Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Angel in Your Life ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]
Angel in your Life
By: Karie

######
Hey! I'm Karie, like CAREY, only spelled funny. whatEVER. Anyhoo, standard warnings and disclaimers here. Dun own, Dun claim, Dun sue. Oh, and this is a *het* fic...a first for me. also no LEMON or LIME in this, again, a first. Enjoy Minna!
######

Juunanagou = Juunanagou
Angel Aurora = me

~~~~~~~~~~

Juunanagou walked out of his house. I smiled, walking invisibly at his side. This was typical lately. Juunanagou would leave his four room apartment and go to the gym. I think he figured that without Juuhachigou with him, beating the guys at the gym was his was of being destructive. I was lagging behind and hurried to get beside him. Of course the rear veiw wasn't BAD nesicarily...I laughed as myself. This was my 24/7 job, being Juunanagou's angel. Not that I mind. My charge will always be around so I'll never have to be anything but a guardian angel. I don't think I'd like Archangel David's pen pusher job. I watched Juunanagou all day. He left the gym and I followed him home, watching out for him. Sometimes, when he's sleeping, I'll want to reach out and hold him to me, as if to say, "He's mine so back off." Of course I can't touch him. If I did, I learned long ago that it would give him an unpleasent feeling. Of course, sometimes watching him wasn't easy. Especially when he was in the shower...Bad Aurora. I really shouldn't do that. I've learned something about water. It doesn't like my wings. It makes the feathers clump and mat. Its not fun. We were at the door. I smiled as I watched him become annoyed with the keys. I carefully arranged them in his hands so that the door would open. He opened the door and I followed him in. He tripped over a book in the floor and swore angrilly, kicking it into the wall. I smiled slightly. So impatient with everything. That was my human. Of course, after that destestable Dr.Gero made those alterations to him, its hard to tell he IS human. But human he sure as hell is. He lay down on the small bed in the apartment and stared at the ceiling. I sat in the soft chair in the room, watching him. He was humming. I remembered the tune. He grew up to it. Neither of us remembered the words or the name. He fell asleep still humming that song. I sat in the chair for a few hours after he went to sleep. I smiled to myself. The slightest sounds brought him fighting his way awake. Who else but I could put up with Juunanagou? No younger woman would put up with his agression and flickering moods that could make women with PMS green with envy. No older woman would put up with his "I want it now!" behavior. No, I was all he needed, would ever need. No one else was nessicary. I got up and sat on the ledge of his open window. Sometimes I wished for a miracle, that I could touch him and hold him. Of course it wouldn't happen. But I wished for it so much sometimes...

~Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.~

David? Archandgel David? Who knows. I smiled, shifting slightly. Juunanagou moved, shoting up in his bed. I stilled. He was staring at me? No, it had to be something outside the window, there's no way he could see me. I slid off the window ledge and backed away from it. His bright saphire eyes followed me. Then he was off the bed and knocking me to the floor. He'd pinned me down. He could see me? So THATS what Archangel David had ment. Of course by pinning me like this Juunanagou had trapped my wings under me.

"Who are you? How did you get in here?"

I tried to extend my wings and got one trapped under his elbow. The pain was horrible.

"My wing...Your on it...Ohhh..."

He was kind enough to look down then get off me, backing away slightly. He even looked slightly appologetic. I sat up and looked at my wing. A few rumpled feathers and that was it. I stood up and brushed my long silver dress off, smoothing my silvery feathers out. Juunanagou was staring at me.

"Who are you? WHAT are you and how did you get in here?"

He was getting confused. I smiled sweetly, stepping forward and hesitantly reaching out to lay a hand on his shoulder. No unpleasentness. I laughed and brought my arms around him in a hug. He half tried to pull back but was too happy to be touched to mean it.

"Who? What?"

I leaned back, shaking my head.

"I'm the angel in your life. I'll always be there for you. Not just because I'm your angel, but because I love you, even when no one else will."

Juunanagou shook his head, looking at me with puzzlement.

"How can you love me? How could anyone love me if they know me?"

I smiled again, pulling him back to me. He hesitantly put his arms around me, I noticed the care with which he went around my wings and tried to hug me back. I leaned into him, tipping his head down to place a kiss on his forehead. A glimmer was left behind before it faded. My mark. I was his angel, but he would always be my human. I would never change, never be old. Neither would he.

"I have been with you your whole life to comfort you and take care of you. I will be with you for an eternity to keep taking care of you. Because I know you and have always and will always know you. For who you are, I love you. No one else could love you more. No one else could take your agitation, your moods, your attiude. No one but me. I can put up with it. I will always be there."

He shook slightly and I unfolded my wings, wrapping them around him. I had known for a while that the comfort of an angel is like a little taste of heaven. And the best comfort is the touch. Well, I was touching him, giving him comfort. And by enfolding him in my wings, he would sleep in my arms and never wake until morning. And I would still be with him. Holding him. I would walk with him to the gym or where ever he would go. Even the shower...I'll have to find a way to cover my wings...I pushed him back slightly, for he was leaning his head on my shoulder.

"Do you have a plastic cover I can use for my wings?"

He looked confused. I laughed, pushing his hair away.

"I will always be there. Where ever you go I will be there watching you. ALWAYS."

Juunanagou looked at me with surprise and then his mouth fell open. I just smiled.

"Always. I'm the angel in your life."