybus Cybermen in four corners, with a version of a Cyber Leader in each. Ravagers; brown-grey humanoids with a bony, terraformed epidermal layer on everything but where their eyes should be. A few besides every corner of the Cyber-troops. And behind them - smaller troops of Cyber Masters!

Deep within the vault of the crypt lies the Doctor, heavily sweating, and bleeding at a side of his forehead. He is bound to what looks like an upgraded Cybermaster or Cybercontroller Chair, made of darkstar metals. His manacles on the arms and legs are riveted to the chair with Dwarf Star hexbolts. There is also a binding panel covering just his torso, also of darkstar metal. The Doctor regains his consciousness and sees that he is surrounded by four New Genesis Retterand Daleks.]

 

[We zoom deep into the eyes, full of pain and surprise and desperation and unhinged fury, all together. We zoom out to the face again, but this time in Gallifreyan regalia, up to the torso, like a battle vest. Instead of the usual red, the whole regalia is in dark blue and black, with no insignia of Rassilon or any other House patches. The headgear, with a blue inner skull plate and black straps on top, is very compact and form-fitting. There are combat pauldron on the shoulders. This eye, unlike the previous own, is bloodthirsty and shrewd. He straightens up and crosses his legs on his Dwarf Star throne, with chimes of sapphire crystals around, and tightens his grips on the hand rest, as he looks on to his empire of creatures throughout the crypt. We zoom out to the back of his headgear, viewing his empire from his POV, and close in.]

Valeyard: BWwaahahahahahahahahaha! BWwaahahahaha..Hahahaha!

[A faint but familiar psychic touch reaches the Doctor painfully, which he recognizes]

Doctor: Oh, boy!

Daleks: The.Doctor.is.awake! Do.not.resist.or.escape.Or.you.will.be.exterminated! Exterminated!....[In overlapping echoes]Exterminated!Exterminated!

Doctor: Here we go again.

[Cue Title Theme]

 

 

Scene 2:

 

[The Doctor looks on to a manacled Master to his left, unconscious, hands raised above his head in a Gravity bar and Laser-trip rims on his forefront, making escape impossible. His head is caged and his new arm insulated in airtight Pyroxine wax. Beside him on a table is the Sonic Screwdriver and the glasses.]

 

[He hears ominous footsteps and then the crypt door opens. The Daleks make way]

Valeyard: Hello Doctor. He won't be getting up any soon.

[A long stare]

Valeyard: What, no comebacks and timey-wimey jokes. Should I have barged in with a Geronimo!?

Doctor: Why?

Valeyard: Ask what you want to ask.

Doctor: Why do all this? For all these months. To all of us. The Time Webs. The psychic attacks.

Valeyard[roars]: Because I can!

 

[The four Daleks stagger back]

 

Valeyard: This is who I am, Doctor! The one who can make Daleks tremble. Can you say the same, Oncoming Storm?

Doctor: What happened to you? ..Us?

Valeyard: Us? There was never an 'us'. We are not the same Doctor. Unlike you, I am not bound by moral obligations to not be cruel. To not kill. To preserve all. Those are your filth Doctor, not mine.

Doctor: So it really is you-?

Valeyard: You know who I am. Say it.

Valeyard: SAY IT!

Doctor: The Valeyard.

Valeyard: Yes.

Doctor: What are you!? Are you me from a past or future that I have failed? Do I run the chance of becoming you?

Valeyard: I am nothing that relates to your universe. I am the amalgamation of all the evil within you. Every version of you! Every alternative possibility of you. In all universes. Once I was you. But where you saw the power in hope and prosperity, I saw despair and pain, even from the lives of other versions of me. Even from my greatest victories. That did not suit my longer goals. And then it happened. Well...[pauses]. You do not need to know that. All you need to know is that you have been contacted and bothered by the presence of many Valeyards over the years. Some of them were from your own universe, while others weren’t. But mostly by me. And I am from another universe. From a Doctor of my own.

 

[He works on a switchboard on the left, to the left of the Master, and checks in on him]

 

Doctor: No...but, what are you? Where? When? What regeneration?

Valeyard: All. And none.

Doctor: Thank Rassilon that wasn’t cryptic enough.

Valeyard: Like I said – amalgamation of all evil within you. I am but an abstract, a manifestation of the tinges of your darker self. A manifestation too headstrong to be denied our existence. When I appear, hinges entirely on anything but you. [Eyes the Doctor]. Rest assured Doctor, you do not become me. Sadly, the same cannot be said for me. I still have to carry your stench.

Doctor: An abstract?

Valeyard: Was it ever not obvious? An abstract. That can bloom into manifestation anywhere and everywhere. At any point of time. Why do you think I want to kill you? To be free of you of course. Unless I kill you and establish a time stream of my own, I can never completely be free of you...never have regeneration of my own. Never a complete life of my own. You have had evil incarnations of yourself shown to you before...psychic parasitic beings feeding off you and creating a manifestation of your evil sides. Even a Dream Lord. Evil clones and actual copies of yourself too. Many of them have taken your faces over the years. But they are not actually you. I am. And yet, I want to be free of you! Every time I am manifested, every time I am burdened with existence, but of course, it is within your own life. Sometimes with the same form even.

Doctor: What do you mean anywhere and everywhere?

Valeyard: In a conventional way, the Master considered your Scot and brow version to be your 12th reincarnation, before actually getting to know how old you really are in reality. When he researched you, looked you up, looked me up, he understood that I can occur anywhere and anytime between that 12th and the very last regeneration. What about that is so tough to understand, Doctor? I am a manifestation from you, hence recurring multiple times, at multiple points in your life. Sometimes even with the same face. I am but an abstract, a seed of your subconscious. Repeating multiple times through you life. Which is why I have no perfect origin. I am more of an enigma than you will ever be. Once I was a splinter from your 13th version experimenting to prolong and break the regenerative cycle.

Doctor: I remember.

Valeyard: Once I was but a Black Ops product, a progeny of the High Council. And extract of your raw emotions. A few time I was created by you even. I have no complete life. Each time I manifest, each time I can...I hold all the memories. And all the pain of not having a life of my own. You have a consecutive progression of events called life. Each regeneration of you calls themselves the Doctor. So grand and sanctimonious! They were all Doctors, and remember it differently and yet similarly. The Valeyard, however, is a recurring and incomplete manifestation. A life that can hold limitless possibilities of interactions. And yet cannot be sustained if you are not around. Which is why I can occur thousand times with a same face in any of your lifetime. Which is why I can act as a part of your conscious abstract even though a being from another version and universe. Which is why I am bound to do this all my life and all yours, apparently. Which is why I have to kill you.

