Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Simple Wish ❯ Chapter Eight ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: This chapter is in no way affiliated with 'KY Warming liquid'.

Author's Notes: *bows repeatedly* I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry and did I mention I was sorry?? …For the lateness, not the chapter.

Sister-type Author notes: It's my fault. All my fault. I take full responsibility for this chapter taking a small eternity to get out. All complaints can be sent too Silvers_shadow@yahoo.com . My excuse is that I was participating in this years 'NaNoWriMo' (National Novel Writing Month) and so I didn't really feel like writing on something else that would break my concentration for the NaNoWriMo (and DBZ really would have broken my concentration). But now it's all over so, now I've recovered a bit, I've been nagged and bullied into finally typing up and spit shining this chapter. I didn't work to hard on this chapter this time though, since my sisters writing skills are beginning to become readable (^_~) and because I'm still half brain dead from writing my NaNo.

I hope you all have as much fun reading it as I did when I first read it. Some of this is simply classic.

Warnings: Shounen-ai (duh), and uhmm… well Shounen-ai.

Chapter Eight

The clouds of fuzziness that always seemed to be pressing Vegeta's consciousness downwards always seemed to clear at odd times.

He fought, always, constantly fought against it; sometimes he succeeded, most times he didn't. Most of the time he fought, struggling with the dimness around him, because he could see the fool he was making of himself and every inch of him burned to make it stop; but at other times the power that controlled him pushed his consciousness downwards, stomping on it brutally and leaving him, not in darkness, no; but in a placid place. He hated the placid place. It meant that whatever it was that had control of him was fully a part of him, because the piece of him that remained 'Vegeta' was fully integrated into the new being he had become. It was like going to sleep, except that didn't even know it had happened until he awakened.

And it always left him at odd times. Sometimes lifting only a little, giving him space to struggle, and sometimes letting go completely, allowing him free rein of his body.

It let him go now.

His instant reaction was to take stock of himself. Where was he now? Who was he with? What was he doing? Was a swiftly bitten out rebuke to Kakorotto required? Did he need to extract himself from some unsavoury position?

Those questions answered themselves immediately. He was still in Kakorotto's home, he was with Kakorotto, he was kissing Kakorotto, yes, a rebuke was definitely required, and if this position wasn't unsavoury, what was?

He didn't seem to be letting go though and that was really something he should be doing when finding himself in this particular situation. It didn't matter if it felt nice, or if Kakorotto wasn't resisting, he needed to let go. Let go! He admonished himself and managed to get himself to pull back slightly from the kiss. He missed it already.

No! No he didn't! Vegeta, Prince of the Saiyan race did not miss the feeling of a third class baka's lips against his own and he was going to prove it by pulling away right this instant and yelling the other man's ears off for daring to touch him, much less putting his dirty, low class…

Vegeta's determination trickled off abruptly as the taller man hesitantly pulled Vegeta back into the kiss and moved to put his arms around him. Kakorotto's kiss was soft, strong and slightly questing. Vegeta had been thinking something. Something about yelling…about stopping…

Suddenly he staggered backwards, Kakorotto having pushed him away. Hard.

"Kakorotto?" He questioned incredulously, why the hell had the man pushed him?

"G…get dressed!" Kakorotto glared at him, "Now! And don't… don't say anything! Just get dressed!"

He was angry. He was angry?! Who did that low class idiot think he was, getting angry with Vegeta?!

Vegeta's eyes narrowed in anger then he turned on his heel quickly and stalked back down the hallway to the bathroom, slamming the door shut behind him.

The slamming of the door echoed in his mind for a moment and then, all anger forgotten as the fuzziness that was always with him re-established control, he started getting dressed.

---

Chi-chi was still fuming as she entered the Capsule Corp. building. What had Gokou been thinking, taking that Vegeta to their home! How could he?!

The dark-haired woman stormed through the building, paying no heed to anything around her and almost flattening Trunks and Goten as she stomped passed them to Bulma's office, not even noticing the boys as they dived out of her way.

