Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Outlaw Star Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Let The Game Begin ❯ Teams Divided ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Let The Game Begin by Alexa

Chapter Two

At the Red camp:

Gohan, Videl, Bulma, Chi-chi, Yajirobe, Ryoko, Princess Ayeka, Washu, Noboyugi Masaki, and Gene Starwind were standing in their camp looking through the packs labeled with each of their names. Many were conversing with those they knew. Gene felt a little out-of-place; he didn't know anybody. The camp was in a clearing in the middle of a particularly thick grove of trees.

"Gohan, do you have any idea what's going on?"

"I have no idea, Videl."

Bulma and Chi-chi realized that their husbands were on a different team. Bulma whispered to Chi-chi, "I hope Vegeta and Goku aren't on the same team. There's no telling what trouble those two could cause." Chi-chi nodded in agreement.

A woman with wild pink hair tried to politely get everyone's attention; it wasn't working. "EXCUSE ME!!" Washu was standing on a tree stump. "Now that I have your attention, I am Washu. Does anybody have any clue why we're here?"

"Washu!" Ryoko said, "None of us know any more than you. Like that lady said we're supposed to play a game."

Gene was testing the paintball gun that had been setting next to his pack. The gun could hold up to 25 paintballs, all red. "Has anyone ever shot one of these before?" This is nothing like my caster. He examined the gun more and loaded it with a few balls. Taking aim at a tree, Gene made the shot dead-on. Well, that was easy enough. Maybe this won't be as bad as I thought.

Following Gene's lead one by one, the rest of the Red team loaded their guns for a little practice. "Remember we have a limited supply of ammo, don't waste any." He pulled all the necessary items out of the bag. After wrapping the red band around his upper left arm and attaching the bag of ammo to his belt, Gene put the communicator in his ear. This thing feels like the grappler viewer on the Outlaw Star. "I'm going to check the immediate perimeter of camp. Who wants to come with me?" Gohan, Videl, and Ryoko each volunteered. The four left the base to check out the surroundings.

At the Blue camp:

Goku, Vegeta, Krillan, Piccolo, Tenchi Masaki, Yosho, Nagi, Mihoshi, Jim Hawking, and Sazuka were in a disagreement about a command hierarchy. Vegeta believed he was best suited to lead, but Jim didn't trust him. Nagi managed to break the two up before it broke down into a brawl. "Personally, I don't think either of you are fit to lead. A chain of command is a good idea, but the one with the most experience should lead." Everyone agreed, and they began to list past experience with leadership. As Vegeta was talking, Goku interrupted a few times asking if that was a time he had died. Needless to say, Vegeta got pissed.

While everyone was arguing, Krillan and Piccolo were arming themselves with the guns and ammo. Piccolo wrapped the blue band around his upper right arm, Krillan on his upper left thigh. They tested the guns and communicators. Vegeta and Goku followed suit as the others listed their credentials.

"I wonder where Chi-chi is. And Gohan and Goten. I hope they're all ok."

Krillan tried to comfort his friend. "I'm sure they're all fine. Now that you mentions it, I wonder what team #18 is on."

Vegeta overheard this conversation and a thought struck him. I really hope my woman, Kakarot's wife, and that midget's android aren't on the same team. That woman and Chi-chi would be bad enough without #18. I'll still shoot them, of course.

Nagi and Sazuka both confessed to being a bounty hunter and an assassin, respectively. Mihoshi spoke for the first time. "Well, I was space police. Although, I had a partner, Kiyone. I wonder where she is anyway."

"I will NOT follow her! She's more of a simpleton than Kakarot."

Tenchi came to Mihoshi's defense. "Hey, I trust her more than I trust you."

Yosho spoke with a calm but commanding tone. "Now, Tenchi, calm down. I'm sure we can come to an agreeable solution; however, I suggest we do it quickly as we do have two other teams who may attack at any moment."

The team agreed to split into different groups - guards, scouters, and, snipers. The leaders of each group would keep in contact with each other. The guards would stay at the base camp to guard the flag. The scouters' mission was to find the enemy camps. The snipers would take out anyone not a Blue. Scouters were Krillan, Piccolo, Jim, Tenchi, and Nagi as leader. Snipers were Vegeta and Sazuka, equal as they would be in different areas of the field. Guards were Yosho, Mihoshi, and Goku in command.

