Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Princess Mononoke Fan Fiction ❯ The Silent Prince, Perfect Collection 2 ❯ Chapter 60 ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 60

Genji walked out of the bathroom with a hung head. Marron immediately noticed something was wrong.

"Are you okay, Genji?"

**Yeah, I'm fine.** he nodded.

"C'mon, there's still more to see!"

Marron took him by the hand and began to drag him towards another favorite spot of hers. Genji just smiled as he was pulled through the crowd, then a familiar face caught his eye. He stood where he was for a moment, and looked more closely.

It can't be…

…Oh my God, it is!

He pulled out of Marron's grasp and ran to the other end of the street. Marron angrily ran after him.

"Genji! We're going this way! What are you doing?!"

**Dr. Nezu!**

Genji spied the old man and tapped his shoulder enthusiastically. Nezu turned to the boy and looked incredibly surprised.

"Wha…what the… Genji, is that you?!"

**Yo!** the boy waved with a grin.

"Oh my…" Nezu scratched his head. "And whatever are you doing here? You're certainly a long way from the Ashitaka Road."

**I know… it's a long story.**

"Well, it's good to see you again." Nezu chuckled, patting Genji on the shoulder. "How have you been doing lately? Any luck finding an alternate cure for that burn?"

**No.** Genji shook his head. **The wise woman may be my only hope…**

"GENJI!" Marron shouted, finally catching up to him. "Why did you go and run off like that?!"

"Who is this?" Nezu asked Genji.

**This is my friend, Marron.**

"Why hello, Marron." Nezu greeted the girl. He took her hand to kiss it politely, but she quickly pulled away.

"Hi." She greeted dryly. "Genji, who is this guy?"

**Dr. Nezu. A friend of mine, and a Mononoke supporter.**

"Shall we go sit somewhere?" Nezu suggested. "I'm in no hurry, are you?"

/|\

They found a bench close to a beach area, and Genji filled in the old man what had happened since they last met. Nezu made a thinking face when the boy finished.

"Piccolo Daimao and Vegeta Briefs… Yes, they were contestants in the Cell Game and two finalists in the last Tenkai-Ichi Budaki."

Genji nodded. He learned all that from Yamcha.

"Hmm…well, you should be safe here. You are in very strong and impressive company, and this area hasn't gotten wind of your predicament." He turned his head around for a good look around the area. "Piccolo Daimao isn't with you now, is he?"

**No, he and I are staying at the Kame House. Marron and I are here because her parents ditched us an hour ago.**

"I see. Well, I can help you yet again, Genji. I am a big name in the media, and I can inform several stations that you were framed and that your crimes are false."

Genji's eyes lit up wide.

**You can do that?!**

"Certainly. It would be no trouble at all."

**Oh, thank you, Dr. Nezu! Thank you!** Genji bowed his head several times. Nezu bowed his head low once. Marron's eye caught something that fell out of Nezu's shirt collar.

"Ooooh, that's a pretty chain!" she cooed.

Genji blinked at her while Nezu smiled and pulled the necklace chain out of his shirt. On a silver chain hung two gold coins and a blue crystal carved into a small dagger the size of Nezu's finger. Genji examined it closely.

**Wow, a crystal dagger… My mother had one…**

"This was given to me by a shinobi as a gift." Nezu explained, tucking it back into his shirt. "I've grown very fond of it, and I never take it off."

"What's a 'shinobi?' " Marron wondered.

Genji's mind, however, was on the previous subject.

**So, how soon can my name be cleared?**

"Well, I'd say…a couple days. But in the meantime, it might spread here so be wary and don't draw attention to yourself. Stay close to your powerful friends, and I can guarantee your safety."

Genji nodded.

**You've done so much for me, Dr. Nezu. I can't thank you enough.**

"Oh, it's all my pleasure, m'boy." Nezu laughed as he stood up. "I'll do anything to help you out. Well, I ruined your date enough, so I'll be on my way now."

**Date?** Genji blinked. Marron giggled and hugged his arm.

"Aw, he thought we were on a date." She cooed, leaning her head on his shoulder. Genji panicked and tried to pry her off.

**Hey now! Wait a minute! I'm not on a date! Marron, we just talked about this…**

"Good bye, little lovebirds!" Nezu bid as he walked away. "And Genji, if you can't be good, be careful."

He left as Genji blushed hard and Marron burst out laughing.

**Dr. Nezu, how dare you!** Genji glared at the doctor. **I'm not that kind of guy!**

"Oh, Genji!" Marron giggled. "You're so cute when you blush like that!"

**18! KURIRIN! GET BACK HERE AND PICK US UP SOON!**

((Thank you everyone for the "get well" wishes. I feel better now. And thanks for the senzu, Elysian. ))