"Chi-chi…?" Bulma had half stood from her chair as the other woman had slammed the doors to her office open and barged in. Now Bulma stared at her uncertainly, taking in the angry flush that was creeping up the woman's face and the tears threatening to spill down her cheeks. "What…happened?"

---

Trunks and Goten stood in dazed silence outside Bulma's office door after 'Tornado Chi-chi' passed through, just standing there, stunned.

Eventually Trunks broke the silence, "Uhmm… Goten. Do you think your mum…"

Trunks cut off suddenly as an enraged yell echoed out from the office and down the hallway.

"Gokou did what?!"

---

Gokou still sat where he had slid earlier, his back against the wall, unmoving.

At a glance, no one would guess that the Saiyan was fighting one of the toughest battles he had ever fought. It barely registered on his face, and only the slump of his shoulders gave away that there was even anything wrong.

At length he took a deep breath and, lifting a hand to rub at his forehead, he sighed and looked around him. Now wasn't the time for this. He had to get Vegeta back to the Lookout before any more damage was done, and then maybe he could get away to be alone.

As if on cue, the Saiyan Prince strode from the bathroom, fully dressed and finally ready to leave.

He paused, looking around for a moment till he finally spotted the other man and his expression softened.

"Kakorotto?" he asked uncertainly and, noting his position on the floor, walked over to him.

After a moment of silence, Vegeta knelt down beside the other man, "Kakorotto… Are you alright? Why are you on the floor?"

Gokou stared at the other man, as he knelt beside him, and frowned. What was he playing at?

Vegeta's expression echoed Gokou's frown and he reached up and laid his hand against Gokou's cheek. "Kakorotto?"

Gokou started, standing up from where he sat so fast that he ended up back where he started on the floor, falling with a dull thud.

"Kak…?" Vegeta started before he was cut off.

"We need to get back." He said getting up again, this time a bit slower.

"…Of course." Vegeta said after a moment of silence, obviously not pleased with the idea, and stood up.

"You…" Gokou closed his eyes briefly and took a breath, "Grab my arm." It was a command.

Vegeta complied instantly, of course, and after a brief pause, where Gokou searched out Dende's 'Ki', they disappeared.

Instantly they reappeared safely, hundreds of miles away on Kami's Lookout.

Or at least Vegeta reappeared safely. Gokou had miscalculated slightly and while Vegeta was on level ground, Gokou had appeared with one foot on a step and the other in mid-air. Taken by surprise the man stumbled down the step slightly and, ignoring a jab of pain from his ankle, righted himself.

"Kako…"

"Shhhh!" Gokou hushed Vegeta quickly and pulled him down into a crouch beside him, behind a pillar, and clutched his ankle unconsciously.

A few yards away, Dende stood with Piccilo and Mr. Popo, talking quietly near the garden; they would have to be quiet if they didn't want to be spotted.

"Kakorotto." Vegeta said again, quieter but ignoring Gokou's warning glance, "Are you alright?"

Gokou adjusted his weight so he wasn't leaning so much on his ankle, probably sprained, and said through grit teeth, "I'm fine. Follow me."

Keeping low, the two men slowly began to navigate their way out of the open area and into the main building, and a long five minutes later, they managed to make it to Vegeta's room.

Sitting abruptly on the bed, Gokou glared down at his throbbing ankle and sighed. Today wasn't his day, it just simply wasn't. The only good thing was he was sure they hadn't been seen.

Dende smiled slightly as Gokou and Vegeta passed quietly behind him. So they were back were they? Well, he supposed he might as well go and see them, make sure nothing had gone wrong on their small 'field trip'. …After giving them a slight head start, of course.

"What does he think he is? Invisible?" Came the dry comment beside him and Dende laughed lightly, turning to the other Namekian.

"We should go see how it went."

Piccilo simply nodded and began to lead the way.