Doctor: I feel like you have used the word abstract a bit too much, don’t you? A bit on the tongue.

 

[The Valeyard suddenly appears from behind his gurney.]

Valeyard : Stop acting stupid Doctor.

Doctor: So. What happened?

 

Scene 3:

 

Valeyard: For a period in my life, I acted like the Doctor and followed in his footsteps. I even took on a psychic stamp and lock to make me forget there was ever a part of me called Valeyard. Like you, I had learned about the Time Webs and had chosen to act on it, stealing a Battle Tardis. The one trait that all of us, all versions of us, good or bad, have in common. Stealing and running with a Tardis. But the Battle Tardis had a trap for me. Sprung by a very old or unknown Master. An idea he had got from me, of feeding on emotions. Mind-locked to my psychic precipitancy and emotional signatures from over the years. I had taken the Tardis to destroy the Time Engine at the High Sanctum of Korlan. But something happened.. something I did not plan for. And the loss sent my emotions to the levels of extremity I would not have dreamt of. And the Psychic precipitancy Sensors picked it up. The trap, once switched on, was to create a temporal fixation of bringing all versions of me to that very place, in their worst moments. Creating a paradoxical chain reaction so big, that no version of me could have solved in those emotional states. But attacking the Time Engine had sent the Change Engine on high alert. As you know by now, the Change Engine contains the essence of life itself. It can prolong, and mostly 'amplify' life to preserve life. Even its own. Like you did on Gamma with a few strands within your Tardis. And this was a whole Engine! It saved me, all versions of me, from the build-up of the massive paradoxical singularity. Glitching within one another, temporally phasing in and out. The immense pain. Like tearing us apart limb from limb. Peeling us layer by layer, and setting each little corner of each little tissue on fire! And all coming from at the worst moments of their lives. The Change Engine amplified whatever it could. The hate, disgust, rage, and the burning desire for vengeance once it was all over. And then it created a physiological amalgam of all the other versions within my current form. Me. The Valeyard! I wasn't the Doctor of war and peace anymore. I was Time Lord reborn. The high exemplar, the epitome of instigating submission and exacting revenge.

Doctor: So you are the Valeyard. And I am assuming you are also the Retterand?

Valeyard: Over the course of 2200 years, I have had many names. Oncoming Storm, Perfect Storm, Ender of Times, Butcher of Skull Moon, The King of Furiosa, The Harbinger, The Retterand, The Savior, The Emperor of Daleks, The Beyonder, The Master of the Roarkuxs,....The Time Sage.

Doctor: What?

Valeyard: Oh, yes. That too.

Doctor: But why? Why be - well, YOU and tell us to save the Gamma Forests?

Valeyard: Because I can, Doctor. Because I can. And I have plans too inferior to the scope of your understanding. I also manipulated an unknown Judoon to tip you off about the Time Webs.

Doctor: And what else CAN you do? Manipulate time and people, kill, destroy, lie, cheat, Oh I'm sorry did I miss any?

Valeyard[sternly]: I can do anything I want. Mock all you want Doctor. Playing the fool won't get you out of this one.

Doctor: We will see about that. Lord knows I have faced a lot. But this! This right here is all my nightmares come true. To save the universe from myself. A version and manifestation of all my evils so bent and retro of everything I stand for that I have had redoubtable episodes of fright sweeping in as to when you would show, ever since I reached my 10th regeneration. At least the one that I new to be so. I have had so much harbored doubt that whenever I remembered meeting another version of myself, I wouldn't truly ever be able to trust them at first. You, you did that to me. Not Rassilon or Omega. Not the Rani. Not the Master. He is as corrupt as they come. But this is one of the biggest factors that could tip the balances of the universe. For both of us. A version of me so evil that Master would actually find it amusing and rendible; and I would find it painful. So, no. No you won't succeed in anything you choose to do. Not if I have anything to say about it.

 

Valeyard: Who said anything about the universe Doctor? Do you know where you are? Can you even begin to comprehend as to why you couldn't call your Tardis? You are outside the bubble of your universe. All versions of your universe. This. This little bubble. It's mine. I was called the Beyonder because I created this universe beyond everything, out of other broken planets. This new bubble universe is called the 'Beyond' Universe; The REAL Beyond. Plus there is a psychic field covering the whole planet. Anything other than me, that does not share my physical and mental traits, my psychic lock links, are bound to submit to my will within the psychic fields. A total valley of submission. like you said - 'Not if I have anything to say about it'. And I have all the say I want.

[The Doctor's fingers twitches a little]

Doctor: Why?

Valeyard: Because it simply is , Doctor. Do you know how many parallel forms of Universe are out there? And how many alternates does each one have, stacked up through the void? Just today you might have created four or five more because one of the pets you keep onboard chose to wear a blue shirt instead of a red alternative. Do you? Because I DO. I have been to many of them. One where the Master isn't bad. One where he isn't but you are. One where The Dark took over Torchwood. One where Rose was never born. One where your sonic overloaded and backfired yesterday. One where Donna Noble never met you cause you died. And then she died. One where the Master rules over the Daleks. One where Leela was killed thrice. One where she is yo- OUR mother! One where even somebody like you can be Time Lord Victorious. I saw it all, and then I build one Beyond all of it, all sorts of primary and pocket universes. And within that is this place. The VALE of Vails. Valley of Submission. Where there are no creators. No builders. No destroyers. No guardians. No saviors and masters or lords. There is just me. And everything lies below me.

Doctor[sniffs in hard and efforts]: Ginger!

Valeyard: Whaaat?

Doctor: Was I ever a ginger in any of those?

Valeyard: You still play the fool and stall. I would admire how persistent you are even had I not seen it over a hundred times already.

[Comes closer to his torso bind and operates the liquid metal on it, which responds to his touch]

 

Doctor: What are you doing? What-

[A long zap!]

Doctor: AArgh........AAaaaarrgggghhhhhhhh!

 

[The containment platform along with the manacles straighten up, with a helpless Doctor.]

 

Valeyard[bends over and whispers]: Like I said Doctor. Me. Then all of existence down below

 

[He slowly stabs and immerses the fingers of his gauntlet in his gut, waking him up with a short zap from the tubes at the end of his fingers.]

Valeyard: Oh! And just so you know, there were other versions of you who were ginger. But I killed them the same way like the others. Easily.

 

Scene 4:

 

[The Valeyard walks out to the more open parts of the cavern. The Doctor's containment platform has been wheeled in a vertical gurney behind him, by organic Daleks, while the regular ones follow. The Master has been wheeled in too, but now in a long cryogenic tube.]

