Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Majin Magic: The Guardian Saga ❯ A New Master ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2: A New Master

Sakura waited for the intense pain, but it never came. Confused (and very much afraid), she slowly turned around.

The creature was right in her face, hovering an inch or so away from her nose. It seemed to be studying her face closely, almost as if it was trying to remember her. She noticed, with some dismay, that it had not gotten rid of the fireball, but had merely put it to the side for the moment.

"Um… hello," she said at last, waving nervously and slowly, so she wouldn't scare it.

The creature tilted its head a bit, then flew closer. The skin that extended from its head to form a long, curious appendage moved slightly, then reached out to brush Sakura's nose.

Sakura held in a scream and tried to look calm (failing miserably all the while).

Finally, the creature backed off a little. "Buu," it said, frowning.

Sakura frowned as well. "Haven't you scared me enough by now?"

The creature blinked, then shook its head. "Buu! BUU!" it said again, waving its arms for emphasis.

"Look, that's just mean!" Sakura said, really starting to dislike the creature.

The creature sighed and pointed to itself. "BUU," it said firmly.

"…oh. That's…your name?"

"Buu!" it agreed at once, smiling proudly.

"Oh. Okay." Sakura wasn't sure what to make of that, but pointed at herself. "Sakura."

Buu stared at her, clearly not understanding.

Sakura sighed. "SAA-ku-RAA," she said slowly, stretching it out.

Buu said nothing.

Sakura rolled her eyes. "Buu," she said, pointing at him.

He nodded rapidly.

"Sakura," she went on, pointing at herself. "SAA-ku-RAA."

Buu scratched his head.

She groaned. "It means cherry blossom. Can you say cherry?"

"Cherries!" Buu shouted at once, licking his lips.

"No, no, I don't HAVE any; that's what my name means."

Buu deflated, looking very disappointed.

"What's your name mean?"

Buu paused, then beamed. "Buu!" He flew over to the book and shut it, then landed on the cover. "Buu!" he said again, pointing at the M. "Majin Buu!"

"Oh, I get!" Sakura replied, brightening. She pointed at herself again. "Kinomouto Sakura!"

Buu stared. "Girl?" he said at last.

Sakura sighed in defeat. "Yes," she agreed. "Girl."

"Girl help Buu!"

"Help you with what?"

"Girl help Buu get Cards!"

"Well…okay. It is my fault they're gone, I guess. But…um…can you get rid of THAT first, please?" Sakura asked, pointing at the huge fireball.

Without a word, Buu gestured slightly, and the fireball went flying out of the window. A second later, a pink explosion lit up the afternoon sky.

"Okay, rule number one. When I say get rid of something, that means to do it QUIETLY, in a way that HALF THE TOWN WON'T NOTICE!!!"

Buu laughed and hopped on her shoulder. "Girl funny!"

Suddenly, there was a voice from above them.

"Aijou, I'm home!"

Sakura's eyes widened. "Tou-san! Buu, you've got to hide!"

The odd appendage on Buu's head waved, and the book he'd come out of floated over to them…and transformed into a thinner book on Tarot cards before it dropped into Sakura's hands.

"…how did you do that?" Sakura asked in awe.

Instead of answering, Buu turned into a pink bookmark and slid neatly into the pages.

Sakura shook her head and quickly ran upstairs. "Did you call me, tou-san?" she asked as she stopped in the kitchen. "I was in the basement."

An odd light seemed to reflect off her father's glasses. "What's that you have there?"

"This? Oh, it's a book on Tarot cards I found. Could I borrow it for a while?"

Her father stared at the book for a moment. "I don't see why not. Let me know if there's anything you don't understand."

Sakura beamed and hugged him. "Thanks, tou-san!"

He smiled and kissed her forehead affectionately. "You're welcome, aijou. Have fun with your book."

"I will!" Sakura called, hurrying off to her room.

* * * * *

There were many things Kero did not like about Lord Frieza.

But none of them was worth mentioning aloud in exchange for his life, so he kept his mouth shut.

So far, the Changeling had kept them around purely for entertainment purposes. And that worried Kero, because HE hadn't done any entertaining of any sort, and they'd been there for a whole month. All he'd done was sit on a very comfortable pillow in his very own room.

Something was not right. And he hadn't seen Yukito in a while, either.

Suddenly, the door slid open.

"Let's go, Kero," Zarbon said. "Frieza-sama has summoned you."

Kero flew over and landed on Zarbon's shoulder. "Tell me something. You've worked for him for a while now, right?"

"I have," Zarbon replied, heading to Frieza's chambers.

"So…what exactly does he do to entertain himself?"

"Hmm. There's torture, random destruction, murder. Oh, almost forgot about the sex."

"Oh, the…the SEX?!"

Zarbon smirked. "Well, yes. Have you LOOKED at him?"

"What…kind of sex…is he into?" Kero asked, a feeling of dread beginning in his gut.

Zarbon shot him a blank look. "You haven't noticed the way he's always licking his lips when Yukito walks by?"

"I…thought he was just hungry?" Kero asked weakly.

"Well, he was…" Zarbon replied. "But not for food."

Kero sweatdropped. "Dear Kami, this is bad."

"Not really. As long as Yukito entertains him, you stay alive. I'd say it's good for you…and even better for Yukito."

"What?!"

"Nothing. Here we are." Zarbon knocked on the door, even as it slid open. "Frieza-sama, I've brought…" Zarbon's cultured tongue froze in his mouth at the sight before him. Kero nearly fell off his shoulder.

Frieza sat on the floor, working on a painting. He was quite nude, but it was nothing (unfortunately) both Zarbon & Kero hadn't seen before.

Perched on the bed, obviously the subject of Frieza's painting, was a tall, slender angel with his wings outstretched.

"Yue…?!" Kero breathed in shock.

Yue glanced at him. "Be silent, Keroberos. The Master…is painting."

"The…Master?! Yue…you…this isn't…"

"Something the matter, Kero-chan?" Frieza asked, sounding amused.

"I…I…no, Frieza-sama…"

"Good." He put down his paintbrush. "Tell me what you think of my work. Have I captured the true essence of masculinity that is the breathtaking Yue?"

Kero flew to Frieza's shoulder…and instantly wished he hadn't.

Frieza was indeed a talented artist. He seemed mainly interested in a certain part of Yue's anatomy. Because it took up the entire painting. And, much to Kero's horror, it had WINGS.

"Well, Kero?"

Kero shuddered. "Magnificent, Frieza-sama."

"You think so, too?" Frieza chuckled. "Seriously, though, I meant the painting, not him."

Kero closed his eyes. "…may I be excused, Frieza-sama? I'm not sure my stomach can handle all this…greatness…"

"I hope you're feeling better tomorrow, Kero," Frieza said, patting his head. "You see, Yue's told me all about his transformation…and yours. And I would very much like to paint your true form as well."

"…yes, Frieza-sama," Kero replied, glaring at the other Guardian. "That sounds…lovely…"

"Doesn't it?" Frieza smiled and admired Yue again. "I'm SO glad I kept you two around."