Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Serena and Trunks 4 ❯ Blast to the Past ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Blast to the Past
 
I do not own DBZ or SM
 
Gohan was extremely worried about his little sister Serena. In his world she had come back from the future for protection from her world. In his world they managed together with his friends and her husband to destroy the evil that wrecked havoc in her world before it could in his world, and she and her husband, Trunks, had left to restore peace in their world. His little sister Serena had now grown up in a peaceful world until she was awakened as the moon princess reborn, destroyed an onslaught of evil, and lost her memory of it. She was fourteen the same age as when she had first come from the future to his world. He wondered what would happen in the past if she stayed happy and safe in their world now. Would the past relive the horrors that his future Serena had fled from under the orders of her superior scout and caretaker? Gohan voiced his opinions to his family and friends but behind his sister and her boyfriend's back. Everyone one agreed that Serena had to go to the past just as she had come from the future to them, but none of them knew how to send her there. Bulma decided to try to build a time machine for Serena since she had no way of travelling through time with the time key she used from the future and no way of contacting the superior sailor scout without her memories of even being a sailor scout. After almost a year Bulma finally created a time machine. She modelled it after the one her future son had come in to tell the future Serena to come home to the future. All the Z warriors decided it was the best for Serena to go to the past. She would stay for the summer posing as Chichi's niece but only the Chichi in the past would know she had really come from the future and was her daughter. They called Serena at school and told her and her boyfriend, Trunks, to go to his house after school.
 
"What do you think they want?" Trunks asked her as they walked to the edge of the city since Serena hated flying. "If they think for one second they're gonna make me fight they can hang it up now," Serena scoffed. She hated fighting but that didn't stop her crazy family or their crazy friends from trying to make her learn to. They reached the end of Tokyo where it became the suburbs and Serena sighed and shuttered. "Come on you'll be fine," Trunks said slyly grabbing her around the waist and pulling her close to him. Serena giggled and jumped on his back. Trunks rose into the air and Serena took in a deep breath trying not to scream and they flew off. A few minuets later they arrived at Trunks' house in a side city of Tokyo called West City. Serena jumped off his back and sat on the ground for a whole minuet before she stood back up. They walked into the living room and everyone looked very serious. Before anyone said anything the first words out of Serena's mouth were, "I didn't do it I swear." "Do what?" her mother questioned her. "Nothing," Serena said quickly, "What's this all about?" "Serena you're going on a mission," her father told her. "Not the library!" Serena yelled, "Anything but that please!" Some of them laughed at Serena. "You're not going to the library. Now be quiet Serena!" Trunks' father, Vegeta, snapped. Serena looked at Trunks very confused and he shrugged his shoulders at her. "Now Serena what ever you do don't freak out," Piccolo said. Serena tensed immediately because that there told her she was not going to like this. "Serena, listen very carefully," Goku, her father said. Serena took a step back from everyone and reached for Trunks' arm. "About eighteen years ago when Gohan was a baby you mother had a niece that came to stay with us for a while. Later we found out she was from the future and hiding form a terrible evil there. The girl was you. Only Chichi knew who she really was and she helped us many times. We don't want what happened to her happen in the past so you're going to the past just like she did. You are going to tell the Chichi in the past what we just told you and stay with them for the entire summer. You'll come back so you can go to school because your mother insists on it. Do you understand?" Goku told her this very slowly. Serena stood and looked at them all. They were nuts. She couldn't time travel. She was not going to do this. She would throw a temper tantrum and they would give up like with the flying. "Serena?" Gohan asked her. "NO!!!" Serena screamed at the top of her lungs shaking the entire house, "I WON'T!! AND YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!!" Oh how very wrong she was. They took her favourite pair of gold glitter high heels and threatened to burn them if she wouldn't go.
 
That put her in an even worse mood about going. Not only was Trunks not allowed to go with her, she would be living in the country in the attic again, and her shoes were being held hostage. Serena sighed as she nodded to Bulma not really listening to her as she explained how to operate the time machine. The day came and Serena was in such a bad mood everyone was more afraid of her than any monster they had ever faced. Only Trunks would go near her because he knew she wasn't angry with him. "Are you sure you packed everything?" he asked smiling. She gave him a look. Her family didn't realize how much stuff she had and after they threatened her shoes she was taking everything with her. She had an entire suitcase full of capsules that held everything. "You've got your locket?" Trunks whispered blushing. Serena turned and smiled warmly at him. She took the star locket she had gotten from him sometime last year out of her purse and put it back in. He smiled softly back at her. Serena got on her tip toes and kissed him. She then took her suitcase and purse and climbed into the time machine. "Don't get into to much trouble!" Serena's mother yelled to her from the ground. Serena flashed a wicked smile. Everyone knew she would do anything but not get into trouble. Their past selves would pay for making her go there. Serena pressed the green button on the dashboard and disappeared.
 