It took some time to get there, considering the three had to walk slowly, providing for the fact that, instead of taking the most direct route, Gokou and Vegeta had taken the little used passages, which took longer, so they wouldn't be caught by accident. When the small group finally arrived near Vegeta's room they quickened their pace at the sound of a pained yell and when they neared the door they were stunned at what they heard.

"Ouch! Vegeta, don't do that!" It was definitely Gokou's voice.

"Hold still while I get this undone!" Most certainly Vegeta's.

"It doesn't need to be undone!"

"Yes it does, I need to see how swollen it is."

"It's not swollen! It's not!"

"It is too. I can see that it's swollen."

"Aahhhhh!!"

There was a low whistle. "Wow, it's almost purple."

Outside the door there was silence.

Tearing his eyes away from the closed door, Dende looked up at Piccilo, his eyes wide. Piccilo's expression was almost identical. Piccilo opened his mouth, drawing in breath as if he were about to speak, then sound floated out through the closed door again.

"Hey! Don't poke it!" A sharp intake of breath, "I said don't poke it!!"

"I just want to see where it's most tender." Vegeta said mildly.

"Everywhere is tender." Gokou's reply was growled.

"Alright; hold still and I'll rub some of this on it."

"Aie~aie~aie~aie it's cold!"

"Yes, but it feels better, doesn't it?" Vegeta's voice was infuriatingly reasonable.

Gokou's voice was grudging, "Yeah… Actually it feels kind of nice." He hissed his breath in between in teeth, "Careful, it's going a little stiff."

"The cream will help; hold on, I'll put this on it."

"Aahhhh~! Vegeta!"

"Sorry." The listeners didn't think he sounded it, "But you didn't have to make such a fuss. Don't worry, I'll cover it up now."

----

Chi-chi was almost scared of Bulma and the way the woman was acting. Chi-chi knew that what she'd told Bulma was a serious matter, but somehow she'd imagined the woman would handle it better.

After her small explosion in her lab, Bulma had dragged Chi-chi out of the building and they were now flying towards the Lookout at top speed, Bulma was driving of course. Chi-chi was clutching to her seat for dear-life as the small two person plane swerved wildly through the air, Bulma, the wind and the speed they were travelling at all battling for dominance.

And Bulma was muttering, barely audible, under her breath. Trying to distract herself from the woman's driving, Chi-chi focused on the voice and tried to make sense of it.

"…Bastard…how could…not going too…he bettermy husband…he thinking…"

Chi-chi closed her eyes for a moment as Bulma went silent suddenly, then almost jumped out of her skin in fright as Bulma finally screeched.

"What was he thinking?!"

----

Piccilo, finally having enough of listening, slammed the door to Vegeta's room open, ignoring it as the handle lodged itself in the wall, and froze, staring at the room's two occupants.

Whatever position the two men might have been in before Piccilo entered became moot as, hearing the door slam open, Vegeta had tried to spin around from his crouched position and had slipped, face first, into a very red-faced Gokou's lap.

"Pi…Piccilo…" Gokou managed to stutter after a moment, but trailed off and stared at the floor.

Everything went deathly silent, nobody willing to utter even a small comment, or in Gokou's case, an explanation.

After a moment, Vegeta (who had already extracted himself from Gokou's lap) examined Gokou's ankle again and then gathered up the bandages and took them into the bathroom to put them away.

Gokou could still feel Piccilo's stare grinding it's way into him as he stared fixedly at the floor and, after a moment of attempting to endure the uncomfortable silence, he suddenly swooped, gathering his discarded boot, and hobbled quickly passed the two Namekian's and out of the room.

--

Gokou sat back, leaning against the steps that led up into the Lookout. Everything around him was peaceful, quiet and relaxing. At least it would have been, had he not had a voice, that sounded a lot like Chi-chi's, in his head screaming at him like a siren.

…Maybe he should just leave like the others had. Bulma would understand if he left, actually she'd probably be quite happy…ecstatic even.

