Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction / El Hazard Fan Fiction / Ah My Goddess Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Love Hina Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Anime Isle ❯ Casting Off ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Anime Island: A Bloodraven/80 Production
Scene one: Casting off


(Scene: Bloodraven Marina, two miles south of Bloodraven Keep. Time: Late spring, early summer)

(As we look over the various vessels docked here, we see ARCH and some of his muses standing beside a large black yacht as ARCH sprays gold paint over a stencil)

ROBSTER80:(Off screen) Hey Arch! New toy?

(R80 & AMI80 enter)

ARCH: Hey Rob! You like it?

R80: It, or rather she looks great. Does she have a name?

MINA: We were just about to christen her.

AMI80: Then you'll need this. (Gives ARCH a bottle of wine) Rob kun doesn't drink but he keeps a small supply on hand for special occasions like this.

ARCH: (Looks at the label) A good year. I can't just break this. That would be evil. Ken?

KEN: A superb vintage... I can't do it- HEY! Are you saying I'm evil!

ARCH: And you're supposed to be a genius, and it took you that long to figure that out? (KEN glares) Never mind. What we need here is someone sensible...

KEN: And down to earth.

KEN & ARCH: Hey Ami chan!

AMI80: Leave me out of this!

R80: Not you hon. Ami B.

AMI80:Oh.

AMI BLOODRAVEN: (Off screen) Be right out. (AMI B enters in a tight blue bikini)

GUYS: (With hearts for eyes) Hellooooooo Senshi!

GIRLS: (With fire in eyes) BAKA HENTAI!!! (Wallop their significant other with a mallet, then hand them handkerchiefs for their nose bleeds)

AMI B: Oh please! (Ducks back in the cabin and returns with a blue DBZ tee shirt and a towel tied around her waist) Honestly, I'm not that attractive.

R80: HEY! That's my Vegeta shirt! (Whispers to Arch) It's really a pity she sells herself so short.

ARCH: (Soto voice) You're preachin to the choir on that one, buddy.

(Both get malleted by AMI80 & MINA)

ARCH: Good thing I brought a lot of aspirin.

R80: Hold still you three! (Winces and moans) It's gonna be a long trip.

MINA: Just keep your eyes on your own girl and that wouldn't happen.

ARCH: Since when was I your man?

MINA: Err... (Blushing furiously) That's not the point! You know Ami is Ken's girl!

ARCH:( Voice over) Yeah, and I'll bet you've got a thing for me or you wouldn't have hit me so hard. (Aloud) Yeah, that's why I invited them.

MINA: So why'd you invite me?

ARCH: Well... ( Blushing and stammering) B-b-because...

GOHAN: Because we're tired of her moping around the Keep. She's a one woman lonely hearts club.

MINA: Why you! I'll join a club and beat you with it!

AMI80: Looks like the Marx Brothers visited Arch on their last vacation. (MINA raises her mallet as SEIJITA steps in front of him and powers up)

SEIJI: Try it sister!

ARCH: (Steps between the two. Points at MINA) You, drop the mallet! (To SEIJI) You, power down!

SEIJI: But-

ARCH: NOW! (SEIJI growls but powers down as MINA tosses aside her mallet as ARCH drags her some distance away) Going up against Seijita? What are you trying to prove? Or are you just trying to get yourself killed?

MINA: (V.O) Not really but if that's what it takes to get your attention... (Aloud, pouting) Well he started it.

ARCH: Not the point. I... really don't want anything to happen to you. I... I like you a lot.

MINA: (Softly, Almost silently) Arch, if you give me that line about 'Let's be friends' I'll knock your head so far between your shoulders you'll think you're a turtle.

ARCH: (Soto voice) You and what mallet?

MINA: (Stepping closer) Who said I needed a mallet?

(The pair draw closer towards an inevitable kiss when a breaking bottle shatters the moment )

AMI B: I give you the SS Lightstar!

ARCH: Well done Ami. (Gazes at MINA , wondering how close they were and how far they might have gone.)

AMI B: (Catches a trickle of wine on her finger and tastes it before bursting into tears) Damn it! This was a good year!

KEN: Don't cry love. (Crosses to AMI B and draws her close) Maybe Arch has another bottle at home.

ARCH: I think I may. Lita, would you check on that when we get back?

LITA: (Nods) Consider it done, boss. Are we ready to go?

ARCH: (Nods and blows a seaman's whistle) All aboard!

(AMI B, KEN, MINA, ARCH. HOTARU, IORI, LITA, AMI80, and R80 board.)

ARCH: Aren't you two coming?

GOHAN: And miss this flying weather? Are you nuts?... Don't answer that! (GOHAN and SEIJITA power up and blast off.

BURTER: (Off screen) You're not leaving without us are you?

(BURTER and EXVEEMON80 land on deck. XV80 carrying SAKURA in his arms before positions were reversed as he reverted to VEEMON80 and jumping into SAKURA's arms)

R80: Glad you guys could make it, but what took you so long?

BURTER: We got stuck behind some poorly trained monkeys. (Beat) No offense to you Saiyins!

GOHAN: Are you saying I resemble that remark?

SEIJI: I dunno. I like it when you're a big rampaging beast, and I don't mean on the battlefield.

(GOHAN blushes furiously and wipes a trickle of blood from his nose.)

???: (Whispered voice) Hey guys?

R80: Groucho? Is that you?

GROUCHO: Not so loud boss! Look can I come with you guys? I gotta lay low for a while. There's a wanted poster that doesn't do me justice and I don't trust my family.

ARCH: Are you sure it's not your father again? Where are you anyway?

GROUCHO: Yes I'm sure it's not my father! Anyway, you see the water barrel?

ARCH: (Scans the dock) Oh brother! Not the one with the snorkel and cigar! Who are you hiding from, Elegant Mess?

GROUCHO: (Irritably) No, the Keystone Kops! Can I come with you guys or not?

R80: It's your boat Arch, whaddya say?

ARCH: We'll be gone about twelve hours, back by sundown. He can come so long as he loses that stupid disguise! (GROUCHO hurries aboard still wearing snorkel and smoking cigar) Now are we ready?

(PRIMA, OMNI, RIKA, and RENEMON appear)

PRIMA: (Reverts to KARI 02) Arch we can't make a quiet corner in that place.

RIKA: She's right Arch. If we don't get some quiet time with our other halves, blood is gonna fly.

R80: (quietly) Doesn't she mean flow?

Arch: (Sotto voice) You don't know Renemon's exit velocity. Or Kari's for that matter.

R80: O.O Exit velocity?

Arch: Let's just say she could teach ND Takeru a few sword tricks both in and out of the gym. (Raises voice) All right you four. Get aboard and let's cast off. (Mumbled) before Davis and Jun show up.

R80: No worries about that. I sent Jinnai and the Bugrom to hunt them down for us.

(TK and KARI jump and are helped aboard by ARCH and R80. RENEMON boosts RIKA into the air to do a triple somersault before landing in a crouch, as RENEMON prepares her Diamond Storm attack.)

RIKA: (Tenderly) Kitsi chan, we'll need the rope when we get back.

RENEMON: As you wish Iceheart. (unties the rope and springs on deck as ARCH starts the engine)

BURTER: Are you running a fever or something? You were actually nice.

RIKA: (Normally) What? Can't a girl be nice to her koi?

BURTER: Now you sound like the Rika we know.

ARCH: Hey Groucho, say goodbye to your fan club. (Waves at the Keystone Kops before sailing into the sun)