She was travelling through a black space that had little dots that looked like stars. She didn't have to worry about anything because Bulma had set an autopilot for her after one of the fits she threw. She machine jerked and she found it behind her old house in the country. Serena sighed. It was a cute house but it was so small. It was more of like a retirement home than a home for three children. But she remembered there would now only be two children and one of them, her, wasn't even supposed to be here. She climbed out and pushed the button to make the time machine go into a capsule and dropped it into her purse. She wheeled her suitcase around to the front and knocked. Thankfully the younger version of her mother answered. "Yes?" Chichi asked the stranger on her doorstep. "Chichi, I have a lot to tell you. It's a lot to swallow at once. May I come in?" Serena said. "Um, sure," Chichi said not knowing what to think. Serena went into the kitchen and sat down. "Where's Goku?" she asked Chichi as she followed Serena. "He's out," Chichi said starting to get worried. "Good," Serena sighed, "He's not supposed to know." "Know what?" Chichi asked defiantly uncomfortable. "My name is Serenity Son," Serena said. "What!" Chichi screamed, "Goku has a daughter!" "Please calm down," Serena said grinning, "I've come from the future. About eighteen years, and don't worry you're my mother." Chichi stared at her guest in complete confusion. "Please let me continue," Serena said holding up her finger to silence Chichi before she could interrupt, "Apparently in my world I did the same thing. My future self went to the past and posed as your niece and stayed for protection. But my world is now peaceful because they defeated the evil in my world before it could cause chaos like in the future world. My family is afraid that if I didn't do the same as my future self that the same evil might wreck havoc in the past if not warned and stopped." Chichi just stared at Serena. "Um…Serenity?" Chichi started. "Serena," Serena interrupted her. "Serena, how…why…what?" Chichi finally got out. "I just told you why," Serena said, "To make sure the future doesn't repeat in the past. How. I came in a time machine a very good friend of the family and my boyfriend's mother made. I believe you know her know. Bulma?" Chichi's face lit up. "Bulma made a time machine? And she's the mother of your boyfriend? Who's' the father? Is it Yamcha?" Chichi asked quickly. "Yes. Yes. No," Serena said. "What? Then who's the father?" Chichi asked eagerly. "I don't think I'm supposed to tell you. I don't think you even know him yet," Serena said. "Oh," Chichi said interestedly, "A mystery man." Serena giggled at the younger gossiping form of her mother. "If you wouldn't mind I'd like to have the attic. It used to be my old room," Serena said. "Of course," Chichi said, "Any room you want. Um…I just thought of something. Do you have anything to let me know you're telling me the truth?" Serena thought for a moment they hadn't thought of this dilemma apparently in her time her mother had no problem believing her future self. Serena snapped her fingers. An idea came to her. She opened her purse and started digging in it. She pulled out a picture that had herself, her mother, her father, and her brothers in it. She handed the picture to Chichi. "This is me obviously," she said pointing, "This is you, Goku, my father, Gohan, my older brother, and Goten, my younger brother." Chichi gasped looking at the family in the picture. She put it on the table and hugged Serena. "But no one but you can know who I really am," Serena said after Chichi let go. "I understand," Chichi said and led Serena to the attic, even though she knew where it was, and helped her unpack. Much of Serena's things had to be left in the capsules because the room was too small to hold everything.
 
Serena and Chichi went downstairs to play with little Gohan until Goku came home. Serena smiled at her little older brother, but she thought to herself I can't call him Gohan I already have a Gohan. "Isn't he adorable?" Chichi asked gushing over her son. "I love children," Serena said smiling, "They're so innocent and pure like white doves." And it hit her she could call him her beautiful pure little dove. Goku came home and was very surprised but happy when Chichi told him that her niece would be staying with them for the summer.
 