But, could he turn his back on…on Vegeta?

Gokou was confused. Well, actually 'confused' was the understatement of the century; he was far beyond confused by this point. When he had… No, when Vegeta had kissed him it had felt… Well it had felt good.

Was that wrong?

Of course!! His mind screamed in its 'Chi-chi' voice. But then… then why did he want to do it again?

Before he could even start to formulate an idea as to why he felt that way, a rush of air and a whirring sound alerted him to the arrival of a familiar two-person plane. He didn't even have to look into the vehicle to know who the passengers would be. Bulma and Chi-chi…

Hide!Was his first thought and he didn't waste any time in casting around himself quickly for a place to get out of sight before picking the dubious safety of hiding behind a nearby pillar. Crouching behind the tall pillar of stone, all he could do was pray to any Gods that actually happened to be listening to him that he wouldn't be, and indeed hadn't, already been seen.

Hearing footsteps, Gokou pressed his back hard up against the pillar which, he reflected as it crashed to the ground directly in front of the two women he was trying to hide from, probably wasn't that great of an idea; sometimes, he just didn't know his own strength.

Bulma hadn't even batted an eyelid as the pillar crashed down ahead of her and instead her gaze immediately pinned to the man she'd been looking for.

Gokou looked everywhere but at the angry woman before him; there was no way he'd get out of this one.

Quickly he flicked his eyes up to look at his wife and he suddenly let out a breathe he hadn't even realised he'd been holding in.

Amazingly, the dark haired women didn't look angry. She didn't even have any of the distressed air about her that she'd stormed from their house with earlier. Instead she had her eyes pinned to Bulma in concern.

Relieved, Gokou changed his eyes to the aqua-haired woman and took a step backwards at the expression in her eyes. Before Gokou could even open his mouth in a pitiful attempt to defend himself, Bulma launched into the rant she'd obviously been planning the entire way there.

"What did you think you were doing?! How - how could you do something like this?! What made you think that you had the right to take Vegeta away from here like that? What?!"

Now Gokou wasn't the smartest person in the world, and he would gladly admit it, but he knew from experience that the best course of action in situations like this was to stay quiet and just let Bulma get everything off her chest. So, the Saiyan tightened his jaw and stared back at Bulma in what he hoped was an innocent expression. Unfortunately that obviously wasn't the way Bulma worked.

"How dare you! You can't even give me an answer?! Didn't you listen to me when I said not to take Vegeta away from the Lookout?"

Since staying quiet hadn't worked, Gokou thought he'd try answering.

"Bulma, I thought it would be good for…"

…Okay, talking doesn't work either. Before him, Bulma was turning three different shades of red in quick succession.

"What is wrong with you?!" she exploded, "Obviously you didn't hear me right! I said not to take him out of the Lookout and what did you do?? Hmmmm??!"

Bulma glared at him expectantly and Gokou simply blinked back, looking much like a dazed owl. What was he supposed to do? He'd tried staying quiet and he'd tried defending himself, was there a third option he hadn't thought of?

With a growl, Bulma suddenly turned away from Gokou's blank expression and stalked passed him and up the stairs to the entrance of the Lookout, disappearing through the doors in seconds.

-

Chi-chi watched Bulma disappear into the building then suddenly rounded on her husband. She'd almost forgotten her own emotions in her concern for Bulma, but now they came back with full force and Gokou was about to wear the brunt of them.

"Well?" She demanded, her gaze nearly boring a hole straight through the man. "Do you think you've done the 'right thing' now? Bulma is very unstable right now and you are not helping. That's her husband you've been toying with!"

At the last words, Gokou's head snapped up and his eyes narrowed imperceptibly. He was not 'toying' with Vegeta!

Gokou suddenly tuned back in as Chi-chi took his hand and he realised that she was still talking.

"...I want you home immediately, Gokou! I don't like what this…this situation is doing to you!"

Go…home? No, he couldn't. He wouldn't!

