Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ An Altered Game ❯ "Hey JM, nice to meet you Gohan." ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Petite_angel owns nuttin'!

An Altered Game

Rachel Garnashi, a 16-year-old teen, leaned back in her chair and stared out the window of Orange Star High. She was in the first class of the day and the most boring also, none-other-than the relentless History. She tossed back her reddish-brunette hair that went just past her shoulders and picked up a sheet of paper. While the teacher droned on about the social pyramid of ancient Romans, she wrote a note to her best friend:

Hey Kim,

Do u want 2 come over my house tonight? (Write back)

Rachel

She folded it up and tossed it to a short girl with black hair to her shoulders and bright green eyes. Kim Raoni laughed lightly and wrote 'sure,' crumbled the paper up and threw it back across the room over everyone's heads. All of the students ducked from the passing paper ball, and it just happened to hit the very evil teacher in the back of the head.

Rachel flashed her violet eyes at Kim and mouthed 'Bad aim!' Kim pouted and shrugged. The teacher turned back around, the paper ball in hand. "Who did that!?" she yelled. Kim lowered in her seat, turning red. The teacher turned her attention to Kim, but passed her and her eyes darted to Rachel. "It was you, wasn't it?"

Rachel's eyes widened, "What!? I didn't throw that at your head." The teacher narrowed her eyes. "Ever since you came to this class, you've been creating nothing but trouble; there's no doubt it was you." Rachel gaped, but didn't say a thing about Kim, not wanting her to get in trouble. She slammed her textbook on her desk and stomped out of the room, without a backward glance. Rachel leaned up against the wall and sighed, making her bangs flutter on her forehead.

A 14-year-old girl, who was walking by, paused and walked over to Rachel. She had blonde hair; odd teal eyes and had some good muscles on her. (Not the big chunky muscles that guys have, you know, less jagged and less defined) She looked a little shy and finally got the courage to speak. "Umm...do you know where the office is?" she asked. Rachel looked up and nodded. "I'll show it to you." she said. "You must be new."

"Yeah," answered the girl. "I'm JM." Rachel smiled. "It's nice to meet you JM." she said kindly as they walked. "So what are you interested in?" asked Rachel breaking the silence of the long hall.

"Fighting in tournaments, I guess." whispered JM. "That's cool." said Rachel. "My friend Kim and I take dance classes...that's kind of like fighting, well not really." "Same movement, just not as much power behind it." JM replied gently.

Rachel thought for a moment. "Yeah, I guess you're right." she said. "I'm sorry I'm not much of a talker. I've never really been around anyone, but my brothers. I've been home-schooled so I've never had friends around my age." said JM quietly. "Well, I guess I'm your new friend." said Rachel as she smiled.

"Well here's the office." said Rachel as they came to it, but before she left, Rachel turned back to JM. "Hey JM, what time do you have lunch?" she asked. JM turned back around. "12:15" she said. "Oh good!" said Rachel. "Keep a lookout for me; I want you to meet my friend Kim." JM nodded. "I'll see you then." she said as she walked into the office.

~***~3 Hours Later~***~

"...And then he started to look at me all weird like he didn't know what just happened." said Kim as herself and Rachel walked down to their lockers before lunch. Rachel laughed. "He sounds pretty dumb to me." "Hey!" said Kim. "Don't talk about Blade like that." Rachel laughed harder. "I was just playing silly. I wouldn't say mean stuff about your boyfriend." Kim sighed.

JM was walking down the hall in front of them, carrying her books. "Hey JM!" laughed Rachel as she ran up to her. Kim ran after. "Sheesh, Rachel just run off any time you want, without telling me first." pouted Kim. JM looked up. "Hey." she said.

"This is Kim." said Rachel pointing to the boy-crazy girl next to her. "Kim this is JM." "Hi." said JM as she smiled kindly. "Nice to meet you." said Kim in her melodic voice. "Well, we have to run off to our lockers." said Rachel. "See-ya at lunch." JM nodded and smiled some as Rachel took off again and Kim struggled to keep up.

***

Rachel and Kim couldn't believe how much food was in front of JM and how it disappeared in only a few minutes. JM looked up and laughed nervously. They both replied at almost the same time after they had dismissed their shock. "Eww...you like school lunch?" said Kim. "That's a lot of food!" said Rachel.

"It's not that bad as long as you gulp and then taste." said JM answering Kim's question. "And I get it from my Dad's side, big meals and you got to eat a lot to fit in." she added joking as she smiled brightly. "Where do you put it all?" said Kim. "I mean you're like skin, bones, and...muscle." Rachel nodded. "Yeah, I can't eat anything without gaining. I have to basically starve myself so I can stay in good dancing shape."

"This is what happens when you train all your life. You would think that my family is a bunch of super heroes or something like that." said JM. Rachel laughed. "You would think that we're crazy, no seriously we dance way too often." she said. "Yeah, we're always booked up with recitals, festivals and junk." said Kim.

JM looked up hearing a familiar voice. "Gohan." she said turning around. Gohan looked up from the circle of friends he was talking to and smiled as he walked over. "You made friends quickly." he said lightly. "Who's that?" said Kim curiously. "I like him." whispered Rachel to Kim from behind her hand as she giggled.

"This is my big brother Gohan." said JM. "He's been going here for a year almost. Gohan, this is Rachel and Kim." she said looking at the two girls and back at Gohan. "Hi." said Gohan. "Hello." said Kim. "Uhhh...Hi." said Rachel. Gohan nodded and said his goodbye, going to catch up with his friends that were leaving.

JM sighed as she looked back and grinned at Rachel. "You like him, yuck." Kim raised her eyebrows. "How did you hear?" asked Rachel blushing. "Good hearing and the look in your eyes." said JM looking away.

Kim jumped up and danced around. "Rachel's got a crush! Rachel's got a crush!" she yelled in a mocking tone. "AND IT'S-" Rachel covered her mouth quickly. "Don't be so loud Kim." she said turning bright red.

"He's a bookworm and no fun. He's always studying." muttered JM wondering who in the world would like her brother. Rachel replied with a simple, "He's adorable." as she shrugged. "That's what Videl says too." said JM.

"Videl...Rachel, I guess you're screwed." said Kim. Rachel frowned. "Thanks for putting it in that perspective." she said sighing. "They're not really going out, but she's over all the time. Gohan seems to run off to train every time she comes around though. Mom calls it a hate/love thing." said JM.

Rachel smiled hopefully. "I still have a chance?" she said. "Just to tell you, my family's a bit weird." said JM. 'Yeah, my Dad's an alien that's saved the Earth I don't know how many times now.' she thought as she crossed her arms.

"Nah, I'm sure they're not weird." said Kim. "Yeah, everyone is a bit odd." said Rachel. "Look at me for instance." JM laughed. "You're going to think everyone's normal once you meet my family." she said. JM paused, feeling a new energy level nearby. She turned her eyes to the window.

"Something wrong?" asked Rachel. "Uhh...I'll be back." said JM, leaving her backpack and heading down to the front door. She stopped outside the door and looked around. 'It's that weird power level that has been heading here for sometime.' she thought as she looked around the area that the power was coming from.

A/N: Whew, first chapter done! I'm relived. So who exactly is this JM person? Who are her parents? Does any of this sound familiar to you? What is she sensing? Okay, enough puzzling questions, they'll all be answered in the next chapter, so look for me. Also, if you have the chance please send me a review and tell me what you think. It would help a lot and make me feel good too! Thanks for everything! See ya!