The next day Serena took Gohan out into the woods. She carried him for a while then set him down so he could play. A little while later Gohan managed to climb up the side of a cliff and was crying that he was stuck in a tree branch. Serena ran to the bottom of the cliff and told Gohan to get down the same way her got up. "I can't!" he cried. Oh no. Serena thought to herself. Then Goku came on his flying cloud and got Gohan down. Serena remembered this. Gohan made her take it in her world to go to school once. It was worse that regular flying because she felt she might fall through it since it was a cloud even though it did feel solid. Goku said he was going to Master Roshi's house for a reunion with some of his old friends and if she would like to come. Serena couldn't stand that old man, but now would be a good time to get some revenge. On an island where Chichi wasn't around. Serena then remembered the cloud only allowed pure people to ride it and even though she was lying for a good reason a lie was still a lie. She agreed and very carefully climbed on, but hovered ever so slightly above the cloud so it looked like she was sitting on it but she wasn't because she couldn't. Maybe this is why they wanted me to learn to fly, Serena thought. She tried to remember what they had said when they tried to teach her. Push your energy beneath you and use it to lift yourself. Serena used all her strength to pretend to sit and fly with the same speed of the cloud all at once. "Serena, are you okay?" Goku asked. "I'm fine," she snapped, "Sorry I just don't like heights." She was relived when they finally reached the island. Goku introduced her as his niece and Gohan as his son. Being Chichi's niece they swallowed pretty easily, but they couldn't get over Gohan being Goku's son. "They're weird," Serena said and bent beside Gohan, "Don't you think so Dove?" Gohan nodded his head. The turtle came up to Gohan and she put him on the turtle's back. Gohan had much fun riding the turtle like a horse around the beach. "A tail?" Master Roshi gasped. "Yep he was born with it just like me," Goku said. "Um...Goku," Bulma stammered, "Has anything strange ever happened to Gohan at night?" "What do you mean?" he asked. "She means has he ever looked at the full moon," Master Roshi explained. "No. Why?" Goku asked. "No reason," they all said fast. Serena saw an opportunity. "Have you ever been to the zoo with him?" She asked Goku. "No," he admitted. Even though Gohan was five he rarely left his home. "We should take him. I think he would positively love the monkeys. Don't you agree?" she directed the question at Bulma, Master Roshi and Krillin. They all looked very nervous. "That's a great idea!" Goku said happily. "No!" the others all screamed at once finding their voices. Goku looked at them confused while Serena gloated inside. "Why?" she asked innocently enough. They all looked extremely nervous again. Bulma finally found her voice and made up a convincing lie, "It's dirty there. Gohan might get sick." Serena cursed her for being so smart. Goku agreed that Chichi probably wouldn't like that then. Goku suddenly tensed up. "What's wrong?" Krillin asked. "Something is headed straight for us," he said in a worried tone. "There I see it," Krillin said pointing up in the sky.
 
Serena grabbed Gohan and held him close to her. A man in a strange armour with long black hair landed in front of them. "Friend of yours?" Serena asked. Everyone shook their heads no. "I was afraid of that," she whimpered. The stranger addressed Goku as Kakarott. Serena recognized the name that was what Vegeta called her father. But none of them seemed to recognize the name. He scolded Goku for not carrying out his mission which was to kill everyone on the planet. Krillin approached the stranger telling him he had the wrong person. The stranger unwrapped his tail, which had been around his waist, and struck Krillin. Krillin ended up getting smashed through the side of Master Roshi's house. "Daddy!" Gohan cried. "No," Serena whispered to him straining to keep him in her arms. "You fool you forgot," the stranger snapped. "Forgot what?" Goku snapped back. "Goku there's something your grandpa Gohan told me that I think you need to hear," Master Roshi said getting everyone's attention, "One day in the woods Gohan found a spaceship and there you were inside. You were a restless, destructive, little boy. One day you hit your head in a ravine and then after that you were a loving little child." "I'm an alien?" Goku asked. "You were born on the planet Vegeta. You are a Saiyan warrior just like me," the stranger said, "Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Raditz your big brother and you could have destroyed this planet in a few years with the help of the full moon." "What does the full moon have to do with this?" Goku asked while everyone else tensed. "What?" Raditz asked, "What happened to your tail?" "It was removed years ago," Goku said. "You fool you've lost your true power. Your ability to transform under the full moon," Raditz growled. "Listen my name is Goku and I live here so leave us alone!" Goku yelled at Raditz. "I won't leave you alone. You see our home planet was destroyed by a huge comet that crashed into it and there are only four of us left now and you're one of the four. We've found a choice planet to ravage but it requires the help of more power. That's where you come in," Raditz said. "Well you can forget it the answer is no!" Goku yelled. "Fine I'll take the boy," Raditz said. He moved so fast the others couldn't see him but Serena did and she took off. One problem though, she was on an island. She and Raditz began running in circles until he jumped in front of her and grabbed her turning her upside down. She screamed and kicked while Gohan began to cry. "I'll take them while you think things over Kakarott. You must eliminate one hundred of this species if you want to see them again," Raditz sneered and flew off with them.