Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Life Mistake ❯ Crossroads (Part One) ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]






I... I'm speechless.

I can't say or do anything.

Fuck, I hate my life, but that's becoming redundant.

Kakarotto's merged with this mainframe, this complex made of wires and chips and metal of some sort. His hands are bleeding, his legs are slashed, and his body is gushing blood all over the place.

These workers are typing fast on these computers, all of them with wide eyes and sweating blood down their faces. Their mumbling something, but I can't figure out what it is. It sounds like a song of some sort...

I hear laughter, and I hear talking. Printers are endlessly drawing conclusions to solutions and making answers for questions. I... I don't understand everything.

But I do, don't I? I don't... I do. Fuck, this is a piece of shit.

"One pill makes you larger," a man says to no one. He is dressed in white, a scientist of some sort.

"And one pill makes you small," a woman says to no one. She is dressed in white, with a stethascope, a doctor obviously.

"And the ones that mother gives you don't do anything at all," a man... or a woman... said, walking past me and saying it to no one. He or she was dressed like a priest, the usual colors of a man of religion gone negative.

Go ask Alice. Go ask Alice. Go ask Alice. That's what they are muttering. That's what they are all muttering.

... it's a song. I remember this song. I heard it over the radio once, and its from a movie. It was based off of a book, but I never read the book. It was a story about a girl who took acid and killed herself.

Wait. I don't believe this.

As a matter of fact, I haven't been believing anything since day one.

Is this all because of... ACID?

This is all in my mind because maybe Kakarotto slipped acid somewhere into my drink one time or stuff it into my brain or acid was fluttered over the world and I just happened to be affected by it the most?

... goddamit, I had to... I had to what? I forgot what I did on the first day now. The day when this shit happened.

Feh. Fuck. Damn. Shit. Ugh.

I walk up to Kakarotto, determined to get the fuck out of here and take him with me. I'm sick of this. I want out, and this damn crucified bastard is coming with me.

My tears are still flowing down my face against my will. It must be a sight - a determined, pissed Saiya-jin face, with tears flowing down freely like a waterfall. I don't give a damn.

Both of my hands clasp around the two thick black wires holding Kakarotto up. In a flash, I flick my wrists and the wires are broken. Sparks and chips fall all around me and the unconscious Kakarotto. He seems so peaceful, crucified to this damn thing...

My mind must be playing tricks on me. I could have sworn I saw him staring at me with those eyes of his, and that smile on my face. Aw fuck it. It's time to do the plan -- get Kakarotto and myself out of here, and then beat the living shit out of him.

I began to throw the wires and the chips down the ground, digging a way to find the rest of Kakarotto's body in this gigantic, tangled mess. Little by little, as I break away the prison Kakarotto is in, the lights in this foresaken place flicker furiously.

I have no clue what's going on, because I can faintly hear in the background that certain song being skipped on a broken record player. I could have sworn that they were all repeating the ending, "feed your head."

No, that's not happened. Don't pay attention to that Vegeta, just worry about Kakarotto and yourself. Get the fuck out of here now before something bad happens.

What the FUCK?!

The arms of the people working here are wrapping around me like wires, and had pulled me back, away from Kakarotto. I growled at their faces, noticing their blank stares... and the sparks flying from their heads.

My God, they are robots?!

... Kakarotto's head is lifting, and he is awake.

Sparks are flying from his head as well, illuminating his ebony eyes. And my God he is smiling.

They're all repeating that phrase. "Feed your head." "Feed your head." "Feed your head."

Get me the hell out of here!

Funny. I'm trying my damnedest to get the hell out of here, but they all ganged up on me, pinning me to the ground. Kakarotto smiles, and watches with those eyes and that smile. Oh, of course he's smiling, he must love this.

Is this what he wanted? He wanted me to be the cat and let my curiosity lead to my death? Well, fuck THAT! I've had enough of all this shit. This is the last straw!

I'm getting out of here! Right NOW!

I let loose all of my power (or what was left of it) electrifying the room and brightening it to a pure white color. There was no more darkness left, only the brightness of my ki.

Okay, I'm pissed, I'm angry... I'm in an all out rage. It's time for pay back. Big time.

... great, NOW WHAT?!

I can not move. My feet are plastered to the ground. I glance behind me as far as I could, and I notice that the room is beginning to melt with itself. It's like a lava lamp... all gooey, lava, magma... psycadelic...

I was infected with acid. I just know it.

Locking my eyes with Kakarotto, I snarl at him, wishing that he was dead. Strangely, his smile turns into one of a Cheshire Cat, and he laughs hysterically like the Mad Hatter.

