Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ World Eating Contest ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"So where are we eating? We just came to this town so I don't know where anything is," Goku said and the other one scratched his head. He looked around for a street vendor but found none.

"Hmmm. I don't know. We'll find something," he said.

"Goku!!" Bulma cried and they both turned around. She was running up to them and Goku looked at the taller one.

"She must mean you. I don't know her," Goku said.

"Come on, I'll introduce you to her," the Saiyen Goku replied. "Hey Bulma. What's up?"

"Where do you think you're running off to with your friend? I finally make it to see you in this contest and you're running away," she said and Goku shook his head.

"That's not it at all. We were hungry so we were going to eat something. Wanna know something weird Bulma? His name is Goku too."

"Are you serious?"

"Can she cook?" Goku asked and Bulma looked at him.

"Your name is Goku too?"

"It has been for as long as I can remember," the shorter one replied and Bulma glanced back at the older one.

"How are they going to keep things straight at the contest then?" she asked and the one with amber eyes shrugged his shoulders.

"I dunno. You might want to ask Sanzo."

"Who?"

"He's one of the guys he came with, Bulma," Goku explained and scratched his head. "At least I think he is."

"Yeah he's one of the guys I came with. He's the one with hair like the sun in a priest's robes," Goku replied.

"A priest?"

"Yeah. You see, we were traveling when we heard about this contest. There's all sort of bad things happening and we're going to try to stop them. Anyway, Hakkai said I should enter because we could use the money for supplies so he drove Hakryuu over here and we met these guys when we were signing up for the contest. Now we're going to eat because I'm really hungry."

"We're both hungry. We'll be back soon, so don't worry, Bulma," Goku said and the other sniffed the air.

"I smell something good. Come on!" he cried and Goku followed him. Bulma watched them leave and shook her head.

"This is all very confusing," she said. "And I don't think there's any sort of equation that would explain this to me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"So you're telling me, you're royalty?" Hakkai said and Vegeta folded his arms.

"I would have been king if my world had not been destroyed," he replied.

"Woah. Back up for a moment," Gojyo said and looked at Vegeta. "Are you trying to say that you're not from Earth?"

"And you think the Namek is?"

"Oh that one. I thought it was a tint thing. You know, like what you get on the TV...."

"For your information, I'm supposed to be this way," Piccolo said.

"My question is, if these things exist, why have we not seen them before now?" Hakkai asked and Gojyo looked at Sanzo.

"Come on, High Priest. Shed some enlightenment on this situation. We all could use some of your divine wisdom here. Wait a second. Give me back my lighter," Gojyo said as Sanzo took the lighter from his hand and lit a cigarette.

"Never extend one's hand if one is not going to be giving," Sanzo said and put the lighter into a pocket in his robe.

"What kind of junk is that?! First you take my cigarette. Then you take my lighter...."

"Hey, once Goku wins you can buy as many lighters as you need. Oh, Gojyo my gambling friend, you said the odds would be in Goku's favor," Hakkai said and Gojyo looked at him.

"Yeah, so?" he asked.

"Which one?"

Gojyo's cigarette fell from his mouth as he realized the implications. Two Gokus. His sure-fire betting strategy had been blown out of the water. At least he thought so. With two Gokus, maybe it made the betting all the more interesting.

"You're awfully quiet, Gojyo," Sanzo said.

"What's the problem?" Puar asked.

"With two Gokus, it's going to be difficult to gamble on the winner," Oolong said.

"Gambling is wrong anyway."

"I don't see the problem. Our Goku will win. I mean, the short one may share his name, but Goku's a Saiyen and we all know how much they eat," Yamcha said.

"You haven't seen our monkey eat, then," Gojyo said.

"He's short. He couldn't obviously eat as much as Goku."

"So you're the ones he was talking about," Bulma said as she walked up to them. Gojyo looked at her and took out another cigarette. He fumbled for his lighter then glanced at Sanzo.

"Use mine," he said.

"Thanks. Hey...what the hell are you trying to pull? This is MY lighter."

"I put my flint in it so it's my fuel."

"Do you enjoy annoying me when the monkey isn't here? Great. Now she's laughing at us."

"It's your own fault for trying to take my lighter."

"Where are you going, Gojyo?" Hakkai asked and Gojyo looked at him.

