Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Desperation ❯ Summoning ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
CHAPTER 6

"Amy? Is Serena back yet?" Lita called from the kitchen. She walked into the room and set another batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies down on a coffee table. "Hi Serena. Where did you go?"

"Where's Raye?" Amy asked, trying to change the subject, feeling Serena's uneasiness.

"She's in the fire room, chanting something."

"I need to go talk to her. She might know something…" Serena whispered the last sentence to herself, walking hurriedly to where Raye was. When she reached the door, she quietly slid the door open and entered, careful not to disturb her. When Raye turned to her, she spoke in a whisper.

"I need you to do something for me. You and I both know that we cannot beat Kakou AND Negaverse. Hell, we can't even beat Kakou by herself, the leader. So I need you to look into something for me. Do you know about other worlds, other dimensions?"

"I do, but not too much. What do you want me to do?"

"I want to see if you can contact this one world." Serena blushed when Raye asked who. Serena handed her the folder and Raye read it.

"But Serena, this is just a myth. It's not rea-"

"Please Raye, this may be our only chance to win…it may be my only chance to save my brother." Raye nodded yes.

"This may take awhile, which we may not have. Serena…the only way I can do this is with something special of yours. You see, for this to work we need something of someone who truly believes this'll work. Do you have anything with you?" Serena glanced down at the red rose in her hand that was held close to her chest. She nodded, handing the rose to Raye.

"Serena, whether this works or not, we won't be able to get this back. Are you still okay with it?" Raye asked, just incase this was something of her parents or of Sammy's. She seriously doubted that this would work, and didn't want Serena to lose something else that meant something to her.

Serena though back to what Darien had said.

"She also told me that she would always be here for me, but you see, I never got a chance to tell her the same." Serena though as she smiled at Raye. "Yeah, I'm sure." Thanks Darien. You were right. You said you'd always be there for me, and you are.

"Alright then, this will take a whole hour. If this does work, then you'd be able to talk to them, but you'd have to ask them to use those dragonballs to get here." Serena nodded.

"I'll go tell Lita and Amy, then I'll be back with them." Serena left as Raye placed the rose in the fire. It turned to ashes immediately and Raye wasted no time. "Amy? Lita? Where are you?" Serena searched the temple, but found no trace of them. She called to them again, but got no answer.

She wandered outside where it was lightly sprinkling.

"Amy, Lita, where are you?" Serena shouted. The two girls rounded the corner, coming from the cherry trees. Serena sighed in relief.

"Hi Serena, we just checked up on Chad and Grandpa."

"I have something to tell you. It's a long shot, but if it works, it will definitely be worth it." The scouts followed their leader to outside the room Raye was in. She told them about the Saiyans and the dragonballs. They seemed skeptical, as Raye had, but agreed that they should try. They waited another fifteen minutes before going in. Raye had started about fifty minutes ago now, and they were thinking about what to say.

Amy glimpsed at her watch. One minute left. She pointed at her watch and held up one finger for Serena to see. Serena gulped. The fear of them rejecting her plea was running through her head. When the time finally came, she was at a loss for words.

"He-hello?" Serena stuttered. They waited for an answer. Serena knew that if it had worked, someone would answer. "Hello? We need your help? Is anyone there? Please answer if you are?" Serena pleaded. After another moment of silence, she had almost lost hope.

"Who the hell is this?! Where are you?!" a deep voice suddenly yelled. Taken aback, Serena started to stammer.

"I-uh…My name's Serena, and me and my friends need your help to defeat a demon called Kakou." She went right to the point.

"The hell with you," the voice said, causing the girls to wince. If they were in the same room, they would have noticed the smirk on his face and know that he.

"Vegeta! That wasn't very nice." a new voice, not as deep as the other, joined in. "Where are you?"

"We live in different dimensions, I guess, so I'm not exactly sure." She said, uncertain. Whispers arose from the room.