As the correct players set out to gather information, they realized their camp was in a valley. The rear was the foot of a mountain, neither side would be easily traversable. The only way in or out was up the hill.

At the Yellow camp:

Goten, Trunks, #18, Oolong, Yamcha, Tien, Princess Sasami, Kiyone, Aisha, and Melfina had an uncomfortable silence around their entire camp. They had the best position of all. The yellow camp was located at the top of a cliff face; rear and left side was blocked by trees; fifteen feet to the right was a stream flowing parallel away from camp. Trunks and Goten told #18 they decided to follow the stream after both put on their communicators, yellow bands to upper arms, and grabbed the loaded guns.

"Hey, Trunks, where do you think my brother and our dads are?"

"I don't know, Goten. We'll probably find out as we play this game." The kids kept to the river until it became a thirty-five-foot waterfall. Looking down, there was no easy way to get from their position to the ground below. With the water to his right, Trunks looked to the left and noticed a hollow in the ground. "Hey, Goten. Come look at this." He quickly told anyone listening back at camp to join them. "Trunks to camp. Whoever can hear me, get over here…"

Melfina heard the child's voice. "…and look at this. Just follow the river." "Melfina here. I'm on my way." She picked up the gun and turned to Aisha. "I'm going to join the two boys. One of them just radioed us and said there was something we should see."

"I'm coming with you." Tien said.

"I'll come, too." Yamcha admired the young woman. "Hello there. My name's Yamcha. What's yours?"

"Melfina."

Kiyone, ever the police officer, "I'll follow you part way. If you need my help there or back here at camp, I'm Kiyone."

Tien, Yamcha, Melfina, and Kiyone headed out for Trunks and Goten. About half way, Kiyone fell back into a strategic position. The three continued until they reach the end of the river, only Goten was visible. Yamcha became worried when he didn't see Trunks. "Goten, where's Trunks? He didn't fall, did he?"

"No. He went down there." Goten pointed to the hollow they had found earlier.

Tien radioed Trunks, "Trunks, where are you? What have you found in there?"

"I'm at the bottom. That hole leads down to a cave behind the waterfall. It comes out a few feet from the ground. It's easy to just climb down from there. Come down here, guys."

Tien and Goten headed into the hollow while Yamcha stood guard with Melfina. As they went further into the hollow, Tien realized it was a curved incline. Slowly the sound of the waterfall became louder until Tien and Goten stood facing the rushing fall. Goten noticed a line of light in his eyes. There was a shelf the jutted out from the water enough that they didn't get wet. From there it was about eight feet to the ground and Trunks.

The yellow team heard a high screechy voice. "Aisha to Melfina. Where are you? What have you found?"

"Melfina here. Our camp seems the be on a cliff and the only way down is behind a waterfall."

The yellow team reconvened at camp and discussed strategies. Kiyone, Tien, #18, Aisha, Trunks and Goten headed out to find the enemy. Yamcha and Oolong stood guard at the base of the waterfall.

Meanwhile somewhere unknown:

The four women were reclined in hammocks observing the players' behavior. With the wave of a hand, images of the three camps came into view out of nowhere. They sat there watching them try to make sense of this bizarre situation. Alexa laughed as the Blue team started having problems almost immediately. The Red team, on the other hand, appeared to have a great sense of teamwork.

"I'm in favor of the Yellow team." Mira said.

Morella looked at her like she was crazy. "Yeah, you would."

"Blue will kick all their asses. Just wait and see."

"Ladies, ladies." Alexa smiled at her friends. "I don't care who wins. I just want to see how they react once they realize what I've done to them, especially that Saiyan Prince. He's such an arrogant bastard its hilarious." Alexa put her hand over the image of the Blue camp and the view closed in on Vegeta. Whispering to the image, Alexa said. "What will you do, my prince, when you learn you're not exactly yourself anymore? What will you do?"

Thanks to all who have reviewed this story so far. I hope I'm living up to the environment I have created for them. Some of the characters may seem a little OOC, but please remember this is a situation none of them have been in before. Enjoy, and please R&R.