Dominion Tank Police Fan Fiction ❯ is it for the best ❯ catching up ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Authors notes: First things first its time to make so acknowledgements manly out to tastc for some great times dean has to learn about them though. And too foxy for pushing and pushing and pushing for me to write this and also for the positive feedback. I'm still learning to write creatively and expand my horizons so off I go.

Disclaimer: I own nothing absolutely nothing

Is it for the best

Chapter two: catching up

Al headed towards the station not running but a slow stagger it hurt to walk his chest was still tender from the wound it had received not to long ago. He staggered on towards his goal relentlessly not stopping but still showing signs of the pain his body was going through. His mind was on a single track and that was to find out what happened when and why it happened.

The outside was bitter and cold and it was a huge relief to his body when he entered the station it was such that he silently thanked god for the station having heating. He continued to walk through the station head down ignoring those who passed him. They had all made a silent agreement not to confront the young officer or his motives although a few of them admired him for his courageous act.

Al pushed open the door to the office of his superior and slumped down into the chair still hanging his head down. The chief seeing this deiced to speak up and address the problem directly. Al placed his head between his hands.

`Al' the chief addressed him in a formal voice

Al didn't respond he just sat there in a quiet frozen lifeless state.

`Al you came into my office why it's clearly not to mope'

`Sir….' He choked out `what happened is everyone ok'

`We have no officers checked into the hospital al if that's what you mean'

`No sir is everyone ok'

`You have already heard my awnser al'

Al got up and left the room. He had seen everyone today Four Eyes, Nam, Rev and Sophie all greeted him there was but one person that he didn't see. Leona hadn't come in today and al didn't know this and assumed she had suffered the same fate he nearly had. He walked into the officer changing rooms it was deserted.

Leona checked into work why of all days did she have to be late to work today. Today was the day al got back into the station. She prayed she hadn't missed him and begun to ask around for him. They needed to talk.

Al broke down. He couldn't help it he had been willing to give his life and it had proven worthless. She was gone he would never see her again. He started shaking his knees and elbows never staying still for a second. Until his legs gave way and he was left still shaking on the bench in the room.

And then Leona walked in.