Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ All I Want For Christmas ❯ Dear Santa... ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

DarkPrincess3: This is the first fanfiction I had ever written. It was only on Fanfiction.net at first but now I am putting it up here for more viewers. Read, review, and enjoy. (And I know its way past Christmas)

Disclaimer: I don't own DB/Z/GT.

All I want for Christmas.

It was five years today. Five years since the love of his life had died. Five years since Bulma had passed on leaving Vegeta with a 10-year-old son named Trunks, and a new born baby girl named Bra. It was now five years and Vegeta still wasn't over the loss of his love. But he lived on, mostly for his children though. After Bulma died Dr. and Mrs. Briefs said Vegeta and his children had to leave. The couple just couldn't stand to have their dead daughter's family with them.

So Vegeta had left with just about nothing, all he had was his will to survive, if not for himself then for his children. Trunks was now 15 and Bra five, and just starting school. Vegeta had gotten a job as a warehouse worker, and made just enough to get three Sayains ends meat. Trunks would be in charge of watching Bra after he got off school.

Every night just before Vegeta went to bed he would pray and beg Bulma to give him the strength to go on. And she always seemed to answer his prayers, because every morning he would wake up, get the kids ready for school and go to work. It was a routine, one he didn't mind continuing, as long as his children were healthy. Trunks and Bra were every thing to him, in fact he believed that if he didn't have them, he wouldn't be on Earth any longer.

It was 7:00pm now and the trio were just finishing dinner and getting ready to watch a little television. Bra ran into the connecting living room of the small apartment and switched on the television. She switched it to a Christmas special, which happened to be only a week away. Vegeta and Trunks walked in and Vegeta sat in between the two and wrapped his arms around their shoulder as they watched The Santa Claus.

After the movie was over Trunks switched it to some old western that was on. Bra blinked and looked up at Vegeta, "Daddy?" she asked.

Vegeta looked down and her and tilted his head to the left slightly, "Yes Princess?"

Bra chewed on her bottom lip then took a deep breath and looked Vegeta straight in the eyes. Whenever she did that he was reminded of Bulma. "Daddy can you take me to see Santa tomorrow at the mall?"

Vegeta smiled slightly and nodded his head, he could never tell her no, he could never tell Bulma no either. Bra squealed and wrapped her arms around Vegeta's muscular neck and squeezed. For hardly any training, she was sure strong! Bra kissed Vegeta on the cheek and she did the same to Trunks and told them good night and ran into the small room that she shared with the big brother that she adored.

Trunks sighed and laid his head on Vegeta shoulder. He didn't even think about what his father would do, since his mom had died he changed. He never yelled at them and always showed them his love, since he still was bad at expressing his emotions to people. But it was enough to just let them hug and to be allowed to cry on his shoulder.

The next day was Saturday and Vegeta took his son and daughter to the crowded mall. They walked to the center of the mall where the line to where Santa started. They must have stood there for a good half-hour, but no matter how much Trunks pleaded with Bra she would not go until she talked to Santa.

Finally, it was Bra's turn. She ran up to Santa and got up on his lap. Trunks and Vegeta walked off to the side and watched as she talked to him

"So little girl what is your name?" asked the harry man in red.

Bra smiled and poked her thumb to her chest and said, "My name is Bra!"

The Santa smiled and chuckled. "Well Bra what would you like for Christmas?"

Bra took a deep breath and closed her eyes for a moment, then opened them, she had tears in her eyes. "Now, now Bra there is no reason for you to cry, just tell me what you want and I'll do the best I can to get it for you."

Bra took a shuddering breath. "It's not for me, its for my Daddy," she began. "You see, my Daddy is sad and has been for a long time. When I was born my Mommy went away to Heaven. He's been really sad and he really misses her. I know because sometimes I hear him whispering my Mommy's name in his sleep and he asks her why she left him alone. What I want for Christmas is for my Mommy to come back to my Daddy. My Mommy's name is Bulma and my Daddy's is Vegeta. I know you can do it Santa, I know you can make my Daddy happy again."

The Santa sat there dumbfounds. How could he promise a child that he would bring her mother back form the dead? "Uh.umm.well you see sweetie, I can't really do that. I can get you toys.but not bring people back from the dead."

Bra glared at him, a glare that used to be Vegeta's normal facial expression. The Santa gulped. Then Bra's eyes began to water. "Please you have to!" she cried. "If you don't, my Daddy will never be happy again!"

What was a Santa to do? So he sighed and said, "alright Bra, I will try my best to bring you Mommy back and I will tell her that your Daddy misses her."

Bra's eyes Brightened and she hugged Santa around the neck and said thank you over and over again. And then they had their picture taken.

Vegeta paid for the picture and when Bra came over he grasped her hand in his and smiled down at her, she looked so happy.just like Bulma. That thought brought pain to his heart and he swallowed hard and looked back down at Bra, pretending that nothing was amiss. "So Princess, what did you ask Santa for?"