 

Valeyard: Are you awake Doctor? Wakey-wakey! Or are you even weaker than the rest?

The Doctor barely manages to keep his eyes open.

Doctor: Rest?

Valeyard: Time Lord Kill-list. With versions of you and others. Remember the hit-list at the trials? Well, this one has been more multiversal.

Doctor: How many?

Valeyard: It would not help you to know. The Master has destroyed Atlantis, Logopolis, Earth, a few times. Gallifrey even. He had surpassed his inhibitions about killing even before that, when he was supposed to be helping in the Last Great Time War. He has perversed the sanctity and simplicity of Death itself and converted them to Cybers. Many times. He has cannibalized species and turned them on each other. How much ideas do you think you could come up with if you turned evil?

Doctor: I wouldn't.

Valeyard: Oh, but you have.

Doctor: You never did answer me. What happened to you?

Valeyard: What?

Doctor: Last I saw you this driven was at the trial. I send a feedback through a ray phase shift that should have stopped your exploits and your reach into the Matrix. Then it all exploded, I believe. I did feel a shadow of you over the years, and even before everything else. Before the trials, after it. After we faced as many times after. In between. You were always there - sometimes far off, sometimes staring right at me. Where were you then? And why do you want to kill me so badly? Just to dissolve me and have regeneration of your own? Clearly you have found a way around, since you have my face. How? Why?

Valeyard: Wouldn't you like to know? And I do not want to kill you Doctor. Not right away. Having said that, I do not deem you that worthy of living either. But you do not die, not yet. I have been trying to end you since within the Matrix for the rest of your regenerative abilities.

Doctor: Why?

Valeyard: Because it is for the taking. Unlike so many other versions of the universe, you are one of the few Timeless Child who has a surplus of them. River gave you all hers, didn't she? And then the Time Lords, sanctimonious and arrogant fools that they are, gave even a few more to the Timeless Child himself! That too for a question. The first question of all. Doctor Who? Doc-tor Who?

Doctor: Dangerous territory. Do not keep repeating it. Something bad might happen to you, you know.....

Valeyard: You still joke. But do you even know where it came from, the oldest question in the universe?

Doctor: I would suppose the oldest beings in the universe. Or else somebody might have been very dramatic and fond of the extremity of superlatives.

Valeyard: It came from River.

Doctor: What? How? How could it come from River?

Valeyard: Because she loved you Doctor. Loved us. A love so undeserving and a notion so unswervingly deniable that the universe rejected it.

 

Scene 5:

 

[Over memory-

River: I've been sending out a message. A distress call. Outside the bubble of our time, the universe is still running, and I've sent a message everywhere. To the future and the past, the beginning and the end of everything.]

Valeyard: She sent out a distress call to everywhere; to all bubbles of universes. Even as far as me. To all time possible. As far back and stretched into the forefront of existence our minds can take us. 'Help the Doctor. Save the Doctor'. And everybody heard. Not just the Gallifrey at the end of the universe, in the protective bubble of its own. But all cultures and all of history too. Even the oldest versions of Gallifrey. Where nobody knew who you were. When even you hadn't decided on the values you put into the paradigm of your existence. When only nomadic Shobogans roamed wild, travelling wherever they can. And nobody knew where to answer to. River sent her prayers from somewhere all of Time was happening at once. So all versions of Gallifrey, Skaro, Guardian Space of Al'Khatat, Atropos, all the visible 321 Solar Planetary Orbital Systems, and all those who can answered. Doctor Who? Doctor Who? And the Gallifrey at the end of the universe, ever so enthusiastic when it comes to saving their own skin in the fight, picked up on that resonating thought. Doctor Who? Knowing your history, which is mostly similar, in parts, throughout all the universes, they used it as a way to bring Gallifrey back into the prime state of your universe, psychically projecting a multitude of that question. Into the scarred fields of Trenzalore. And then began the Kovarian chapter trying to reach parts of your timeline in order to ensure that Silence would fall, and that you would never answer. They even created River for that. For something she herself started. Who was she to ever fall in love with but you? The race of idiots that created her to prolong a paradoxical anonymity, however resolvable. Or the man who saved universes, dazzled her off he feet and changed how she viewed the world?

Doctor:..Trenzalore. We all end up there someday.

Valeyard: I do not.

Doctor: You were called a Doctor once. What changed you? What caused all of this?

Valeyard: You really want to know don't you? You do know there is nothing to redeem in me. But you still persist. So is it your usual disposition to help and resolve or something with the equivalence to pure hate? Maybe I did stir up something in you after all. Go on then, hate me. Make us proud. Maybe you might make a decent Valeyard.

Doctor[coughs]: Tell me anyways. Go on, indulge me. I am bound and beaten. How afraid can you really be to boast about your victories?

 

Scene 6:

 

Valeyard: I was formed in and within the Last Great Time War. An apparatus of war, with all your qualities and none of your moral hindrances. Marked in blood and destined to be alone. But fortune did not favor me or my endeavors. I was lost, in more ways than one. After that I chose to live as the Doctor for quite a while. The real Doctor in my universe was gone by then, and I filled the gap. Both physically. And mentally. I acted and saved and preserved like the ‘Doctor’. With a psychic stamp and lock preventing me from regaining by older traits, I was all there was to safeguard the universe.

Doctor: That’s a shock.

Valeyard: But like I said, then came the burden of truth and a split-second mistake. The Master’s trap brought along the worst versions of the ‘Doctor’, near-Valeyards, one those who encountered recent losses, one who took refuge under a darker shade too many, Dream Lords, Division Agents, treacherous little versions and put them all together. And the Change Engine amplified every life it could find. Every feeling within. Recent and past. And found my body to incorporate it within.

 

Doctor: And then what? You didn’t just get up one day and start deciding to kill me, did you? Although, knowing you…

Valeyard: No, Doctor. I didn’t. How much do you remember about our encounters?

Doctor: So-so. Some new. Some old. And a pitiful bitter taste after in my mouth.

Valeyard: Your trials

Doctor: That was a hard bit to forget.

Valeyard: I was recruited by the High Council from your near-future at that time. At the very end of the Last Great Time War. And told to stop you by any means needed. Even defame you and undermine your efforts if need be. To hide their involvement.

Doctor: A lot surprise there…

Valeyard: Although I was from another universe, every Valeyard is an abstract of the ‘Doctor’. So barring reaches and boundaries, such a projection of one’s darker sides can cross over universes to a similar parental source, to-

Doctor: Torment me?

