Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Majin Magic: The Guardian Saga ❯ Sake Spells ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Note: This is gonna be so stupid. But funny, too. Heck, it practically writes itself!

Warning: You should be familiar with Sakura's heritage if you want any of this to make sense. Also, you should be familiar with the final sagas in DBZ (from around the time Gohan entered high school).

Summary: A single (drunken) mistake with magic changes two universes forever. In one, two Guardians find themselves with a new master, and in the other, a young girl gets some unexpected lessons from an unlikely companion.

Majin Magic: The Guardian Saga

Chapter 1: Sake Spells

Keroberos wandered into his Master's study, not because he was curious, but because he felt he was needed.

Clow Reed was sitting in his favorite chair, sipping green tea. "Anything the matter, Keroberos?" he asked, not looking up from his work.

Keroberos stopped at his Master's side. "No. Could I be of some assistance?"

Clow looked at him and smiled: that fond, endearing expression that rarely failed to win anyone over. "Of course. I was just jotting down some ideas for future reference."

That was an understatement, Keroberos realized as his gaze landed on the roll of parchment. A very big one, to say the least.

The parchment was absolutely covered in Clow's light, graceful script. Though several areas were beyond the faithful Guardian, he was able to get the gist, more or less. Clow had detailed certain events, all of which were to take place centuries from that moment. It was impossible, of course, to know what significance they had, because Keroberos had never heard of any of the people and places involved.

"I thought perhaps I should be more detailed," Clow murmured. "What do you say?"

Keroberos sweatdropped. "I think the future generations will manage."

"It's good that you have such faith in them," Clow added mysteriously.

"Master?"

But Clow was already putting the parchment aside. "You must never underestimate the power of the human spirit, Keroberos. Even without magic, they have the potential to do great things."

"And with magic?"

Clow smiled again. "Ah, with it…" He sighed lightly, reaching out to stroke the Guardian's head. "Wonderful times, my friend. Wonderful, marvelous, astounding times…"

Keroberos frowned. His Master was generally an amiable person, but he seemed a little too joyful this night. "Is everything all right, Master?"

"You worry too much, Kero-chan," Clow replied slowly, and with obvious difficulty.

Keroberos's left eye twitched. "Kero-cha…?! Master, I DEMAND you tell me what-"

"There's no need to shout." Clow picked up his tea again, giggling softly to himself.

"Master," Keroberos chided sternly.

"Hmm?" Clow asked, bringing the cup to his lips.

"That is NOT tea, is it?"

"I never said it was, Keroberos."

The Guardian's other eye twitched. "You know you shouldn't drink while composing such crucial documents. Even the slightest mistake could doom an entire race to-"

"SILENCE!" Clow cried.

Instantly, a sour-looking, blue-tinted woman appeared and shushed Keroberos.

He quickly found himself outside, in the fountain, and soaking wet. "No good will come of this," he sighed. He slid out of the fountain, drying himself off as much as possible with a good shake.

Yue happened to approach the fountain at that moment. He paused upon spotting the other Guardian, and simply stared at him, as if to say, "What have you gotten yourself into now, you silly beast?" Yue's expressions had a way of speaking volumes, which was good since he rarely ever did, and yet bad, because Keroberos HATED those kind of looks.

"Not a word," the damp Guardian warned with a growl as he stalked past in search of a towel. And then, under his breath: "NO good will come of this. I just KNOW it!"

Yue turned to watch him go, blinked, and continued on his way, impassive as ever, but with perhaps a bit more pleasure in his step than was normal.

* * * * *

Some Centuries Later, In Another World

"Well, wizard," Frieza purred in a dangerous sort of way. "It certainly has taken you long enough to gather all the necessary energy. But if even half your claims are true, this creature will be more than worth the wait."

"I assure you he is, Lord Frieza!" Babidi chuckled, patting the large ball confidently. "Majin Buu is an unstoppable destructive force!"

"We shall see. And if he is not," Frieza continued, his white tail stretching out to curl gently around Babidi's neck, "then I shall squeeze the little life out of you that remains."

Sweating nervously, Babidi injected the last of the energy into the ball, which immediately began to pulse even more. After a few moments, a single, long crack appeared in its surface, and the ball split down the middle, spewing out pink gas.

"He's here! He's finally here!" Babidi crowed. "MAJIN BUU IS HE-"

But it was not Majin Buu. At least, Babidi didn't think so. While he'd never actually seen the infamous demon, he was fairly certain that whatever he was looking at now should've been very disappointing.

The slight, silver-haired boy glanced around nervously. "…Nani?" he whispered, his eyes wide with confusion. He was notably wingless and looked about as threatening as a pillow without the stuffing.

Beside him was a tiny, bear-shaped creature (with wings, but very tiny ones) wearing a frown. "I just KNEW we'd be the ones to get screwed in this mess," he muttered angrily.

The boy noticed the creature, stared, and then began to scream hysterically.

Frieza's tail tightened around Babidi's neck. "Farewell, wizard…"

Something splashed against the boy's back, and he screamed even louder upon seeing it was blood.

