Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Brief Christmas Comedy ❯ Ch 1: The Twist ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hope ya'll like. Not meant to be taken seriously or anything. Just a fun little Christmas story with a twist at the end. Inspired by a Christmas song…. Yes, I do have a twisted mind.

__________________________________________________________________ _____________________________

A Brief Christmas Comedy

As if the excitement of the upcoming day wasn't going to let Trunks sleep any longer, Trunks suddenly opened his eyes and sat up in bed.

"Yeah! Christmas Eve!" Trunks shouted as he jumped out of bed and raced downstairs and into the kitchen.

Bulma turned from the stove at her son's entrance, "Woaho!" Bulma laughed, her son's exuberance contagious, "I've barely got breakfast ready, Trunksie! Go get dressed. By then-"

Bulma trailed off as she realized that Trunks had already run back upstairs. As Trunks turned the corner from the stairs to the hallway to his room, he had to suddenly change his course.

Vegeta stood in the hallway, arms crossed, as if daring his son to run into him. Trunks, however, had the youthful delight of all children upon the Eve of Christmas on his side and somehow managed to race around Vegeta and into his room, not even sparing his father a backward glance.

Vegeta growled low in his throat in irritation. Usually he got some sort of pleasure at seeing his son look at him in wide-eyed caution. Then Vegeta would grin and send his son scurrying into his room. He'd have to talk to the woman about this.

As he entered the kitchen, he stopped for a second and watched Bulma flip pancakes frantically in an effort to get enough food ready to feed her two Saiyans at least one helping.

He sat down at the table and waited expectantly for the food, "What's gotten into him?"

Bulma looked at him as if he was from another planet; he was, but that was beside the point, "It's Christmas Eve, Vegeta."

"And that means what, woman?"

Bulma sighed, "It means it's the night before Chris-"

"I know that, woman!" Vegeta interrupted, "You've made your strange human customs known to me over the years. But why's he so excited about it?"

Bulma frowned at him as she dished out the food, "Because one of our 'strange human customs' involves the story of a kind man who gives presents to good boys and girls. He delivers these presents tonight, hence the excitement of Christmas Eve."

Vegeta still looked confused, "And here I thought the only idiot on Earth was Kakarott."

Bulma looked at Vegeta in annoyance, although she was fighting a grin. From the way Vegeta looked back at her, she could tell that he knew she was fighting it.

Before either of them could say anything more though, Trunks dashed into the room and was eating his breakfast before his butt was all the way in the seat.

Vegeta mimicked his son by eating his own food, but he lacked the bubbly feeling that forced Trunks to inhale his a bit faster in the hopes that the morning would somehow go faster if he was done with his breakfast faster.

After breakfast, Bulma grabbed Vegeta before he headed off to the gravity room. So surprised was he by her interruption of his usual schedule that they were already in the bedroom with the door closed before he freed his arm.

Bulma motioned for him to sit down on the bed and shrugged as Vegeta made no move except to fold his arms across his chest.

As she moved to the closet, he turned so that he was still facing her, "Woman, now is hardly the time."

She turned back toward him with a dry cleaner's bag in her hands, "Oh, get over yourself! I wanted to show you something."

Vegeta raised a brow as she revealed a red velvet suit with white fur lining, "That looks like what that Sandy Claws wears."

Bulma laughed, "Santa Claus, Veggie," Vegeta scowled, "And you're going to wear it."

Vegeta's eyes widened, "You have got to be joking! I wouldn't be caught dead in that!"

Bulma frowned, "Of course I'm not joking. And I can call Goku and arrange the last."

Vegeta snorted, but Bulma stalled him from making any arrogant statements, "I want you to wear it tonight. You can use your ki to float down the chimney. I have an old red bag you can stuff with his Christmas presents. Then, when Trunks wakes up from all the noise you'll make, he'll see Santa Claus, bringing him presents!" Bulma was so caught up in her idea; like that was new; that the twinkle in her eye blinded her to Vegeta's look.

"Woman, I absolutely refuse to get in that ridiculous garb and cater to the whims of some ridiculous legend! Have you forgotten who I am?"

"You get cookies and milk."

Vegeta's mouth almost watered at the thought. He'd grown quite fond to the sugary wafers you could dip in the white liquid, but he quickly quelled such thoughts of the delicious stuff.

"Hmph! I'm hardly Kakarott, to be ruled by my stomach."

Bulma threw up her hands, the Santa suit flapping up and hitting the ceiling, "I swear, Vegeta, the day you lift a hand to help anyone other than yourself is the day you die!!"

She stormed out of the room, muttering about stubborn Saiyans and their stubborn ways.

Vegeta looked at the Santa suit Bulma had thrown on the bed for a second, before shrugging and going back to his daily schedule, meaning he went to the gravity room to train.

* * *

Bulma carefully got out of bed. Normally she wouldn't even try to be quiet, as Vegeta's acute senses would wake him as soon as she moved to get up, but tonight he wasn't beside her in their bed.

Probably in that stupid gravity room. She sighed. Even though there was no Goku to surpass and no threat looming on the horizon, Vegeta insisted on staying in top form, and since he also insisted his son do likewise, his night sessions were reserved for his harsher regimen.

She slipped on a robe; Vegeta's by the feel of it, and some slippers and made her way downstairs. Since Vegeta had refused to dress up and deliver Trunks's presents that way, Bulma was left to do them herself.

She tiptoed to the hallway closet and managed to get all of the presents in the living room and under the tree without waking Trunks, who luckily, didn't have as acute senses as Vegeta, for obvious reasons. She rose up and smiled congratulatory at herself. It seemed she hadn't needed Vegeta after all.

She turned quite suddenly with a gasp as she heard a sound. It had come from the chimney.

Half in trepidation, half in hope, she walked slowly over to the chimney and leaned into it, peering up into the inky blackness.

She had to jump back in surprise as something, or rather, someone, landed right in front of her.

'He was dressed all in red, from his head to his foot,
And his clothes were all covered in ashes and soot.'

Bulma shook herself out of the childhood tale and a delighted grin sprang on her face.

"Vegeta! How sweet!" she cried out as she leapt at the surprised figure and planted a kiss soundly on his lips.

Both of them went very still and Bulma suddenly pulled back, looking very much shocked, as was the person before her.

"Yamcha?" she managed to get out before more pressing concerns made themselves known.

"WOMAN!"

'Oh what a laugh it would have been
If daddy had only seen
Mommy, kissing Santa Claus last night.'

____________________________________________________________ ___________________________________

So, am I mean or what? ROFLMBO, you actually thought I'd put Veg-boy in a Santa outfit? LOL, never in a million years would he wear it! No, when I torture someone, I torture them.

Oh, you want more? Don't think I should leave you hanging like that, heh? LOL Two words for you. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!