Valeyard: Hence, my travel and adventures were a bit known to your high council. As it turns out, I would not be the first Valeyard from another universe to contact you, down the line in your time stream.

Doctor: What did they offer?

Valeyard: Your regeneration. Then the trials happened. And I escaped as the keeper of the Matrix.

Doctor: I am guessing...just guessing. Your trials happened next? At the Space Station?

Valeyard: Yes. My trials at the Space Station Courtroom, on the moon above the gas-giant Etharo. However it did not start with me. It started cause the Court had got trace of another Valeyard, who claimed his origins to be from the experimentation of the 13th Doctor. I killed him and took his place and the events unfolded as they were.

Doctor: What did they want with him? With you?

Valeyard: To execute me of course. And kill my secrets with me. My origins and powers that you were so eager to uncover, and the Time Lords were so keen on salvaging for themselves. Which, if not fulfilled, they were willing to let my secrets die with me, out of anyone’s reach. So that they could have the only version of Valeyard produced or extracted in the future. If possible. I however escaped, post tampering with the Matrix.

Doctor: I am sensing a pattern here.

Valeyard: Next, I impersonated Zinnerman on the War-Moon of Zaardogra and ordered a hit on you.

Doctor: I remember.

Valeyard: For more than three years, I used to work there. I acquired tech, gave out Time Lord secrets for a living and tried building a dimensional event ship. But I was out of resources, so I settled for a dimensional pod extrapolator. I traveled almost to the edge of different universes even, outside our own.

Doctor: Then? [His hand twitches again, and nobody notices.]

Valeayrd: When traveling through the edge of universes, I was assaulted by the phasing-in form of another Valeyard. A future version of me. My extrapolator ejected and phased me out to materialize at his end. I was caught in a planet’s atmosphere and was rescued by a patrol ship. My form was disabled. Damaged and physically almost beyond repair. My organs giving out. One of my hearts going into temporal-arrhythmia.

 

[Dalek voice-over can be hear in the backgorund, conversing. A patrol of Daleks move behind them, from left to right].

Doctor: Make it short, will you? As it is the last thing I hear before I die will now be your evil voice and pepper bot death squads screaming exterminate!

Valeyard: I then traveled to a parallel set of dimensional Nexus, to repair myself with the harnessed energy. That is where the Master from your universe first found out about me. He was there to make his own ends meet, which caused a malfunction and different universes to intersect at the Nexus point. In between, I also journeyed to a distant moon, in search of a psychic imprint source to take over the Matrix and shape Time Lord history in my own image. If my own form was degrading without regeneration, maybe I could have outsourced my essence elsewhere, to other bodies. Same consciousness, different package.

Doctor: That wasn’t short.

Valeyard: That is when I found the Nathemus. Without my extrapolator, travel was limited. However, I went back to the multi-phase event where I lost my extrapolator. I rode the shock-wave to another universe, for a limited time, and stole a psychic extractor device.

Doctor: Wait...wait. Wait. Just let me guess! And the...you met me. Again.

Valeyard: No need to be eternally smug about it, Doctor. With the psychic extractor, I stuck the Nathemus on to the Symbiotic Nuclei of your Tardis. Driving it into the radiation caused the regeneration into your seventh version.

Valeyard: [Pauses] Little did I know, that after his adventures with you and the Rani, the Master had rode the shock-wave with me and followed me. Seeing me get the Nathemus and psychic extractor. That is where he, or some other alternate form originated the idea to get a psychic precipitancy trap for me.

Doctor: Shocker-shocker...mind blocker!

 

Valeyard: At that point, multiple versions of the Valeyard made their approach out of the Matrix. Those that been stuck in the Matrix of your universe, over the years. And you got stuck with one too. A future version of your sixth self did, at least. While you escaped safe. An echo remained back with a Valeyard. Years later, he tried to escape but I killed and took his place.

Doctor: To do what?

Valeyard: To take his life-force of course. And his Tardis. Yes, Doctor. Surprisingly, he had one of his own. My Tardis and Battle Tardis were destroyed and beyond much repair. Laid in the ruins of the High Sanctum. My extrapolator was gone. But I had to travel. So this was the next logical step. I reverted back to my old habit of going as the Doctor, to lay low for a while.

Doctor: Why?

Valeyard: I was in a weak state, and had found a serum, similar to the Elixir. That would help me regenerate, but with limitations and restrictions. The regeneration that I acquired from my Doctor were all but over. He was a Timeless Child too, but taking his regeneration into a different morphological abstract limited it’s capabilities to a certain number. Instead of changing over and over, renewing, it kept me alive in the toughest conditions. In the worst of states. Even without a Watcher form.

Doctor: Huh…

Valeyard: That is where I met Bernice Summerfield. Unwittingly, she actually helped me in the dig, believing I was the Doctor.

Doctor: I remember.

Valeyard: I had the source of regeneration. But I needed energy to kick the process. So I went back in time to the state leading back to me phasing in to myself. I knew what I had to do. Me being more down the time stream, the enhanced extrapolator appeared to me by default.

Doctor: You are a nuisance even to yourself, you know that?

Valeayrd: Then I met a version of me in an alternate universe, where the Valeyard was collecting raw emotions to power his ‘Dark Matrix’. He even took to the guise of Jack the Ripper, fueling in emotions of fright and terror through the Ripper murders. Soon you showed up, at the urge of some alternate-old friends.

Doctor: Ian and Barbara.

Valeayrd: What had to happen, happened. There I saw a somebody else sneaking in as well. Who I believe to be a version of the Master. He and I both saw what the Other Valeyard did - using other different versions of yourself to torment you. Wraiths of time. A First Doctor, who destroyed the whole race of Time Lords, once he left Gallifrey. A curly and irregular Doctor, who destroyed the birth of the Dalek-kind. A fifth version, who let Peri die at Androzani Minor. That is probably all that the then-Master needed to inspire him to complete his plans.

Doctor: And what did you do?

Valeayrd: While you were busy with corrupted incarnations, occupied at the church, I used the subsequent release of energy from the Dark Matrix and the destruction of the Ripper Tardis, to power my regeneration, and fled. I finally had all I wanted. Not just sustain my living with a few faces from somebody else. But My own set of regeneration.

Doctor: Yet you chose my face?

Valeyard: Yes, Doctor. I did. To remind you of what how different I am than you. Looking at yourself with your very own eyes, and all you can reciprocate is a sense of hate and distrust. The torment should be burning you up inside.

Doctor: It does.