Raye came to Serena's side, gently placing her hand on her friend's shoulder. Lita put her hand on the other. Serena looked at them quizzically. The nodded for her to continue.

"I am from a dimension where the Sailor Scouts fight the evil that threaten this world. Is that any help?" she asked hopefully.

"Hey! I heard about the Sailor Scouts!" a young voice chimed in. He sounded carefree and happy-go-lucky. "Yeah, it was in this story book I was reading. Something about these girls in short skirts running around saying, 'moon tiara magic' and 'mars fire ignite'." Another boy chuckled softly.

"Leave it to Goten to read those types of books," a boy who sounded somewhere in his late teens said sarcastically.

"What can we do to help you?" the man who had called first voice Vegeta asked.

"We need you to come to our world and help us defeat the demons!" Raye shouted, angry that they had to repeat themselves. It seemed like they weren't taking them seriously, which in turn caused Raye to fume. Before Raye could say anymore, Serena spoke again.

"Are you the Saiyans?" she inquired, trying to calm down the furious Raye by clamping her mouth shout with her hand, which only made matters worse.

"Yeah, we're Saiyans…why?" he answered.

"Good, then we're asking the right people. I heard that you have something called dragonballs. We were wondering if you could use them to get here."

"We haven't even decided if you're worthy of our help!" Vegeta shot Goku a death glare when he was about to oppose to what Vegeta had said. "We will decide in an hour!" Vegeta said arrogantly.

"What?! An hour?! This telepathy thing only last for ten minutes! And we already used up seven!" Raye shouted at the egotistical prince.

"Then IF we show up in an hour, then we will have made our decision to fight, though it will be no challenge for us! Got that girl!!"

"Got it," Serena interrupted Raye as she was about to say something else. "In one hour. Please help us, We have no way to destroy this demon. You're our world's last hope…and my last hope to save my brother…" She whispered the last part, but it went passed all the Saiyan's ears but one, Gohan.

"Tell you what, girl. We'll come on one condition…" the conceited one said, "We get to train you weaklings. I like a challenge, and this might be the biggest one yet." He finished smugly.

"Look here you arrogant, self-centere-" Lita began, but was elbowed in the stomach lightly by Serena.

"We accept. We'll do whatever you want. So when do you come?"

"It'll still take us thirty minutes to collect all the dragonballs, so I'll say…an hour, with goodbyes and all." The second voice said.

"Thank you. You have no idea what this means to me." Serena smiled. Soon the connection was cut off, and the scouts were deep in thought.

"I can't believe we got through!" Amy suddenly spoke up. "And they agreed to come."

"Even though we don't know much about them, they seem confident enough. I think we can pull this off after all." Lita began.

"Why that arrogant bas-"

"Shut up Raye! They're our only hope of winning, so don't scare them away!" Serena screamed, shaking Raye hard by both shoulders. When she realized the enraged look on Raye's face, she immediately let go and started fleeing for her life.

"Come back here you Meatball head! I'm not finished with you yet!" Raye yelled, grabbing a broom and then chasing the screaming girl.

"There they go again," Lita sighed. "If anything's going to chase them away, it'll be that." Amy giggled at the thought, agreeing. When Raye had finally tired out, and Serena had tripped over her own feet numerous of times, the two friends decided to call a truce.

"What time is it?" Serena yawned, stretching her arms out, accidentally knocking over a small flower pot.

"Serena! That was my science project that you just knocked over! Unlike you, I still have school tomorrow!!" Raye hissed, steam coming from her ears.

"Sorry Raye," Serena pleaded for forgiveness, rubbing the back of her head.

Raye sighed in annoyance. "Never mind, they'll probably cancel school anyway. And I already know what happens…"

"Hey guys, isn't it almost time they should appear? I mean it's been almost an hour and a half. Shouldn't they have been here by now?" Lita asked, glancing at the kitchen clock. Amy nodded.

"They just want to be fashionably late, that's all," Serena mentioned.

"Serena! If you hadn't noticed, this is not the time to be fashionably late!" Raye yelled.