"I am dead," he said in a sing - song voice. "Dead dead dead. I am Vegeta. I AM DEAD!"

My eyes bulge from my sockets. Pain corses through my body as wires lunge into my system and chips drain my blood away. I'm becoming like him... I'm becoming insane! Wait, that's not right... Kakarotto can't be insane...

And then, the wires began to suck my brain and heart.

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!"





... it's dark. Everything is black. I look at my hands and I notice I've turned all white. I sigh darkly. Great, now I'm a ghost. Frowning, I cross my arms and look around.

"All right, where are you Grim Reaper?" I ask aloud, my voice echoing off of no walls, but the darkness itself. It unsettles me, but I do not show that weakness. I can't. Snarling, I shout louder. "Where are you?!"

From the darkness, the echoing of footsteps come. Little by little they grow in sound, until I can see a figure of black within the night itself. A white light suddenly glows over me, and I'm blinded for a while.

What the hell is happening?! I mean... wasn't I becoming like Kakarotto beforehand, with the wires and the chips and being... crucified? Dear God, what's wrong with all of this? Where is the ordinary?!

I don't want to cry. I already cried beforehand, and I don't want to do it again. Hell, I had cried involuntarily the last time. Now I don't want to at all. I have to contain myself and bare myself for what might be coming this way.

I try to glare through the light that is over me, but I can't see a damn thing. Fucking light. Where the hell did it come from anyways?

The echoing stops. The figure is in front of me. The light has faded, because of a white hand like my own reaching out in the darkness and pulling down some sort of chain slowly. The light has dimmed enough where this dark place has been lit somewhat, but not to a point where I can be blinded for life.

Now I can see this man! I smirk and awaited my trip to the afterlife. At least I'd be the hell out of here. "Hello, Death."

"Death?" the man chuckled. My eyes wided at the voice. "That's not very ordinary of you, Vegeta."

...

... I hate my life. I really do. Life's too confusing to deal with.

Wait, I'm supposed to be dead, like he is. Like this man in front of me. I'm not insane! I can't go insane dammit! He can go insane, but he won't drag me down with him.

"You goddamned insane motherfucking asshole," I growl, my own way as a greeting for a man like him now.

He smiled. THAT smile comes back to haunt me once more. A chuckle emitts from his voice. "Kakarotto would have been much more ordinary and apart of routine than Death, wouldn't it, Vegeta?"

At that point, I wanted to fucking kill him right there and then. But then again, we are both dead, so it's pointless. "Shut the fuck up, Kakarotto."

The saiya-jin man still smiled but didn't laugh. He still stared at me, and I stared right back at him.

... holy shit, wait a minute here.

Kakarotto is... all... black and white? Grayscaled? Why is he like that? Where the hell are we? Why haven't I even attempted to lunge at him and either choke him to death or ask him a million questions at once?

Okay, contain yourself Vegeta. You have a mouth. A big one at that. A big motherfucking mouth that can curse and yell and bitch. Use the damn son of a bitch you love so much, then.

"... why?" Oh yay. Here's Mr. Vegeta, articulate AND smart. That's it, it's now official and positively true. Vegeta, here, has gone insane, and stupid. I'm Kakarotto now!

... that, out of everything I've been through, is the scariest thing.

Kakarotto still smiled, and it grew. God, that would have scared any man, and it almost scared me. "You'll know soon enough... but not yet. A few options still have to be given, you see."

"Options?" I ask. Yay. Instead of getting answers, I'm asking more questions. Good one Vegeta! Bravo! Feh. For some reason, since he just said the word "options," I'm getting the sinking feeling that his is all a game. A mental game of his. If it is... when I find out... he'll get more than a murder, he'll be BEYOND dead.

"Yeah, Vegeta," he said with a shrug. "You just call this the Crossroads without given some options."

"You are still making no sense, Kakarotto," I said bluntly, my eyes narrowed and lips pursed. "I'm starting to get tired of all this... shit."

Kakarotto shrugged once more and gave me that Son grin I'm used to. "Well Vegeta, you're not out of Wonderland yet. Alice still has to meet the Red Queen."

"If I'm Alice, then your the Cheshire Cat," I mumbled, somehow containing myself further from murdering him in any which way possible.

He laughed as he turned around into the darkness, shouting out to me and fading quickly I couldn't even catch up to him. "You know, you're right about that one!"

"Get back here you mother-- !"

And then, someone slammed a ton of bricks onto my head, making me fall deeper and deeper into the darkness until I was sucked in an abyss larger and filled with a color that was a shade darker than black itself.

If it has to deal with insanity, someone please shoot me.

And if it has to deal with Kakarotto, shoot him.

And if it's neither, shoot someone.