Valeyard: After that, for a short period of time, the universe around me felt out of balance. An Unbound version of the Valeyard from another Universe had come in, along with an old version of you. He killed that Fourth incarnation, thus foolishly jeopardizing his own state of future. I killed him, of course. But more so, I reveled in the fact, that unlike him, I was not bound to you anymore. I was finally free of you. With a life of my own. I wasn’t a component of your prolonged existence.

 

Doctor: An Unbound version...huh. And what was so bad about being a component of my existence. When were you made. How were you made. What you just told me is a version of my story, but from your side. Most of which I already knew. But what made you? Why be a Doctor, and give it up?

Valeyard: You really want to know?

Doctor: Yes, I do.

 

 

Scene:

 

[On the other hand, Layla and Daniel are looking after the crew and formulating a plan how they are going to save the Doctor. And the Master. And Layla remarks that the best person to incite hope and a method of solution was the Doctor himself. And now he has gone God knows where.]

 

Scene 7:

 

[Multiple alien voices in the background.]

 

Valeyard: Listen at your own peril Doctor. You know best, we are in the habit of giving really long speeches. As you say, I once wore the title of the Doctor. Proudly even. And then I didn't. Like you, I have almost had similar adventures. Like you, I have had my share of losses and defeats to begin with. There have been other Valeyards throughout this multiverse. That come from you. One that was experimentally drawn out from you. One that was created as an effort to strengthen the Gallifreyan Black Operations and Stealth Incursions during the Dalek Wars. Each have their own story. But I was different. I was the one that you created. During the Last great Time War.

Doctor: No! That couldn't be..I possibly couldn't.

 

[Over a recollection of scenes through the Time War]

Valeyard: The version of you in my universe did, having used a Transmat while a Genetic Modifier was still in your possession. I was a manifestation that was drawn out of my own timeline and ended up within the Time War itself. I resembled a version drawn out directly from after your trials because that is the version the Time Lords knew of, while my real form and timeline was absolved of any trace of me. But I did not look the part, young and angry and temperamental, as I once did during the trials. The Time differential of drawing out this version had aged me considerably. Turns out the whole thing had been engineered by the Gallifreyan High Council, who saw me more suitable as an errand for war, while also putting physical limitations on me and keeping me in check. After failing with the War-Master and other versions of the Valeyard on trials, I was chosen. Because I had your qualities, but did not hesitate to take drastic steps. Free of the burden of your morality, I was the ultimate soldier for the Time War. I had the gut to get the job done, at whatever the cost. I masacared Spiderbot drones of the Dalek convoy, squashing them like ants under a boot. I overloaded the Kaled Mutations in their chambers and destroyed all Daleks in a splat on the Chrysilis sister-warship, in their sleep. While the Dalek Emperor was too busy with you and the other Gallifreyan forces. Things you would never consider doing, unfairly.

Doctor: And then what?

[Over a recollection of scenes through the Time War]

Valeyard: I was sent and instructed to recover a Dalek weapon on a planet that could potentially wipe out the whole race of Time Lords, yet retain their knowledge and memories in the universe, at the mercy of the Daleks. Our Data Cores and the Matrix, open for plunder once we were gone. I was under strict instructions to use the weapon on the Daleks instead. So that they were wiped out, while we still held their records and data. But a localized blast made the weapon malfunction, while some of the Daleks fled through a rift, along with the Dalek Time Strategist. The whole population of the planet was wiped out. The High Council created a frame of Time Loop over the whole planet, in a Time-Lock in order to hide their involvement and to imprison me. For about two hundred years, I was stuck in the same loop, trying to use the weapon at the start of the battle, and getting stuck at the end, with the weapon itself providing me a memory of those who were involved in the battle to be stuck with me, all still alive. The 'War' Valeyard is what you called me, I suppose, before becoming a warrior yourself, who perished in battle a few regeneration later. The weapon that stuck me in a loop had an effect on my memory. With your clothes, and carrying the burdens of your conscience, I was the Doctor! I was reluctant at first. In mind and soul, I considered myself the Doctor. For two hundred years I had been haunted by the reflex of wiping out a race, as I considered myself the Doctor. Self-righteous and simplistic. While the version before your Warrior persona came and broke the loop, I decided to still stay within the Time-Lock. I foolishly feared becoming the Valeyard again once I got out. There was too much death and destruction around me. I even restarted the Time-loop with his help because at least an echo of the planet had survived, within that loop. Coming from that particular regeneration, I had descended with all your base emotions. I did not want to be part of the war anymore. But soon, there was no more war. No Daleks, no more Gallifrey. No more. A word that reverberated and echoed through all the universe. Everybody was tired of the war. And so was I. I was stuck in a time loop again, this time out of my own choice, until something, or someone worked it out and released me. I did not pay much attention to the who and what back then.

Doctor: Then what happened?

Valeyard: I chose to live as the Doctor did. The Warrior had passed on a few more regeneration. But after a few years, he was shot mid-regeneration by his version of Torchwood. My regeneration were a bit different than yours A few familiar faces. A few different ones. I did not have much companions to begin with. But some of them came along soon enough. Mel. Gabby. Martha. Donna. Amy, Rory. River. Clara. Bill. And Nardole. The universe was a big place to work alone, with all the emotions running through and the basic sentimentality of yours weighing on me. It was my 11th, No! 12th Regenerative cycle, I suppose. Old, Scottish- stern and stoic. But always on the verge of asking myself if I was good enough. Probably like you, even I had the chance to meet my previous selves. The Voord had heard about the return of the Time Lords of Gallifrey, through the cracks of reality and they were afraid. Too afraid to go back to how it was during the Time Wars and very unlike the Silents to be bold enough and attack me head on. Perturbed at the idea to loose their newfound way of life to the Time Lords of old, they repurposed a Dalek Time Continuity Engine and build their own pocket dimension, and stuck to it, taking themselves out of the equation of reality itself. Removing themselves from the universe also had the advantage of erasing all memories of their species. Little did I know then that an alternate version of me had agreed to become the leader of their group mind and orchestrated everything. Then they exploded a Dalek Continuity bomb to divide us. It altered the progressive continuity of our timelines by changing minute details in our life,.... depending on whatever the bomb's programmer chooses it to be. As I stood there with my partners, as a Time Ghost, I saw all versions of me. Their losses, their squandered prerogatives, their loneliness and the life we were bound to follow. I saw a version that chose to stay with his love and still couldn't find peace because the universe around him still needed saving. I saw a version that chose pride and vanity over peace and claimed himself victorious above all. But even he did not find what he was looking for. And then I saw me- bound to alone forever. Wondering if I was good enough. If I was, why was I betrayed? I must admit, a little, very small version of me wished that if I could have all of those scenarios again, I would gladly choose them, and maybe, just maybe I would do a better job than all they did. I could be Time Lord Victorious, be with River and be feared and respected throughout the universe. But it never happened. And then I was trapped in my confession dial. In a more conventional sense, I am around 2200 years old. But in the dial, I spent the psychic torment equivalent to near a Quadrillion years!