Gokou looked down at where Chi-chi had his hand held firmly in her own and he smiled sadly, and pulled his hand from hers, holding them for a moment before dropping them.

"Chi-chi…I'm sorry."

And he walked away.

--

Bulma couldn't believe what she was hearing.

Vegeta, her husband, was asking for Gokou. And not just that, but every second word out of the man's mouth had something to do with the other Saiyan.

He hadn't even made a move towards her, not a single one since she had arrived. He'd simply sat down beside her and gently held her hand in his.

Something must have happened. Something had to have happened. It wasn't right. Vegeta seemed to be content to simply sit and talk (about Gokou) and neither Piccilo, nor Dende, looked harassed at all. Vegeta just wasn't acting...well like he had been since that stupid wish had been made. She had to look into it.

Her attention snapped back to Vegeta suddenly as, for the fourth time since she'd arrived, he asked for 'Kakorotto'.

"…Is he on his way?" he asked.

"I…don't know." What else could she say? She suddenly realised she was very close to tears and she forced the lump in her throat back with shear force of will. The wish, it had to be changing or something, maybe mutating and twisting the emotions the Prince already had. Everyone knew how much Vegeta had hated Gokou before, there was no way what the wish was doing to him was normal. She thought of something and made a mental note to track down her wayward son when she got home and to find out the exact wording of the wishes he and Goten had made.

"Well," Vegeta pressed, unaware of Bulma's inner turmoil, "I want to see Kakorotto, now!"

As if he had heard the demand (which he had), Gokou walked into the room and instantly had an almost purring Saiyan Prince appearing in front of him and wrapping his arms around the taller man's waist.

"Where were you, my love?" Vegeta questioned, not even noticing that his wife had suddenly gone deathly pale, or that there were two other people in the room.

Gokou had to hide a sudden grin; Vegeta could be really cute sometimes. Wait! Damnit. Did he just think that Vegeta was cute?

The man obviously hadn't managed to hide his grin to well, because all colour seemed to return to Bulma's features, and then some.

"You… You think you know what's good for him, do you?" Bulma questioned, her voice shaky. "Then… Then go! Just go!" She gestured vaguely towards the door.

"Bulma. I…"

"NO, Gokou! You think you can handle him? Of course you do! You know just what's good for him, don't you?! Well since you know what's good for him then go!"

Gokou didn't move, his confusion at the command apparent in his expression.

Vegeta turned slightly and looked at his irate wife and then took a hesitant, slightly confused step towards her. "Bulma…"

"I…" her voice broke with the emotion she was holding back, "Take him back to your house, Gokou. Chi-chi and the kids have been staying at Capsule. Corp, so just…"

"…Go." Gokou finished for her. "Why- "

"Get out, now!"

Gokou nodded and grabbed Vegeta and started to drag him from the room. For the first time it seemed that Vegeta didn't want to leave, but the moment passed quickly and soon the two Saiyans were flying quickly from the Lookout, towards Mt Paozu.

---

As the two Saiyan's speed from the room, Piccilo watched uncomfortably as Bulma fell to the floor, sobbing quietly to herself. The situation almost could have been funny, but he couldn't seem to bring himself to think of it that way.

His eyes narrowed as he gazed again at the doorway the two men had disappeared through and he decided that there was a certain waterfall he wanted to visit for some much needed meditation. It was quiet, peaceful, and very close to a certain Saiyans house on Mt Paozu.

With a brief, knowing nod in Dende's direction, Piccilo swept out of the room and followed almost the exact same route Gokou and Vegeta had taken as he made his way to his objective.

End Chapter Eight.

End Author Notes: I'm still REALLY sorry for this being so late, *bows again* Please forgive me? BUT it's actually my sisters FAULT! She's had the chapter since September but she kept forgetting and then she wasn't in a 'DBZ mood'…so please don't hurt me - hurt her!

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, and I promise to update faster after this, and if it helps my New Years resolution is to finish A Simple Wish! LOL!