The bear creature's eyes widened. "Dear Kami, what has that fool gotten us into?!"

Frieza stared at the frightened boy with obvious interest. "It appears I'll need a new source of entertainment. And I think you could prove to be…quite a bit of fun." The Changeling lord licked his violet lips in anticipation.

The boy sweatdropped…but, for some odd reason, was not quite as repulsed as he perhaps should've been.

The bear creature sweatdropped as well. "Wait a minute. If we're here, then…WHO'S GUARDING THE CLOW BOOK?!"

* * * * *

Some Time Later, In Another World

Kinomouto Sakura was not a snoop. At least, not usually.

But today was different. Today, there was no one home, she was utterly bored, and the basement just seemed to call to her. And though she knew nothing was down there but her father's old, dusty books, maybe one of them would spark an interest in something her father enjoyed.

"What's this?" he would say, upon coming home and finding her pouring through a book on ancient artifacts. He'd beam at her affectionately and ask, "Are you going to become my apprentice, aijou?"

To which Sakura would vehemently deny ever finding archaeology the slightest bit interesting and never be caught with the aforementioned book again. But at least it would give her something to do.

She almost envied Touya, with his after school job. He probably never got bored. But then, between the job, homework, and chores around the house, he probably didn't have time to be bored. And Sakura would much rather be bored occasionally than to have no time to herself at all.

The basement was exactly what Sakura expected it to be: still, silent, and extremely dusty. The only light originated from a small window that was just above ground level, but too high for her to reach without help.

Sakura went straight to the bookshelves, occasionally brushing her finger along the dusty spine of a book that looked slightly interesting. She made her way up and down the aisles, then back again. On the third time around, she must've brushed a book a little too hard, because the next thing she knew, there was a growing bump on her head, and a large book on the floor.

Once the pain faded, she picked the book up and decided to browse through it, as a sort of revenge for it hurting her (although, again, that was probably her fault). There was an odd weight to it that was more difficult to handle than it was heavy, but she managed to get the book onto her father's desk in the corner.

The cover was a dark violet, surrounded by golden trim. There had once been some sort of seal in the center, but it had long since faded away. All that remained was a black, stylized letter M.

Sakura placed her hands on the cover, as if trying to will the meaning of the M to her mind. She wracked her brain for every word that she thought might apply. There was no way for her to know that even if she'd named every word she knew, she would never come across the right one.

But there was no need. She had answered the call, and touched the book. That was more than enough.

The clasp on the side of the book unlocked itself in silence, sensing the blood of its creator.

Sakura gasped as the book suddenly flew open, and yanked her hands back just in time to avoid having them flattened. "Hey! What…" She trailed off upon spotting a strange card inside the book. "The Mirror? Is that what the M stands for?"

The card began to glow bright blue, and seemed to be trying to pry itself from the book.

Startled but fascinated by the odd sight, Sakura carefully plucked the card loose. The glow faded at once, but the card felt warm in her hand. She picked up the next one, but there was no warmth. "Windy," she murmured faintly.

Something large and white flew out of the second card, and before Sakura knew what was happening, she was trapped in the center of a tornado of cards. She threw up her arms to shield her face, shrieking and tightly gripping the two cards. She thought she could hear the window breaking, but it was impossible to be sure over all the noise.

At some point, she became aware that she was not the only one shrieking, and that the winds were gone.

Sakura hesitantly uncovered her face.

There was a hollow, rectangular hole where the cards had been resting in the book. Now, there was only one card left inside it: The Power.

Standing on top of that card was a tiny, pink, pudgy…thing. The creature was wearing a black vest, a purple cape, yellow gloves and boots, and what seemed to be a large diaper. It was the other source of the shrieking, Sakura realized as it continued to do so.

It suddenly occurred to her that maybe that was her fault.

Without warning, the creature's wails increased tenfold, and its arms, along with four other appendages that suddenly grew out of its belly, extended up into the air and out of the shattered window.

Sakura continued to stare as the extra arms eventually returned, gripping a few more of the scattered cards. The creature stuffed the cards back into the book, then tore off his four extra arms, shaping them into a rubbery strip before laying it over the cards, apparently as a way to keep them from flying off again. Then it began to count the cards, which was a very long process. For one thing, it couldn't seem to get past six, and for another, every time it recounted, it started with a different number.

Finally, Sakura cleared her throat quietly.

The creature spun around, glared at her, and raised one gloved hand. "BUU!" it shouted angrily.

Sakura blinked. "Huh?"

A massive pink fireball appeared above the creature's hand, and it grinned wickedly at her.

"Hey…w-what are you doing?!" Sakura cried, backing away. "Stop that!"

"STEALER!" the creature cried angrily. "YOU NO STEAL FROM BUU AGAIN!" With a vicious laugh, it launched the fireball straight at Sakura.

"NO!!!" Sakura screamed, covering her head with her hands and crouching as she felt the incredible heat draw nearer…