Doctor: I did not know that happened to you too.

And then soon enough I was the woman who fell to earth. After a year or so, I learned what the Master had done, and why he had done it. I learned that I was a Timeless Child, a secret so great that it powered a whole culture of Time Lords. But what did it do for me? Nothing! Curse of two hearts I suppose. While one of my hearts was beating fast with the anticipation of surprise and the newfound revelation of being a near-immortal, the other was even faster, pounding at my chest. Because I understood that this was my legacy. A whole universe took from me all it could, while I wasn't mortal enough to be worthy of company, of love, of respect. All I could do was walk alone. Forever. And it tipped me off the edge. But I controlled my rage best I could.

Doctor: And you did not snap?

Valeyard: I should have, Doctor. I really should have. If for nothing else. If not for ruining the essence of life itself. If not for begging the biggest question of “what-if” in the history of a species, alien and Time Lord alike. The biggest induced quantum resonance ever, if not just as deadly. A whole other life – gone. If not for re-purposing my life to their own needs. Then at least for the abuse to life itself. Killing me over and over. Ending my vitality, forcing me to die just to see what ticks and what clicks. But I suppose the inner you – the Doctor in me, stopped me back then. It was not my life, it was yours. But I felt affected any ways. Curse of being the Doctor, I suppose. Not that I knew there was any.

Doctor: I suppose it did.

Valeyard: Then I got to where you are. And then in the regeneration where I looked like you, I learned that I had been manipulated into fighting their wars even more. I learned about the Time Webs and the extensive damage it had done over the years. That! That set me off. I stole a decommissioned Battle Tardis, or what remained of it. I traveled to Korlan and destroyed the High Sanctum. But my fury and rage had killed Ohima II and her little sister Ohincko when a Time torpedo malfunctioned. My first proper kill. Or murder should I say. It disgusted me. There was blood on my hand that was unwarranted and uncalled for. Filled me with utter shame and rage at what I had done. It disgusted me even more that I did not have the power to revive them; to stop them from stepping into the realm of death like that. And just like that, in a flash it came to me! Through all the wipe of blood from their dead corpses and through all the boiling tears down my eyes- I knew now what I had to do. I could not pretend to be the fixer and savior anymore. I could not afford to be the madman in a box. Your sentiments were soft and near-sighted, which were pulling me down. I could not go searching for power in knowledge and peace. The universe was too cruel for that. I had to search for power in Power! I had to build a universe of my own. And then all the other versions converged on me, and the real me. The Valeyard, was born.

Doctor: What did you do?

Valeyard: What any power-hungry being does. Remove power to become power.

Doctor: Who?

[Over a descriptive montage of recollection videos]

Valeyard: The Master. While he thought he was escaping through a burning Gallifrey after the explosion, with his legion of Cyber-Masters, I confronted him. With a packet of Victorium raw-grenade with a similar death-particle stuck inside it, that I stole from another Universe. I deactivated the Cyber part of his new creations with an electromagnetic pulse from a broken Type-60 Tardis. I shoved the grenade in his mouth and bound him in deadlocked bars. Stuck him in an automated force-bubble within the Type-60 and sent him flying. As you would have probably guessed by now, The Victorium grenade dissolved as soon as he would have started salivating to a certain degree. I build arc-powered pulsar containment units to power the Cyber Masters. They were already corpses kept suspended at the brink of death, stopping them from regenerating. From thereon, whenever their bodily synapses were threatened or attacked, instead of a late and bizarre regeneration, the regenerative energy would go through the arc-powered unit. It would power up the Cyber-armors and a secondary brain that would keep them powered in a suspended state. Each arc-powered unit has enough energy to sustain at least 3-4 regeneration cycles. Just think! Cybermen who can regenerate at least three times. Then came the Cybercontrollers who were a bigger unit. Then Cyber-droids and Cybermats. All killing machines. I began my conquests with them. Everything I conquered, everything I killed, I uploaded to the Cyberspace databases within a Gallifreyan Hard drive, like Missy used to. Soon , I had fields covered with Gallifreyan Hard drive spheres. From Silents to Ravagers, to Logopolitans to primitive Cybermen and their converts. Everything they had, I had. Everything they knew, now I knew. And then I killed everybody else. Galactic outposts, Observation Clusters, The Shadow Proclamation, even my version of precious Earth. In a similar way, I uploaded them to the spheres, some of whom became warring tribes of Roto-disc Proto-humans. I christened them Toclafane. You get the irony in that, don't you. The 49th Great Sontaran Revolt was lost. The Silurian Uprising ended in a bloodbath. And then came the Daleks. For what is a War without a Dalek? I did what Rose had to do. All those years ago. Never said you cannot learn from weaklings, however pathetic they seem to you now. An array of Cyber-Masters, feeding in small ounces of energy from the Time Vortex itself, from within Emergency Tardises. Two groups of four such Cyber-Masters, and the Daleks did not stand a chance. I made Organic Daleks from the body of Pan Babylonians and New Humans from other universes. And then we come to full circle.

Doctor: Oh mighty Rassilon, you can talk! And nothing good. No wonder people do not hang by the console anymore. And all the death and destruction you caused felt justifiable to you? Make you whole inside? Made you feel like you are in power!? You were already pretty near to being an immortal. Like me. But why would you have to disrupt the life of others?

Valeyard: It is more than justified. Do you see any more death around here. Do you see helpless Timeless children being DNA-spliced and turned to soldiers? Dou you see extermination that I did not order? Do you see Dead Adrics and dead Jamie and dead Amys in here. Can you see an Angel taking her away anymore? Do you have to live frightened in here? Do you see Tegan running away? Do you see Rose crying or Clara leaving? No! I control life and death in here.

Doctor: And who controls you? Where does it all stop? Where does it lead? To what end?

Valeyard: It leads wherever I want it to. But today, it leads here-[gestures].

 

Scene 8:

 

[They have arrived at a natural intersection in the cavern. A huge cargo-forklift from Osterhagen Systems Corporation take them down to a parallel level of the panopticon. In the middle, through a hollow Perspex tubing, can be seen a version of a Tardis, through another. The contraption goes down atleast a few more floors. While the contraption exists like it is, nobody seems to notice it or interact with it. Not one of the beings even pass along it in proper regularity. Some are stepping and moving around in ultra slow-motion, while others are superfast and blurring by. Others even pass by, but a bit slower, like a drifting Time Ghost. At a single point and placement, time seems to be going in a hundred different ways for everybody.]