"Where does it look like? I'm getting a new lighter," Gojyo replied and walked off.
*********************************************************
"So why are you guys out and about?" Goku asked as the shorter one reached for another bowl.

"We're fighting demons," Goku replied and the taller one scratched his head.

"Demons? Well, I haven't seen any around here. I've seen dragons and dinosaurs but not demons."

"Dinosaurs? Come on, you're joking."

"Nope. Aren't there any where you come from?"

"I sure haven't seen any."

"Well let's finish up here then we'll go find one."

"All right. Hey...when is that contest supposed to start?"

"When they announce it, I guess. I don't know. No one told me."

"Hey, there's Gojyo. He might know. Hey Gojyo."

"So this is where you ran off to," Gojyo said as he walked up to them.

"Where are you going?" Goku asked.

"I'm getting another lighter. Your keeper stole mine."

"Sanzo?"

"You got another keeper? I was getting ready to put some moves on that chick but when I tried to light my cigarette, I found my lighter was gone."

"What chicken?" the tall Goku asked and Gojyo looked at the taller one.

"Man, I'd say you're in good company, Monkey Boy," Gojyo said as he placed his arm around Goku's neck. The shorter one struggled as Gojyo roughly ran his hand over his hair.

"Let go of me!" Goku protested and Gojyo complied.

"Chick as in girl. There's a really nice one over with the rest of your friends, Kakaron or whatever he called you. Blue hair, blue eyes, nice mouth, tall, with a really good figure...."

"Blue hair...Do you mean Bulma?" Goku asked and Gojyo looked at him.

"If that's the name of that sexy babe, yeah."

"Bulma sexy? Yeah she's a girl and all but..."

"You're entitled to your opinion but tell me, what does she like? I've gotta know so I can score. You don't know how long it's been since I've had the kind of love that I'm sure that chick's got."

"Like? Um...Vegeta I guess."

"Vegeta....Hey, are you talkin' about that short dude with the hair that looks like he's been electrically shocked and an attitude? What's so special about him?"

"Well, she's married to him."

"No...way. A woman finally shows up on this trip and she's married to a short arrogant bum. She coulda done so much better for herself."

"In whose opinion? Yours? I find opinions from loudmouthed cockroaches quite laughable," Vegeta said and Gojyo turned around.

"Hello. Someone looks a little ticked off," he said in a staccato tone of voice.

"Um...I don't think you should do that," Goku said and the shorter one looked at him.

"Why not?" he asked.

"Because Vegeta has a short temper."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~
"GOKU!!!WHERE ARE YOU?" Chi-chi yelled and both Gokus looked in her direction.

"Who's that scary person?" Goku asked and the Saiyen Goku looked at him.

"Her? Oh that's my wife. I wonder what I did this time," he said and Gojyo shook his head.

"Man you sandmen really know how to pick women," Gojyo said and Vegeta clenched his fists in anger.

"That's SAIYEN. SAI--YEN! You stupid insignificant insect! Can't you say a simple word?!" he demanded.

"Oh sure. If the word came from Earth. Aren't you guys illegal aliens? Aliens...Man that's kinda funny."

"THERE YOU ARE GOKU! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING? The contest is going to start soon. We agreed that you'd enter this contest, win it and use the money for Gohan's college fund. REMEMBER?" Chi-chi demanded as she leaned into his face.

"Man I'm glad I'm not stuck with her," Goku said and Chi-chi turned to him.

"WHAT WAS THAT?! Goku, is this one of your hoodlum friends?"

"Actually, no Chi-chi. He's from another town. But wanna know something funny? He's got the exact same name as me," Goku said and Chi-chi looked at him.

"Are you all right, Goku? You didn't eat anything that disagreed with you, did you?" she asked.

"That guy's got an iron stomach. He'll eat stuff I won't touch," Oolong grunted.

"I thought pigs ate everything," the short Goku said and Puar giggled.

"What's so funny?"

"What's with Vegeta?" Yamcha asked.

"Gojyo made him mad," Goku said and Krillin's eyes grew wide.

"A..are you serious? Eeeeh," he said as he took a few steps backward.

"What does that mean exactly?" Hakkai inquired.

"It means that you don't want to get Vegeta mad. He's pretty unbearable to begin with but when he's mad...I just hope your friend doesn't get hurt too badly," Yamcha said.

"He can take care of himself. He brought this upon himself and he will get out of it by himself," Sanzo said.