Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ World Eating Contest ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Gojyo looked at Vegeta and did a lopsided grin.

"All right. Let's get this started. Shall we? I think it's about
time that you get rid of your arrogance. I mean, all I've heard you
do is go off about stuff and believe me, I've already got a dumbass
that can go off about stuff," he said and Vegeta's eyes pulsated in
anger.

"And I think it's time you get rid of your stupidity. I myself have
someone that can give me plenty of stupidity. So, I won't show you
my TRUE power....at least not yet. If you stop now, I will be kind
and show you mercy."

"Blah, blah, blah. Let me tell you something. I'm pretty impatient
when I'm in a fight. I also don't like anticipation."

Vegeta's eyes twitched as he attacked. Gojyo blocked the attack
with his staff. He yelped slightly as Vegeta's fist hit the side
of Gojyo's face. Bulma growled in anger as she stepped up behind
Gojyo and glared at Vegeta.

"Move out of the way, woman!" Vegeta demanded then gasped for air as
the crescent of Gojyo's staff rammed against his neck and pinned him
to the ground. Bulma laid a hand on Gojyo's hand and Gojyo glanced
at her.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, lady?!" he demanded as
Bulma shoved him to the side.

"VEGETA!!" she yelled and Goku looked at the Saiyen Goku.

"She yells just like your wife," Goku said then drew back when Chi-
chi gave him a deadly gaze. "She's not gonna hurt me, is she?"

"Why you little...." Chi-chi growled and Goku ran behind Sanzo.

"Sanzo! Help! She's scary."

"Solve this yourself, Goku," Sanzo said and Hakkai looked at Yamcha.

"So...are you guys always like this?" he inquired.

"Most of us, no. Chi-chi and Vegeta are an exception," Yamcha
replied.

"Just don't let those two hear that. You know how they get..."
Krillin said and Oolong whistled.

"Oh yeah. We've been through plenty of that in the past. Let's not
go through any of that now."

"Now get up and apologize Vegeta," Bulma commanded. "Here's your
thing back."

"....uh thanks," Gojyo said as he stared at her. How in the world
did he think that he was capable of making a pass at her?
********************************************

"Contestants, take your places!" the announcer said as the contestants filed into the room and stood on opposite sides of an enormous table. The announcer raised his hand and took a deep breath. "Aaaand....be seated!"

They did as they were told and Gojyo counted his betting tickets. He sat with Master Roshi, Oolong, Krillin, and surprisingly, Vegeta, as they argued about how the match was going to play out and making side bets on how much the favored Goku would beat the other.

"I'm tellin' ya. My boy can beat yours in ten seconds flat," Gojyo said and Oolong snorted.

"What a load of horse manure. Our Goku can beat your Goku in five seconds," he said and Gojyo leaned forward.

"Listen, piggy. I make a living out of gambling. Don't try to top me."

"I'm gonna tell you something, you fiery redhead. In my younger days, I OWNED a gambling hall," Master Roshi said and Oolong squealed with laughter.

"In your dreams, old man," he said and Master Roshi glared at him.

"Shows you how much you know, Oolong. Billionaire Roshi, they used to call me. Why, I had all the pretty waitresses at my beck and call."

"Oh NOW we know you're lying, you dirty old man. Why would a woman want to waste her time on you anyway?" Vegeta said and Master Roshi glared at him.

"I'll have you know that in my younger days, I was quite a looker!" Master Roshi cried indignantly.

"Well, your time has passed, old man, but mine hasn't. I plan on doing a lot of looking around before I get tied down or end up like you," Gojyo said and lit a cigarette.

"And why would a woman want to throw herself at you?" Vegeta asked and Gojyo leaned back in his chair and placed his feet onto the railing.

"Because my love is a pleasure in itself."

"Oolong, I'm getting sick of this nasty conversation," Puar said and Oolong looked at her.

"Yeah. I am too. And they call us pigs dirty. Come on, let's go sit with the others. Maybe we can get some food off of them," he said.
***********************************************************
"Would you look at them? It wasn't that long ago that he wanted to kill your friend," Bulma said and Sanzo shrugged his shoulders.

