Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Change Of Heart ❯ Notification's of Incoming Invitation's (epilogue) ( Chapter 29 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chi-Chi walked into the kitchen, a pile of mail in hand. She noticed the tip of an elegant cream envelope, and, intrigued, was just about to grasp it when Goten burst into the room asking when breakfast would be done. She sighed and sat the mail down, pulling out a famous frying pan and putting it on the stove. She cracked eggs into it, one after the another, and was still doing it when Goku walked into the room.

Goten was shuffling through the mail when his father entered, about to pick up an elegant cream envelope, but his father distracted him and he sat the stack down on the table. He asked for breakfast, Goku, that is, and Chi-Chi, one egg carton down, got another one out and proceeded to crack them into the pan one after another.

"Scrambled!" Goten shouted.

"Fried!" Goku said at the same time, and Chi-Chi turned, hands on hips and looked at them both.

"Scrambled, will do fine." Goku said quickly, picking up the mail and sorting through it.

"Orange juice is in the fridge." She stated, and Goten got up to grab it and some glasses.

Both Chi-Chi and Goten looked at Goku as he picked up the elegant cream envelope, both wanting the first look.

"Hey, this looks pretty fancy, doesn't it?" He asked, undoing the seal. Chi-Chi began to protest, and Goten let out a frustrated sigh as Goku pulled out the card.

He stood up and started leaving the room, much to the frustration of both Chi-Chi and Goten.

"Hey, would you look at this, it's one of those "mark-the-date" cards for Trunk's and Pan's wedding!" He exclaimed behind his back as he left the room. "And Chi-Chi, I'm not that hungry anymore. Thanks!"

Chi-Chi and Goten charged after him, ready to wrestle over the "2nd" look.

~*~

Krillin, Eighteen, and Marron sat around sipping orange juice at the table, Krillin and Marron looking over Juu's shoulder for a peek.

"Who, it looks so nice!" Marron exclaimed.

"Very distinguished." Eighteen commented.

Krillin blinked.

"Well, I suppose you could call it that." Krillin said. "But it really is just a card with a couple sentences written on it."

Marron rolled her eyes at her dad.

"Can't you tell how nice it looks?" She questioned. Krillin blinked.

"Krillin, it is a very nice notification of incoming invitation." She said, sipping coffee. He raised a brow; Juu always used `technical' terms for the most normal things.

~*~

"You like it, don't you?" Pan questioned, looking at Trunks. He nodded, looking over it again.

"Really, I do." He said at her disbelieving face. "What?"

"You don't seem to like it." She pointed out. "You act like it's-"

"Just a piece of paper?" He suggested, and she nodded. "I'm sorry," He put an arm around her shoulder. "I promise to get more excited about these things." She smirked.

"Just look excited at the wedding and I'll be happy." She grinned and snuggled closer.