 

Doctor: What have you done-? You cannibalized it! You of all! This isn't a transfer of power. This is just a pure meal! Your are draining all you can from the Time Vortex from within the Tardises! One is acting as an organ of passage, while the other is a mouth, eating and spitting it out! And feeding them to the amplifier.

Valeyard: With none the wiser. Everybody knows and hopes this is how the Time Vortex has always been, when in actuality, it can be so much more. It can power so much more. But no one would ever know. You do not see a man complaining I stole from his pile of two buckets, when he himself goes on to belief there has always been one bucket with him.

Valeyard: It's my old Tardis in prototype mode. Running through it is a modulation of a Type XX Tardis Variant- TT Capsule XX220. An Emergency Tardis from a forsaken version of Gallifrey. Both of them together power my Time Distribution Antenna. I have travelled to all kinds of universes through that Rift. Even alternative ones and a few parallel ones, without weakening the state of reality. I can do everything, see everything. Go anywhere. Hop through the whole of void if i want to. I do not need a Time Web, Doctor. This is my 'Spear of Genesis'. Tip of Change. Right now Time is as alive as it can be. Time is my stallion and this is what I stab at its underbelly to make it run as I want.

Doctor[tries to straighten up]: This is sheer madness! Nobody should have this much power, not this kind. Not even you. Stop it now or it will be too late.

[While checking pads and handing it back over to his humanoid correspondents]

Valeyard: I can and I have over the years. I understood the mere truth that nobody in the universe holds the power, could hold the power to save you, but You. I went back in time. With a single burst from the Spear of Genesis, I freed my other self from after the Time Wars, breaking his loop.

 

Doctor: But why go to all this trouble? What could you possibly hope to achieve!? Stealing my life I understand. Extracting the baser instincts of a species I understand. Sabotaging my Tardis I get. Corrupting the whole Matrix, however low, I can begin to understand. By why this?

Valeyard: Power, Doctor. What else could possibly interest me? Power and invincibility.

[Over gradual pieces of video montages and 3D sketches] Over the years, many species had wondered about the true nature and origin of time. Since the dawn of Time itself. They were afraid of it. Of what is it they were existing within and how abruptly it can discard them. Of the relative existence within, and apparently after Time. Was death and demolition the end of Time, or was it independent of such triviality? The path time follows and what it means for us. The adverse effects. The presence of sentient Travel capsules that could draw power from time itself. The corresponding symbiotic nature that Time jumper and Time beasts have with Time. A conclusion was drawn that maybe, just MAYBE- Time is alive. But this wasn't such a conclusive and publicly intransitive factoid. The secret was well guarded, and stayed only with the order of Guardian Priests of Time. The first of the Guardians, who had massive inhibitory restrictions on the full extents of their power. When they opened the lock on their temporal forms, they could appear to us mere beings in a more comprehensible form of figure; in what they called the NOW Present, or the THEN Past. Or even in a TO BE Future. In these forms they were not the Guardians anymore. Then called the order of Mouri, they operated out of the Temple of Atropos on the planet of Time. The first chunk of planetoid that came into gradual but subsequent and responsory existence, born out of the massive singularity that created everything! No Big Bang. Just existence. No drawn out period or variability. The start of anything. And everything. When the Flux hit the planet of Time, the Temple of Atropos suffered extensive damage, with the Mouri bearing the load of such destruction. Remember how you felt back then? Each unsubstantial yet unorthodox existing inch of the Flux, devouring every law known. Eating up all in sight in a vast swarm. The trembling of the crust. Each piece of rock turning out and imploding from the inside. The pain and anguish of each sub atom, quark, gluon and I-particles being grained out to extinction! The Mouri of the Temple of Atropos feel the same way. They could feel it all. Except they feel it for every alternate version of existence. They are Time. They reside in Time. At the passage of Time. The singularity that began it all. So they are free of the bounds. They can feel it all in the Past and the Future point of anything. To them their is no direction. You can sense direction when you are a man crossing a road and look for the train to your left or right. You however do not need directional inputs when the train is a mere toy in your hand, and you look down upon your make-believe tracks. One which you can flip with ease of effort. The train passes at their choice and distinction. Similarly, all of time passes through the Mouri. All of time has to pass through the Mouri. Not in a regulatory or tyrannical sense though. They just hold and facilitate time. From the planet of Time. The first Planet ever. Where all spatio-temporal reading and all space-time coordinates are nullified. Something that has always existed and something that always will.

 

Doctor: And what did you do?

Valeyard: When the Flux finally hit, and for mere moments, the Temporal forms of the Mouri that exist in the Now Present were threatened by Swarm and Azure, I saw my window of opportunity. I fired the Spear of Genesis for the first time ever. And it did not pass through the Mouri. It existed totally out of the recorded span of time, in my own form of universe! Only I knew about it. Something that never was and cannot be traced. Something that can never be known. Never be put in a Time-lock or seal of any kind. Like you, I had erased myself from Time before. But to not have anything to erase at all is infinite freedom. The pure allure of it can make you go mad. Each time I use it, the Spear of Genesis, no one will ever know. Except me. And probably you. Right here, right now. There are no recorded perceptions, no signatures, no energy outputs, no point of reference. Not even a minuscule strain of thought about it that exists in all of time. And I never stopped.

Doctor: To do what?

Valeyard: I have been busy Doctor. Over the years I have done a lot of stuff in a lot of different universes. My erratic rage cooled down as I understood what I had to do. In my own time I went back and let Wilfred Mott die in the Naismith Mansion. I put the memory of it in a time-lock and made my other self forget about it, to stick to the chain of events; so that when the time came I knew what had to be done. I was Time Lord Victorious rebound and had control over as many universes as i liked. In one of them I facilitated the improper use of Anti-Genesis Codes to make The Master the creator of the Daleks. As a test run, I tested my eukaryotic templates there, in the more-stable Dalek future, with the help of Dalek-Sec. My Human-Dalek Engineers build Void ships along with the Cult of Skaro that you had faced. Once, I killed Torchwood and instructed Assassin monks of the Delirium Archive Guards to experiment on Captain Jack, killing him in as many ways as they can to discover the full extent of his immortality. That is, until they cut his head and it fell into a supply bucket of the Elixir of Life that they were sprinkling. In one universe, I advised the notorious Meddling Monk to swap out versions of yourselves. Then I went back to torment or know about versions of you in different universes. That's when I met most of you. During the trials and after that. Some were successful attempts. Others- not so much. Hundreds of years. Time had mellowed me out a bit. They even forced a few of my regeneration too early, when I actually acquired the power to do so. I was a whole different being back then. Playing you for the fool, so desperately trying to win. Have the last laugh. I even met the Master from your universe a few times. And then I reverted back to this face again. Old and reliable. In a few universes I started the Order of the Retterand, or as you come to know it as-

Doctor: Osterhagen Systems Corporation[coughs].