"I know that, but maybe they don't. They did, after all say this was going to be a piece of cake. Maybe that's why they're taking their time," Serena said in a matter-of-fact tone.

"We never told them WHERE we were," Amy realized, and a sweat drop appeared on the other scouts' forehead. "They know what dimension we're in and will be able to get here, but they don't even know what we look like."

"We'll that one kid said he read a story book on us, and he sounded pretty young. Maybe there were pictures." Lita suggested. "Let's go wait outside for a little while longer, then if they don't show up, we'll have to go look for them." They walked outside and sat in the shade of the trees. The sun was shinning through the clouds now, even though the clouds refused to let it shine for long. It started sprinkling again, but the trees provided cover for them.

"Serena, I never did ask if you were okay from this morning," Lita suddenly said. Serena smiled.

"I'm fine. My wounds healed fast when the doctor put this stuff on it."

"How did you get to the hospital?" Raye asked, eyeing Serena in suspicion when she blushed.

"A friend took me!" Serena answered nervously. Amy giggled.

"Who was this friend?" Raye's eyebrows rose.

"You know, I think it's just about time we go look for these Saiyans." Serena covered up. "Don't you agree Lita?" She asked. Lita nodded.

"Why don't Serena and I go look for these people, and you and Amy watch the news for any updates." Lita suggested, and Amy and Raye agreed. "Then it's settled. If we're not back in and hour, come looking for us."

"Hey Serena?" Raye called after she was halfway down the stairs. Serena turned and looked at her. Raye didn't need to say anything, Serena could see it in her eyes.

"Thanks Raye," Serena smiled gratefully at her fiery spirited friend. Raye wanted to express her sympathy for Serena's losses, but couldn't find the words, but her eyes said it all. "I'll be fine. I know that my parents wouldn't want me to grieve forever, especially not when I a promise to keep. Now's not the time to mourn, not until Sammy is safe."

"It's just that…" Raye looked concerned still, but let it go when Amy put her had on her shoulder reassuringly.

"She's right, you know. Now's not that time. Let's go inside." Amy and Raye walked hurriedly inside so they wouldn't miss anything, turning on the news.

Serena suddenly stopped at the bottom of the stairs, deep in thought.

"I think we should transform, since they probably only know what we look like in our sailor's uniform. That wasn't the only reason she had said that. Since she did tell the cops that she died, she wanted to make sure they didn't find out that she was still alive or they would question her and bring her to an orphanage where she'd be watched over closely. Lita agreed, looking around to make sure no one was there.

"Jupiter Power!" Lita screamed. Soon she was in her Sailor outfit.

"My turn…Moon Prism Power!" Serena yelled, transforming into her secret identity. Soon she had emerged as Sailor Moon. "Now let's go find our last hope!" The two took off running not really knowing where they were headed, but letting their feet carry them.

After about a half an hour of nonstop jogging, Jupiter had to sit down and rest on a bench. Serena stood next to her.

"Maybe we should ask some people if they'd seen them."

"Do you know what they look like, Serena?" Sailor Moon shook her head.

"Guess not, but what else can we do?" They thought for a moment longer when a voice filled their ears. They ducked behind a large tree and poked their heads out.

"Kakarot, you idiot!" came a very familiar proud voice. "Why didn't you ask where they lived?!"

"I did Vegeta, don't you remember? And you were there to. Why didn't you ask?" Said another voice, who the also scouts also recognized. Vegeta seemed at a loss for words. Serena watched them as they walked.

"Wasn't one of them called Vegeta?" Lita asked, looking at the other people. Serena nodded, but Lita didn't notice. She did note that everywhere they walked, people would step out of the way. Serena gulped, stepping out from behind the tree, Jupiter right beside her. Vegeta and Goku turned their head towards them, causing the rest of the people with them to look to.

"That's them! That's Sailor Moon and that's Sailor Jupiter!" Goten stated happily, running towards them, followed closely by a boy with purple hair.