Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Behind Blue Eyes ❯ Pan and the Two Vegetas ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Behind Blue Eyes

Chapter 2- Pan and the Two Vegetas

Disclaimer: Yes, I do own DBZ…and also the Brooklyn Bridge, want to buy it?

Author's Note: Wow that was quick

~*~*~

Pan hugged her parents goodbye one last time before she walked towards her ship. Videl looked at her husband and sighed. "Gohan, are we doing the right thing? She's barely an adult and we're sending her to another planet."

Gohan wrapped an arm around Videl as he kept his eyes on his daughter's ship. "She'll be fine. She wasn't trained as a diplomat for nothing. Besides, King Vegeta just needs her to keep his son busy while he does his negotiations with Earth. Panny is the best that our government has."

~*~*~

Pan's ship took off after a few last minute preparations. The small woman sat back in her seat and sighed. `Do I really want to do this? I guess I really have no choice. They didn't give me much of a choice.' She glanced out the window for a moment, wondering about what the future would hold for her.

~*~*~

Vegeta sulked away from his father's chamber and walked purposefully to the palace's gymnasium. He shoved the door open and in the process knocked over a soldier. The dazed man looked up at the prince as he tried to slink away. "Forgive me Prince Vegeta; I shouldn't have been standing there…"

Rolling his eyes, the prince walked past the soldier and over to Nappa. "Nappa, I don't know what to do about that old fool." Nappa gazed up at his prince in awe. It wasn't like the prince to confide in his personal guard. Vegeta on the other hand, didn't seem to notice the change in his own behavior. "He has some…woman coming here to discuss an alliance with Earth. EARTH of all places!"

"Prince Vegeta, I know you don't really care about my opinion but here's what I think. You're twenty-one years old. You're too old to let your pride get in the way of a good thing. It may not have been you're idea, but it is a good one no less."

The shorter man seemed to consider what his guard said. He scowled up at the tall, bald man. "Shut up fool. Don't you think if I thought this could possibly turn out well I would've suggested it?"

The taller man shrugged. `One of these days he'll figure out that he doesn't know everything.' He crossed his arms and started to walk towards the door. "Prince Vegeta, you should ready yourself for this woman's arrival."

~*~*~

Both of the royal Vegetas stood by as the ship from Earth came into the docking bay. Prince Vegeta positioned himself against a wall with his arms crossed. His entire stature could be defined in one word: bored. His muscled body was clothed in a tight, ebony body suit with armor over it. His royal blue cape flowed down his back like a waterfall.

The elder Vegeta made a face at his son. `He has no respect for anyone, even a fellow saiyan.' King Vegeta crossed his own arms and sighed impatiently. His clothing was much like his son's but everything was royal blue.

The hatch to the ship opened and there stood Pan. Prince Vegeta's eyes widened at the sight of the girl. She had a tail! `The girl's a saiyan.' His eyes trailed away from her brown and silver tail to the rest of her body. Her lithe form was covered in an ankle length black skirt and a matching long-sleeved shirt.

His father's voice interrupted his thoughts. "Welcome to Vegeta-sei Son Pan. I am King Vegeta, that brooding fellow over there is my son. He shall be the one to show you to your room and help you get settled in." His son started to protest, but King Vegeta's stern look stopped all argument in its tracks.

The girl known now to Vegeta as Pan bowed to the King. "It's an honor to meet you both your highness. You don't need to assign anyone to help me, I can handle it."

"Nonsense, Vegeta would be happy to help you out, wouldn't you Vegeta?" The look on his face made the younger Vegeta know that he couldn't refuse.

"Of course I am." He uncrossed his arms and waited for one of the crew to get Pan's bags. As he grabbed them, he turned on his heel and walked quickly through the corridor and out of sight.

Pan bowed to the king and smiled. "I guess I'd better follow him. Shall we meet later to discuss my duties?" The king nodded and gestured for her to trail after the prince. Pan bowed once again and took off at a run to catch Vegeta.

Vegeta looked back at the girl behind him and scowled. "Why did you come?"

Pan returned his scowl and crossed her arms. "I came here because it's my job. Besides, I'm here to work with King Vegeta, not you." She brushed past him and into the room he indicated.

Vegeta growled menacingly and tossed her bags into the room after she was out of the way. "My father wants you at dinner tonight at 8:30. Until then, stay out of my way." With that, he slammed the door leaving a ticked off Pan.