Valeyard: Yes. I also rebuild the MASER tactical payload in one universe. For two years, I contracted the male drones of the Dominator Insects of the Mind from an Earth and send them off to spy on different universes. I learned that the Time Webs were a prevailing factor in many of them. So I used the Spear of Genesis to stir things up in those universes, like I did in yours. So that one day, you may learn about the Time Webs.

Doctor: What good is that gonna do?

Valeyard: To make more of me of course! I have tormented and killed Doctors before. Ones with the weak resolves and moral high grounds. All kinds of them. The chins and sideburns and righteous big noses, the brows, the curls, the angry one, the writer, the God-complex one, the thinker, the old one, the nutty one, even all the females.

The Warriors and what you call the 6th regenerative versions. That is before you knew how old we actually are. Those two have vexed and nettled by interests the most. They had the potent qualities to be ruthless. To end all wars if they wanted to. Instead, even they succumbed and cowered behind rules and principles. That is why I usually went back to points in their timestream the most. Like I said, I have killed a whole lot of them. But I have never made one! One who was tipped off the edge, as much as I was. One who had blood on their hands. One who did not act like their usual all-knowing imbecile selves. One who understood the fright and horrors of this multiverse. And one who was willing to change it.

Doctor: And that is why you let us know about the Time Webs. To see if it pushes us to the point of becoming you?

Valeyard: Yes

Doctor: I thought you said you were irredeemable. That you did not need anything else but power. That everything was beneath you. Nothing was secure and reliable enough for you. Now you need others like you? Beside you!?

Valeyard: Do not test me Doctor! I used to be you. You have just recently learnt what I learned all those years ago, what made me into who I am. In essence you still represent a part of me. You are not some half-wit, blundering second-rate adversary I have to dispose of. Act the part you were meant to!

Doctor: Oh, there have been times! A roller-coaster of times. Times where I thought I would have the upper hand on Time, because time is not the boss of me. [Mutters] Have I said times too many times here!? There were times where loss humbled me. And then there were those that made me as erratic as you are. Made me a hybrid, feared by my own kind. Mentioned even by the Daleks. Drove me to the ends of the universe. Like you, I had seen all versions of me too, as a Time Ghost. Before reverting back, the Voods had touched a nerve! But I had company. Even, in death and loss, I had friends who stuck by me. Made me understand that this is not who I was, That is not what I was meant to do. Anybody can be a warrior and a hero. But I- I am the Doctor! Save lives, poke your sanity and press your buttons! What I was meant to do was this-

[He moves his fingers, as if virtually pressing something. Meanwhile, settings get automatically pressed on the sonic, carried by an Organic-Dalek.]

Valeyard: No! What is that? What did you do?

Doctor: Receptive ventrical nanobots in my palm. Virtual Touch Sensors! Operates my sonic from a distance. Got it after Trenzalore. And then this-!

 

Scene 9:

 

[Form the past-]

Master[OC]: After Gamma. Old habits I guess-....Installed a subroutine to your Tardis recall function.

Doctor: Next time, don't!

His Sonic quickly makes a copy of the Recall function subroutine while zapping his arm. The Bars of the download gradually fill up.

Over Memory-

Master[OC]: ....The one who started everything. I remember what happened to me-

[The Doctor had the recall function activated throughout his journey through the Time Vortex. The Master's Tardis had followed them, latched on to their flight pattern and silently settled on the planet. He blinks a light from his sonic, through his pain. A light blinks four times, in the rhythm of the Materialization Brakes and signals back from a distance, miles away, like a code. We see that the Master's Tardis has gone into Active-Camo mode and looks almost see through from up above]

Meanwhile-

Valeyard: No! What is that? What did you do?

Doctor: Receptive ventrical nanobots in my palm. Virtual Touch Sensors! Operates my sonic from a distance. Got it after Trenzalore. And then this-!

The trusty old Tardis sound. Except its the Master's Tardis. Still shaped like a pod. And it settles behind him.

Valeyard: No! Stop him, shoot him down.

 

[The Human-Daleks react before the other kinds. They turn around and start shooting singe-bursts. The Doctor closes an eye in recoil. The Tardis takes the first few shots. Fingers still moving, he makes the Tardis screech along to the Daleks, soon as they were about to take a shot. The Dalek on the right gets moved and makes a disoriented shot, shooting down the Human-Dalek shells and another Dalek. A few Anti-gravity sensor globes explode, knocking the Valeyard a few steps back. The thick base-fender along with the thrust dais slides near the Doctor. The Doctor again virtually moves the Tardis mid-air and knocks down a shooting Dalek head up to ground level. The eye-stalk and shoulder gun align almost to the level of the Doctor's feet. After a few tries, his leg-manacles get shot free.]

[The Valeyard looks up at him]

Doctor: You have Spear of Genesis, I have Lady Luck and a tiny electromagnet in my hand!

[He makes a gesture and a plug-hole appears in his wrist. With a glow, the Sonic jumps back to his hand. He quickly signals the thrust dais which attaches along his gurney. Swiveling him away with each shot taken at him.]

Once free, he raises his Sonic like a mace and hard-presses a switch. The Doors of the Tardis open up with a slide.

Doctor: Oi! Yeah, You! The Vile of the Vale of the Vails. Meet the Energy of the Vortex of the Time!

[A single continuous shot of Time Vortex energy fires through the Tardis to modulation tubing, to the XX Tardis. It lights up the whole area like a solar storm]

Valeyard[covers his face]: You are sending out a distress beacon, made from the power of the Spear of Genesis. Strong enough to cross over a few universes! Clever. But you and the Master are alone here, in my universe! What do you possibly hope to achieve?

Doctor: Oh, I don't know. World peace, less Global warming. Magna-lava and Dilito Choco chip ice cream. A new fez, maybe. And this!

[The whole cavern shakes! The Valeyard looks up. A Ship thrusts in through the ceiling [ode to SS Titanic] and settles down in the rubble  with a thud! Its bulbous bow reads - SS Rose Tyler.]

 

Valeyard: Whaat? Whaat? WHAAAAT!? AAaaaaaagghhhhhhhhhhh! Doctooorrrrr!