"It wouldn't have affected me, whether he died or not. He chose to come along with me. If he was going to die because of stupidity, then that's his own fault. Not mine," Sanzo said.

"I think it's pretty funny the way they're arguing over the bets," Hakkai said and Sanzo glanced at him.

"So who are you betting on? You may not be a professional like Gojyo, but you're pretty good when it comes to laying down the odds."

"That's hard to say, considering I haven't seen the other Goku eat."

"MY Goku will beat yours. That's all there is to it. My Goku was here first. It's your own fault for stealing his name," Chi-chi said.

"Forgive me for arguing but, I'm afraid that you're a little misinformed. Unless your Goku is over five hundred years old, then our Goku is the oldest," Hakkai said.

"What are you talking about? How can he be over five-hundred years old? He doesn't look it."

"Well Piccolo doesn't look his age either," Bulma said and the Namek glanced at her.

"I'm going to ignore that," he said and Bulma looked back at him.

"Well I'm surprised to see you here. I thought you got sick whenever Goku ate."

"I do but I'm still here. It would be interesting to see him win something that doesn't involve his fighting skills."

"You obviously haven't seen my Goku eat. His table manners are terrible. It's so hard to keep Gohan from copying him. Do you know, Bulma, that he eats with the wrong spoon?" Chi-chi asked and Bulma looked at her.

"Well trying to get Goku to properly use silverware is kind of hard," she said.

"AAND NOW," the announcer said as the contestants grabbed their forks and knives. "For the appetizer. Usuzukuri!"

Extremely large plates of Usuzukuri were brought out. Goku looked at his thinly sliced whitefish with onion, oroshi, and spicy ponzu sauce for a moment then began eating. He glanced across the table at his opponent, who was eating extremely fast and shook his head.

"We look like twins," he mumbled and the other looked at him.

"Isnthg....u...isn't this great?!" he asked as he pushed his plate away. "Can I have some more? Pleease? I'm really hungry," he said and Gojyo looked at Master Roshi.

"So, you wanna call it quits old man? My monkey ate that party plate like it was nothin'," he said as he lit a cigarette.

"Our Goku is just pacing himself! Just you wait you long haired playboy! He'll beat your Goku yet!" Master Roshi cried.

"What happened to that bet of him beating my Goku in five seconds? Don't tell me someone was bluffing. I hate when they do that. Is that how you made all your money in that casino?"

"So I exaggerated on the casino. But the women still threw themselves at my feet!"

"Only if they were poor of sight," Vegeta said and Master Roshi glared at him.

"You be quiet! You don't know anything about when I was younger, either!" he cried.
********************************************
"I'm leaving. This display of consumption is too much for me," Piccolo said and stood up.

"Yeah. They're pretty bad. They're making MY stomach churn," Oolong said.

"Come on, you two. It's only been three minutes," Bulma said.

"This is normal for Goku. COME ON GOKU!!" Chi-chi cried and Yamcha looked at her.

"Which one?" he asked and she looked at him indignantly.

"MY Goku, of course."
***********************************************
"AHA!!! He's ahead!" Master Roshi cried and Gojyo stood up.

"What are you talking about, old man? My monkey is so far ahead of your monkey that it ain't even funny," he said and Vegeta folded his arms.

"The two of you are idiots," he said. "Kakarrot's going to beat your short pathetic monkey easily."

"All right then. Show me some money to back that statement up," Gojyo said as the buzzer that signified the end of the round sounded. Applause was heard as some contestants were helped out of the arena by some attendants carrying antacid tablets. Gojyo watched them for a moment then lit a cigarette.

"I believe this should be enough. What's the course for the next round?" Vegeta asked and Master Roshi consulted his program that looked an awful lot like a menu.

"Sake mussel soup made with New Zealand green mussels with sweet sake, tomatoes, spicy jalapenos, and garden-fresh basil," he said and Vegeta looked at him in annoyance.

"I didn't need the meal description. So, you flame-broiled bug. Are you up to this bet or are you going to back down?"

Gojyo looked at the amount of money that Vegeta held in his hand and calmly drew in on his cigarette.

"Tell ya what. We'll make it interesting. We'll do double or nothing," he said and Vegeta smiled in satisfaction.

"All right then. Since you want to lose so badly, you're on."