Bra looked up and smiled. "Do you really want to know?" Vegeta and Trunks both nodded their heads. Bra smiled even brighter. "I asked Santa to bring Mommy back so you could be happy Daddy."

Vegeta stopped walking. He couldn't believe that his daughter had asked for that. Of all things, and just so that he could be happy. Vegeta swallowed again, he didn't know what to say. He bent down and picked up Bra and held her tight. "That's very nice of you Bra, but I don't think even Santa can do that."Vegeta trailed off.

Bra pulled back and held Vegeta's face in her little hands. She ran her thumbs over his black eye browse. And she ran her index fingers over his eyes closing them in the process. When her fingers left his eyes, Vegeta opened them again. Trunks stood about a foot away watching what Bra was doing with obvious curiosity. She then ran her hands over Vegeta's lips, then lifted them into a smile instead of a frown. "That's what Mommy makes you feel, happy. And she will come back. And by Christmas too." Bra said it with such determination that Vegeta wanted to believe her with all his soul.

The week had passed and it was Christmas Eve. Vegeta had put up a small tree and Trunks and Bra had decorated it. They were all sitting on the couch drinking hot chocolate with marshmallows and watching The Nightmare Before Christmas, Trunks favorite holiday movie. Bra was in her red flannel nightgown and Trunks was in a pair of red pajama pants with a red tee shirt. And Vegeta clad only in a pair of black silk pajama pants Bulma had given him for his first Christmas.

Bra yawned, as did Trunks. Vegeta looked at the clock on the V.C.R it was 10:00pm. "Well you two you should go to bed if you want Santa to come tonight." Trunks rolled his eyes, he stopped believing in Santa after he couldn't give him what he wanted most, his mother. And he was sure Bra would stop believing in him when their father didn't get his mate Bulma for Christmas.

Vegeta kissed Bra's forehead, then Trunks and sent them off to bed. After he was sure they were asleep he quietly walked to the closet and got out the presents that were form "Santa". Vegeta never believed in silly things like that, but Bulma had always done it, even when he could tell it was her writing she would always sign a few presents "Santa Clause".

After placing the presents under the tree he walked over to the plate of cookies and glass of milk and ate and drank a little of each. As he was wiping away a little milk form his lip he saw a piece of pink paper. He picked it up and read it carefully.

Dear Santa Clause, I just wanted to remind you that I want my Mommy back so my Daddy is happy. That is all I want for Christmas, just to see my Daddy with a real smile on his face. Not one of those fake ones that he thinks I think are real. And thank you Santa, I know you wont let me down, I told Trunks you were real! Love, Bra Vegeta-Briefs

Vegeta choked as he read the note. All his little girl wanted for Christmas was for him to be really, truly happy. He sighed and took the note with him to his room that was across the hall from the kids.

He walked in and silently shut the door behind him. Making his way over to the twin-size bed he laid the not on the opposite side of which he slept on. Vegeta pressed the palms of his hands to his eyes and let out a quiet sob. It was another Christmas without Bulma, and another year without her at his side. "Why Kami, why did you have to take her." his voice cracked and trailed off. To tired and depressed he pulled back the conferter and lay down. He closed his eyes and saw the face of his beautiful mate. Her ocean blue hair shown brightly and her sky blue eyes shown warm and inviting. And her smile, words could not describe how beautiful and absolutely stunning it was. The only problem was that it was only his imagination, his memories. Not reality.

Suddenly Vegeta felt a warm hands run down his back, and up again. 'Great, now I'm hallucinating.' Vegeta thought bitterly.

"Vegeta."

Vegeta's eyes shot open. He knew that voice! It was his dead mate, Bulma's voice. He closed his eyes tight, why was he hearing her voice, had he finally gone insane?

"Vegeta."

It was there again. And he could feel warm breath tickle his neck when he heard the voice. Slowly he turned over on his other side facing the side on which Bulma would lay where she alive. His eyes widened and his jaw dropped. Right in front of his eyes was his love, his Bulma.

He reached out to touch her, expecting it to go right threw, it didn't. He could feel the warmth and silkiness of her skin. She was here, with him she was really here.

"Bulma."

Bulma raised a finger to his lips and smiled that bright smile that out shined the sun itself. "I know what you're thinking, and yes I'm really here. And I'm staying, for good. I'll never leave you again."

Vegeta swallowed and pulled Bulma to his chest and cried, something so unlike him it somewhat surprised Bulma. But she wrapped her arms around him and held him tight, telling him every thing would be alright now. Soon he quite crying and he stared into her eyes for the longest time. Then slowly he lowered his lips to hers and captured hers in a gentle and tender kiss.

Now he knew every thing would be all right. He had a son, a daughter, and his mate. Now nothing could make him sad. Now he would be happy, exactly as Bra had asked Santa for. Okay so now maybe he did believe in Santa.